PDA

View Full Version : If Outside TV Area: Internet Broadcat?

Herd
09-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Will there be an internet broadcast of this weekends game at UNI. Or is that blacked out because of TV? I'm outside the TV viewing area. I don't see it up on gobison.com.

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 12:45 AM
And I am still looking for someone to let me use their slingbox to watch the game. No one can help me out?

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks like $10 to stream from UNI....

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/uni.portal#

Wally
09-07-2010, 12:49 AM
INTERNET VIDEO: Internet video and audio (Panther Radio Network) streaming of this week’s game will be available by clicking UNI Gameday Central at unipanthers.com

This was from the press release today on gobison.com

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 12:58 AM
INTERNET VIDEO: Internet video and audio (Panther Radio Network) streaming of this week’s game will be available by clicking UNI Gameday Central at unipanthers.com

This was from the press release today on gobison.com

And thus my post above.....it has the link.

Hammersmith
09-07-2010, 01:18 AM
If a couple of you want to download the free OrbTV software(www.orb.com), we can try a streaming test. I've got my antenna set up for KX4, and I've set my password up for the test.

1. Download the software (Orb Caster)
2. Log on as Hammersmith52, password is NDSUBison
3. Try clicking on whatever is on KXJB(Two and a Half Men right now)
4. Let me know on here when you are trying and how well it works

I'd like to know how many people are trying at any given time so I can see (1) if this works at all, and (2) does the number of people trying make a difference. Later tonight(probably after the VT/BSU game), I'll reset the password and we can test again later in the week if needed.

JSUBison
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
If a couple of you want to download the free OrbTV software(www.orb.com), we can try a streaming test. I've got my antenna set up for KX4, and I've set my password up for the test.

I'd like to know how many people are trying at any given time so I can see (1) if this works at all, and (2) does the number of people trying make a difference. Later tonight(probably after the VT/BSU game), I'll reset the password and we can test again later in the week if needed.

Never heard of ORB before. I just tried your experiment, and it worked for me.

BisBison
09-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Anybody know if the game will be on TV in Jamestown?

Hammersmith
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM

Should. They get KVLY.

lakesbison
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM
always check around that
site.

http://alpha2zulu.webstarts.com/a2z_channel_1.html

or this:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/44467-NCAA-Football-Week-1-Streaming

roadwarrior
09-07-2010, 01:31 AM

The game is going to be on KVLY-11

Hammersmith
09-07-2010, 01:33 AM
The game is going to be on KVLY-11

Wow, I'm an idiot.

Wally
09-07-2010, 01:39 AM

I gave it a whirl and this is what came up on the screen

This login is already connected from another computer.
You can only use a login on one computer.
Create new logins for other computers.

Hammersmith
09-07-2010, 01:43 AM
I gave it a whirl and this is what came up on the screen

This login is already connected from another computer.
You can only use a login on one computer.
Create new logins for other computers.

Okay, that's what I was wondering. I'm making some changes now(including resetting my antenna for KVLY) and I'll come back with new info.

edit: Unless somebody can tell me how to set up an account like Justin.tv to stream a live TV broadcast, I'm going to have to declare this a fail. I can setup Orb for one user to access the stream remotely, but I can't set it up to share. And I don't know how to bridge between the different services (Orb -> Justin.tv etc). My hacking-fu is weak.

Hansel
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
so out of towners are SOL? :(

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
so out of towners are SOL? :(

You can buy the web-stream for $9.95 through UNI. That link is posted elsewhere.

To answer your question directly, as far as TV goes, you are screwed unless you have a bar with 1980's technology that can still dial in sattellite coordinates.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Just to remind people, the software I was talking about earlier in the thread won't work the way I hoped it would. I tried looking into other ways, but there wasn't enough time to learn them. Basically, what I was trying to do is illegal, so there aren't any simple software options. You have to use legitimate programs in ways they weren't meant to be used, and then fill the gaps with programs written by people who like this sort of thing. It takes a while to learn how to splice it all together and get it working, and I just didn't have that time. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up.

If you can't get to a bar that has satellite capability(they're more common than you'd think), then the UNI web feed is your best option.

riceweb
09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Have you tried justin.tv? You can set up a private broadcast rather easily.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Have you tried justin.tv? You can set up a private broadcast rather easily.

Yes, but that software is designed to use a feed from a webcam. You have to have other programs to grab the live TV, convert it into a stream, then fool justin.tv into allowing it. That's the stuff I'm having problems with. Also, I'm having problems with my hardware. I can watch OTA HD TV channels, but my laptop completely locks up if I try to use my TV tuner to watch SD channels(the tuner isn't Win7 compatible). And I couldn't find a program except Orb that could use the HD tuner and stream it. I think I'll have to buy a more modern tuner if I want this to work. Another thing I didn't have time for.

riceweb
09-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Well no worries. The UNI feed should be more than sufficient (and also a lot less of a legal grey area). I just wish that applications like Boxee could work with the UNI feeds.

Tatanka
09-11-2010, 03:25 PM
the only internet broadcat i'm aware of goes by the name of Capn.

carry on.

MontanaBisonFan
09-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Can't get into UNI Game center using Google Chrome.

Mozzilla Firefox gets in but payment part does not function.

Anyone having similar problems.

Thanks