PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Roster

KilldeerBison
07-30-2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2010&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

The 2010 roster has been updated on Gobison.com. I noticed some of the oline have put on a few lbs from last season ie J. Lund @ 300, A Richard @ 326 (looking forward to watching these two especially) and T Beckius @ 299. Also, I noticed that some freshmen are listed.

HandoEX
07-30-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2010&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

The 2010 roster has been updated on Gobison.com. I noticed some of the oline have put on a few lbs from last season ie J. Lund @ 300, A Richard @ 326 (looking forward to watching these two especially) and T Beckius @ 299. Also, I noticed that some freshmen are listed.

Yeah, it's been updated for a while now. Does ANYONE know why Boyd from NDSCS is absent from the roster? Is there any info out there on if he's still coming? He'd be a very welcome addition to our secondary.

BisonNeil
07-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Taylor Nelson gained 20 lbs from the 2009 roster. Big boy.

MNLonghorn10
07-30-2010, 08:49 PM
99 Westphal, Tyler DE 6-6 245 So. Menasha, Wis. (Wisconsin) (Menasha HS)

#99? bad ass

KilldeerBison
07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Matthew Gratzek from 278 to 289, like he needed it. One man wrecking crew.

Castor Troy
07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
My favorite:

Brandon Jemison- 6'1 214

He's gettin' there :nod: .

HandoEX
07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
My favorite:

Brandon Jemison- 6'1 214

He's gettin' there :nod: .

I'd say he showed the most physical maturity of anyone in spring ball. He looked like he added more than 15 lbs of muscle.

BadlandsBison
07-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Matthew Gratzek from 278 to 289, like he needed it. One man wrecking crew.

Geez, he's gonna hurt some people. He spends more time behind the center than the QB does.

BisoninNWMN
07-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Looking at the roster, LBs in particular, it seems we have undersized LBs.

Mays was 245 and now we have such small guys.

Are we going more of a LBer that is smaller and quicker like Cal-Poly had when they played us??

Playing in the MV, which is very physical, it seems like we need LBs with more bulk.

But then again, with all of these spread offenses, maybe we need smaller, faster LBers........

BisonNeil
07-31-2010, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;382809]Looking at the roster, LBs in particular, it seems we have undersized LBs.

Are we going more of a LBer that is smaller and quicker like Cal-Poly had when they played us??

Playing in the MV, which is very physical, it seems like we need LBs with more bulk.

But then again, with all of these spread offenses, maybe we need smaller, faster LBers........[QUOTE]

I don't think there is any question that is the trend with so many teams playing the spread. Most LBs in FBS are trending towards SS size, except at MLB/ILB. No question we are undersized at that position, however.

What is more of a concern is the fact that we have only 5 scholarship LBs in the upper classmen. The "piss/poor" recruiting has really hurt that position which is probably why Bohl brought in four high school LBs on scholarhip in this class plus signing two JUCOs. Willie Mack's lazy recruiting has really hurt this part of the team, it is unfortunate Bohl gave him total control of recruiting for that side of the ball.

BisoninNWMN
07-31-2010, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;382809]Looking at the roster, LBs in particular, it seems we have undersized LBs.

But then again, with all of these spread offenses, maybe we need smaller, faster LBers........[QUOTE]

I don't think there is any question that is the trend with so many teams playing the spread. Most LBs in FBS are trending towards SS size, except at MLB/ILB. No question we are undersized at that position, however.

What is more of a concern is the fact that we have only 5 scholarship LBs in the upper classmen. The "piss/poor" recruiting has really hurt that position which is probably why Bohl brought in four high school LBs on scholarhip in this class plus signing two JUCOs. Willie Mack's lazy recruiting has really hurt this part of the team, it is unfortunate Bohl gave him total control of recruiting for that side of the ball.

I suppose having only 15/16 schollies to work with every year, makes it difficult to recruit more than 2-3/year. But having said that, you're right, we should have more upperclass LBers.

It just seems odd that we played DJ at LB last year when we had these other LBers on the roster.

They must not have been very good or else they would have been in there. It goes back to recruiting.....if a senior/junior goes down there should be another junior/soph or even a RFR ready to step in.

The last 2 yrs have sucked, plain and simple. Bison teams should reload year after year....not have yrs like the last 2.

BisonNeil
08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I looked at the 2010 roster a little more closely and made some comparisons to last year's roster regarding weights. Some observations, some of which have already been noted, others not:

OL
Most have obviously gotten larger.
Lund 287>300
Austin 319>326
Jacobs 279>284
Jerve 276>291
Beckius 279>299
The rest have not changed.

DL
Some very interesting changes.
Gratzek 278>289
Phillips 276>282
Gimmestad 299<284 (more muscle, less fat?)
Perry 255>269
Juckem 235>262
Luecke 238>255
Boyer 255<246 (?????)

Perhaps the most disappointing from my perspective is that Cole Jirik hasn't changed at all, still only 215, too light to contribute in my opinion. Tough to compete at that weight.

TE
This may the position in which the strength and conditioning program has had the biggest impact.
Nelson 236>256
Vaadeland 230>245
Smith 234>239
Vetter 215>238

I can't understand why Veldman is going backwards, 252 last year, down to 244. I thought he looked marginally strong for a DI TE last year given his 6'7" frame and now he is down 8 lbs. I hope this isn't a dedication issue.

On the other hand, maybe they are moving Veldman to WR? Many of the WRs are gaining weight:
Powell-Calhoun 203>223
Duchscher 193>194
Wahlo Jr 175>193
Williams 172>185
Mack 168>170

Holloway and Howard both lost a couple of pounds.

As far as the backs are concerned, not a lot of change. DJ is still around 200 but Sigers and Voitlander both gained about 10 lbs. Jose grew an inch and lost a pound. I thought he looked to thin last year :(

BisoninNWMN
08-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Mohler still 177 or 176. That is too small, IMO, to make it thru a season unscathed. He is going to take some hits and some extra muscle would help absorb some punishment.

If Brock has the offense down, I believe he will be in the starting line-up sometime this year. Nothing against Jose but his bodyweight could be an issue.....unless the OL doesn't let anyone thru all year....:nod:

Maybe I'm being to picky about his weight but he likes to run out of the pocket and LBers are definitely going to hit him when he takes off.

DjKyRo
08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
DL
Juckem 235>262

:eek: :D :nod:

westnodak93bison
08-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Mohler still 177 or 176. That is too small, IMO, to make it thru a season unscathed. He is going to take some hits and some extra muscle would help absorb some punishment.

If Brock has the offense down, I believe he will be in the starting line-up sometime this year. Nothing against Jose but his bodyweight could be an issue.....unless the OL doesn't let anyone thru all year....:nod:

Maybe I'm being to picky about his weight but he likes to run out of the pocket and LBers are definitely going to hit him when he takes off.

I agree. Jose should be about 190lb by now. I wonder about his dedication with his training program- both weights and nutrition. Gaining 13-15 lbs in two years should be easy for a 18-21yr old guy imho.

Mr. Burgundy
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Most of the team is already here. Some will report on Wednesday. Don't panic over weights on a roster at this point. We will find out this week who can play and who can't. I can promise you one thing, it isn't like we are going to allow a kid to play if he isn't dedicated in the off season. Most of the freshman were here all summer, there is alot of leadership coming up on this team.

SDbison
08-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Most of the team is already here. Some will report on Wednesday. Don't panic over weights on a roster at this point. We will find out this week who can play and who can't. I can promise you one thing, it isn't like we are going to allow a kid to play if he isn't dedicated in the off season. Most of the freshman were here all summer, there is alot of leadership coming up on this team.
Amen to that....about friggin time!

bisonpride4ever
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
any news or info on Andrew Grothman? Will he be able to make an impact and contribute this season?

HerdBot
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=BisonNeil;382853][QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;382809]Looking at the roster, LBs in particular, it seems we have undersized LBs.

But then again, with all of these spread offenses, maybe we need smaller, faster LBers........

I suppose having only 15/16 schollies to work with every year, makes it difficult to recruit more than 2-3/year. But having said that, you're right, we should have more upperclass LBers.

It just seems odd that we played DJ at LB last year when we had these other LBers on the roster.

They must not have been very good or else they would have been in there. It goes back to recruiting.....if a senior/junior goes down there should be another junior/soph or even a RFR ready to step in.

The last 2 yrs have sucked, plain and simple. Bison teams should reload year after year....not have yrs like the last 2.

I think it's actually the opposite since the MVC has most teams running the spread. Speed is more important than size and bulk.

Minneapolis Jack
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Terry V is tweeting the MVC media day tele-conference. twitter.com/terryvandrovec

This is what he grabbed about NDSU

Craig Bohl says that NDSU has questions at QB, RB and offensive line. Also, pass-efficiency defense need to be markedly better.

Not really surprising except that I thought NDSU's O-Line would be solid this year. How many starters did you lose from last year? 1? 2?

OldBison
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Terry V is tweeting the MVC media day tele-conference. twitter.com/terryvandrovec

This is what he grabbed about NDSU

Not really surprising except that I thought NDSU's O-Line would be solid this year. How many starters did you lose from last year? 1? 2?

I think the starters are very solid but I think depth is the question mark.

Assuming Anderson starts at one OG position that means that most of the back ups that can potentially contribute are walk ons (McGregor, Britt, Beckius). Although there is a possibility some RFr could contribute at tackle (Jacobs and Jerve), the fact remains the back up situation in the OL is very iffy, the product of yet more disasterous recruiting by Bohl. :ranting:

BigBison99
08-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Juckem 235>262
:(

Holy smokes! What has he been eating? Isn't 27lbs... a lot for summer?

westnodak93bison
08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Holy smokes! What has he been eating? Isn't 27lbs... a lot for summer?

I think that was from last fall to this summer.

BigBison99
08-03-2010, 12:45 AM
ha. good call! It was a long day at work

TheBisonator
08-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Josh Gatlin will have a stellar season this year??

ndsubison1
08-03-2010, 04:05 AM

I think he will too. I will go as far as he will be MVC All-Conference

DjKyRo
08-03-2010, 04:36 AM

Did you read any of the spring practice reports?? :confused:

TheBisonator
08-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Did you read any of the spring practice reports?? :confused:

Not really...

(feel free to shun me):hide:

DjKyRo
08-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Not really...

(feel free to shun me):hide:

Then go back and read them before you start thinking you're the only one who likes a certain athlete! :pan: :p