PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems

admin
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
My beloved laptop bricked itself over the weekend (I'm about to perform open case surgery on it.) Posts that I make on lesser machines will either be angry, drunk, or both (come to think of it.... never mind, the status is quo.)

Oh and I missed the scrimmage this weekend. But that was good.

TransAmBison
08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Do you consider this your personal forum to spout off about anything you choose? Do you own this board? Maybe have a little respect and stay on topic! Maybe put it in the appropriate forum!

DON'T MAKE ME PUT YOU ON DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

I am so close to putting you on permanent moderation.

DON'T TEST ME!

admin
08-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Do you consider this your personal forum to spout off about anything you choose? Do you own this board? Maybe have a little respect and stay on topic! Maybe put it in the appropriate forum!

DON'T MAKE ME PUT YOU ON DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

I am so close to putting you on permanent moderation.

DON'T TEST ME!

I've had about enough of your insolence, #2. I will test you and you will like it!

A dog* sits at a farmhouse, carefully watching for his master to return from the fields. When the farmer is one kilometer (that's 198.84 rods for you guys who think the metric system is a communist plot**) from the farmhouse, the dog immediately takes off for the farmer. When he reaches the farmer, he turns and runs back to the farmhouse, whereupon he turns and runs back to the farmer. The dog continues this frantic action until the farmer reaches the farmhouse. If the dog runs twice as fast as the farmer walks, find the distance dn*** run by the dog from the point he reaches the farmer for the nth time to the point when reaches the farmer for the (n + 1)st time. (for purposes of this caculation, the dog will accelerate from rest to maximum speed instanteously - i.e. he has crazy speed.)

* The type of dog does not matter, Tatanka. It can be either European or African, it doesn't matter.
** I won't name any names but I'm looking in SDBison's direction.
*** The n is supposed to be a subscript but I don't know the tag that renders that.

TransAmBison
08-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I've had about enough of your insolence, #2. I will test you and you will like it!

* The type of dog does not matter, Tatanka. It can be either European or African, it doesn't matter.
** I won't name any names but I'm looking in SDBison's direction.
*** The n is supposed to be a subscript but I don't know the tag that renders that.
First, we do not have time for you silly question. If that dog is only running twice as fast as the farmer can walk, something is horribly wrong with the dog. I suspect a heart attack. Somebody call the vet!

As for the distance traveled, it is 35 ft. Yes, I used a unit of measure common to teh USA mother*****! He** Yeah! Pardon me while I go outside and shoot my guns *brief pause while TAB goes outside and shoots his guns* Now, why only 35 ft? Because that is the total distance a dog can run while having a heart attack.

I bet you if I answered that way on an extra credit question in college I would have gotten full points. Don't believe me? I've done similar with total credit. Why? Because I am right.

TransAmBison
08-17-2010, 07:23 PM
So, I gotta believe after reading my reply this "admin" guy went scrambling to research some obscure question/answer/riddle. I have to claim a little sense of pride that an idiot like me could at least tie up some time of a guy who posted a dorky question like above. In case you are wondering...dorky=something I do not care to try to figure out...oh, I could if I cared...but I do not, therefore it is dorky.

I would also beg to differ in the note that it does not matter if the dog is African or European. I will save that for later.

As for the dog, I hope Admin can get him to the vet soon so we can do further tests.

Tatanka
08-18-2010, 03:04 AM
I would also beg to differ in the note that it does not matter if the dog is African or European. I will save that for later.

Totally agree. Not that we're talking about airspeed velocity or whether or not TAB swallows but this is critical information.

Also, has the dog been owned by a graduate of the University of Phoenix - el Forko campus? Also critical information.

gotts
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Totally agree. Not that we're talking about airspeed velocity or whether or not TAB swallows but this is critical information.

Also, has the dog been owned by a graduate of the University of Phoenix - el Forko campus? Also critical information.

Why must you always have to bring the goat angle into things??? :hide:

Tatanka
08-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Why must you always have to bring the goat angle into things??? :hide:

There was no mention of a goat in my post. I was just getting clarification on the dog and its owner. Geez.

And what exactly is this "goat angle" you speak of? You seem to know a lot about goats.

gotts
08-20-2010, 01:52 AM
There was no mention of a goat in my post. I was just getting clarification on the dog and its owner. Geez.

And what exactly is this "goat angle" you speak of? You seem to know a lot about goats.

One must not look far (to the north) to associate the "owning" you speak of.

For shame, Tatanka, for shame.

Tatanka
08-20-2010, 03:02 AM
One must not look far (to the north) to associate the "owning" you speak of.

For shame, Tatanka, for shame.

No, seriously. How does one become so wise in the angle of goats? I was unaware that goats even had angles. Not even the book of armaments speaks of such things. You must be a witch or something.

So let me get this straight, you also have associates that gaze northward looking for owners? Owners of goats?

And for the record, I was raised Roman Catholic so feeling unnecessary shame is like second nature and stuff.

TransAmBison
08-20-2010, 03:12 AM
No, seriously. How does one become so wise in the angle of goats? I was unaware that goats even had angles. Not even the book of armaments speaks of such things. You must be a witch or something.

So let me get this straight, you also have associates that gaze northward looking for owners? Owners of goats?

And for the record, I was raised Roman Catholic so feeling unnecessary shame is like second nature and stuff.
Easy enough to tell if he is a witch. Anybody else know how to tell?

56BISON73
08-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Easy enough to tell if he is a witch. Anybody else know how to tell?

You weigh the supposed witch down with a very heavy object. You then throw the subject in to deep water. If the subject floats hes a sorcerer. If he doesnt float hes not. But unfortunately the innocent person has now drowned.:D

Tatanka
08-20-2010, 03:21 AM
You weigh the supposed witch down with a very heavy object. You then throw the subject in to deep water. If the subject floats hes a sorcerer. If he doesnt float hes not. But unfortunately the innocent person has now drowned.:D

I thought it involved a duck or something. Thanks for setting me straight. :D

bri-dog
08-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Yep, you gotta see if he weighs the same as a duck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Hammersmith
08-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Oh come on, of course you knew that. If the goat has a ribbon around its neck, it's acute. If it gets accepted to UND it's a right, and if it's too dumb to do that, it's obtuse.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal, it's not baaad. Remember to tip your waitress, it's only neighborly.

TransAmBison
08-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I thought it involved a duck or something. Thanks for setting me straight. :D
Was it PL or the duck that "set you straight"? Wait, I don't want to know.

Tatanka
08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Was it PL or the duck that "set you straight"? Wait, I don't want to know.

Dude. It's never too late to get set straight. Even someone who is as far away from straight as you are can be converted, and it may not even involve a duck.

TransAmBison
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Dude. It's never too late to get set straight. Even someone who is as far away from straight as you are can be converted, and it may not even involve a duck.
If it pleases the members of the jury, let the record state that Tatanka has confirmed it was not a duck, but rather PL that "set him straight".

[Shining a bright flashlight into Tatanka's face from above his head] Tatanka, have you or have you not put PL's sausage in your mouth???!!!!*

*How did this drift here?

Tatanka
08-20-2010, 03:14 PM
If it pleases the members of the jury, let the record state that Tatanka has confirmed it was not a duck, but rather PL that "set him straight".

[Shining a bright flashlight into Tatanka's face from above his head] Tatanka, have you or have you not put PL's sausage in your mouth???!!!!*

http://images.blackheartgoldpants.com/images/admin/Fif.jpg

However, I have tasted your wife's escargot. :hide:

TransAmBison
08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
http://images.blackheartgoldpants.com/images/admin/Fif.jpg

However, I have tasted your wife's escargot. :hide:
Who hasn't?