PDA

View Full Version : Update on Westphal situation

buffalosam07
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Said he wanted to be closer to home in Menasha: http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20100817/OSH02/100816124/DE-Westphal-leaves-Badgers-for-UWO

lakesbison
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
thats NOT the REAL story. But it works for the local newspaper. its about a girl.
good for him. I heard the facts, but for 1 time in my life, ill keep it to myself.

bisonmike2
08-17-2010, 06:14 PM
thats NOT the REAL story. But it works for the local newspaper. its about a girl.
good for him. I heard the facts, but for 1 time in my life, ill keep it to myself.

You kept it all to yourself? Really? You posted pictures of the girl here on bisonville.

Heres why Westphal is going to Oshkosh

its his NEW girlfriend.. but I might follow that too.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20264&page=2

/if you were joking, than bravo, you got me and that was hilarious. if you were serious then wow, just...wow.

lakesbison
08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh no, that story is true. (yea, shes HOOOOTTTTTTT) but something else happened in fargo.

carry on. its over now.

bisonmike2
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh no, that story is true. (yea, shes HOOOOTTTTTTT) but something else happened in fargo.

carry on. its over now.

he didn't hang out near a Best Buy did he?

And I agree, it's over.

SDbison
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Can we forget about this guy? Who gives a rip. I wish he had never expressed interest in NDSU. I can't understand how a grown man, yet a football player, is not able to take living a few hundred miles (i.e. half day drive) from home or a girlfriend. Let him play DIII football even though God gave him DI talent. It's his loss.

cyborgg
08-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Can we forget about this guy? Who gives a rip. I wish he had never expressed interest in NDSU. I can't understand how a grown man, yet a football player, is not able to take living a few hundred miles (i.e. half day drive) from home or a girlfriend. Let him play DIII football even though God gave him DI talent. It's his loss.

Who gives a rip? You sure don't, not bitter at all. :rolleyes:

SDbison
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Who gives a rip? You sure don't, not bitter at all. :rolleyes:
What do you care Iowa State fan........lurk elsewhere, or maybe they don't want you at your own teams messageboard?
I actually feel sorry for Westphal........he has that much talent and throws it away.

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2010, 10:38 PM
What do you care Iowa State fan........lurk elsewhere, or maybe they don't want you at your own teams messageboard?
I actually feel sorry for Westphal........he has that much talent and throws it away.

+++++++++++++++++++++

bisonpride4ever
08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a sh!t? He's not a Bison....next!

sambini
08-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Well said +++++++++++++

cyborgg
08-18-2010, 12:52 AM
What do you care Iowa State fan........lurk elsewhere, or maybe they don't want you at your own teams messageboard? I actually feel sorry for Westphal........he has that much talent and throws it away.

The sadder thing is your bitter attitude about it. You already ripped on McGovern for stepping up to play Big XII, and now you rip on Westphal for stepping down to DIII. At least be consistent with your bitching.

56BISON73
08-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Nobody here really knows how this kid came to his decsion. It was his decision. He really isnt throwing anything away except for the Experience of playing at a bigger school. If he in fact is serious about playing football and has the talent D3 can lead him to anywhere he truely wants to go.

NorthernBison
08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Nobody here really knows how this kid came to his decsion. It was his decision. He really isnt throwing anything away except for the Experience of playing at a bigger school. If he in fact is serious about playing football and has the talent D3 can lead him to anywhere he truely wants to go.

Au contraire there PL. There is one "all knowing" and "all important" person here who knows the lowdown on this decision. He's already told us he knows.

The rest of what you said is quite correct.

lakesbison
08-18-2010, 05:37 AM
thats correct, but im not gonna get anyone in trouble.

NorthernBison
08-18-2010, 01:20 PM
thats correct, but im not gonna get anyone in trouble.

I applaud your discretion. You're doing the right thing.

SDbison
08-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I call BS PL. Sorry, I don't believe the kid knew WTF he was doing, but as a Bison fan I don't appreciate his Favre like gamesmanship. If Westphal was so screwed up at Wisconsin maybe he should have stayed there until he really made up his mind, or maybe went home a while to think about it first. This is inexcusable the way he accepts an offer to transfer and then says, nah I don't think so. In the REAL world adults who do this, and he is an adult, lose respect. Employers don't appreciate people accepting offers after they spent time and effort to secure employment and then having a new employee show up the first day or week and then quit.
I guess I am a competitor and play at the highest level competition I am capable of having a good chance of succeeding. You can make all theexcuses you want for the kid, but I am sure NDSU's staff was not happy with his backing out.
As for the lost boy from Iowa State, cyblob......the kid from Fargo is different. North Dakota takes pride in their Universities and to lose a local kid who could have been a big deal here at a DI program is a tough loss. Tyler Roehl from West Fargo made a great choice to become a Bison and who knows if he ever would have got all the attention and carries at an FBS school, let alone 262 yards against Minnesota. FBS to FCS is still DI and not a huge drop. DI FCS to DIII is a giant step down. Don't even try to justify or compare

cyborgg
08-18-2010, 06:49 PM
I call BS PL. Sorry, I don't believe the kid knew WTF he was doing, but as a Bison fan I don't appreciate his Favre like gamesmanship. If Westphal was so screwed up at Wisconsin maybe he should have stayed there until he really made up his mind, or maybe went home a while to think about it first. This is inexcusable the way he accepts an offer to transfer and then says, nah I don't think so. In the REAL world adults who do this, and he is an adult, lose respect. Employers don't appreciate people accepting offers after they spent time and effort to secure employment and then having a new employee show up the first day or week and then quit.
I guess I am a competitor and play at the highest level competition I am capable of having a good chance of succeeding. You can make all theexcuses you want for the kid, but I am sure NDSU's staff was not happy with his backing out.
As for the lost boy from Iowa State, cyblob......the kid from Fargo is different. North Dakota takes pride in their Universities and to lose a local kid who could have been a big deal here at a DI program is a tough loss. Tyler Roehl from West Fargo made a great choice to become a Bison and who knows if he ever would have got all the attention and carries at an FBS school, let alone 262 yards against Minnesota. FBS to FCS is still DI and not a huge drop. DI FCS to DIII is a giant step down. Don't even try to justify or compare

Who cares, right? The important thing is you're not bitter. Maybe the kids will read your post and learn a thing or two about how "mature" adults handle their disappointment. :rolleyes: