PDA

View Full Version : Justin Kline to Transfer

baseballfan7
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Per Ryan Deal of the Aberdeen News, he reported on his twitter that Justin Kline will transfer to Presentation College in Aberdeen.

http://twitter.com/writeondeal

lakesbison
07-28-2010, 11:11 PM
holy shit. . .

baseballfan7
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
holy shit. . .

My thoughts exactly. Not sure of the reason behind him transferring, but his dad is the AD there and it is home for him. He also gets free tutition there. He had originally committed to play there before he got the offer from us.

ndsubison1
07-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Wow. This is bad, bad news. Maybe it's because of his injury. He was one of our top two hitters and an excellent catcher. Terrible news. Well, I wish him the best!

jeffdaryl3rd
07-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, I have to say I'm disappointed with this development. I know he's going home and his dad is the AD there, but it still doesn't sit well with me at all. After having been a starter for two years and coming to be relied upon by everybody in the program, bouncing out and heading home to play for a D-III school speaks to both his passion for baseball and his character and willingness to live up to responsibility and commitments. Unless there is some critical family issue he has to deal with, this is otherwise unfathomable.

lakesbison
08-01-2010, 03:38 PM
so I heard from a redhawks bison player (1 of 3 for your guesses) he said he thought Kline was dating katie birkel from the bball team and they broke up. So I could dig him leaving to help his father, but cmon dude, because of a girl? (and yes I had this verified by a womens bball player before someone (tony) gets mad at me.

correct me if its wrong and ill delete it

JackJD
08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
For those who do not live in Aberdeen, there's a snide comment/joke that continually circulates that an unusually high number of Aberdeen athletes who go away to college usually return to Aberdeen and NSU (now, Presentation College, too?) after one or two years. And it isn't because they don't do well where they're transferring from.

Perhaps that's a testament to Aberdeen and a strong pull to return "home". No doubt each case is unique but there are some notable examples (one that jumps to mind when I read the name "Kline" was basketball standout Eric Kline who was hotly recruited many years ago (grad from high school in about 1991) and decided to play for Augustana College. He shot three-pointers like it was nobody's business. But, after a year, transferred home and played at NSU. And, there are many other examples.

When Taylor Melhaff was recruited to kick for the Wisconsin Badgers are few years ago, we joked that after a year, Northern State would have an outstanding kicker with Big 10 game experience. Of course, we were wrong -- Melhaff had an outstanding career with the Badgers and still has a shot at landing with a pro team somewhere. But, it just shows that the transfers have happened often enough that people make the joke.

The Bison lost a good one with Kline's defection. It seems there are more defections for all kinds of reasons in D-I.

baseballfan7
08-03-2010, 12:01 PM
In todays Aberdeen American News Just Kline there was an article that made it sound like Kline was leaving for academic reasons. He mentioned he wanted to focus on school and get a degree.

“I always wanted to play Division I baseball and I was fortunate enough to have that opportunity,” Kline said. “Now I kind of put some things into perspective, and I guess the reason why I came back is so I could get focused on my schooling and get my degree when it is all said and done.”

http://aberdeennews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100803/SPORTS/8030319/-1/sports

loney23
09-25-2010, 06:28 AM
I actually know kline really well and when i asked him why he left he was pretty straight foward about it and no it wasn't because of his old girlfriend katie birkle. I asked him about the newspaper write up too and he's not the type of person to start bashing people to the press. after reading the article I thought it sounded pretty professional. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. do you really think an all-american baseball player would have left for academic reasons when from what i heard we wasn't struggeling too badly in the classroom?
I heard that he had thought about going back to aberdeen at semester time last year but stuck it out until the end of the year. He told me he didn't didn't get along with lifting instructer or the coach. I think it would be pretty tough to stay at a school and play for someone you didn't get along with for two more years. He also told me that they have two other good catchers. so maybe he won't be missed too badly after all.
I think football might have had something to do with him leaving too. I know he loved the game and was an all-state reciever and punter. a lot of people thought he was going to go punt somewhere big but apparently he wanted to play baseball.
It will be interesting to see where he ends up though. presentation college this semester. i wouldn't be suprised about sdsu next semester...

ndsubison1
09-25-2010, 06:30 AM
He wont be missed? He was arguably our best hitter. oh well if this is what he wants i wish him well. just seems weird for one of our best players to just up and leave like that