PDA

View Full Version : Willson and Jastrom earn MVFC week 1 honors

NDSUstudent
09-06-2010, 03:17 AM
ST. LOUIS – North Dakota State linebacker Chad Willson and place kicker Ryan Jastram have been named two of Week 1’s Missouri Valley Football Conference players of the week.

Willson, a 5-11, 221-pound junior, earned the Defensive Player of the Week honors. He led the Bison with 12 tackles to stifle Big 12 opponent Kansas in a 6-3 NDSU win on Saturday night.

Jastram, a 5-11, 203-pound junior, hit a pair of field goals for NDSU’s only points in the win. He was named the Special Teams Player of the Week.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/290152/group/homepage/

HandoEX
09-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Both were absolutely outstanding. Wilson looked really good in practice, but he was amazing last night.

I can't say enough about Ryan Jastram. What a performance. He hit two FGs and won the game for us. I was very scared going into the season with him kicking FGs, but he made me forget those worries!

DjKyRo
09-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Very awesome and well-deserved on both counts! Chad looked like a man on the field out there, he was just flying all over Kansas's offense. Jastram came through in the clutch as well, we miss either of those and we probably don't come out on top (considering our offense couldn't do a whole lot). Great performances by both guys.