PDA

View Full Version : Bison Media Department needs help

Scooter1
08-17-2010, 02:24 AM
I logged onto Gobison.com and I click on an article stating that we have received votes in the sportsnetwork poll. I thought to myself , "Great, lets take a look." I think it is time that the powers that be at NDSU need to realize that just because NDSU is mentioned in a poll doesn't mean that it is something to champion on your website.

On closer examination of the poll, you find that NDSU came in 70th in points totals for this poll. There are only 2 teams on our schedule that received fewer votes than we did. Those 2 teams being Western Illinois and University of South Dakota. Now, this means that Morgan state, Missouri State, and even INDIANA ST received more votes than we did. When Indiana State receives more votes in a poll for football than NDSU you have to wonder at the validity of the poll. So, the question remains...why on god's green earth would you put this story on your website? They might as well have titled the article "Sportsnetwork predicts NDSU really suck."

99Bison
08-17-2010, 02:32 AM
You are part of the FCS... you are pretty much obligated to participate in sharing it's info... unless you want to take your ball and go home.

Scooter1
08-17-2010, 02:34 AM
no, you aren't. If you are Indiana st and have never gotten votes...ever, you may want to make note of this embarassment.

Tatanka
08-17-2010, 02:36 AM
There was another team with more votes than the Bison... I heard they're like crazy fast. :hide:

lakesbison
08-17-2010, 02:42 AM
SPORTSNETWORK is run by Ken Zajac (kzajac@sportsnetwork.com) and Bernie Greenberg (bgreenberg@sportsnetwork.com)

its worthless. Its 2 geeks that have tried to PUSH this sports content onto newspaper, tv, radio websites on the web.

like the AGS that is voted by FANS, this SPORTSNETWORK crap is thrown out by 2 dorks.

that is all.

onbison09
08-17-2010, 04:13 AM
There was another team with more votes than the Bison... I heard they're like crazy fast. :hide:

Wow. Well that confirms that poll sucks.

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
SPORTSNETWORK is run by Ken Zajac (kzajac@sportsnetwork.com) and Bernie Greenberg (bgreenberg@sportsnetwork.com)

its worthless. Its 2 geeks that have tried to PUSH this sports content onto newspaper, tv, radio websites on the web.

like the AGS that is voted by FANS, this SPORTSNETWORK crap is thrown out by 2 dorks.

that is all.

Yes.....Lakes is absolutely right on this.....

NDSUstudent
08-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Lakes is completely and totally wrong. Sports Network is poll of sports writers. Sports Network provides sports information for many sports/news outlets. It is nothing like AGS, instead it is a very credible organization.

Greenie
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm waiting for the coaches poll --> most credible of the preseason.

All the polls change significantly after the first couple weeks. At that point, people should actually care what they say.

lakesbison
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
NDSU student. its not sports writers. Sid Hartman, Jeff Kolpack, Craig Wilbon are not placing votes on FCS.

missingnumber7
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
During the regular season, the Top 25 will be released every Monday afternoon, except for on the final weekend when it will be released on Sunday morning, Nov. 21, due to its use as an official tool by the NCAA Division I Football Committee in selecting the 20-team playoff field.

I guess it isn't a credible poll...I mean only the NCAA is using it to help decide the playoff field.

OrygunBison
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Poll, schmoll... I could care less until about early November.

Way to use a misleading thread title to trick me into reading this thread. I am now dumber than I was two minutes ago.

Scooter1
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Poll, schmoll... I could care less until about early November.

Way to use a misleading thread title to trick me into reading this thread. I am now dumber than I was two minutes ago.

If you are referring to the fact that you can only type 17 wpm then yes...you are dumber than you were two minutes ago.

NDSUstudent
08-18-2010, 12:19 AM
NDSU student. its not sports writers. Sid Hartman, Jeff Kolpack, Craig Wilbon are not placing votes on FCS.

Kolpack votes in that poll lakes, it is the media poll. The FCS writer at sports network manages the poll voting and also the voting for various FCS end of the season awards.

OrygunBison
08-18-2010, 12:54 AM
If you are referring to the fact that you can only type 17 wpm then yes...you are dumber than you were two minutes ago.

Nicely played. I commend you...

Twentysix
08-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Nicely played. I commend you...

He was gonna finish but his time on the library internet ran out. :S

Jk bud :p