PDA

View Full Version : Liz Keena

BlueKeyAlum
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Bison get a commit from the 6'1 Forward out of Hastings. She played AAU ball with NorthTartans program.

DORMIE
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Please correct me, but I think that North Tartan has been a pipeline for SDSU. However I think that Kelly Roysland may have played for them.

tony
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
There is really not much info out there about Liz. If anybody finds some, please update the thread.

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
There is really not much info out there about Liz. If anybody finds some, please update the thread.

Yeah I looked at the gpreps website about Minnesota and she wasn't even in the top 30. Maybe a late bloomer or something.

SDbison
08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah I looked at the gpreps website about Minnesota and she wasn't even in the top 30. Maybe a late bloomer or something.
Can't be much of a player since SDSU gets all the best women recruits. Brookings.......Midwest Mecca of DI womens basketball.

summitfever
08-04-2010, 01:36 AM
I read somewhere that her high school team was 2-25 last year. And the North Tartan team she played during the AAU season was not their elite team. Wish I knew more.

BisonFan22
08-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Elizabeth Keena: Star player from Hastings Minnesota, Varsity 4 years, Played North Tartan Basketball, 09-10 High school record: 2-25, considered transfer to Lakeville North for Senior year, chose not to. Notable Hard worker and all around Athlete, Honors Student, National Honors Society Eligible. Other sports: Volleyball.

Judging by the fact that Hastings is so unknown for women's basketball I would assume that Elizabeth hasn't had very much exposure and therefor could be a good sleeper pick. I'd say she's a positive move for NDSU...

Elephants Dream?
08-04-2010, 05:50 AM
We've had a player or two from Hastings, I believe.
Molly Hayden or Erin Ditty, possibly?

SamsRams
08-05-2010, 01:11 AM
However I think that Kelly Roysland may have played for them.

Not even close, Kelly played for Fosston!!

HandoEX
08-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Not even close, Kelly played for Fosston!!

Fosston has an AAU team????? haha

:hide:

summitfever
08-05-2010, 04:21 AM
I believe the Roysland reference was meant to be that she played for the North Tartan AAU program.

roadwarrior
08-05-2010, 07:31 PM
From Dom Izzo on the Bison media blog:

Spoke with Liz Keena on the phone this afternoon, she's the first verbal recruit for Carolyn DeHoff for the 2011 season. She's going to be a senior this year at Hastings High School, she averaged 14 points and 10 rebounds a game this past season for a team that went 2-25. Keena said that her team plays in a tough conference and most squads game planned against her. Keena came up last January for the SDSU game and said she was impressed with the fans and atmosphere of a women's basketball game. She has family in the area, her parents are originally from Barnesville...she had strong interest from Northern Iowa.