PDA

View Full Version : Decision 2010: Results at 1:30 today

Swany
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Press release from NDSU Football:

"North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl will brief on two-deep at 1:30 pm Tuesday, Aug. 24, in team meeting room at Fargodome."

Tatanka
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Press release from NDSU Football:

"North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl will brief on two-deep at 1:30 pm Tuesday, Aug. 24, in team meeting room at Fargodome."

http://andrightlyso.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dance.gif

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/ericka18_01/Spongebob-Happy-spongebob-squarepan.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/4/T/fGuyPeterRush09_22_72.jpg

MNLonghorn10
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_3TJBkoZeMVU/R7YXzOZ2hTI/AAAAAAAABcs/mlbmcV0SvkU/s400/waiting.jpg

HandoEX
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
It's 1:30. Hurry up with the news!!!

Tatanka
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
It's 1:30. Hurry up with the news!!!

http://oneseasontrader.com/wp-content/uploads/impatient-interviewee.jpg

Swany
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Our Illustrated rep at coach's presser says it's Mohler.

DjKyRo
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Good luck Jose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRE-lDZwGY

Tatanka
08-24-2010, 06:38 PM

Alright then. Good luck and congrautlations Jose! Now let's go kick some ass!

onbison09
08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Good luck Jose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRE-lDZwGY

The band needs to chant that and they need to start that over the big screens.

NDSU1980
08-25-2010, 01:54 AM

Glad to hear it. He deserves the start after his performance last year. Here's to an outstanding season. :bong:

56BISON73
08-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Glad to hear it. He deserves the start after his performance last year. Here's to an outstanding season. :bong:

Actually he is starting because of his improvement over his performance from last year. If he in fact was still performing at the level he did last year I think Jensen would be starting.

SDbison
08-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Actually he is starting because of his improvement over his performance from last year. If he in fact was still performing at the level he did last year I think Jensen would be starting.
I agree 100%. Jose was an average QB at best last year.

NDSU1980
08-25-2010, 02:50 AM
I agree 100%. Jose was an average QB at best last year.

He still saved us from total humiliation. We could have gone 1-10 you know.

I would think people here would want to build up Jose, rather then tearing him down every chance they get.

SDbison
08-25-2010, 03:01 AM

I would think people here would want to build up Jose, rather then tearing him down every chance they get.
There was nothing in my statement that was tearing Jose down. Just being honest about his performance last year as the Bison QB yielded a 2-2 record.
I will build Jose up when he deserves it. Last year he was nothing special. I hope he has improved a lot and will be a true leader on the field. That remains to be seen.
Go back to drinking your green and yellow koolaid.

tony
08-25-2010, 03:04 AM

I heard that if you look in a mirror and rip on NDSU's starting QB five times, the entire Bison offensive line will appear and force you to sing the school song while they whip party snaps at you... party snaps from HELL!

mgbison
08-25-2010, 03:37 AM
The only game that I saw Jose play in was the YSU game and thought he looked pretty damn good. If he can play like he did in that game this year, we're gonna win some games.

HandoEX
08-25-2010, 03:57 AM
There was nothing in my statement that was tearing Jose down. Just being honest about his performance last year as the Bison QB yielded a 2-2 record.
I will build Jose up when he deserves it. Last year he was nothing special. I hope he has improved a lot and will be a true leader on the field. That remains to be seen.

In all his games, he went for 60% completions, 6 TDs, 2 interceptions, and he went for 7 yards per carry on the ground as a freshman.

I just don't know how you could view his performance last season as poor. He is a WEAPON!

FYI, SDSU's rF QB went for 57% completions, 11 TDs, 9 INTs, and he rushed for -6 yards per carry (negative 6).

Obviously, you like Jensen and there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to recognize the performace Mohler put in. He's only going to get better.

ndsubison1
08-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Jose had limited playing time last year. He deserves a chance to prove he can be a quality and consistent QB for us. I see no evidence of him being a poor QB from last season

Minneapolis Jack
08-25-2010, 04:17 AM
In all his games, he went for 60% completions, 6 TDs, 2 interceptions, and he went for 7 yards per carry on the ground as a freshman.

I just don't know how you could view his performance last season as poor. He is a WEAPON!

FYI, SDSU's rF QB went for 57% completions, 11 TDs, 9 INTs, and he rushed for -6 yards per carry (negative 6).

Obviously, you like Jensen and there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to recognize the performace Mohler put in. He's only going to get better.

FYI - Mohler put up his stats against the MVC bottom feeders (Indiana St, Western Illinois, Youngstown St & Missouri St)
SDSU's O'Brien put up his stats against Minnesota, Montana, UNI, NDSU, Missouri St, W. Illinois)

Against like opponents (WIU & MSU)

O'Brien 26-45 58%, 353 yds, 3 td - 1 int
Moheler 16-36 44%, 216 yds, 1 td - 0 int

cvbison1
08-25-2010, 04:20 AM
FYI - Mohler put up his stats against the MVC bottom feeders (Indiana St, Western Illinois, Youngstown St & Missouri St)
SDSU's O'Brien put up his stats against Minnesota, Montana, UNI, NDSU, Missouri St, W. Illinois)

JACKS SUCK.....OOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wally
08-25-2010, 05:06 AM

As Christian Bale would say to some beatnik stagehand...OH GOOOD FOR YOU!

EndZoneQB
08-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Mohler was hurt one game, was it MSU? Bohl said he could barely lift his arm and could only throw 15-20 yards during warmups I believe.

mgbison
08-25-2010, 06:02 AM
good luck to the jacks with tob. I've seen him play vs us and the gophers and wasn't impressed. He has a good arm, but prob runs a 5.6 forty. Especially in the gophers game, he seemed liked a clutz.

Watching Mohler in the YSU game and tob in the 2 games, i'd take Mohler in a heartbeat. time will tell.

NDSU1980
08-25-2010, 01:19 PM

There was nothing wrong with Mohler's performance last year. 2-2 is better then 1-6. Even in the two loses Jose keep up in the games and we had a shot, especially Youngstown. I'll take smaller and agile any day, especially from someone who can think on his feet, read the defense, and not throw into traffic.

HandoEX
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM

That's a good point, but production is production. Good QBs have their best games against the best competition they face, IMO. It'll be interesting to see who has the better career. Obviously TOB has the leg up with a playoff game under his belt but I think Mohler will get up to par with him quickly.

Kermit
08-25-2010, 03:51 PM

This is subgroup analysis, aka post-hoc analysis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-hoc_analysis

Post-hoc analysis, in the context of design and analysis of experiments, refers to looking at the data—after the experiment has concluded—for patterns that were not specified a priori. It is sometimes called by critics data dredging to evoke the sense that the more one looks the more likely something will be found.

I used a wikipedia reference in the spirit of readability, but For any SDSU grads in the audience, this means you can find a statistic to support almost any point of view.

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 03:59 PM

I used a wikipedia reference in the spirit of readability, but For any SDSU grads in the audience, this means you can find a statistic to support almost any point of view.

Dude. You'll need to dumb it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down to reach that particular target audience... :) Preferably one-syllable words interspersed with animal noises where possible.

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Dude. You'll need to dumb it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down to reach that particular target audience... :) Preferably one-syllable words interspersed with animal noises where possible.
Grunts and clicks. If you use the animal noises they will start humping your leg.

bisonhusker
08-25-2010, 04:52 PM

I strongly suggest that nobody gets into a "who is smarter" contest with Kermit.

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 04:55 PM
I strongly suggest that nobody gets into a "who is smarter" contest with Kermit.
Whoa there buddy, enough with the thread derailing. :D

SDSUAlum08
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM

Absolutely. Bottom line is what is in the W and L column after each week. But I'm happy with TOB and am ready to see what he can do.

Edit: And then I read the next couple responses which made NDSU look like morons. I seriously don't get the whole thing with SDSU being an Ag school. News flash: so is NDSU. I personally didn't go to SDSU for anything Ag related and I don't live in SD now, but I feel sorry for whoever went to NDSU for Ag and still lives in ND. Your fellow posters are making you look stupid. Also, anyone who's ever taking anything related to a statistics class knows what a post-hoc analysis is. /end rant

aces1180
08-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Absolutely. Bottom line is what is in the W and L column after each week. But I'm happy with TOB and am ready to see what he can do.

Edit: And then I read the next couple responses which made NDSU look like morons. I seriously don't get the whole thing with SDSU being an Ag school. News flash: so is NDSU. I personally didn't go to SDSU for anything Ag related and I don't live in SD now, but I feel sorry for whoever went to NDSU for Ag and still lives in ND. Your fellow posters are making you look stupid. Also, anyone who's ever taking anything related to a statistics class knows what a post-hoc analysis is. /end rant

Um, yes, NDSU may be an Ag school, but unlike SDSU, it is not located in an Ag city. Fargo > Brookings. Also, we do not give away hogs, cows or goats at halftime of our sporting events. We do give away trees after the Harvest Bowl, but those don't shit in your car on the way home from the game.

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Edit: And then I read the next couple responses which made NDSU look like morons. I seriously don't get the whole thing
I believe you proved the point right there.*

*Ag school? Seriously dude? That had nothing to do with being an Ag school.**
**Somebody*** thinks you have little-man's sydrome about going to SDSU
***Somebody=TAB

Addendum****: Do you perhaps own a goat?
****For you SDSU alum, addendum is not like when a SDSU football player says, "Addendum cheerleaders started to go baaaah.'

Kermit
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Oh, thanks a million! My wife and kids will think that is hysterical. I expect to see a new demotivational poster any minute now..

SDSUAlum08
08-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I believe you proved the point right there.*

*Ag school? Seriously dude? That had nothing to do with being an Ag school.**
**Somebody*** thinks you have little-man's sydrome about going to SDSU
***Somebody=TAB

Addendum****: Do you perhaps own a goat?
****For you SDSU alum, addendum is not like when a SDSU football player says, "Addendum cheerleaders started to go baaaah.'

You prove my point again. I have no intention to get into an argument and really don't care so I won't get into it.

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM
You prove my point again. I have no intention to get into an argument and really don't care so I won't get into it.
:rofl: I would definitely take you as my guest if I were in the movie "Dinner for Schmucks".

SDSUAlum08
08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Um, yes, NDSU may be an Ag school, but unlike SDSU, it is not located in an Ag city. Fargo > Brookings. Also, we do not give away hogs, cows or goats at halftime of our sporting events. We do give away trees after the Harvest Bowl, but those don't shit in your car on the way home from the game.

I understand your point, but both institutions have Ag in their culture and state. Since NDSU is (apparently) too good for it, how about they just remove all Ag related majors and research dollars and see how far they get. They would be done as a higher education institution.

I didn't grow up on a farm but my parents and grandparents did. Also, I don't even live in SD and I live in Minneapolis. But I don't have the ignorance to make fun of the people that make up of most of the state. By taking a shot about SDSU in relation to Ag you're basically making fun of yourselves. Congrats.

TransAmBison
08-25-2010, 06:09 PM
I understand your point, but both institutions have Ag in their culture and state. Since NDSU is (apparently) too good for it, how about they just remove all Ag related majors and research dollars and see how far they get. They would be done as a higher education institution.

I didn't grow up on a farm but my parents and grandparents did. Also, I don't even live in SD and I live in Minneapolis. But I don't have the ignorance to make fun of the people that make up of most of the state. By taking a shot about SDSU in relation to Ag you're basically making fun of yourselves. Congrats.
You are the only one who thinks SDSU was being made fun of because it was an Ag school. Show me where we referenced SDSU being an ag school. All we said was you are dumb*. You came to your own conclusion.

*Thanks for repeatedly proving the point.**
**Now go get the fries, the alarm has been going off for a while.

BlueBisonRock
08-25-2010, 06:24 PM

Hey Dude. I have the designated 'Ag' major yet have worked in technology for more years than I care to admit. Even though I live in the Great State of Minnesota, I respect my rural and farm upbringing. This is a part of my 'foundation'.

There was no belittling of the Agriculture majors in the posts you are referencing. Yes, there was a comparsion or Tale of Two Cities inferred. I found it to be humorous and moved on without any feeling of malice or provocation.

Take a moment to act like a guest, laugh at yourself * in the context of the comments, and move on.

* I really wanted to add 'as we do', but recognized that you would take that as us laughing at you rather than us laughing at ourselves recognizing the value of our background. Take your work seriously, not yourself.

SDSUAlum08
08-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey Dude. I have the designated 'Ag' major yet have worked in technology for more years than I care to admit. Even though I live in the Great State of Minnesota, I respect my rural and farm upbringing. This is a part of my 'foundation'.

There was no belittling of the Agriculture majors in the posts you are referencing. Yes, there was a comparsion or Tale of Two Cities inferred. I found it to be humorous and moved on without any feeling of malice or provocation.

Take a moment to act like a guest, laugh at yourself * in the context of the comments, and move on.

* I really wanted to add 'as we do', but recognized that you would take that as us laughing at you rather than us laughing at ourselves recognizing the value of our background. Take your work seriously, not yourself.

----Agreed.

EmeraldCityBison
08-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Exactly what makes NDSU an Ag school as opposed to an Engineering school?

The latest enrollment data available (2009) shows that the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources has the second smallest enrollment (only more than University Studies).

College of Engineering & Architecture: 2931
College of Science & Mathematics: 1736
College of Human Development & Education: 1724
College of Pharmacy, Nursing, and Applied Sciences: 1659
College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences: 1581
College of Business: 1572
College of Agriculture, Food Systems, & Natural Resources: 1324
College of University Studies: 819

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/registrar/enrollment/summary/1010.pdf

This does not include Graduate studies or students enrolled in the Tri-college.

NDSU has an extensive past in agriculture but the university has grown to be much more than that.

Tatanka
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
NDSU is an ag school. And an engineering school. And more.

Never said or implied that it wasn't. :smh:

Pete's sake. :rolleyes:

BisonNeil
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Back to the thread, congrats Jose! I figured all along that Mohler's experience last year would give him a heads up going to an FBS school. Let the fun begin!!

BisonNeil
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Exactly what makes NDSU an Ag school as opposed to an Engineering school?

NDSU and SDSU are both 1864 Land Grant Institutions, just like Cornell, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin, University of Nebraska, LSU, etc, etc., etc. Hell, even the University of Florida is an "ag" school.

They're all "ag" schools, even when they are in the Ivy League.