PDA

View Full Version : New Commercial

DjKyRo
07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Just got posted on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=698145718493

Sorta cool.

SDbison
07-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Is it on youtube yet? Friggin IT yo yo's at work monitor and log me everytime....."social networking". At least they are not onto Bisonville yet!

DjKyRo
07-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Can't find it on Youtube. :(

Tatanka
07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Nice !

Too many shots with blue :banghead: seats though... :mad:

Bison"FANatic"
07-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Nice !

Too many shots with blue :banghead: seats though... :mad:

I didn't get that at all from it.

onbison09
07-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Pretty solid effort IMO

Tatanka
07-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I didn't get that at all from it.

No, it's an awesome commercial. Just really, really, really hate the blue seats in teh dome. stands out like a sore thumb.

Scooter1
07-29-2010, 06:36 PM
So... we aren't going to shoot the commercial at Best Buy????

bisonmike2
07-29-2010, 06:38 PM
will have to wait until it hits youtube. Doesn't NDSU have a youtube channel? why wouldn't they release it there at the same time?

GradBison
07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Not impressed. 6/10.

lakesbison
07-29-2010, 07:04 PM
NEW AD runs on FOX TV 8/2 at 9pm NEWS and 9:30 Raymond (gotta get the blue hairs to the game, ha ha ha)

It runs from 8/2 til 1st game. so hopefully that sells 500-1000 season tickets to get us over 10,000

This is what I was told when I sold them the advertising.

ps- Obviously its on Cable & KVLY & WDAY. my question is what is KFGO going to do to promote them??

mebisonII
07-29-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd give it maybe ~7/10. Some nice shots and editing. I'm not sure that "The 6th largest city in ND!" is really that great of a tagline to hang a whole commercial on. Woo-hoo, we're more bigtime than Dickinson! That tagline drags it down a point or two in my book.

HerdBot
07-29-2010, 07:45 PM
LOVE IT! Great theme!

tony
07-29-2010, 08:01 PM
It shows clips of Bison football action...

Seriously, what more does it need to be head and shoulders above any other 30-second clip on North Dakota TV?

"It made me want to hit some fool so hard that his mom would blow a snot bubble," raved Joe Mays of the Philadelphia Eagles

MHDBisonfan
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Average.

I still think they need to emphasize the whole game day experience more. I don't get why they can't get a great airiel shot of the huge tailgating experience from a camera at the top of the dome. it was hard to get a feel for what exactly i was watching...."i thought i saw something, but I'm not sure what it was" each cut was about 1 second tops, its hard to digest what i was even looking at.

that being said, it was way better than the dirty dishes.

edit: after rewatching a few times, yeah, the empty seats stick out. and if you're going to put in a pic of the inflatable helmet, why wouldn't you do it during pregame when the helmet is in the corner and there are fans around it? Its a pic of the helmet in the middle of the end zone with no fans whatsoever - like on a friday night lets practice and make sure this thing blows up properly before we use it for real tomorrow.

bisonmike2
07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Average.

I still think they need to emphasize the whole game day experience more. I don't get why they can't get a great airiel shot of the huge tailgating experience from a camera at the top of the dome. it was hard to get a feel for what exactly i was watching...."i thought i saw something, but I'm not sure what it was" each cut was about 1 second tops, its hard to digest what i was even looking at.

that being said, it was way better than the dirty dishes.

I was just going to ask if it had dirty dishes again. Kinda wish they would have done a follow up to that one

"Bison Game Day 2: F*ck the Laundry!"

Notorious
07-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Average????....the transitions are way too fast....but, it's better than nothing.

Bison55
07-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree it's average. the transitions are way to fast, plus I also think the tailgating pics would be cool.

mebisonII
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Average????....the transitions are way too fast....but, it's better than nothing.

Yeah, on a second watch...I nearly had a seizure. Must be getting old. :blush:

I actually think it would be kind of cool to work in a single longer clip for a companion commercial. Like the full final score of the SHSU game a few years ago...lay the right music behind it and try to capture the suspense of the play and the celebration afterwards. Maybe longer clips expose the dark cavern that is the FFD too much though...

I like the idea of including tailgating as well.

Bisonguy
07-29-2010, 08:57 PM

If it's any consolation, it was shot with cameras from Best Buy. :hide:

Tatanka
07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
The dark forces must be keeping the tailgating scene out of the ad. Which is a damn shame.

EndZoneQB
07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Is it on youtube yet? Friggin IT yo yo's at work monitor and log me everytime....."social networking". At least they are not onto Bisonville yet!

First rule of any job: become friends with the IT department. Use them just like they were used throughout grade school :)

Tatanka
07-29-2010, 09:11 PM
First rule of any job: become friends with the IT department. Use them just like they were used throughout grade school :)

Hey now. I resemble that!

WYOBISONMAN
07-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Its OK......nothing stunning.

EndZoneQB
07-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey now. I resemble that!

Haha, I have an IT background myself, and I use it to my advantage a lot lol The only people with more access than the boss? The IT guys!

Tatanka
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Haha, I have an IT background myself, and I use it to my advantage a lot lol The only people with more access than the boss? The IT guys!

Only if they're smart IT guys!!! ;)

Swany
07-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I agree with whoever said they almost had a seizure. Not sure why you want to show 1,212 pictures in a thirty second spot. There is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too much going on in that ad. It's thirty seconds. What is the focus? That we can show a picture of every fan that attended a game last year?

I might be a homer, simpson, but this ad is not good. The presentation is nice, but, again, to echo some previous posters, I don't like the message: North Dakota is small.

Watch it again. Do you walk away saying, boy, those Bison are STRONG. Or do you walk away thinking, hmm, 19k in the Dome and it's the 6th largest city in N.D. Boy, I guess N.D. really is a small state. Right? Insert any random speech by Don Draper on why an ad isn't as good as it could be.

When we have 19,000 people in the Dome we are the 6th largest city in the State. Okay, that's true. But is that really the message you want people walking away with? It's one thing when Lincoln, Nebraska can boast that the population of Lincoln grows exponentially on Husker game days. So, what? When ACDC was in the Dome was the Dome the 5th largest city? Maybe the 4th? It does beat the dirty dishes and laundry ad.

Maybe they should just play the video they run before the game with Thunderstruck. I can't believe NDSU paid a marketing/ad firm in town major money to make this ad.

jacks1
07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd put it in the same category as the 'Get Jacked' video. Both are probably average at best...but certainly better than nothing.

TbonZach
07-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Personally I liked :07 and :11. ;)

North Side
07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Its OK......nothing stunning.

I am with Wyo its average really think they could have put some bison football highlights in this and not just 200 random flashing photos!

Twentysix
07-29-2010, 11:30 PM

i dont get it. Flashing photos appeal to young people. Get your reading glasses on you old cogers.

TransAmBison
07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
So, if we don't get 19k this year, will this be the last year for the current marketing dept? :D

OrygunBison
07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow. That wasn't very good. Only slightly better than nothing. Won't fill the dome.

Tatanka
07-30-2010, 02:17 AM
So, if we don't get 19k this year, will this be the last year for the current marketing dept? :D

I see what you did there.

And we can only hope. Although I would much rather see the 19k.

Bisonguy
07-30-2010, 02:32 AM
I would much rather see zero blue seats than 19k. No red seats for that matter, either.

Tatanka
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I would much rather see zero blue seats than 19k. No red seats for that matter, either.

how can you see anything what with teh substandard lighting, mr. fancycamera? :)

Bisonguy
07-30-2010, 02:35 AM
how can you see anything what with teh substandard lighting, mr. fancycamera? :)

Nightvision goggles.

bisonmike2
07-30-2010, 02:37 AM
well I just watched it. what the hell just happened? I think I just had a bison epileptic seizure. It was okay, but I'm not really down with the the Fargodome becoming the 6th largest city thing. First of all that doesn't really sound impressive. If it were the top 5, maybe, but the 6th, who cares. And is it really a city? No, it's a gathering of people not a municipality.

Tatanka
07-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Nightvision goggles.

HA! if you had night vision goggles everything would look green, with the exception of TAB's exceptionally white legs, which would probably cause you to have to take them off, kind of like in Silence of the Lambs.

On second thought, you may have just discovered a solution for those damn blue seats after all: no lighting whatsoever and free night vision goggles for all.

Bisonguy
07-30-2010, 02:55 AM
HA! if you had night vision goggles everything would look green, with the exception of TAB's exceptionally white legs, which would probably cause you to have to take them off, kind of like in Silence of the Lambs.

On second thought, you may have just discovered a solution for those damn blue seats after all: no lighting whatsoever and free night vision goggles for all.

They still look empty, no matter the color.

sambini
07-30-2010, 03:15 AM
It was+++++++++++++ imo

Twentysix
07-30-2010, 04:48 AM
I feel like bisonville has a whole has the attention span of a carrot.

If this advetisment is subpar or average, then last years was horrendous. They hung dirty laundry on a billboard and called that advertising. 10 minutes with a donkey and a video camera and I could of done better.

Also, I have to agree the 6th largest city thing just makes ND sound even shittier Seriously we only have 5 cities bigger than 19000(How about like 19000 fans, #1 attendance in the MoValley or #1 sport attendance in the state of North Dakota etc.)? Thats pathetic, No one wants to be reminded they cheer for something pathetic, Lions fans dont wanna hear how bad they are.

I guess we can be happy that they didnt use any of these angles.

"No where to go but up, LAST SEASONS RECORD: 3-8"

"Free Electronics for Football players: Best Buy"

"Getting worse with Division I recruits"

"Analogy: 1976 Oakland Raiders = 1980's Bison; Current day Oakland Raiders = Current Day Bison"

Give me 900 photos and 12 seconds of air time and Ill entertain all Sever cases of ADHD, but apparently no one who can sit through a football game. :D

TheBisonator
07-30-2010, 04:59 AM
It was better than last year's, which isn't saying much.

mebisonII
07-30-2010, 05:13 AM
"Nowhere to go but up!" would be an awesome theme. Of course, that would also be tempting fate to prove us wrong.

Civil06
07-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Commercial was ok. I like the new posters. DJ is on the football poster (much to 4m's chagrin) and the full court shot of the BBF* makes a pretty cool volleyball poster.

*Although the poster calls it the Bentson Bunker Madhouse

MNLonghorn10
07-30-2010, 01:43 PM
it beats last years..

"got somewhere to go? got somethin to do? have to have surgery? IT CAN WAIT! BISON FOOTBALL IS HERE...for tickets call 231-NDSU!"

Tatanka
07-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Commercial was ok. I like the new posters. DJ is on the football poster (much to 4m's chagrin) and the full court shot of the BBF* makes a pretty cool volleyball poster.

*Although the poster calls it the Bentson Bunker Madhouse

Actually, Madhouse works for me. It's pretty much the truth. :nod:

Now, if I was in charge of marketing at NDSU, I'd make these posters available as Windows backgrounds, PDFs, etc. People would gladly download these and maybe even print them up on their own. Basically use other mediums besides print. Cost = $0.00 Benefit = additional exposure. I'll file that in my library of Simple NDSU Marketing Ideas, under "DUH".

bisonmike2
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I feel like bisonville has a whole has the attention span of a carrot.

If this advetisment is subpar or average, then last years was horrendous. They hung dirty laundry on a billboard and called that advertising. 10 minutes with a donkey and a video camera and I could of done better.

Also, I have to agree the 6th largest city thing just makes ND sound even shittier Seriously we only have 5 cities bigger than 19000(How about like 19000 fans, #1 attendance in the MoValley or #1 sport attendance in the state of North Dakota etc.)? Thats pathetic, No one wants to be reminded they cheer for something pathetic, Lions fans dont wanna hear how bad they are.

I guess we can be happy that they didnt use any of these angles.

"No where to go but up, LAST SEASONS RECORD: 3-8"

"Free Electronics for Football players: Best Buy"

"Getting worse with Division I recruits"

"Analogy: 1976 Oakland Raiders = 1980's Bison; Current day Oakland Raiders = Current Day Bison"

Give me 900 photos and 12 seconds of air time and Ill entertain all Sever cases of ADHD, but apparently no one who can sit through a football game. :D

Very good points. I like the idea of #1 in MWFC attendance wish they would have used it. I guess it beats them throwing up graphics like
"Arrest down 45% from last year!"

aces1180
07-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Scream Yellow!

TransAmBison
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Scream Yellow!
Not only endorsed by the coach, but he "participated" in it as well.*

*Some would say it wasn't him.**
**Some would be wrong.

GradBison
07-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Scream Yellow!

Thankfully youtube didn't exist back then or that campaign would be even more haunting.

SDbison
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
On youtube yet?
I don't do facebook........people my age on facebook are creepy.

mebisonII
07-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Actually, Madhouse works for me. It's pretty much the truth. :nod:

Now, if I was in charge of marketing at NDSU, I'd make these posters available as Windows backgrounds, PDFs, etc. People would gladly download these and maybe even print them up on their own. Basically use other mediums besides print. Cost = $0.00 Benefit = additional exposure. I'll file that in my library of Simple NDSU Marketing Ideas, under "DUH".

:nod: mebisonII has been known to hang up NDSU propoganda in the heart of Hawkeye land, and downloadable free stuff certainly fits my budget.

GradBison
07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
On youtube yet?
I don't do facebook........people my age on facebook are creepy.

Sorry SD, but no youtube yet.

Looks like there was a failed attempt to upload it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvL535Bp21Q (the music is the same minus the seizure inducing flashing of photos) I've contacted them and let them know.

mebisonII
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
At the risk of being banned from BV, I actually thought the laundry campaign had potential...the "Drop everything and get to the game!" idea is good. Unfortunately, it came off a little more as, "Ho hum. I guess we can go to the game and finish this up later."

Also...scream yellow was awesome :) To this day, neither my wife or I can say the word "yellow" outloud without following it up with "Yelloooooooow!" Makes for some awkard moments around my co-workers though. :(

TransAmBison
07-30-2010, 06:15 PM
At the risk of being banned from BV, I actually thought the laundry campaign had potential...the "Drop everything and get to the game!" idea is good. Unfortunately, it came off a little more as, "Ho hum. I guess we can go to the game and finish this up later."

Also...scream yellow was awesome :) To this day, neither my wife or I can say the word "yellow" outloud without following it up with "Yelloooooooow!" Makes for some awkard moments around my co-workers though. :(
It is fun getting your wife to scream...but yellow has never been what she screamed with me. :hide: :D

mebisonII
07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
It is fun getting your wife to scream...but yellow has never been what she screamed with me. :hide: :D

Yeah, she told me about that. I guess she screamed "Stop rummaging through mebison's underwear drawer and get out of my house, you perv!"

I'm an attractive man, but try to have a little self-control, TAB. :smh:

JSUBison
07-30-2010, 06:33 PM
I'd say there are at least 10-15 people on bisonville that could put together a better commercial than that.

The_Sicatoka
07-30-2010, 06:41 PM
From the outsider's POV, you've had better in the recent past. It's not bad, but you've had better.

OrygunBison
07-30-2010, 07:43 PM
From the outsider's POV, you've had better in the recent past. It's not bad, but you've had better.

How is the "Horton Hears a Fighting Who" marketing campaign going up north?

56BISON73
07-30-2010, 08:20 PM

Was it to the tune of WHERE THE HELL IS THE PENICILLIN???? :D

Twentysix
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmzgAFKgDI&feature=related

Can we please top this commercial next year... FFS.

sambini
08-05-2010, 02:32 AM

That is really good thanks 26.

SDbison
08-05-2010, 03:04 AM

Shiii.........we have a long ways to go. The crap NDSU has been putting out sucks. BTW, did the latest Bison footbal commercial make it to youtube yet? Don't know if i want to see it after watching Montana's.

SlickVic
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
When was it last year when they had those where will you be when the laundry needs to be done ads? Wtf is wrong whose in charge of this stuff even the billboards are lame

DjKyRo
08-05-2010, 04:38 AM
It's available on the gobison.com media player, second most recent option. Media player can be found here: http://www.gobison.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?SPSID=&type=vod&SPID=&CLIP_ID=708400&id=717914&ATCLID=&oemid=2400&DB_MENU_ID=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&CLIP_FILE_ID=717914

EDIT: Hey, it IS on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

SDbison
08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's available on the gobison.com media player, second most recent option. Media player can be found here: http://www.gobison.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?SPSID=&type=vod&SPID=&CLIP_ID=708400&id=717914&ATCLID=&oemid=2400&DB_MENU_ID=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&CLIP_FILE_ID=717914

Thanks for the first link........not the second one! :ranting:

THEsocalledfan
08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
That sucked. Sorry, but the truth hurts. Bison strong? What the heck does that mean? 2/10

BlueBisonRock
08-05-2010, 09:33 PM
That sucked. Sorry, but the truth hurts. Bison strong? What the heck does that mean? 2/10

Army Strong. Live Strong. #### Strong. Lots of meaning in each of those.

#### - last name from my son's neon green lymphoma bracelet redacted to keep rabid 'who' fans from stalking SE MN.

A1pigskin
08-07-2010, 10:12 PM

I was not able to play it.