PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read on the Big Ten and Nebraska

56BISON73
08-31-2010, 04:04 AM
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100830/BIGRED/708309872#the-big-ten-decision

There are many requirements that conferences have for new members. Its not all about money and athletics.

OrygunBison
08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Great article. Thanks for posting.

The article does a few things to make me feel better about NU joining the Big 10. I am a huge follower of the Big 10 and have attended many conference football games over the years, particularly in Ann Arbor. (Even though I am a very big Ducks fan, I am a bigger Wolverines fan.) I have been pretty uneasy about admitting NU because of a seeming lack of compatibility on many fronts. It looks to me from the article that on closer inspection, this isn't so much the case and that NU looks to this affiliation to up the ante on NU academics. Hopefully, this will be a good fit.

56BISON73
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Great article. Thanks for posting.

The article does a few things to make me feel better about NU joining the Big 10. I am a huge follower of the Big 10 and have attended many conference football games over the years, particularly in Ann Arbor. (Even though I am a very big Ducks fan, I am a bigger Wolverines fan.) I have been pretty uneasy about admitting NU because of a seeming lack of compatibility on many fronts. It looks to me from the article that on closer inspection, this isn't so much the case and that NU looks to this affiliation to up the ante on NU academics. Hopefully, this will be a good fit.

I had alot of reservations about it also. But after reading the article I was pretty impressed with NB. They bring alot to the table.