PDA

View Full Version : Big Ups to the New Guys!

DjKyRo
09-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I want to give some credit to our underclassmen who made some HUGE plays last night -

#1, Mike Sigers. His blocked punt was the spark that got us fired up at the house and I'm sure it had a similar effect on the field. Huge.

#2, Marcus Williams. Looked great in coverage, absolutely smothered his guy at the endzone in I believe the third quarter. Love that athleticism and it's great to see him on the field after his hard work to join the team.

#3, John Pike. HUGE fumble recovery after Eaves knocked it out of the tight end's hands.

#4, Chad Wilson. New to the program and I admit I was curious about what he brought to the table, but he answered last night in his all-over-the-field performance. Loved it.

#5, Ryan Jastram. New kicker and God knows Bison Nation has been skeptical of kicking, but a few touchbacks on kickoffs and the only points for the Bison last night.

Who else?

mebisonII
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I want to give some credit to our underclassmen who made some HUGE plays last night -

#1, Mike Sigers. His blocked punt was the spark that got us fired up at the house and I'm sure it had a similar effect on the field. Huge.

#2, Marcus Williams. Looked great in coverage, absolutely smothered his guy at the endzone in I believe the third quarter. Love that athleticism and it's great to see him on the field after his hard work to join the team.

#3, John Pike. HUGE fumble recovery after Eaves knocked it out of the tight end's hands.

#4, Chad Wilson. New to the program and I admit I was curious about what he brought to the table, but he answered last night in his all-over-the-field performance. Loved it.

#5, Ryan Jastram. New kicker and God knows Bison Nation has been skeptical of kicking, but a few touchbacks on kickoffs and the only points for the Bison last night.

Who else?

Good list...I didn't see or hear the game (:() but the GDT included lots of names I wasn't familiar with before this game. Having the ability to hit 44-yd field goals sure shortens the field a lot!

walknroehl
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Chad WILLSON. I think we all better recognize.

CaBisonFan
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Who else?

Titus Mack (spelling?) He's new, right...wrong? Not sure.

DjKyRo
09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Also, while he's not a newb by any means I want to give some props to John Prelvitz, our punter. I think he had two punts inside the ten, three total within the 20 and two touchbacks - Kansas started just about every drive deep in their own territory and I can imagine what kind of backbreaker it was to stare at the entire field most of the game. Huge.

Looking back, our kicking wasn't half-bad. :)

NDSUFan_Sav
09-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Titus Mack (spelling?) He's new, right...wrong? Not sure.

titus mack was here last season i think he was hurt some of the year

NDSUFan_Sav
09-06-2010, 05:13 AM
jastram also kicked last yr somewhat think he was 1-4 and miggt of missed an xp

roadwarrior
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
#50 Michael Murphy, true freshman long snapper

He had 8 snaps for punts, 2 snaps for field goals, and we didn't even notice him. This is exactly how Jeff Curtis played for the past four seasons!

But one thing most probably missed was his tackle on one of our punts, and I noticed him right in the mix on another punt tackle.

Bisonguy
09-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Who else?

Gotta give Jastram props for his TD saving open field tackle on one kickoff.

bisontwice
09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Hopefully our kicker doesn't have to make any more tackles. Coach P had to be going nuts