PDA

View Full Version : Put Thorton in NOW

4mcruenomore
09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Nice interception

Kevin
09-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Like I said in the game thread I'm not going to give Jose the Mertens treatment based on one game against an FBS team but I just hope (and pray) that Bohl doesn't give him more chances than necessary like he did with Mertens. If it means we have to take a new look to keep our chances at a playoff run then do it.

Hopefully not though. I really hope Jose comes out and plays smart the next few weeks.

bisonmike2
09-05-2010, 02:31 AM
i think it worked out ok.

aces1180
09-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Oh that's right, 4mcrue is moderated.

I think we are fine without Thorton.

Kevin
09-05-2010, 02:35 AM
i think it worked out ok.

What turned out fine? Keeping Mohler in the game or us posting in a troll thread?

North Side
09-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Mohler did fine, good game manager qb skills, I am gunna call him trent dilfer if he keeps this up!

Kevin
09-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Mohler did fine, good game manager qb skills, I am gunna call him trent dilfer if he keeps this up!

I'm (once again) more concerned about the play calling than I am the QB play.

aces1180
09-05-2010, 02:38 AM

Agreed.....

bisonfan11
09-05-2010, 02:43 AM
I doubt that Thorton is ready. Plus I doubt that Thorton is better than Mohler, Jensen, and Perez at this time. Maybe two years from now Thorton might be ready to have his shot to start.

NDSU1980
09-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Gee, we win the biggest game since Minnesota and you want to pull Jose. I hate to think what would have happened had we lost? Have Jose shot at sunrise?

On to UNI and another Mohler victory next week.

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2010, 02:46 AM
I think Thorton will make a great S someday, maybe even a LB.

Kevin
09-05-2010, 02:47 AM
I think Thorton will make a great S someday, maybe even a LB.

Great job 4m's head just exploded.

Hammersmith
09-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Just to clear something up. 4mcrue posted this just after Jose's endzone interception in the 1st half. Since he's on moderation, nobody bothered to clear it until after the game.

It's stupid now, and it was stupid then.

TbonZach
09-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Gee, we win the biggest game since Minnesota and you want to pull Jose. I hate to think what would have happened had we lost? Have Jose shot at sunrise?

On to UNI and another Mohler victory next week.

The Bison don't believe in Mohler victories.

Instant rimshot (http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot)

sway1331
09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Aside from the pick in the endzone, I think Jose did exactly what coaches asked of him. He held on to the ball, for the most part hit his receivers (in stride) and controlled the huddle & tempo of the game.

He along with the rest of the offense will improve as the season goes on and the coaches open up the playbook.

fargocyclone
09-05-2010, 02:58 AM
You gotta love this guy's ability to move and scramble out of the pocket! It seemed like he was always juking to his cross-arm side though. One of my (converted Bison fan) friends was in awe of how he shouldered into the defense when running the ball! He said "that guy's obviously a new QB cuz there's no way he can do that for too many years!" :nod:

rutlandbison
09-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Nice interception
Are you F**KING serious??

A1pigskin
09-05-2010, 03:06 AM
The interception brought back some nighmares. I hope this was just due to first game jitters.

tjbison
09-05-2010, 03:46 AM
If this guy is on moderation why even allow this trash to belittle this site?? Dumb and it makes the good posters look bad. I'm not a big fan of moderation but something like this needs it. I would hope if I had (assuming) drunken post of non sense they would take them down.

ndsubison1
09-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Nice interception

settle down my god. Did you forget that Bison won? lol

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Nice interception

Really????

Not yet.......Lets see how the season goes.

CaBisonFan
09-05-2010, 03:54 AM

I agree. When I am able to predict most of the plays...there's a problem.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2010, 04:01 AM
i officially dont like 4m

bisonbills
09-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Christ on a pony. We just went to a Big 12 school and brought it. What a bunch of shit.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-05-2010, 04:08 AM
i officially dont like 4m

He's just like all the other fans who fall in love with a particular player.

Remember all the NW Minn. fans who had a man crush on Merten's?

As for me, I love the players who make plays, nomatter where they are from.

ndsubison1
09-05-2010, 04:34 AM
titus mack. preston evans. ryan jastraw. daniel eaves, the rest of the defense all stepped up tonight

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2010, 04:45 AM
titus mack. preston evans. ryan jastraw. daniel eaves, the rest of the defense all stepped up tonight

I thought McNorton made some nice runs, and looked real good up until Kansas started stacking the box making it next to impossible for him.

4mcruenomore
09-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Sorry, I was a little panicky at this time I made this thread. Good win, and Mohler did what he had to do, what can I say.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the red dot 4m, much appreciated.....why don't you think things through. If Mohler's not getting it done and he was battling with the #1 spot with Jensen wouldn't he be put in? Probably, why put in Esley right now I have nothing against him its just not his time man. Why can't you ever give respect to any other player on the Bison team. You ripped the Bison for getting Ryan Smith and he's even from ND, but he's not from Western ND so he's terrible I guess. Why are some Western ND people like this, I have relatives that are the same way that Western ND > Eastern ND I just don't get it. Reason why you annoy me man is you never talk anyone else up but Esley, what do you have against every player on the Bison but Esley??? If that's the case why are you a fan of NDSU???

NDSUFan_Sav
09-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh btw, I got more green dots for my comments then your 1 red dot I think that's saying something :D

DjKyRo
09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
This, combined with 4m's post on the Sioux board (which included a "Go Sioux!") has convinced me that 4mcrue has officially gone batshit insane. I wondered how far he could be pushed. :D

(jk...mostly)

semobison
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Being a western North dakotan myself, I used to have a little sympathy for 4m, but sadly, he has now gone off the deep end!

OldBison
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Eaves definitely has stepped up his game compared to last year, and he made a big hit that saved the day. But, but, he was out of position on a lot of other plays. :banghead:

However, on the positive side he is much improved. I am sure Ward will work with him on that when they go over the film.

unbison
09-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok ok......mohler had a very below average day I agree......I just didn't think watching the game is acts like a leader in the huddle......hopefully that will improve... lets go Brock!

bisonmike2
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I thought McNorton made some nice runs, and looked real good up until Kansas started stacking the box making it next to impossible for him.

I thought so too. McNorton of past years was very hesitant. He'd get in the hole, then stutter step and then just get tackled. McNorton in Kansas was crisp. Quick to the hole then one cut and forward. Great improvement.

Bison"FANatic"
09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
It wasn't the same running back we saw a few years ago. McNorton has learned and developed so much in the last 3 years. He didn't dance much at all and only did it a few times and just about broke the defenders ankle the one time

DORMIE
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I heard yesterday that Thornton will be a QB. I guess they are working on his delivery as he kind of slings it side arm and they want to get it up more.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
i personally think this thread needs to go to the hall of shame its not thortons time why not say jensen or perez but hate to say it this isnt thortons timee

Wally
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
i personally think this thread needs to go to the hall of shame its not thortons time why not say jensen or perez but hate to say it this isnt thortons timee

I 2nd that....really tired of just looking at the heading

56BISON73
09-06-2010, 06:47 PM
It wasn't the same running back we saw a few years ago. McNorton has learned and developed so much in the last 3 years. He didn't dance much at all and only did it a few times and just about broke the defenders ankle the one time

I agree. He made moves when they were appropriate instead of the continual chuck and jive. He also hit the hole with purpose. I was pleasantly surprised!!!!

56BISON73
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I heard yesterday that Thornton will be a QB. I guess they are working on his delivery as he kind of slings it side arm and they want to get it up more.

What??? Thorton has a flaw??? OMG Obviously the coaching staff needs to consult with 4m as they are seeing something that just ISNT there. :D