PDA

View Full Version : Dline

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Dline I thought was fantastic. They did a great job controlling the run IMHO and maintained outstanding pressure thoughout the course of the game. They didn't let a big play here and there break them even in the midst of a drive and consistently found ways to get to the QB.

I would be curious to see if Boyer can contine to progress and if he can become a possible draft prospect in the future. I was very impressed with him, and watching him just flat out blow by his blocker at times.

IMO definetely the most impressive unit tonight from my humble perception.

56BISON73
09-05-2010, 05:53 AM
D-line was awesome tonight. Whens the last time you saw the d-line putting pressure on the QB? Plus they were swarming to the ball. Not to mention the fact that they were on the field ALOT in the 4th Q and they were still going strong!!!!

North Side
09-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Was that the vikings D line or NDSU i couldn't tell the difference, amazing job!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2010, 06:04 AM
i agree we controlled that line well boyer was a stud

lakesbison
09-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Made The Dbs Look Great!!!

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2010, 06:13 AM
What year is Boyer? Anyone know his measurables? I do not remember much froom him last year. I was looking for Perry to make some plays, but it seemed like the entire Dline was involved often throughout the game.

Bison09
09-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I agree. I was definitely impressed with the D-line. Boyer and Gratzek led a strong force all night. Throw Phillips and Jirik in and we didn't miss a beat. I also think Perry looks good for a R-FR(except for the late hit on the 3rd and long). Also we need to give credit to Ryan Jastram. He seems reliable and he did score all 6 points. Lastly I thought the LBs looked good. Chad Wilson looked real good. Evans is one of the best and Anderson is solid. 2 young guys in Jemison and Olson filling in their shoes in the future looks promising. Cut back on the penalties and open up the playbook and this team can be damn good.

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2010, 06:24 AM
LB's played well too I thought, and yea that Chad Wilson I thought was very good. I don't remember hearing anything about him and thought Olson was the other starter but it was him. He made some great individual plays as well.

Wally
09-05-2010, 07:05 AM
D Line Won This Game Tonight!!

Scooter1
09-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I agree, the DL was key.

They kept the OL off of the linebackers so they could make plays. Top three tacklers were linebackers, just like it should be when the DL is doing it's job.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree. I was definitely impressed with the D-line. Boyer and Gratzek led a strong force all night. Throw Phillips and Jirik in and we didn't miss a beat. I also think Perry looks good for a R-FR(except for the late hit on the 3rd and long). Also we need to give credit to Ryan Jastram. He seems reliable and he did score all 6 points. Lastly I thought the LBs looked good. Chad Wilson looked real good. Evans is one of the best and Anderson is solid. 2 young guys in Jemison and Olson filling in their shoes in the future looks promising. Cut back on the penalties and open up the playbook and this team can be damn good.

Spot on !!!!!!!

If the defense plays like this for the whole season.....look out MV.

BisonNolesFan77
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
What year is Boyer? Anyone know his measurables? I do not remember much froom him last year. I was looking for Perry to make some plays, but it seemed like the entire Dline was involved often throughout the game.

Boyer is a Junior, about 6'4" and around 250-255...his freshman year he was very productive with about 25% of the snaps, last year no one heard much from him, lets hope he plays the entire year like last night.

The entire front 7 played great last night, KU's OL was getting spanked by the DL, and Jemison, Evans, Willson, and Anderson were playing great, flying to the ball, making plays, and playing fast. 4 very good LB's there for sure!

BisonNeil
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
i agree we controlled that line well boyer was a stud

A friend of mine spoke to Colter Boyer's brother before the game last night. He said Steigy told Colter he wasn't athletic enough to play DE for SDSU. Oops....

MN_BISON
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
A friend of mine spoke to Colter Boyer's brother before the game last night. He said Steigy told Colter he wasn't athletic enough to play DE for SDSU. Oops....

Are you sure, maybe Colter just doesn't like to hunt and fish so he wasn't an SDSU kind of guy?:D Either way, looks like old Steigy missed the boat on that one.

ndsubison1
09-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Boyer is a junior