PDA

View Full Version : Coach Lyle "Bud" Belk

JackJD
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Some of the Bison fans will remember Bison Basketball Coach Bud Belk (head coach, about 1968-71 ... I know the Bison won an NCC title one of his years). I was in a grocery store this weekend (in Watertown, SD) wearing an SDSU T-shirt. An older gentleman came up to me an gave me some good-natured grief about being a Jackrabbit. He told me he had been a Jackrabbit too but was a Bison for about 30 years -- I then knew it was Coach Belk (I think he was a professor for many years after hanging up his coach's whistle).

Nice guy...had some recent health problems but seems to have recovered nicely. Great sense of humor and mentally sharp as a tack with a great memory. He's still following the Bison from his place in Watertown.

Sheesh, even the Bison old guys are walking around giving Jacrkabbits a bad time!

Twentysix
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Some of the Bison fans will remember Bison Basketball Coach Bud Belk (head coach, about 1968-71 ... I know the Bison won an NCC title one of his years). I was in a grocery store this weekend (in Watertown, SD) wearing an SDSU T-shirt. An older gentleman came up to me an gave me some good-natured grief about being a Jackrabbit. He told me he had been a Jackrabbit too but was a Bison for about 30 years -- I then knew it was Coach Belk (I think he was a professor for many years after hanging up his coach's whistle).

Nice guy...had some recent health problems but seems to have recovered nicely. Great sense of humor and mentally sharp as a tack with a great memory. He's still following the Bison from his place in Watertown.

Sheesh, even the Bison old guys are walking around giving Jacrkabbits a bad time!

Good story, Did i ever tell you i missed a 10,000 dollar basketball shot...twice..

sambini
08-05-2010, 02:33 AM

Bud is a great guy+++

SlickVic
08-05-2010, 02:46 AM
Bud is a great guy+++

Buds also a great beer...this ones for you sambini ++++++++

TheDoctor
08-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Good story, Did i ever tell you i missed a 10,000 dollar basketball shot...twice..

The second one was NOT for $10,000, sorry. Saul was just having fun with you. Could you imagine if you'd have made the 2nd one and they had to break it to you that the insurance only covered the first? ;)

Twentysix
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
The second one was NOT for $10,000, sorry. Saul was just having fun with you. Could you imagine if you'd have made the 2nd one and they had to break it to you that the insurance only covered the first? ;)

lol right. They would of pulled a semi pro anyways. :P