PDA

View Full Version : Will Montana head to the WAC? VOTE HERE...

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
What a couple days in conference realignment. Hell, I feel like I am in the middle of a war out here in MWC territory! Here is a poll on the alleged overatures by the WAC to Montana......what do YOU think?

ndsubison1
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, I'll say Montana bolts along with Montana St.

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes, I'll say Montana bolts along with Montana St.

Then get your vote in Mr. Ming!

Hammersmith
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Montana's got one hell of a decision to make. If they take the WAC up on their offer(with or without MSU), are they really gaining anything? Idaho and Utah State are nice; even NMSU isn't that bad. But Hawaii and LA Tech are budget busters, and does anyone really care about SJSU?

On the other hand, if Montana waits and the WAC dissolves, the Big Sky has a very good chance of landing Idaho and Utah State. They might even consider taking NMSU as a travel partner for NAU. None of those WAC schools would be happy about dropping to FCS, but the cost savings might make it worth it to them in these economic times.

I say they wait until BYU finishes wiping the egg off its face and makes a decision.

lakesbison
08-19-2010, 11:28 PM
if MONTANA ST wont go with MONTANA... NDSU SHOULD!!

BisoninNWMN
08-20-2010, 12:45 AM
IMO, Montana will stay in the Big Pluff

GO BISON GO

The_Sicatoka
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
How many sports would Montana have to add, in addition to having to add about 20 mens (football) scholarships and 20 womens (Title IX) scholarships.

That's some serious cash to have to come up with on very short notice.

WYOBISONMAN
08-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Voting is still open...............

zooropa
08-20-2010, 11:47 PM
How many sports would Montana have to add, in addition to having to add about 20 mens (football) scholarships and 20 womens (Title IX) scholarships.

That's some serious cash to have to come up with on very short notice.

Montana would need to add 2 sports (FBS min. 16 sports). Softball and swim/dive would probably be the cheapest adds.

sambini
08-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Montana goes++++

bisonmike2
08-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I read the Billings paper this morning and they had a small little op piece where the writer stated that Montana should stay and instead they should force out a couple of other Big Sky Schools then go after the Dakota schools.

zooropa
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I read the Billings paper this morning and they had a small little op piece where the writer stated that Montana should stay and instead they should force out a couple of other Big Sky Schools then go after the Dakota schools.

Too bad. The Dakota schools don't want the Big Sky.

EndZoneQB
08-22-2010, 08:38 PM

ALL of the Dakota schools or just UND/USD?

zooropa
08-22-2010, 08:44 PM
ALL of the Dakota schools or just UND/USD?
USD is already in a conference.

EndZoneQB
08-22-2010, 09:55 PM
USD is already in a conference.

Not for football. It would make more sense for them to ditch the Summit for the Big Sky since they could have a football home. The Summit and Sky are essentially equal so it would make more sense for them to be in the Sky based on football if they got an offer...hence my inclusion with UND.

zooropa
08-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, but they're already committed to the Summit League buyout, and I doubt they can afford joining a conference where the *closest* member is 560 miles away (compare with 856 miles to the farthest Summit League school--Oakland)

EndZoneQB
08-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah, but they're already committed to the Summit League buyout, and I doubt they can afford joining a conference where the *closest* member is 560 miles away (compare with 856 miles to the farthest Summit League school--Oakland)

Doesn't really matter as it was an article and I was asking what they meant by "Dakota schools".

Twentysix
08-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Can montana leave montana st? Doesn't montana have legislation stating they must remain toghether either in FCS or FBS? It was mentioned in another thread but could be bull.

ndsubison1
08-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I dont see how legislation can stop Montana from going FBS. Maybe I'm wrong though, but sounds dumb

EndZoneQB
08-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I dont see how legislation can stop Montana from going FBS. Maybe I'm wrong though, but sounds dumb

See: Texas.