PDA

View Full Version : KANSAS AD RETIRES NOW! 2 minutes ago

lakesbison
09-07-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.onenewspage.com/news/Sports/20100907/14796996/Source-Kansas-AD-resigns.htm

and BOOM the BISON STRIKE AGAIN!!

(lew was going to wait until after this year.... nope,. he gone today)

HandoEX
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow, how are the KU faithful reacting to this? I bet they are just going nuts down there.

duluthbison
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
It sounds like he had more problems than just loosing to NDSU. :(

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
It sounds like he had more problems than just loosing to NDSU. :(

Yes, a loss to NDSU in and of itself would not cause this.

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Linky for full story.......

http://kansas.scout.com/2/999946.html

mebisonII
09-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, none of the stories online so far even mention the NDSU-KU game at all, which is slightly strange to me. Certainly doesn't look like he was a stranger to scandal.

Twentysix
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Should probably move this to news about other schools. It has nothing to do with NDSU football.

bisontwice
09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Agreed, just taking up space now.

Gully
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/07/2205429/ku-athletic-director-perkins-retires.html

Small mention of the NDSU loss. There was obviously a major concern already but this loss didn't help.

NDSUstudent
09-08-2010, 12:55 AM
He was on his way out long before the NDSU-KU game.

sambini
09-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Now who replaces Perkins?

roadwarrior
09-08-2010, 02:13 AM

IHOP perhaps?

Tatanka
09-08-2010, 02:14 AM

IHOP perhaps?

now THAT thar shit is funny! :nod:

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 02:31 AM
IHOP perhaps?

Waffle House>IHOP :nod: :hungry:

I hope ya'll got some before we left WH territory!

roadwarrior
09-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Waffle House>IHOP :nod: :hungry:

I hope ya'll got some before we left WH territory!

Sorry I didnt get there. Or to a sonic! But I did find beer, so all is well!

Tatanka
09-08-2010, 02:54 AM

1/2. No Waffle House this trip (had to spend a lot of time in a car and you never know if the House is going to do you wrong. But did stop at no fewer than three Sonics on the trip.

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 03:14 AM
1/2. No Waffle House this trip (had to spend a lot of time in a car and you never know if the House is going to do you wrong. But did stop at no fewer than three Sonics on the trip.

lmao, yeah I was actually really impressed with how I felt after eating WH in St Joseph. Maybe I got the right food, or right cook? Or I drank too much and didn't eat enough so my body just digested the whole thing. Sonic was considerably better than the last time I had it...sort of pissed about that because now I'll crave it :hide:

Tatanka
09-08-2010, 03:16 AM
lmao, yeah I was actually really impressed with how I felt after eating WH in St Joseph. Maybe I got the right food, or right cook? Or I drank too much and didn't eat enough so my body just digested the whole thing. Sonic was considerably better than the last time I had it...sort of pissed about that because now I'll crave it :hide:

The WH in St Joseph is actually pretty decent. One of the more consistently good ones. Only got sick off of the food there once.

sambini
09-08-2010, 04:04 AM

Drove by the Sonic in Lawerence.

zooropa
09-08-2010, 04:15 AM
On the original topic--I'm impressed that the guy is getting a 100% buyout. He's even getting his retention bonus.

Love the Jim Gaffigan routine on Waffle Houses--the signs like ransom notes, with letters always burned out. I have seen with my own living breathing eyes a Waffle House sign that actually said WAFFLE HO-S- from the s-bound lanes on US 71 in Fayetteville, AR.

And I can't help but think that was deliberate.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2010, 05:15 AM
He was on his way out long before the NDSU-KU game.

yeah this game had nothing to do with it, as a KU basketball fan i've been reading about this for quite a while.

silkamilkamonico
09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Lew did great things at Kansas, like finaggling a University friendly and coaching friendly package to keep Self around long term (hopefully) after his Championship, not that Self was going anywhere anyways.

The game itself had nothing to do with it. A good majority and boosters where already on Lew's tail because of the scandal and hiring Turner who a lot of them didn't like, it was going to be added tension on Lew's back unless Kansas somehow blew NDSU out, which I think everyone somehow knew it wasn't going to happen.

Lew stated he would retire next year, but I think everyone behind the woodworks knew it was going to be earlier than that. The fact that the Big 12 ended up staying around instead of Kansas looking for a new conference certainly sped up his retirement.

bisonmike2
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
yeah this game had nothing to do with it, as a KU basketball fan i've been reading about this for quite a while.

Not buying it. This is my take (totally sarcastic).

Oh yeah Kansas! You thought you were scheduling a cupcake, but you were the one that was the cupcake. We destroyed you Kansas! We forced your QB to the ground and made him beg for mercy. Your receivers shuttered in fear when they went over the middle. And now, after being terrorized for 3 hours on Saturday, your AD would rather quit, then to continue working in the profession that may again one day lead to another match up with the mighty Bison!

http://www.morningtoast.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads//macho-man-randy-savage.jpg
/it helps if you read the post in the voice of the Macho Man.

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
The scandal of stealing something like $500,000 by the KU ticket manager probably weighed in just a tad more than the Bison game.....just a tad mind you.