PDA

View Full Version : The Bison had better not take this game "off"

bisonfan11
09-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Let's give props to NDSU for their victory over Kansas. It was a great win for a football program that seemed to lose some of the steam they had before moving to the MVFC. However the Bison had better not look past Northern Iowa this week-end. True it looks like UNI might not be as strong as they have been the last 3-4 years (or more), but still to look past UNI is only going to hang a L in the W-L column for the Bison. Let's hope that playing a MVFC team will allow NDSU's offense to show what they are made of. If NDSU plays well I can see UNI being a winnable game, if NDSU comes out totally over confident they will lose and lose bad.

NDSUstudent
09-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I think the team wants this bad, there is no chance they would ever overlook UNI. Hell our redshirt freshman were talking smack with the UNI bench at the dome last year, no doubt they'll want this game. Probably more so than Kansas.

4mcruenomore
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
The team will not over look them, our D is solid. The offense needs to come on a bit, but I think we win.

onbison09
09-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I think the team wants this bad, there is no chance they would ever overlook UNI. Hell our redshirt freshman were talking smack with the UNI bench at the dome last year, no doubt they'll want this game. Probably more so than Kansas.

Nah they won't overlook UNI. I'd be surprised.

Hammersmith
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm way more worried about the USD game than UNI when it comes to game focus. I don't think they can screw up the Morgan State game bad enough to lose, but USD might be just good enough to sneak it out if the Bison are 3-0 going into the game and totally sleepwalk through it.

Wally
09-06-2010, 11:57 PM
After the bulls*** that happened at last year's game, there is no way we should overlook them. Plus, they have beaten us pretty good the last 2 years

HerdBot
09-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Let's give props to NDSU for their victory over Kansas. It was a great win for a football program that seemed to lose some of the steam they had before moving to the MVFC. However the Bison had better not look past Northern Iowa this week-end. True it looks like UNI might not be as strong as they have been the last 3-4 years (or more), but still to look past UNI is only going to hang a L in the W-L column for the Bison. Let's hope that playing a MVFC team will allow NDSU's offense to show what they are made of. If NDSU plays well I can see UNI being a winnable game, if NDSU comes out totally over confident they will lose and lose bad.

Northern Iowa is probably better than Kansas and it's a conference game - they better be prepaed for a battle or we will lose. I still think UNI should be favored in the game despite what happened in Kansas. 3 months ago I would have said we have no chance to win either of our first games. Now I'm convinced we can win both.

onbison09
09-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Interesting to hear Bohl say their coach advocated for no suspension for Pat.

GradBison
09-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Trust me, IF we don't win the next game it won't be from lack of focus or because of overlooking UNI.

The coaches and players want it bad.

NDSU1980
09-07-2010, 12:28 AM
It's always been said that teams improve the most between the first and second games, and that was true for us back in the Walker days. Doubt if that happened the last two years, but we've returned to form now.

We should be improved over last week, and I think we did pretty dang good last week. UNI is coming into their first game. I just don't see this one slipping away from us.

CarringtonBison
09-07-2010, 03:09 AM
It's always been said that teams improve the most between the first and second games, and that was true for us back in the Walker days. Doubt if that happened the last two years, but we've returned to form now.

We should be improved over last week, and I think we did pretty dang good last week. UNI is coming into their first game. I just don't see this one slipping away from us.

First thought in my head was showing up for this game. Cannot afford to have a let down. We have momentum back in the program and we NEED to build on this!

HandoEX
09-07-2010, 03:44 AM
UNI always fields a good team. They don't rebuild, they reload. We better be ready for a battle, and I think the team has the leadership to get the boys ready.

GO BISON!

lakesbison
09-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Billy Turner's bro plays for UNI, and between the trash talk between them, and with the Pat Paschall stuff from last year, and the stupid lil WR's from UNI grabbin their junk and yelling at the ndsu students.

there will be PLENTY of incentive to beat UNI.

plus, IOWA/IOWA ST is on at 1pm, so the UNI DUMP will be empty and full of BISON FANS!!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-07-2010, 05:03 AM
The team will not over look them, our D is solid. The offense needs to come on a bit, but I think we win.

now this is what I like to hear!!!

Twentysix
09-07-2010, 05:08 AM
now this is what I like to hear!!!

But if Thorton isnt starting QB UNI will win 7000 to 4.

Jk :hide:

BraxtonT
09-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Interesting to hear Bohl say their coach advocated for no suspension for Pat.

This was likely genuine, but Farley knew that an NDSU team with PP had a better chance of beating an SDSU team that was at or near the top of the conference standings. Both SDSU and UNI were fighting for playoff spots at the time.

CaBisonFan
09-08-2010, 02:01 PM

I don't think that this group will be overconfident. I think that they get it. I detected a real 'blue-collar' attitude on the sideline. Someone, or something, has lit a major fire under this team.