PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations from the city of Columbia, MO

tmoney404
09-05-2010, 08:39 AM
A very spirited effort on behalf of the badass Bison. You have our respect! Best of luck during the rest of your season. You had 30,000+ Mizzou faithful in Columbia behind your every snap tonight.

AndShock
09-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I figured I'd offer my congratulations from Wichita, as a Wichitan and Wichita State fan. I was cheering for you guys the whole game. I always love seeing an MVC school beat KU, whether it be football or basketball. I know us Wichita State fans and you guys probably don't have the same bond as other MVC schools considering our lack of a football team, but it's still nice to see KU losing to an MVC school. I was cheering for you guys a couple of years ago during March Madness, that didn't work out as well, but it's nice to see you got your revenge.

cbline
09-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the support, guys. We'll take as many Honorary Bison as we can!!

Side note: a kid from Fargo just verballed with Missouri. O-lineman named McGovern.

BlueBisonRock
09-06-2010, 01:47 AM
The Bison had a tremendous amount of support from the Kansas and Missouri area.

My wife and I had a late breakfast with friends from Kansas City (the MO side) on our way home. The first words from Karen were: "I graduated from Mizzou, He graduated from Mizzou, our daughter graduated from Mizzou, and our son is going to Mizzou. Thank you to North Dakota State".

She then related that during the announcements at their church this morning, the pastor informed the congregation that NDSU had beaten KU. The congregation applauded!

I really appreciate the support the Bison received and are receiving from 'folks in the area'! :bow:

SDbison
09-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Had numerous Mizzou fans stop and say hello as we fueled up at gas stations during the return from Lawrence in the Battlewagon. One Mizzou student wanted to get pictures of the battlewagon. They all were grateful for the Bison victory!

runtheoption
09-06-2010, 02:58 AM
This thread makes me think NDSU vs. UND is kids stuff compared to Mizzou vs. KU. Those Mizzou fans must really hate KU.

Trim
09-06-2010, 03:08 AM
K-State fans were loving it too. An alum was tailgating with us and couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he thanked us over and over. Also, another group of K-Staters was slapping me on the back at the turnpike service island. We reveled in it as we listened to the Jayhawk play-by-play guy try to talk Jayhawk callers down from the ledge on the post game call-in show as we snuck away on the turnpike with our bag of McDonalds and freshly emptied bladders.

HandoEX
09-06-2010, 03:13 AM
This thread makes me think NDSU vs. UND is kids stuff compared to Mizzou vs. KU. Those Mizzou fans must really hate KU.

It is absolute hatred. One of my best friends got his undergrad at NDSU and his phd from Mizzou. The two schools absolutely despise each other. Do some research about the rivalry and you'll see why. It is not your average "sports only" rivalry. Needless to say, my bud was enjoying the drive back to Columbia today!

Tatanka
09-06-2010, 03:47 AM
It is absolute hatred. One of my best friends got his undergrad at NDSU and his phd from Mizzou. The two schools absolutely despise each other. Do some research about the rivalry and you'll see why. It is not your average "sports only" rivalry. Needless to say, my bud was enjoying the drive back to Columbia today!

Truth. And it's not the two schools, it's the two STATES. Goes back to the Civil War... Heck even the names "Jayhawks" and "Tigers" have violent Civil War era origins.

On a secondary note the mission to not spend money in Kansas (because it's Kansas) and Iowa (because the road construction pissed me off) was a partial failure. We did stop for lunch today in Iowa, but we also left a sizeable deposit. I'll call it even.

DjKyRo
09-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the support guys! It sure means a lot to hear that the rest of college sports world is talking about NDSU, especially the bit on another thread about Kyle Field at Texas A&M going up when they heard the final score...that's just awesome. Stick around, it'd be cool to get some more perspective from different fanbases. :)

onbison09
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Truth. And it's not the two schools, it's the two STATES. Goes back to the Civil War... Heck even the names "Jayhawks" and "Tigers" have violent Civil War era origins.

On a secondary note the mission to not spend money in Kansas (because it's Kansas) and Iowa (because the road construction pissed me off and because it's Iowa) was a partial failure. We did stop for lunch today in Iowa, but we also left a sizeable deposit. I'll call it even.

FIFY :nod: :D