PDA

View Full Version : KFAN/KFGO Football Coverage

The Lost Dutchman
08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Matt Anderson is going to be on with Hammer sometime in the first 10 to 15 minutes of the 12:00 hour just talking about his injury and everything he has been through.

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Matt Anderson is going to be on with Hammer sometime in the first 10 to 15 minutes of the 12:00 hour just talking about his injury and everything he has been through.

Excellent. perhaps now we can finally learn which of Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs is his favorite. if we're lucky, perhaps hammer will ask him to describe his favorite episode of iCarly as well.

seriously though thanks for the info puffy.

Bison"FANatic"
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM

What is the over under on how far into the interview it will get before Hammer brings up UND????????

I look forward to hearing what Matt has to say though and I am happy you guys are doing the interview.

aces1180
08-25-2010, 01:45 PM
What is the over under on how far into the interview it will get before Hammer brings up UND????????

I look forward to hearing what Matt has to say though and I am happy you guys are doing the interview.

<10 minutes.

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
<10 minutes.

I'll see your <10 minutes and raise you to <2 minutes.

And I would really love to see him answer "Who?"

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll see your <10 minutes and raise you to <2 minutes.

And I would really love to see him answer "Who?"
Followed by, "Don't they play in the NSIC?"

aces1180
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Followed by, "Don't they play in the DAC 4?"

FIFY........

GradBison
08-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Wow nice hate session by Hammer...

He should just move to Grand Forks.

HandoEX
08-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow nice hate session by Hammer...

He should just move to Grand Forks.

What happened?

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, tell us...not that it will surprise us much. Just have to find out who won the bet for the time it took to mention teh firetrucks.

GradBison
08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
What happened?

He started by pointing out how many freshmen are on the 2-deep, played a "we're in trouble" soundbite. Then went on and on about Kolpack's question to Bohl regarding that in the press conference, and how preposterous Bohl's statement about "top teams in MVFC being able to play with middle of the pack Big 10 and Big 12. Went into record of MVFC vs. B-10 & B-12.

The way he said things was just venomous. And woo for us, as Hammer thinks we'll struggle this season.

Bison"FANatic"
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
He started by pointing out how many freshmen are on the 2-deep, played a "we're in trouble" soundbite. Then went on and on about Kolpack's question to Bohl regarding that in the press conference, and how preposterous Bohl's statement about "top teams in MVFC being able to play with middle of the pack Big 10 and Big 12. Went into record of MVFC vs. B-10 & B-12.

The way he said things was just venomous. And woo for us, as Hammer thinks we'll struggle this season.

The interview was done well. I will give them props for that.

Then I left and came back and heard the radio rant going on. He sure was going off. He was talking W/L but dismissed games where the MVFC played with a Big 10/12 team. (Northern Iowa vs. Iowa last year). Interesting very interesting.

GradBison
08-25-2010, 06:11 PM
The interview was done well. I will give them props for that.

Then I left and came back and heard the radio rant going on. He sure was going off. He was talking W/L but dismissed games where the MVFC played with a Big 10/12 team. (Northern Iowa vs. Iowa last year). Interesting very interesting.

I didn't actually catch the interview, tuned in just in time for the hate session though.

tony
08-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I didn't actually catch the interview, tuned in just in time for the hate session though.

Same here - missed the good part and only caught Hammer's hating. Hammer is obviously very uncomfortable being on NDSU's flagship radio station. :)

HandoEX
08-25-2010, 06:41 PM
This is why I never listen to his show. IMO, all NDSU fans should boycott his show until he shows the Bison some respect.

ndsubison1
08-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Then why is everyone talking about Smith and not Sigers. While both will be returning kickoffs I assume, why is Smith returning punts and not Sigers. Aparently the coaches don't agree with you.

:rolleyes: Because Sigers will see PT at RB. With his injury from last season I think they would want to limit his reps a bit. Plus, as Kermit said I'm sure Smith has better hands

EndZoneQB
08-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Puffy, Do you EVER say anything to Hammer about his shit storms on UND? I hear him being a douchebag all the time(I wish Miller was back on there, Hammer was relatively reserved then) but no one ever says anything to him about it. Callers, no one. Instead of boycotting his show, we need to start calling in when he talks shit about NDSU....shut him up for a little bit. People are still going to listen for class B basketball talk(:rolleyes:) etc so boycotting is stupid. We need to overrun his phone lines.

lakesbison
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
no, Ive never called in and I have never heard a bisonviller call in, so keep it that way.

The admin knows the truth over there (joel hietkemp is only reason he is there, and he's in sales, so they dont have to pay him an on-air salary)

Scooter1
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Puffy, Do you EVER say anything to Hammer?

I have to ask this one question. If indeed, Dan Hammer is paid by the advertising department and NDSU is in effect one of their clients, why on God's green earth does the management put up with his constant slamming of a client ON THE AIR? Shit like that should get you fired.

But, what do you expect from a guy who was named after a TOOL.

johnson
08-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Hammer dancing after the Bison beat the Gophers? I've heard about the incident but didn't find out if there were any pictures.

tony
08-25-2010, 09:26 PM
no, Ive never called in and I have never heard a bisonviller call in, so keep it that way.

Well, I sent in an email once when Hammer and Tank were slobbering over UND and ripping on NDSU and they took turns ripping it (in their defense, I think it went waaaay over their heads.)

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Puffy, Do you EVER say anything to Hammer about his shit storms on UND? I hear him being a douchebag all the time(I wish Miller was back on there, Hammer was relatively reserved then) but no one ever says anything to him about it. Callers, no one. Instead of boycotting his show, we need to start calling in when he talks shit about NDSU....shut him up for a little bit. People are still going to listen for class B basketball talk(:rolleyes:) etc so boycotting is stupid. We need to overrun his phone lines.

You forget that he will just hang up the phone and not take your calls. Plus, the more calls he gets the better he will look to the bosses since you'll be responding to his bullshit.

Best thing you can do is to take note of the advertisers on the show and call them out.

DjKyRo
08-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Tatanka is correct - the #1 thing radio stations (or the entertainment industry in general) feed off of is response. Any publicity is good publicity, and if the station gets wind that lots of people are calling in regards to what Hammer says it tells them he's got listeners. Not listening and not calling will hurt his reputation in the eyes of both his supervisors and advertisers, but calling the advertisers and informing them you will not partake of their product/service due to Hammer's anti-Bison stance will tighten up their wallets/scrotums in a hurry.

tony
08-25-2010, 09:41 PM
First, thanks to Puffy for letting us know when to get Bison stuff from 740.
------
Back to scumming Hammer...

I can't help but wonder if, in all his years of broadcasting, Hammer has ripped on any UND coach like he ripped on Bohl today.

In most media markets, personalities on college's flagship radio station* spend less time trying to alienate that college's fanbase.

* Granted 740 is not the flagship but KFGO/KFAN are pretty closely intertwined.

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
------

I can't help but wonder if, in all his years of broadcasting, Hammer has ripped on any UND coach like he ripped on Bohl today.

In most media markets, personalities on college's flagship radio station* spend less time trying to alienate that college's fanbase.

Hard to do when you're playing dodgeball.

DjKyRo
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
------

Tony, if I could rep you fifty times I would. POTFW. I mean shoot, imagine if a guy in Columbus Ohio went on the radio and started talking up Michigan while bashing Ohio State - there'd be a lynch mob at the station within fifteen minutes.

BisoninNWMN
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Hammer had a good interview with Matt.

The only problem was his excess on Bohl's point about answering Kolpack's question on using true freshman. Bohl is right in that the better MV teams could compete with the bottom tier of the Big 10 or 12....he might be stretching it some with competing against the middle tier. But Hammer drags it out just like his interview with Jose and all he talked about was frickin sharks with him.....:banghead: :banghead:

Hammer is a pro-UND stooge and if you listen to him knowing this then it is bearable.

But I do wonder why KFGO permits him to continually give anti-NDSU overtones in all his segments, considering the Bison are the staple of KFGO now.....:confused: :confused:

Is he still calling UND games this fall??

lakesbison
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Johnson---Does anyone have a picture of Hammer dancing after the Bison beat the Gophers? I've heard about the incident but didn't find out if there were any pictures.

#1 that was JOEL HEITKAMP dancing at Bootlegger's after the 2007 BISON win, he was wearing a bison sweater with his wife, good stuff, I like to rib him for it!

#2 Dan Hammer (according to a some other poster on this board who was threatened with a lawsuit over it, ha ha ha )was Scalping the NDSU-KANSAS tickets at the dome in 2009.

so.. Props to Joel even though I dont agree on a lot of stuff with him. Hammer is not even worth wasting your breath on.

Dont Rip on the advertising Ballard's does too much, they are ONLY on 740 because of the KFAN connection with PAUL ALLEN. Plus Keith Ballard was the BOMB dot COM for the Gopher Hockey team.

GradBison
08-25-2010, 09:59 PM
------

It really was nasty today.

If I were Bohl I'd refuse to be interviewed by Hammer or have anything to do with him.

BisoninNWMN
08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
On WDAY, the sports talk hour (1-2), they had the Kansas SID on. Sounds like Kansas is taking the Bison pretty lightly. He was saying if they can come out of their nonconference schedule 3-1 or 2-2 then they will be doing good. They are ramping up for Georgia Tech when they come in after the Bison.......if there is a time to catch the Jayhawks it would be when the Bison play them.

GO BISON

tony
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Hehe, ripping on Hammer is kind of fun. I'll give him some credit: You have to appreciate the research effort he put in to proving his points about Bohl's comments.

Also, I grant him the first Official Bisonville Golf Clap For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Bison-Hating Douchebaggery for saying that NDSU's games against the Gophers can't even be considered as a defense of Bohl's comments because NDSU wasn't in the MVFC at the time. (golf clap*)

Maybe if Bohl had said that the Great West's best teams match up well with the middle of the pack teams in the Big 10, then Hammer wouldn't have gotten so offended... :)

* For KU fans who want to play along at home, to give an Official Bisonville Golf Clap For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Bison-Hating Douchebaggery, you:

<golf clap> <pause> <golf clap> <pause> <golf clap> <pause> <golf clap> while slowly shaking your head (side to side, not up and down) and saying, "You, sir, are a douchebag."

GradBison
08-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Hehe, ripping on Hammer is kind of fun. I'll give him some credit: You have to appreciate the research effort he put in to proving his points about Bohl's comments.

Also, I grant him the first Official Bisonville Golf Clap For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Bison-Hating Douchebaggery for saying that NDSU's games against the Gophers can't even be considered as a defense of Bohl's comments because NDSU wasn't in the MVFC at the time. (golf clap)

Maybe if Bohl had said that the Great West's best teams match up well with the middle of the pack teams in the Big 10, then Hammer wouldn't have gotten so offended... :)

Somebody please rep this man! Thank you. :)

MNLonghorn10
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Also, I grant him the first Official Bisonville Golf Clap For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Bison-Hating Douchebaggery for saying that NDSU's games against the Gophers can't even be considered as a defense of Bohl's comments because NDSU wasn't in the MVFC at the time. (golf clap*)

* for KU fans who want to play along at home, to give an Official Bisonville Golf Clap For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Bison-Hating Douchebaggery, it's golf clap 2-beat pause golf-clap two-beat pause clap while slowly shaking your head (side to side, not up and down) and saying, "You, sir, are a douchebag."
rest, 1, rest, 1, rest, 1, rest, 1-2, rest, tilt, rest, 1-2-3-4

NDSUstudent
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Why can't we have somebody like PA host a radio show in this town. Somebody who lives, eats, and breathes Bison football.

Hammer had a nice interview with Matt and then he just went off on some stupid tangent about Bohl. The crap he spewed didn't even make sense, he talked about the record the entire conference had against the Big 10 and Big 12. Which included elite Big 10 teams as well as the mid to lower tier MVC schools.

Bohl was talking about the valley elite vs the middle of those conferences.

lakesbison
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
LAKESBISON is available, but they wont pay me what Im worth.

Hammer is paid exactly whats he's worth. N O T H I N G .

tony- love the clap sequence, haha.

EndZoneQB
08-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Why can't we have somebody like PA host a radio show in this town. Somebody who lives, eats, and breathes Bison football.

I have a feeling(maybe hope??) that once the Redhawks are done screwing up the REAL KFAN schedule during the days, Miller will be back with Hammer. Things quiet down then for sure. Miller just isn't aggressive, but Hammer holds his tongue...the show is ok with Miller on it.

It really was nasty today.

If I were Bohl I'd refuse to be interviewed by Hammer or have anything to do with him.

You obviously didn't hear the last interview with Bohl...he pretty much spoke right through Hammer's questions then abruptly said "Well, I gotta run, bye" and that was it...literally like 3-4mins.

ndsubison1
08-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Does anyone have a picture of Hammer dancing after the Bison beat the Gophers? I've heard about the incident but didn't find out if there were any pictures.

i've heard stories about hammer saying how UND could have beaten the Gophers that year too

ndsubison1
08-26-2010, 03:06 AM

Hammer had a nice interview with Matt and then he just went off on some stupid tangent about Bohl. The crap he spewed didn't even make sense, he talked about the record the entire conference had against the Big 10 and Big 12. Which included elite Big 10 teams as well as the mid to lower tier MVC schools.

Bohl was talking about the valley elite vs the middle of those conferences.

Illinois St. vs. Northwestern. SIU vs. Illinois. I guess we will find out soon :D

I think Hammer kind of took the comment a little too seriously. I dont think the top of the MVC could compete with the middle of the Big 12/10 but they def. could play with and even beat the bottom dwellars. All in all I dont think it's that big of a deal and Hammer was just trying to get some discussion on what he thought about it. I'll have to listen to the podcast though.

johnson
08-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Illinois St. vs. Northwestern. SIU vs. Illinois. I guess we will find out soon :D

I think Hammer kind of took the comment a little too seriously. I dont think the top of the MVC could compete with the middle of the Big 12/10 but they def. could play with and even beat the bottom dwellars. All in all I dont think it's that big of a deal and Hammer was just trying to get some discussion on what he thought about it. I'll have to listen to the podcast though.
The man had a definite smart ass tone in his voice today. He just has no brains. I think he would fit in really well at KJ108 in GF.

skolbrother
08-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Hammer is the prime example of media bias that pretends they have no bias. He proclaims he supports both universities... horsesh!t! He rips NDSU every chance he gets and will almost never rip UND. I dont care if you praise or rip but if you proclaim to be unbiased then do it in equal fashion. I simply do not listen to him, he truly bores me!

P.S.- Tank is a total Douche!

lakesbison
08-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Tank at least admits he's a douche and he's on rock 102 now, so I can even respect him.

but you are 100000% right, if you think for 1 sec that hammer, joel, mcfooly are going to be PRO-NDSU, let alone 25% pro-ndsu, then your a complete and utter moron.

tony
08-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, ripping on Hammer is fun but you can go to the link below to find the interview with Matt Anderson.

http://www.740thefan.com/740-the-fan-podcast.php

Too bad there isn't a link to Hammer's award-winning segment on Bohl's offhanded comment during the two-deep roster press conference. :)

Bison"FANatic"
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
A question about KFGO. I guess this would be for Puffy? I know you can listen online but not at night. Will you be able to listen to the football games online on KFGO.com or will they not be broadcast over the internet from there and only on gobison?

HandoEX
08-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, Hammer wins. He gets to rip on NDSU and more people listen to hear what this "douchebaggery" is all about. Win/win for Danny Boy.

tony
08-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, Hammer wins. He gets to rip on NDSU and more people listen to hear what this "douchebaggery" is all about. Win/win for Danny Boy.

Well, I think you have to reward the good stuff. The Anderson interview is the good stuff. Moreover, I was interested in what Anderson had to say and not listening to it just because Hammer was doing the interview instead of Scottie Miller would mean that the terrorists have won. :)

That said, maybe we can get the best of both worlds.

It doesn't take more than one Bisonviller to listen to Hammer. A brief recap and then we can all enjoy mocking him when he's a douchebag without rewarding his numbers or his advertisers.

On the flip side, if he does put on a decent segment, then I think his numbers and sponsors should be rewarded.

The Lost Dutchman
08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
A question about KFGO. I guess this would be for Puffy? I know you can listen online but not at night. Will you be able to listen to the football games online on KFGO.com or will they not be broadcast over the internet from there and only on gobison?

They have to black them out because of the feed from gobison. They are having a Bison tailgate show a half hour before the pregame show starts as well as an hour long show called Bison Rewind after the post game. Broadcasts should sound outstanding, lots of new elements going to be in play.

DjKyRo
08-26-2010, 03:59 PM
They have to black them out because of the feed from gobison. They are having a Bison tailgate show a half hour before the pregame show starts as well as an hour long show called Bison Rewind after the post game. Broadcasts should sound outstanding, lots of new elements going to be in play.

Very awesome to hear Puffster! Thanks for the updates!

SDbison
08-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Hammer Sucks!

tjbison
08-26-2010, 04:18 PM
KFGO is putting alot into these broadcasts and even though Joel, Hammer etc.. are Pro-UND you gotta give them credit with the advertisements, Joel playing "Thunderstruck" on his show getting everyone ready etc... they are WAY WAY ahead of anything WDAY did. IMO:hide:

Thunder_Struck
08-26-2010, 04:24 PM
One thing WDAY did a few years ago that I liked was the Friday morning (7:20am) interviews Scott did with Coach Bohl reguarding the next days game. Hopefully KFGO can do something like this as well.

tony
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
KFGO is putting alot into these broadcasts and even though Joel, Hammer etc.. are Pro-UND you gotta give them credit with the advertisements, Joel playing "Thunderstruck" on his show getting everyone ready etc... they are WAY WAY ahead of anything WDAY did. IMO:hide:

Well, it doesn't make much to top the truly pathetic efforts that WDAY put forth when they had the Bison contract - based on how quickly I turn of their sports show each day, I'd say they are making much more of an effort for UND.

I've got high hopes for the radio broadcasts - but that's not really where the big improvement needs to be (IMO.)

740 the Fan is absolutely unrecognizable as being a Bison station - and KFGO? Yeah, if I paid for Cornhusker ads on there, I'm sure they'd play them too. Is there one dang show on there worth listening to from a Bison fan's perspective?

Facts
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I gotta chime in on this one...

I agree with the Anti-hammer sentiment completely with one exception... I think hammer's show is actually decent when he talks about regional hunting and fishing. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about.

How KFGO doesn't see his UND football job a conflict of interest with their stations local sports mission (NDSU), I will never understand.

tjbison
08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I gotta chime in on this one...

I agree with the Anti-hammer sentiment completely with one exception... I think hammer's show is actually decent when he talks about regional hunting and fishing. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about. Otherwise... listen to PA's show and you'll know what hammer will be talking about.

How KFGO doesn't see his UND football job a conflict of interest with their stations local sports mission (NDSU), I will never understand.

True, I'm so sick of listening to the Fan and hearing non-stop Vikings talk. Hammer should be FORCED to talk about LOCAL High School, College and Semi-pro stuff. we get 3 hours of PA jamming Viking crap down our throat then HAmmer comes on and guess what VIKINGS it gets old. Hammer keep it local there are LOTS of stories he could be following and guest he could have on right here in town. thats my rant

MNLonghorn10
08-26-2010, 05:16 PM
True, I'm so sick of listening to the Fan and hearing non-stop Vikings talk. Hammer should be FORCED to talk about LOCAL High School, College and Semi-pro stuff. we get 3 hours of PA jamming Viking crap down our throat then HAmmer comes on and guess what VIKINGS it gets old. Hammer keep it local there are LOTS of stories he could be following and guest he could have on right here in town. thats my rant
vikings talk is the best time of the year, cheesehead.

id rather listen to traffic updates in seattle on xm than listen to n.d. high school football talk, being only 2 teams matter.

Notorious
08-26-2010, 05:19 PM

id rather traffic updates in seattle on xm than listen to n.d. high school football talk, being only 2 teams matter.

Here we go again...

Cue "4mcrue"......

DjKyRo
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
FWIW I'm totally alright with PA's Vikings talk - NFL season is two weeks away and we're Super Bowl contenders, enough said. HAmmer definitely needs a reality check/smack in the mouth though.

SDbison
08-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, but HAMMER STILL SUCKS!

tjbison
08-26-2010, 06:37 PM

id rather listen to traffic updates in seattle on xm than listen to n.d. high school football talk, being only 2 teams matter.

You obviously didn't comprehend the post!

I'm fine with KFAN doing the Viking thing but Hammers sole purpose for having a show is LOCAL get it. Vikings are not local. BTW I'm not packer fan

johnson
08-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I listend to his show again today to get an idea who was advertising. Only local businesses were Gateway Chevrolet and Hooligans. They actually had to run the Gateway commercial twice during the same commercial break with Hooligans in between. Everything else was from the Twin Cities and Tank reporting live from Stop N Go. :p

lakesbison
08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
All Traded Out.

SDbison
08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Not to use politics as an example, but having Hammer represent NDSU on the radio is like Sarah Palin speaking on behalf of the Democrats for the Nov 2010 elections.

TheBisonator
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Seems like every mid-level to high-level college athletic department has at least one talk-show radio homer in its town or city. I sure would like for us to have one.

Scotty is the play-by-play guy. He doesn't count.

onbison09
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Not to use politics as an example, but having Hammer represent NDSU on the radio is like Sarah Palin speaking on behalf of the Democrats for the Nov 2010 elections.

I'll give that a bipartisan endorsement. :D

Mr. Burgundy
08-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Seems like every mid-level to high-level college athletic department has at least one talk-show radio homer in its town or city. I sure would like for us to have one.

Scotty is the play-by-play guy. He doesn't count.

Thank you! Can we get ONE HOMER to be on our side? I am so sick of the negative smack that is on the air. WDAY's hour show at 1PM is UNLISTENABLE. They are by far the worst radio voices you could imagine. Kolpack saves them, and wants the show on a regular basis, but they are trying to tell him to be pro UND and anti Bison. Classy move. He is a terrific Bison supporter and deserves credit for the amount he is "allowed" to cover the Bison in the Fabulous Fargo Forum.

Scotty is going to have a nightly call in show. I so wish we could cancel his job with the Redhawks. I mean, do people listen to the Redhawks instead of the Twins in the summer? Do people really drive around and want to know if we are ahead of the Canaries? Get Scotty away from the Redhawks and give him the noon KFAN show and allow Hammer to do what he loves.

DjKyRo
08-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Anyone else down to pick up a cheap FM transmitter and a white van and just found Bison Pirate Radio?

TbonZach
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Anyone else down to pick up a cheap FM transmitter and a white van and just found Bison Pirate Radio?

Does it have to have windows in the back? And can it have shag carpet? And a sign saying "free candy" on the side?

AEBison1998
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM

It's more like a chicken trying to speak on behalf of Colonel Sanders. (Lets make sure we have proper authority levels established when we make examples like this.)

Tatanka
08-27-2010, 03:19 AM
http://ferdyonfilms.com/Pump%202.jpg

?

Wally
08-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah, but HAMMER STILL SUCKS!

Hammer blows goats, i think both literally and figuratively...btw is dan hammer his real name or is he one of those douches who has to have an alias because he is a "celebrity", because that name really sounds made up

EndZoneQB
08-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Hammer blows goats, i think both literally and figuratively...btw is dan hammer his real name or is he one of those douches who has to have an alias because he is a "celebrity", because that name really sounds made up

I knew a Hammer that went to Moorhead, pretty sure its her uncle(he also lives in Moorhead but doesn't he have younger kids?)

met1990
08-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Thank you! Can we get ONE HOMER to be on our side? I am so sick of the negative smack that is on the air.
Scotty is going to have a nightly call in show. I so wish we could cancel his job with the Redhawks. I mean, do people listen to the Redhawks instead of the Twins in the summer?

As long as that homer isn't as blindly loyal as PA is with the Vikings (or Hammer is with his Sioux), AMEN. When is Scott's call-in show?

Sadly, I do listen to Redhawks games. I also listen to Cobbers games when they aren't the same time as Bison games. I guess I just love sports...(and boobies).

I enjoy Scotty because he isn't a blind homer when calling games. I can't stand when the play-by-play guy uses "we" to describe something. Kind of like, "I can't believe we just lost to the University of Sioux Falls." I mean, that's just gay.

DjKyRo
08-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Couldn't disagree more met, guys like PA are what make me love sports - his fandom for the team brings the experience closer. I was heartbroken when the Vikes lost to New Orleans and hearing PA freak out vindicated that. Absolutely love it.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2010, 02:15 AM

Hey Hammer, MVFC is 1-0 vs the Big 12 this year!!!!!!

A1pigskin
09-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Scott Miller did another steller job announcing.

spelunker64
09-05-2010, 03:26 AM
Anyone else lose good signal coverage towards the end? It sounded pretty bad during the post game show.

KFGO

Wally
09-05-2010, 03:30 AM
I wish they wouldn't black out the post game on my android app. Most postgames are online. 1570 in the cities was really scratchy on the drive home

bisonmike2
09-05-2010, 03:32 AM
I wish they wouldn't black out the post game on my android app. Most postgames are online. 1570 in the cities was really scratchy on the drive home

I had to run to the store quick at 1/2 time. Couldn't even get 1570 tonight. Usually I don't have much of a problem.

Tatanka
09-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey Hammer, MVFC is 1-0 vs the Big 12 this year!!!!!!

I think a call in campaign is in order on Tuesday.

Mr. Burgundy
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Block off your Tuesday noon hour for the Dan Hammer show.

Topics of concern:

Will he apologize to Bohl for his comments in regards to Mo Valley not competing with the Big 12?

Will he admit that our recruiting has been spectactular and there was a reason we played some Freshman, because they are great!

Will he jump on the bandwagon? Or will he pretend like he was already there.

Or, will he start by talking with some fishing guide who like to drop a jig at 19 feet? Probably talk twins and why Punto is a poor bunter or something.

Tatanka
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Block off your Tuesday noon hour for the Dan Hammer show.

Topics of concern:

Will he apologize to Bohl for his comments in regards to Mo Valley not competing with the Big 12?

Will he admit that our recruiting has been spectactular and there was a reason we played some Freshman, because they are great!

Will he jump on the bandwagon? Or will he pretend like he was already there.

Or, will he start by talking with some fishing guide who like to drop a jig at 19 feet? Probably talk twins and why Punto is a poor bunter or something.

(E) None of the above. Clearly he'll be discussing (with guest host PatS weeney) the crazy speed of the _________ and their epic game against the FBS powerhouse Idaho. Guaranteed quote: "A couple of plays here and there and the _________ could have pulled it off".

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I think a call in campaign is in order on Tuesday.

It will be interesting to see how Hammer spins this Bison win.

He'll have fillers with Twins/Vikings to take up time.

Hopefully someone will call him out on his comments about the MV competing with the Big 12.

The Lost Dutchman
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Montage coming tomorrow, probably play it during the coaches show at 6. I'll post it on here as soon as we finish it.

Wally
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Montage coming tomorrow, probably play it during the coaches show at 6. I'll post it on here as soon as we finish it.

Puffy....What are the broadcasting rules regarding post game? Here in the Twin Cities 1570 is brutal at night and I tried to listen to the postgame interviews, etc but it was too scratchy and unlistenable. Went to the droid radio fargo moorhead app, tapped the kfgo icon but it was just playing some music and no postgame. Will the post game always be blacked out so to speak or will that be broadcast in the future using the rfm app?

NDSUstudent
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah I thought the postgame was going to be on KFGO.com. If you guys didn't know gobison pulls the plug on the radio feed pretty quickly after the game ends.

lakesbison
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
My fam at the lake said kfgo powered down at like 8-9 and it sucked. Are you serious????? Kfgo better fix that problem.

99Bison
09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
They can't not reduce the power.... tune into fm102 out of dl, much clearer anyway!

PW Bison
09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
My fam at the lake said kfgo powered down at like 8-9 and it sucked. Are you serious????? Kfgo better fix that problem.

My brother called me from the lakes around 8:30 or 9:00 and said they lost the signal also. He just wanted to get an update. I told him to try AM 550 out of Bismarck as I used to get it when I lived in MN. He tried and was off the phone in seconds and listening to the game again.

aces1180
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Has Hammer once mentioned NDSU football today?

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Hammer who?

(There are some advantages to not living in Fargo; this is one of them....)

freelancer
09-07-2010, 06:05 PM
740 the Fan is absolutely unrecognizable as being a Bison station - and KFGO? Yeah, if I paid for Cornhusker ads on there, I'm sure they'd play them too. Is there one dang show on there worth listening to from a Bison fan's perspective?

Guys, I think we need to give the KFGO pre-game show and call in postgame show a chance. It's pretty much all Bison. What more do you want?

The pre-game show starts 1 hour before the game. The postgame show is an hour long call in show.

Last week the post game show on KFGO got only 4-5 calls from fans. Why not light up their phone lines during that postgame show, and show them that we want MORE BISON. If they are only getting 4-5 calls after a win over Kansas... Is there really that much interest in the Bison? Lets flood them with calls this week.

Bison Dan
09-07-2010, 06:05 PM

I listened on Monday and he was very complimently to NDSU that day. I had to check to see if I was on the right channel. He never mentioned the beat down in Idaho.

aces1180
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I listened on Monday and he was very complimently to NDSU that day. I had to check to see if I was on the right channel. He never mentioned the beat down in Idaho.

Thanks! I was traveling out of the area, so I didn't know he had a live show. Glad to hear.

freelancer
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Guys, I think we need to give the KFGO pre-game show and call in postgame show a chance. It's pretty much all Bison. What more do you want?

The pre-game show starts 1 hour before the game. The postgame show is an hour long call in show.

Last week the post game show on KFGO got only 4-5 calls from fans. Why not light up their phone lines during that postgame show, and show them that we want MORE BISON. If they are only getting 4-5 calls after a win over Kansas... Is there really that much interest in the Bison? Lets flood them with

tjbison
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Last week the post game show on KFGO got only 4-5 calls from fans. Why not light up their phone lines during that postgame show, and show them that we want MORE BISON. If they are only getting 4-5 calls after a win over Kansas... Is there really that much interest in the Bison? Lets flood them with

Agreed, but also the game was a TV game so many didn't listen to the broadcast, also many traveled down or were gone due to Labor Day weekend. It will pick up interest, and I bet next week doubles. BTW I sent in a email comment on the post game show that never got read FYI, but yes they are doing good

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
By the way, you could NOT get the post-game call in show on the KFGO web-stream. That was second rate in my book. Can you get it through NDSU multimedia access? If so, perhaps someone could let you know that!

Wally
09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
By the way, you could NOT get the post-game call in show on the KFGO web-stream. That was second rate in my book. Can you get it through NDSU multimedia access? If so, perhaps someone could let you know that!

That's what bugged me down here in the Twin Cities and which I ranted earlier and asked Puffy about but haven't heard anything on why the post game was blacked out on kfgo.com and the radio fm android app. I tried to listen to 1570 down here but it was unlistenable due to static:banghead: :banghead:

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
That's what bugged me down here in the Twin Cities and which I ranted earlier and asked Puffy about but haven't heard anything on why the post game was blacked out on kfgo.com and the radio fm android app. I tried to listen to 1570 down here but it was unlistenable due to static:banghead: :banghead:

Okay, where are all the NDSU media apologists on this one? Celebrating yet another statewide NBC game. (Please note, last time I checked that is not FSN....glad 600,000 can watch it, but millions others can't....)

I want an explanation on this one. By the way, I take back my second rate comment. It was a third rate move by a second rate media operation.

NDSUstudent
09-08-2010, 01:06 AM
I want to give WDAY some props, they led with NDSU on their radio show, talked with Dom Izzo for a while, and interviewed Troy Goergen about how the game affected NDSU marketing(he said the ticket office has been very busy).

tcbison
09-08-2010, 01:08 AM

You can listen to 1570 on your Droid if you have the latest update and install Flash 10.1.

Wally
09-08-2010, 01:12 AM
You can listen to 1570 on your Droid if you have the latest update and install Flash 10.1.

Still waiting for the froyo upgrade on my x:(

TheBisonator
09-08-2010, 01:15 AM
I want to give WDAY some props, they led with NDSU on their radio show, talked with Dom Izzo for a while, and interviewed Troy Goergen about how the game affected NDSU marketing(he said the ticket office has been very busy).

This better start activating the 10000BisonStrong ticker a little more...

tcbison
09-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Still waiting for the froyo upgrade on my x:(

Okay. I have the Motorola Droid. The 2.2 update I think is overrated, the battery life sucks after 2.2, but the next update allows you to download flash player 10.1 which is quite handy. Not sure when that will be available on the X though.

The Lost Dutchman
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Steve Walker will be joining Ryan Gellner after the game during Bison Rewind Saturday night.

aces1180
09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Steve Walker will be joining Ryan Gellner after the game during Bison Rewind Saturday night.

Any chance it is available streaming on KFGO.com?

WYOBISONMAN
09-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Wow....I would love to hear that online!

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow....I would love to hear that online!

Agreed, and no one has answered why we can't stream this. Yet another example of the massive media failure that is NDSU.

tjbison
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Agreed, and no one has answered why we can't stream this. Yet another example of the massive media failure that is NDSU.

I thought the post game was available on gobison.com and that is why it is blacked out on KFGO.com. My understanding as long as Go Bison carries the online feed they couldn't out it on KFGO.com?

Puffy could probably answer that:confused:

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I thought the post game was available on gobison.com and that is why it is blacked out on KFGO.com. My understanding as long as Go Bison carries the online feed they couldn't out it on KFGO.com?

Puffy could probably answer that:confused:

I tried that, paid my money, and for the life of me could not find it. I guess it fits with the NDSU mantra of if you are not in Fargo, they don't really care about you.

tjbison
09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I tried that, paid my money, and for the life of me could not find it. I guess it fits with the NDSU mantra of if you are not in Fargo, they don't really care about you.

Hmm, thats strange It has to be available somewhere, did they have some technical issues last week being the first show and remote at TGI Fridays? not sure must be someone you couls call/email and find out

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Hmm, thats strange It has to be available somewhere, did they have some technical issues last week being the first show and remote at TGI Fridays? not sure must be someone you couls call/email and find out

E-mailed Jorgenson and have not heard back. I have learned to keep my expectation of Bison media coverage outside of Fargo, very, very low. It helps keep me happy. You see, some of us really, really liked when they got on FSN a few times and figured that would be a permanent thing. But, alas, it was not to be. They can't even figure out how to stream a postgame show......

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Got this message back from Jorgenson:

KFGO Tailgate show – streamed only on KFGO
Official Bison Pregame Show (30 minutes prior to kickoff) – streamed only on gobison.com
Game Action – streamed only on gobison.com
Official Bison Postgame Show (runs 30 minutes after game ends)– streamed only on gobison.com
KFGO Rewind show – streamed only on KFGO

I am assuming the Rewind show is the call in show. I know I could not get that through KFGO; they were blacked out still. I would suggest everyone who had this problem e-mail Jorgenson at Jeremy.Jorgenson.1@ndsu.edu I want to make sure he knows this is a major problem and that the world does not revolve around Fargo.

To be clear, I have no doubt he is a great guy, but the mickey mouse stuff drives me nuts.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Okay, Jorgenson assured me the post game rewind issues are KFGO are going to be fixed for this weekend.

Do they have an app to web-stream to blackberry?

Bison"FANatic"
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Okay, Jorgenson assured me the post game rewind issues are KFGO are going to be fixed for this weekend.

I believe they do just go on the sight kfgo.com and click on listen live then 1/2 way down the page is the app for i phone, droid and blackberry

tjbison
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM

Yes there is a Radio Fargo-Moorhead App for the dingleberry.

skolbrother
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Any chance we could have Steve Walker start a little earlier ...like say... the 4th quarter and join Jose Mohler in the huddle.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes there is a Radio Fargo-Moorhead App for the dingleberry.

But when you try to install, nothing happens. and I can't find it at all in ap world. I am trying not to have a complete melt down, as it is par for the course.....

Notorious
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
But when you try to install, nothing happens. and I can't find it at all in ap world. I am trying not to have a complete melt down, as it is par for the course.....

too late.....IMO ;)

MN_BISON
09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I've got the iPhone app for KFGO, works well for the most part. Glad to hear they are going to have the call in show streaming from now on, good news!

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
too late.....IMO ;)

I tried this once before, and they did not support my phone. Now, it says all are supported, but it still does not work!

TransAmBison
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I tried this once before, and they did not support my phone. Now, it says all are supported, but it still does not work!
Come to Fargo for the weekend and watch the game with TAB & Co.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
coming the following week, and two more times after that. I can always pay the $9.95, but I am so sick and tired of that crappy quality.

Tatanka
09-09-2010, 09:50 PM
coming the following week, and two more times after that. I can always pay the $9.95, but I am so sick and tired of that crappy quality.

TWSS .

Wally
09-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Got this message back from Jorgenson:

KFGO Tailgate show – streamed only on KFGO
Official Bison Pregame Show (30 minutes prior to kickoff) – streamed only on gobison.com
Game Action – streamed only on gobison.com
Official Bison Postgame Show (runs 30 minutes after game ends)– streamed only on gobison.com
KFGO Rewind show – streamed only on KFGO

I am assuming the Rewind show is the call in show. I know I could not get that through KFGO; they were blacked out still. I would suggest everyone who had this problem e-mail Jorgenson at Jeremy.Jorgenson.1@ndsu.edu I want to make sure he knows this is a major problem and that the world does not revolve around Fargo.

To be clear, I have no doubt he is a great guy, but the mickey mouse stuff drives me nuts.

Ok...the rewind show is still being blacked out on kfgo.com...i thought this crap was supposed to be working now, not a very well oiled machine at kfgo yet, kind of like our offense

tjbison
09-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Ok...the rewind show is still being blacked out on kfgo.com...i thought this crap was supposed to be working now, not a very well oiled machine at kfgo yet, kind of like our offense

Ok I have some inside info on this, but I figured it would work so I didn't post yesterday. And no I don't have or am in any way associated with RFM or any other media outlet in FM. But I was told that they are having problems with the automatic program that blacks out the prgramming at the specific time (kinda like recording with a DVR time slot) and they are trying to do it manually so they do not have to rely on the automatic crap and it was supposed to work this week but obviously didn't. My understanding it will hopefully eventually work:hide:

Wally
09-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Ok I have some inside info on this, but I figured it would work so I didn't post yesterday. And no I don't have or am in any way associated with RFM or any other media outlet in FM. But I was told that they are having problems with the automatic program that blacks out the prgramming at the specific time (kinda like recording with a DVR time slot) and they are trying to do it manually so they do not have to rely on the automatic crap and it was supposed to work this week but obviously didn't. My understanding it will hopefully eventually work:hide:

Thanks for the info....would be nice to hear it from rfm though....we have better rewind show on the board anyway:nod: :nod: :nod:

spelunker64
09-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Not to mention KFGO's coverage is pretty poor after dark...

spelunker64
09-12-2010, 04:12 AM
And in the past, when KQLX carried the games, it was streamed live on their website. No exclusivity on GoBison.com then...

The Lost Dutchman
09-12-2010, 05:41 AM
I will podcast Bison Rewind tomrorow on kfgo.com, i'll give a link on here to the show. Hope to have the problem fixed before next game.........