PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks & Wildcat?? ATTENTION COACHES!

lakesbison
08-11-2010, 03:42 AM
The Wildcat for Jayhawks?

Don't bet on KU adopting that name, but Kansas is working on a Wildcat-like package to utilize the multiple skills of quarterback-turned-receiver Christian Matthews.

"It's similar," Long said. "It's a change-up."

Long said KU was letting Matthews get adjusted at receiver first but most likely would have the package installed before the season begins.

As for the name?

"We'll name it once we figure out if that's going to be good for us," Long said. "We'll leave it up to the guys."

http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2010-08-09/ku_notes_scrimmaging_in_the_heat

DjKyRo
08-11-2010, 03:46 AM
I trust you've sent the necessary texts?

Scooter1
08-11-2010, 04:01 AM
I bet they could call it the University of Kansas "State" formation.

sambini
08-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Jaycat Formation...

lakesbison
08-11-2010, 04:15 AM
yea, thats the discussion on their board. they dont want to name it that.... they are working on their own name.

They have 1 good RB so, NDSU will get a huge dose of him im afraid

westnodak93bison
08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Honestly lakes, do you think the staff is so inept they wont scout KU?

mgbison
08-11-2010, 04:27 AM
this is great news. If they want to try and run the ball on us all game, the better our chances are. It's the spread that kills us. I have enough confidence in our defense's run stopping ability (with Gratzek and company). It's the 3rd and 10 that really killed our defense last year. From what i've read their oline isn't anything great.

lakesbison
08-11-2010, 04:43 AM
westnodak.

ahh.. no. Im scouting for US FANS. Im fairly confident NDSU coaches are on top of things... and guess what. you never know what could fall through the cracks and one of the players or coaches or admin staff (hi guys!!) are reading these.

Herd
08-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Agreed, we have a much better chance if the game is an in the trenches physical battle. Spread offenses and wide open passing games have given us fits. Surprisingly, we fared quite well vs. FBS teams in winning the physical games.

Twentysix
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Agreed, we have a much better chance if the game is an in the trenches physical battle. Spread offenses and wide open passing games have given us fits. Surprisingly, we fared quite well vs. FBS teams in winning the physical games.

Do you think we have been overlooked going into FBS games in the past? That would probably help. CMU definetly overlooked us.

Less than adaquete scouting i mean. We also obviously have a great strength and conditioning program.

tony
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Free State Formation.

silkamilkamonico
08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Honestly lakes, do you think the staff is so inept they wont scout KU?

With all due respect, how do you scout them? They don't even know what kind of identity they will have. With the loss of so many contributing players, coupled with an entirely new coaching staff, I cannot think of a team that was ever more in flux that Kansas this year.