PDA

View Full Version : I-94 and 25th Billboard

ad guy
08-02-2010, 09:31 PM
A very cool billboard with #8 on it is up. Sorry no pic.

Twentysix
08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Fiechtner drive has a Bison Strong billboard on it. Very cool campagin.

No_Skill
08-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

Tatanka
08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tatanka
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Now I'm going to have to take a different route home.

PS> Have the marketing wizards finally taken my advice and put one of those bad boys up in el Forko Grande? If I have to read Fighting ____________ ads in Fargo there better be one up there for the Bison! Who knows, maybe you can snag a couple of the literate ones and convert 'em!

How about in Bismarck? Minot? Dickinson?

If not, WHY NOT?

bisonhusker
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM

PS> Have the marketing wizards finally taken my advice and put one of those bad boys up in el Forko Grande? If I have to read Fighting ____________ ads in Fargo there better be one up there for the Bison! Who knows, maybe you can snag a couple of the literate ones and convert 'em!

If not, WHY NOT?

Our grads have no reason to move to el Forko Grande. They have to move here to get good jobs. That is why they advertise and hope to get their hockey fans to buy tickets to their less popular sports. We have nobody in Grand Forks (and I am sure I just offended several Bison fans! sorry and kidding)

duluthbison
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, I've seen plain NDSU billboards on Gateway in el forko grande.

Jay
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
The one on 25th is pretty sweet.

Tatanka
08-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, I've seen plain NDSU billboards on Gateway in el forko grande.
As there should be.

I'm sure NDSU didn't want to confuse them by putting too many big words up there. Plain boards work.

ndsubison1
08-02-2010, 10:49 PM

If not, WHY NOT?

Havent seen any in Bismarck :hide:

Tatanka
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
OK. I have verified the awesomeness of the billboard. Looks great!

westnodak93bison
08-03-2010, 12:33 AM
You guys are sad. NO pics? Some of us do not live in Fargo.

met1990
08-03-2010, 02:03 AM
You guys are sad. NO pics? Some of us do not live in Fargo.

Tomorrow I'll get a pic of the billboard over by the Sonic in West Fargo. It's different than the one on 25th and 94. It's just a picture of Lakes with the phrase "Rainin' Bitches" on it.

TheBisonator
08-03-2010, 02:10 AM
I just got back from Winnipeg today. I drove thru el Forko Grande this afternoon, and they were playing a Bison Strong ad on KJ108, the GF rock station. I thought that was kinda cool.

I also smuggled a couple bags of Ruffles All Dressed potato chips across the border. That was also kinda cool.

tjbison
08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
I just got back from Winnipeg today. I drove thru el Forko Grande this afternoon, and they were playing a Bison Strong ad on KJ108, the GF rock station. I thought that was kinda cool.

I also smuggled a couple bags of Ruffles All Dressed potato chips across the border. That was also kinda cool.

Dude you could have just brought them, no need to smuggle chips their a legal item;)

TheBisonator
08-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Dude you could have just brought them, no need to smuggle chips their a legal item;)

I use the word "smuggle" very loosely. :D

sambini
08-03-2010, 06:51 AM
A very cool billboard with #8 on it is up. Sorry no pic.
Awesome+++++++++++

SDbison
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Pics anyone.........plllllllleeeeeeaase!

TAILG8R
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
It's not a great photo since I took it with my BB from the car as I was driving by but it's good enough.

bisonmike2
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Nice billboard. I like it.

No_Skill
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Looks good to me.

lakesbison
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
heres another one.

in the background are tons of small little pictures of fans/tailgate,e tc.

tjbison
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Na I want more underware and dirty shirts flopping in the wind.;)

But seriously I bet we all would have loved it if they decked them out in Victorias Secret gear last year!!!!:p

Twentysix
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Havent seen any in Bismarck :hide:

there was always an NDSU billboard by the airport in bismarck, I havent checked to see if its still there in the last year.

SDbison
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
It's not a great photo since I took it with my BB from the car as I was driving by but it's good enough.
Billboard looks good thanks, but it should have been up all summer if 10,000 season tickets was a serious goal.

duluthbison
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Now they just need to put more of those up across minnesota and north dakota!

tjbison
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Now they just need to put more of those up across minnesota and north dakota!

Agreed, should be the first Billboard ANYONE see's entering the state on any highway even from Canada, let people know its BISON COUNTRY!!

JSUBison
08-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Should be Jake Miller on there, but oh well.

:D

TheBisonator
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Agreed, should be the first Billboard ANYONE see's entering the state on any highway even from Canada, let people know its BISON COUNTRY!!

Hell, as long as they're advertising the Bison on GF radio stations, I'm fine with that.

duluthbison
08-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Here's another one, its at the intersection of 32nd ave south and 15th st south. Looks like KFGO is reppin bison pride!!!!
http://i33.tinypic.com/9772pc.jpg

DjKyRo
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Here's another one, its at the intersection of 32nd ave south and 15th st south. Looks like KFGO is reppin bison pride!!!!

Love it! This is the kind of hometown radio network we need! Now to just get them to positively portray the Bison on-air...

lakesbison
08-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Main and 25th st has one of those KFGO/NDSU billboards

tjbison
08-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Love it! This is the kind of hometown radio network we need! Now to just get them to positively portray the Bison on-air...

Why wouldn't they positively portray them??? Scott Miller is still the play caller, and I haven't heard one negative thing said on KFGO since the mention. In fact i've hear more Promotion in the past month than I ever heard from WDAY

sambini
08-05-2010, 02:19 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/9772pc.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bisonmike2
08-30-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm a little disappointed in NDSU's marketing. Drove through the entire state of ND last week and didn't see 1 NDSU billboard. On the way back from Montana, we drove through SD, and I saw at least 3 SDSU boards including one right as you enter the state that says "Welcome to South Dakota, Beware of our Jackrabbits - SDSU" Clever, corny but a nice advertisement for the school. NDSU should have boards up all across the state, even in the neighboring states. I'd especially like to see some in the twin cities area. Hell, the other day I drove past an Augustana billboard. I also see a couple of UND billboards, mainly for their aviation program.

Hammersmith
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm a little disappointed in NDSU's marketing. Drove through the entire state of ND last week and didn't see 1 NDSU billboard. On the way back from Montana, we drove through SD, and I saw at least 3 SDSU boards including one right as you enter the state that says "Welcome to South Dakota, Beware of our Jackrabbits - SDSU" Clever, corny but a nice advertisement for the school. NDSU should have boards up all across the state, even in the neighboring states. I'd especially like to see some in the twin cities area. Hell, the other day I drove past an Augustana billboard. I also see a couple of UND billboards, mainly for their aviation program.

I think we're seeing the leftover uncertainty from Hanson's tenure. When you effectively have no leadership, everybody retreats into a bunker mentality and few are willing to stick their heads out for new ideas in fear that they'll be the first to be cut off. Hopefully, a year of Dr. B at the reins will solve most of these problems. I think we'll see significant improvement by the beginning of 2011 as the NDSU staff begin to get to know his personality and leadership style. Won't help the 2010 season, unfortunately.

BadlandsBison
08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I think we're seeing the leftover uncertainty from Hanson's tenure. When you effectively have no leadership, everybody retreats into a bunker mentality and few are willing to stick their heads out for new ideas in fear that they'll be the first to be cut off. Hopefully, a year of Dr. B at the reins will solve most of these problems. I think we'll see significant improvement by the beginning of 2011 as the NDSU staff begin to get to know his personality and leadership style. Won't help the 2010 season, unfortunately.

Thats a good point. Basically, I think NDSU is just being conservative in general, which is how Pres. Hanson kind of steared the university. Pres. B seems to really like NDSU and the State and I think we'll start to see more NDSU exposure in the future.

bisonmike2
08-30-2010, 06:57 PM

I hope so too. I like SDSU's idea of putting a billboard right across the SD border, greeting new visitors to the state. NDSU should do something like that. Remind people that it is a state institution and not just cater to the lower SE corner of ND.

bison_05
08-31-2010, 05:24 AM
There is a nice big Bison Strong billboard on broadway in Minot.

SUBISON247
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
There is a Bison Strong billboard on 26th St. in Bismarck just next to the fomer Bobcat plant.

aces1180
08-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Bison Strong billboard on Highway 10 in DL as you go west just past Noah's Insurance.

Siouxfallsbison
08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Big Green Bison flag displayed on 6th st. in Sioux Falls. :bow: Would be even more pumped if #87 wasn't hurt :banghead:

Wally
09-01-2010, 02:37 AM
I would love to see a billboard around the Twin Cities sometime, I've seen MSU-Moorhead and Concordia boards down here in the past, those just promoted the schools though not any athletic teams.