PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Twin Cities Metro game viewing

GRAFTONBISON
09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
We will be in the Twin Cities this weekend and would like to get together w/ some friends to watch the game at an establishment somewhere in the Northwest Metro area. Anybody from that area know where the game may be on or has had Bison games on in the past? I thought our friends were going to call a Joe Sensor's in Plymouth (if there is such a place)?

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

bisonmike2
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
We will be in the Twin Cities this weekend and would like to get together w/ some friends to watch the game at an establishment somewhere in the Northwest Metro area. Anybody from that area know where the game may be on or has had Bison games on in the past? I thought our friends were going to call a Joe Sensor's in Plymouth (if there is such a place)?

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I wish I knew I was going to be around this weekend. I live in the northeast area. There is a Joe Sensor's in Plymouth off of hwy 55, but there are some good places in Maple Grove. If you can get there early enough, Granite City but on a Saturday night that place gets packed. But Boston's is also a pretty good place and not nearly as busy. It's right by the Granite City. There also Dave & Busters, but again, that gets extremely packed on the weekends. But who knows, it's labor day weekend and the fair is going on, it might not be too bad.

gotts
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Dick's Bar, downtown Osseo :D

GRAFTONBISON
09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks.

I am familiar w/ those places, but didn't know if they would be willing to put a NDSU game on or if they had any history showing NDSU games.

We will be staying in Brooklyn Park and meeting some friends from Rogers. Maple Grove would be a good place to meet.

Anybody else have any expertise in that area of the Twin Cities?

bisonmike2
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks.

I am familiar w/ those places, but didn't know if they would be willing to put a NDSU game on or if they had any history showing NDSU games.

We will be staying in Brooklyn Park and meeting some friends from Rogers. Maple Grove would be a good place to meet.

Anybody else have any expertise in that area of the Twin Cities?

Go to my neck of the woods in Albertville. D Michael B's will put any game on and they have a great selection of beers and their food rocks. Also, Space Aliens bar area is seldom busy and they'll also put any game up on their large projection TV is you ask them.

lakesbison
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Fridays In Maple Grove

Ask For Dana Short Dark Hair Tattoed Hot Bartender.

She Worked In Fargo Tgif's. She Could Get It On For You.

Anywhere You Go, Just Say Ch 623 Direct Tv.

BadlandsBison
09-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Go to my neck of the woods in Albertville. D Michael B's will put any game on and they have a great selection of beers and their food rocks. Also, Space Aliens bar area is seldom busy and they'll also put any game up on their large projection TV is you ask them.

By the way dude, your avatar is hella funny. It needed to be said.

bisonmike2
09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
By the way dude, your avatar is hella funny. It needed to be said.

Thanks. Not sure if it was big enough that people could tell whose face is on all the Wizard of Oz characters.

KilldeerBison
09-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks. Not sure if it was big enough that people could tell whose face is on all the Wizard of Oz characters.

Dorothy = Capt'n Cat?

bisonmike2
09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Dorothy = Capt'n Cat?

No, everybody in that pic is Gary Busey. But Capt'n Cat could almost double for him. Judging by his post on bisonville we know he's just as crazy as Busey.

Gully
09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Sensor's in Plymouth has put on Bison games before and I'm sure you could at least get it on a couple of TVs if you're there early enough.

tcbison
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Sensor's in Plymouth has put on Bison games before and I'm sure you could at least get it on a couple of TVs if you're there early enough.

Yeah, that is where we saw NDSU beat Oral Roberts in basketball that one year. Gully are you going to the game?

aces1180
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll be in Maplewood/Little Canada for the weekend, but I would possibly be up for a small commute to watch the game. Anywhere is the metro area could work for me.

tcbison
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I'll be in Maplewood/Little Canada for the weekend, but I would possibly be up for a small commute to watch the game. Anywhere is the metro area could work for me.

The Roseville Sensor's could be a good location. Let me check around and get back to you.

aces1180
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
The Roseville Sensor's could be a good location. Let me check around and get back to you.

That's right down 36, right? I know there is also a Champs close by too.

lakesbison
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Sensor's in bloomington off 494 and france will ALWAYS put the NDSU games on if you ask.

Wally
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I just talked to some manager chick from Senser's in Bloomington and she said they will have the game on if it is not "blacked out". I don't know what this chick is talking about really. I don't know how it could be "blacked out". Expected a little more solid information from Senser's I guess. They've usually been good about getting NDSU games on, but she really hedged that they would show it.

Also talked to a manager at Senser's Plymouth and she said she was going to get back to me to see if it would be on there. They had they game on their master list, but it had a "?" beside it and she was going to get back to me

I think I could break into Ft. Know easier than trying to get an answer on this:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lakesbison
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
tell them direct tv channel 623 (the chick at bloomington just said "blackedout" becuz the gophers get blocked out alot)

Capn_Cat
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Can I go, I'm just south of St. Paul?

aces1180
09-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Can I go, I'm just south of St. Paul?

Sure! I think we decided on meeting at the Minneapolis Eagle...It's just down the road from the Metrodome on Washington Ave. Be there at 5pm and don't forget to wear your UNI gear, as you will fit right in! If that is too busy, we'll be heading over the Saloon Fire Bar. You'll have lots of friends there too!

EndZoneQB
09-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Capn Cat is a good "cat" in person. Had a fun time with him last year tailgating.

fargocyclone
09-02-2010, 11:43 PM

I could almost walk there! I'd be in for joining people anywhere in the north metro though.

Wally
09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Basically what I've heard from the Senser's folks is they won't know if they are getting the game until 15-20 minutes before game time. Like has been said in other threads, it shows up on 623, but they just don't know if it will available. My guess is that it will be broadcast and then each location can put it on if they want. Nebraska is playing at the same time on Sat and I know Nebraska fans flock to Sensers on gamedays so there will be competition for seating, TVs showing our game and which game audio is played in the bar.

Gully
09-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, that is where we saw NDSU beat Oral Roberts in basketball that one year. Gully are you going to the game?

Sorry, just saw this. yes, leaving Maple Grove around 8 AM and meeting the OTP tailgating bus in Sioux Falls. Wanna go?

Capn_Cat
09-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Basically what I've heard from the Senser's folks is they won't know if they are getting the game until 15-20 minutes before game time. Like has been said in other threads, it shows up on 623, but they just don't know if it will available. My guess is that it will be broadcast and then each location can put it on if they want. Nebraska is playing at the same time on Sat and I know Nebraska fans flock to Sensers on gamedays so there will be competition for seating, TVs showing our game and which game audio is played in the bar.

Yeah, but they got a thousand TV's. They'll show the game. NDSU has a large presence in the TC and, if you show up with fat wallets, they'll blow you AND show the game.

Hammersmith
09-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Yeah, but they got a thousand TV's. They'll show the game. NDSU has a large presence in the TC and, if you show up with fat wallets, they'll blow you AND show the game.

ROAD TRIP!!*

*as long as it's bartender chick lakes was talking about

lakesbison
09-03-2010, 02:47 AM
I got some people going to SENSERS BLOOMINGTON>

they will HAVE the bison game on. no doubt, they have the sports package.

ch 623. itll be there.

Capn_Cat
09-03-2010, 02:57 AM
I got some people going to SENSERS BLOOMINGTON>

they will HAVE the bison game on. no doubt, they have the sports package.

ch 623. itll be there.

I'm going. Only about 25 minutes from The Cap'n. If you want to meet the brilliant big Cat, you'll be there, too. Bring hot wives, girlfriends and daughters (over 14, please).

When is kickoff?

lakesbison
09-03-2010, 03:05 AM
6pm EVERYONE GOTO BLOOMINGTON SENSORS.

have a drink for me.

Wally
09-03-2010, 03:07 AM
6pm EVERYONE GOTO BLOOMINGTON SENSORS.

have a drink for me.

Going to the Twins/Rangers at 3, so hope they can blow someone out for a change so we can bust out a bit early

bisonmike2
09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
So the NW viewing party just got moved to Bloomington Sensors?

aces1180
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
What happened to Sensors in Roseville?

Wally
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't believe anything was officially moved or one place was decided over another. Since there is no "official" viewing party location, it is up in the air on where the masses want to go.

lakesbison
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
You guys take Sensers roseville. EP, Tyler Henry's dad, CAPPY and my buddy mark myers and 4 people will be at Sensers bloomington.

Capn_Cat
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Fvck, it's gonna take some azzhole from another school to make a decision for you boneheads. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

That azzhole is me. Sensers-Bloomington. End of conversation. Be there.

:blush:

bisonmike2
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Fvck, it's gonna take some azzhole from another school to make a decision for you boneheads. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

With your take charge attitude and no nonsense decision making you'd be a great football coach. Ever thought about attaching yourself to a real program? You should apply for a job on the Bison staff.

aces1180
09-03-2010, 04:37 PM

I told you..Minneapolis Eagle.

tcbison
09-03-2010, 05:41 PM
What happened to Sensors in Roseville?

I haven't called them. It has been very busy at work the last two days. Right now I plan on watching the game with my family and friends instead of going out to Sensors.

norm4life
09-03-2010, 07:10 PM
+1 Sensers Bloomington.

FarSouth Bison
09-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Do you think Sensor's on France and American blv will have it?

bisonmike2
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Do you think Sensor's on France and American blv will have it?

That's the Bloomington Sensors they are talking about. And they should have it.

fargocyclone
09-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Did we ever decided on a place in this area to meet up and watch the game??

fargocyclone
09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
I was at the Roseville Senser's. Was anyone here one of the other 4 people there? And did you despise the Nebraskans as much as I did?? :)

Wally
09-05-2010, 02:57 AM
I was at Bloomington Sensers and they were obnoxious....they were just ripping ndsu/bohl/kansas....frickin everyone....i heard some nasty, nasty things said about bohl and turner gill...classless fools....never really cared either way about them, but now lost a TON of respect for them.....you would have thought they beat Ohio St, Florida, etc tonight when they were beating western kentucky

Wally
09-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Bloomington was frickin packed btw

fargocyclone
09-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I was at Bloomington Sensers and they were obnoxious....they were just ripping ndsu/bohl/kansas....frickin everyone....i heard some nasty, nasty things said about bohl and turner gill...classless fools....never really cared either way about them, but now lost a TON of respect for them.....you would have thought they beat Ohio St, Florida, etc tonight when they were beating western kentucky

NE fans going wild for their 49th point over WKU like they just won the title game... :smh:

aces1180
09-05-2010, 03:06 AM
I ended up staying at the in-laws and watching...Sounds like it was a wise decision.