PDA

View Full Version : The New Era Has Begun

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
The leadership gap has been filled. The defense looked pumped before every snap. Didn't look like they were waiting for the coaches to call the play. They were moving around all the time...and as the announcers said, Evans is the leader. Big improvement in the secondary. And we have a pass rush. Several guys pulling the weight all over the field. Looked like they were on a mission. It won't stop. The 'fire' is back.

The offense looked alright, and will probably open up the playbook this weekend. The huddle looked totally different. I think that the team has confidence in Jose Mohler. He looks a little green yet...but with some more experience I believe that he will come out firing with more and more confidence. Timing issues. This will come. Pass protection will improve.

This is a whole new team...with a whole new attitude.

Whatever the outcome is at UNI...the Panthers will be playing a Bison football team this Saturday. They will be surprised. They haven't played a Bison team yet.

The whole conference will be surprised. The transition from the transition is over.

The real push for conference and national recognition has begun. We are in the hunt. We 'are' in the upper echelon of the conference and the FCS. Watch out MVFC. The Bison have awoken. :cool:

Capn_Cat
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/15rgn5u.jpg
"You vewy, vewy funny, Bison boy!"

TransAmBison
09-07-2010, 03:20 PM
It is good to have you back CA! Just in time...

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
The leadership gap has been filled. The defense looked pumped before every snap. Didn't look like they were waiting for the coaches to call the play. They were moving around all the time...and as the announcers said, Evans is the leader. Big improvement in the secondary. And we have a pass rush. Several guys pulling the weight all over the field. Looked like they were on a mission. It won't stop. The 'fire' is back.

The offense looked alright, and will probably open up the playbook this weekend. The huddle looked totally different. I think that the team has confidence in Jose Mohler. He looks a little green yet...but with some more experience I believe that he will come out firing with more and more confidence. Timing issues. This will come. Pass protection will improve.

This is a whole new team...with a whole new attitude.

Whatever the outcome is at UNI...the Panthers will be playing a Bison football team this Saturday. They will be surprised. They haven't played a Bison team yet.

The whole conference will be surprised. The transition from the transition is over.

The real push for conference and national recognition has begun. We are in the hunt. We 'are' in the upper echelon of the conference and the FCS. Watch out MVFC. The Bison have awoken. :cool:

CA is back with a classic CA post that I completely agree with. This is a real Bison team after a couple of years off. I think it will be a dog fight, but if that offense gets going, I think they can pull off the W. It shoudl be tight at a minimum.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Didn't say we'll be ahead on the scoreboard crunch. Just said you haven't played a Bison team yet. Be ready for an eye-opener. :cool:

You have a new, and very formidable challenger in the conference. We'll be knocking at the door every year.

DjKyRo
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
*sniff* That was beautiful, CA.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/2/9/529f5853ea63ca1194812f232ab148dd.gif

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I agree with you Ca the fire looked back. They were fired up celebrating the good plays and congratulating each other. Last year was to much of a do my job get back in formation and do it again. They had lost their fire. The played aggressive like the Bison of years past. I hope they keep it up.

cbline
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
It was great to see 4-5 players in position to recover that last fumble in the closing minutes. It means that people are again going to the ball for support on every play.

Tatanka
09-07-2010, 03:40 PM
It was great to see 4-5 players in position to recover that last fumble in the closing minutes. It means that people are again going to the ball for support on every play.

This was immediately noticeable in the fall scrimmage as well as all game long in Kansas.

BadlandsBison
09-07-2010, 04:07 PM
The new era doesn't begin UNTIL we beat the purple kitties, at least from my point of view. NDSU can't be a legit team unless we beat them.*

*But the rock-chalkers were a fun warm up

jaystus
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Just a reminder it was one win. That Kansas team was all new and had lost like 8 in a row. I think a few of the MVC teams could of beat them.
was it a big game yes but I'm not convinced. UNI also has a new QB and this is their first game so they are going to have some problems so we should beat them.
I agree beating UNI would put them closer to being back.

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Just a reminder it was one win. That Kansas team was all new and had lost like 8 in a row. I think a few of the MVC teams could of beat them.
was it a big game yes but I'm not convinced. UNI also has a new QB and this is their first game so they are going to have some problems so we should beat them.

I'll stick my neck out though and say the D looked back. That was a Bison D I was used to seeing, aggressive, swarming and hard hitting. I agree it was one win but the team was not even close to looking the same as they were the last few years on D.

Now I do have questions if they can stop the pass over the middle and lots of questions about the O but the next few weeks will tell that.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 04:41 PM
The new era doesn't begin UNTIL we beat the purple kitties, at least from my point of view. NDSU can't be a legit team unless we beat them.*

Respectfully, I disagree. A team attitude, and a season, can't depend on beating one team. If that's the attitude, then it lessens the importance of maintaining consistency of purpose and intensity throughout the season.

Every week is like a new season. I think that this team gets it. Every game is important. No room for letdowns. If we lose to UNI...we can still have a great year.

Rivalries are big...but we can't let them dominate the year.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM

It's in the attitude that was evident. I hadn't seen that kind of intensity since the last Minnesota game. Many, many contributors...even from 2nd stringers. That's a really good sign.

Yes...Kansas is down...no doubt. And I agree...we will play 2 or 3 teams of that caliber, or better, in the conference. I think that the team knows that. This team will build itself...week by week. It's a young team that will suffer growing pains...but I don't think that the attitude that we saw will go away.

A win this weekend would really pump everyone up...but the danger lies within making 'any' game too important.

Notorious
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Well, now that we've had our annual FBS "tune-up" game to work out the kinks, we should be ready for conference play ;)

p.s. I love CABISON!!

jaystus
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
It's in the attitude that was evident. I hadn't seen that kind of intensity since the last Minnesota game. Many, many contributors...even from 2nd stringers. That's a really good sign.

Yes...Kansas is down...no doubt. And I agree...we will play 2 or 3 teams of that caliber, or better, in the conference. I think that the team knows that. This team will build itself...week by week. It's a young team that will suffer growing pains...but I don't think that the attitude that we saw will go away.

A win this weekend would really pump everyone up...but the danger lies within making 'any' game too important.

I agree they looked like they wanted to be playing, not waiting for something bad to happen

EndZoneQB
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Welcome back CA :nod: :D

I do agree tho. Last year, we would have lost a game similar to this...we seemed to getting a few "bounces", and making some PLAYS when a play was needed. Lots of guys stepping up and making a play when we really needed one...you certainly can't say enough about the playmaking ability of our defense in the first game! Granted, we'll give up some bigger plays looking to make a play, but as long as we keep our head up and look for the next play to be made...we should be just fine!

LETS GO BISON! PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
...we seemed to getting a few "bounces", and making some PLAYS when a play was needed.

Some would call that "luck", but most of this type of "luck" is due to the players and attitude of the team. Thus the reason CA is right. They guys looked confident and look ready to kick some ass.

Green-N-Gold
09-07-2010, 05:35 PM
It was AWESOME to see the fire Jose had on the sidelines getting the team pumped up during the game. Very good to see him becoming a leader.

mebisonII
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, now that we've had our annual FBS "tune-up" game to work out the kinks, we should be ready for conference play ;)

p.s. I love CABISON!!

I was just thinking this morning how much better it is as fans to start the season saying, "woo-hoo! We knocked off another FBS" instead of "crap, we lost to a lower division" or even "woop-de-do, we beat Eastern Illinois".

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 06:05 PM
It was AWESOME to see the fire Jose had on the sidelines getting the team pumped up during the game. Very good to see him becoming a leader.

I didn't see that. Now I'm really pumped !! With that attitude, the offense 'will' improve and gain confidence. They have a leader.

Thanks

BisonNeil
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I was just thinking this morning how much better it is as fans to start the season saying, "woo-hoo! We knocked off another FBS" instead of "crap, we lost to a lower division" or even "woop-de-do, we beat Eastern Illinois".

Or how about "we beat NAIA Quincy" or "NCAA Div IIIIIIIII Western State".

Imagine the change in game speed S ILL will see between Quincy and Illinois? I might have to tune in that game on the B10 network.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I agree with you Ca the fire looked back. They were fired up celebrating the good plays and congratulating each other. Last year was to much of a do my job get back in formation and do it again. They had lost their fire. The played aggressive like the Bison of years past. I hope they keep it up.

Good comments. I think that this group gets it. Remember how they acted as the first half was ending? The sideline was going crazy. Haven't seen that in a long, long time...even during some of the 10-1 years.

Sideline involvement & enthusiasm affects team play in a big way. Everyong is focused, and ready to hit the field with intensity when called on.

This is brand, brand new. Reminds me of the Wacker/Morton era. This is 'very, very' good news.

VanClubPres
09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Here's what I liked. Dante, who will prob never taKe a snap as a starter was standing on the bench cheering and waving his towel with excitement.

What does he have to cheer about, you say? He's a Bison, and that's always worth cheering for

TransAmBison
09-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Here's what I liked. Dante, who will prob never taKe a snap as a starter was standing on the bench cheering and waving his towel with excitement.

What does he have to cheer about, you say? He's a Bison, and that's always worth cheering for

I have never heard a bad thing about the kid. He is very classy.

bisonfan11
09-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Welcome back CA! i agree with you totally on this. I was unable to watch the game but from hearing the game on 790, it sounded like the Bison were back to playing with emotion and fire. I am liking what Jose Mohler brings to the table as far as leadership for the offense. One of the better articles the Forum did was a front page article on the transformation of Mohler from a problem kid to a leader on this team. Mertens could never be that leader and that is the reason for the Bison never being able to win in crunch time. I think we will see a lot more of what Mohler can do against UNI as I feel Bohl and Vigen (I believe that is the offensive coordinator) will allow Mohler more opportunities to pick a part the UNI secondary (plus this would be a game to judge whether or not McNorton can really be that elite feature back as well). On defense we are young, but with Scottie Hazelton as the defensive coordinator it seems like the overexcited tough Bison defense is back. I hope that we have gained a little swagger to know that we CAN beat anyone (but not be cocky and not show up to play). I hope the Kansas game is the start of another great chapter in Bison football history.

EndZoneQB
09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I have never heard a bad thing about the kid. He is very classy.

Yep. He was so happy to be a Bison because we gave him a chance to be himself(a QB). Supposedly, Mohler was recruited by SEC schools to play slot as well...

NDSUFREAK
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM

BINGO! The era has not begun yet. When the BISON beat UNI...then the party starts.

ndsubison1
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Great post CA! Welcome back

Tatanka
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
BINGO! The era has not begun yet. When the BISON beat UNI...then the party starts.

Teh FREAK IS BACK!!!!!