PDA

View Full Version : JUCO's

bisontwice
07-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Just a question regarding JUCO's. Have we had any that have really panned out as advertised or had a major impact on the field of paly. I recall some that have contributed but none in a major way.

rutlandbison
07-23-2010, 04:02 AM
Just a question regarding JUCO's. Have we had any that have really panned out as advertised or had a major impact on the field of paly. I recall some that have contributed but none in a major way.
the only guy I remember is Christian Dallas and he only made a little contribution

AEBison1998
07-23-2010, 04:24 AM
I don't think that is fair. We've had a lot of guys who have played well for us from a Juco. They at least have given solid performances and minutes.

John Richardson
Yuen T.
Dwight Sumerville (nearly stopped Montana by himself in the second half!)
Travis Ware
Josh Gatlin
Mike Brown
AJ Cooper
Pat Paschall
Titus Mack (I have expectations for him to be good this year...we'll see.)

I know what you are saying...there has been a lot of disappointments, but we've had some success too.

bisontwice
07-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Not trying to slam the JUCO's as my memory is being refreshed by some of these names. Just seems they come in with a lot of hype and don't live up to it. Was PP a JUCO or transfer?

DjKyRo
07-23-2010, 04:57 AM
The triumph of Paschall far outweighs the slip of Forbes, etc. in my mind (not to mention the other good JUCOs we've had).

HerdBot
07-23-2010, 05:03 AM

Paschall was technically a JUCO even though we got 3 years out of him. Dwight Summerville, Alvin Robinson come to mind as great lineman. Rodney Thompson was good. AJ Cooper was a great TE. Richardson was a great corner. Christian Dallas was a solid player.

Over Bohl's tenure we've done a great job with JUCO's supplementing our D-Line but LATELY we've sort of fallen off. Let's hope Titus Mack, Josh Gatlin, Boen Anderson, and the rest of the guys can keep the great tradition going.

Not sure why but it seems like Juco's get injured, get in trouble, or don't make the grades lately.

Seems like NDSCS is a great place for Juco's because they are already comfortable living in the area and Wahpeton is only an hour from here but we lose out to FBS schools too often. NDSCS reminds me... Richard Lewis!

BisonNeil
07-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I think the JUCOs have contributed. I am hoping we can add Boyd to that list at the end of this season.

Notorious
07-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I've brought this up before, but why is it that we never seem to get a BCS drop-out that contributes? I think JUCOs have been decent over the years, but we never seem to get an impact player moving down. Is it a philosophy of Bohl's to not get these type of guys, or is there something we are missing? You would think we could pick up some Midwest guys (Big 10/12)...

BisonNeil
07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I've brought this up before, but why is it that we never seem to get a BCS drop-out that contributes? I think JUCOs have been decent over the years, but we never seem to get an impact player moving down. Is it a philosophy of Bohl's to not get these type of guys, or is there something we are missing? You would think we could pick up some Midwest guys (Big 10/12)...

I've wondered the same thing. Hopefully Tyler Westpahl will be the first of many great transfers.

ndsubison1
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
John Richardson contributed pretty well. Titus Mack showed some flashes last year and will be a viable backup this season. I'm expecting Josh Gatlin to have a big year for us.

semobison
07-24-2010, 08:15 PM
If you can pick up 2 or 3 Juco's a year who contribute, maybe plug a hole here and there, thats great! It has worked for us in the past!

Mr. Burgundy
07-25-2010, 01:02 PM
John Richardson contributed pretty well. Titus Mack showed some flashes last year and will be a viable backup this season. I'm expecting Josh Gatlin to have a big year for us.

I agree. I think Gatlin is the stud in our secondary. He was lights out in Spring Ball and is finally healthy. He had a tough first year with injuries and tried to play through them. He is a physical beast.

OldBison
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I agree. I think Gatlin is the stud in our secondary. He was lights out in Spring Ball and is finally healthy. He had a tough first year with injuries and tried to play through them. He is a physical beast.

I don't see his old teammate Boyd on the roster. Any news on him? Is he coming? We could use another tall and fast CB.

VanClubPres
07-26-2010, 04:09 AM

yes to this. nothing further.