PDA

View Full Version : Bison expect to name quarterback early this week

Swany
08-23-2010, 05:08 AM
For the story on Lee Vandal (http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=220), I spoke with Bison offensive coordinator Brent Vigen. I asked him about the quarterback situation for an upcoming story on the Bison offense the Illustrated is doing.

Vigen says the Bison expect to have the quarterback situation "sorted out" in the next day or two.

Vigen on QB competition

"It’s been back and forth, up and down. I think we’re getting to the point, two weeks out, ready to narrow some things down and closer to making a decision. All the guys have had ups and downs. Jose probably performed best in the scrimmage, something to take note of. Dante has been with injury again, that’s really hurt him. Brock had his ups and downs and you have to remember he’s a freshman, but his performance in spring accelerated a new high."

When do you expect to name a starting quarterback

"We’ll have it sorted out within the next day or two."

Stay tuned ...

ndsubison1
08-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Most educated guessers would say Jose

NorthernBison
08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Most educated guessers would say Jose

True. But I find it very interesting that things are still not clear. It tells me that the battle is extremely close.

I choose to take that as a good sign.

HandoEX
08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
This is pretty exciting. Best of luck to whoever wins the starting job.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree that I think Jose can be read between the lines, but I bet they think Jensen has the bigger long term potential. Probably what has held them back if I had to bet.

I am just hoping this means we have two competent folks making it hard to decided versus two who are equally poor.......

lakesbison
08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Jose Shots For Everyone!!

NDSU1980
08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I suspect that a lot of this coaching talk about Jensen is more for Jensen's ego then anything else. It's an old political trick to include people for consideration for a job just to get them some publicity. This keeps Jensen's fire and passion burning in case he doesn't get the job for a few years.

MNLonghorn10
08-23-2010, 04:18 PM
if it ain't mohler=mistakee

Tatanka
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I suspect that a lot of this coaching talk about Jensen is more for Jensen's ego then anything else. It's an old political trick to include people for consideration for a job just to get them some publicity. This keeps Jensen's fire and passion burning in case he doesn't get the job for a few years.

Nailed it IMHO. Although I do think Jensen has the tools to lead the herd.

westnodak93bison
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
It's called the "moldy carrot"

Superfan
08-23-2010, 06:28 PM
It's called the "moldy carrot"

......TWSS :D

SDbison
08-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't believe that at all. Jensen will be the starting QB before Mohlers time is done with NDSU. No need for the coaches to BS him. If Mohler is the best QB for now that does concern me as he is barely doing better than a redshirt Freshman who is still working to get more time in the system. All I know is Mohler better keep a cool head out on the field and get the job done. If he doesn't I don't want Bohl pissing away half a season before he puts Jensen in at QB.

Tatanka
08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
From Dom Izzo on the Bison Media Blog

UPDATE 2:35pm – Craig Bohl tells me updated depth chart released tomorrow…Team Captains elected: Gratzek, Lemon, L. Smith and Vandal

Superfan
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
From Dom Izzo on the Bison Media Blog

UPDATE 2:35pm – Craig Bohl tells me updated depth chart released tomorrow…Team Captains elected: Gratzek, Lemon, L. Smith and Vandal

YOU GOT THE TEXT?!!

Edit: Missed the "From Dom Izzo..." DOH! :banghead:

MNLonghorn10
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't believe that at all. Jensen will be the starting QB before Mohlers time is done with NDSU. No need for the coaches to BS him. If Mohler is the best QB for now that does concern me as he is barely doing better than a redshirt Freshman who is still working to get more time in the system. All I know is Mohler better keep a cool head out on the field and get the job done. If he doesn't I don't want Bohl pissing away half a season before he puts Jensen in at QB.

what are you even talking about? whats mohler done to not deserve to start?

last year he did fine. with a full off season now, and much improved last 2 games of the year, he'll be better. plus he's looked much better than jensen in the scrimmage & just as good in the spring game. plus hes already got experience.

like i said no mohler= mistake. i trust the coaches to make the right choice.

99Bison
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
what are you even talking about? whats mohler done to not deserve to start?

last year he did fine. with a full off season now, and much improved last 2 games of the year, he'll be better. plus he's looked much better than jensen in the scrimmage & just as good in the spring game. plus hes already got experience.

like i said no mohler= mistake. i trust the coaches to make the right choice.

Hahahahahaha, these three statements don't make sense at all...

BisoninNWMN
08-23-2010, 09:58 PM

Agreed.

Jose will probably start at Kansas but I believe Jensen has a lot bigger upside or potential.

Mohler is too small IMO. We'll see a lot of batted balls and tips this year. Plus his small stature and body weight make him more prone to getting injured when he scrambles out of the pocket.

Good luck to whomever starts but the 2nd guy better be ready.

MNLonghorn10
08-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Hahahahahaha, these three statements don't make sense at all...

meh i quickly typed it out. about half of the people who voted in the polls really haven't given mohler an opportunity.

i can't help you dont understand what i said on the spring game and coaches choice parts.