PDA

View Full Version : Matt Anderson

Swany
08-08-2010, 05:14 AM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=185

Excerpt: "Only a few weeks into his junior year, the Cavalier native knew something was seriously wrong. “I couldn’t hit anybody. Sometimes I’d hit people and the whole side of my body would go numb and take my breath away,” explained Anderson. There was no single hit that sparked the injury, rather, it was something that developed over time."

** Hat tip to tony for suggesting this story in the thread from last week on stories you guys would like to see. I'm working on several others recommended in that thread, which will be posted during fall camp.

BisonNeil
08-08-2010, 02:55 PM
It will be great to see him back on the field. I hope he can return to form. He's definitely talented if he can get back into it mentally. I have always heard that neck injuries are tough to recover from, mentally that is. Bowman didn't come back to form, I hope Matt can.

johnson
08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=185

Excerpt: "Only a few weeks into his junior year, the Cavalier native knew something was seriously wrong. “I couldn’t hit anybody. Sometimes I’d hit people and the whole side of my body would go numb and take my breath away,” explained Anderson. There was no single hit that sparked the injury, rather, it was something that developed over time."

** Hat tip to tony for suggesting this story in the thread from last week on stories you guys would like to see. I'm working on several others recommended in that thread, which will be posted during fall camp.
This kind of coverage is really good to see. Thank you.

Tatanka
08-08-2010, 06:07 PM
This kind of coverage is really good to see. Thank you.

++ Excellent job Bison Illustrated!!!!

tony
08-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Thank you very much for that article!

It's easy to forget how much guys give up to play football... in a lot of ways it's like a substitute for warfare (including that guys give their all, not for tradition or fans or whatever, but because of the guys lining up next to them - which is why I never underestimate the effect of team chemistry.)

sambini
08-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Swany GREAT JOB+++++ Good luck Matt from your friends at Budweiser.

DjKyRo
08-08-2010, 09:09 PM
It’s a helpless feeling. “You go through hell for five years with these guys. I wanted to stick it out and go out with them,” said Anderson on returning for his senior year. “You develop a bond with them, you get close with them, they are like family. It’s tough to see them do it with you not there.” It would’ve taken a neck brace to keep Anderson away from those brothers during their senior year.

Anyone who thinks this kind of attitude isn't what Bison Football is about needs to get real. Absolutely love it, great article Swany.