PDA

View Full Version : McNorton ready to carry the load as next Bison tailback

Swany
07-22-2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=178

Excerpt: "Polasek summed up the high profile nature of the running back spot at NDSU in a single sentence. “What they are competing for is to be the guy on the poster. At the start of every fall, I’ll go through a bunch of comments I hear in the community about our group, …” began Polasek. Let me hit the pause button real quick. ..."

Enjoy!

Bisonguy
07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Great read and some awesome photos! :cheers:

tjbison
07-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Great read and some awesome photos! :cheers:

I wonder who took them:confused:

HandoEX
07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Gotta love this kid. He works so hard and deserves to be the #1 tailback going into fall camp. At practice this spring, he was the leader among backs and always the first one done with drills. No one outworks DJ and I hope he explodes this fall.

lakesbison
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
GO DJ... you're my DJ.

Kid has FINALLY been given the green light to lead this offense.

CANNOT WAIT!!

wheres the OL ball coach at??

DjKyRo
07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
DJ's going to be a pimp this year. He's shown flashes of brilliances in a second fiddle role for the past two years and finally gets the starting job, I'm pumped.

Herd Mentality
07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
:blush:

D(ance &) J(ive) ... hopefully this means he's learned how to hit the hole...

DjKyRo
07-22-2010, 07:37 PM

I never thought his running style was that big of an issue - he had some particularly great runs at SDSU (where he scored right before the half) among others, but in spring ball at least he seemed to lose a bit of the hesitation and hit the hole harder than he did the past two seasons I saw him. broke off a number of monster runs and really looked good.

OrygunBison
07-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I never thought his running style was that big of an issue - he had some particularly great runs at SDSU (where he scored right before the half) among others, but in spring ball at least he seemed to lose a bit of the hesitation and hit the hole harder than he did the past two seasons I saw him. broke off a number of monster runs and really looked good.

Most of my Bison FB experience the last few years has been watching on TV or online so take my comments with that in mind, please.

DJ's dancing in the backfield has been really frustrating to watch for me. I remember being so very fired up to see him in person at the Wyoming game (granted, his freshman year) and watching him miss great opportunities because the timing was way off due to the DJ Shuffle. From what I could tell, last year's running was a very big improvement. I am sure that this year will be his breakout.

So pumped for the season and wish that I could be there with you guys!!!

MHDBisonfan
07-22-2010, 08:11 PM

This is the big double edged sword isn't it?!

RunDMc34
07-22-2010, 10:57 PM

sometimes i wonder if people watched our team the 2nd half of last season... maybe i was just too drunk to remember but i thought mcnorton was perfectly fine at hitting the hole from the midseason point on.

I think people think back to a couple of games his freshman year and want to label him as a guy who dances in the backfield:banghead:

BadlandsBison
07-23-2010, 12:27 AM
sometimes i wonder if people watched our team the 2nd half of last season... maybe i was just too drunk to remember but i thought mcnorton was perfectly fine at hitting the hole from the midseason point on.

I think people think back to a couple of games his freshman year and want to label him as a guy who dances in the backfield:banghead:

I think Coach P has really turned him around from his freshman year. Last season DJ did a way better job hitting the hole, and he has great agility in the open field to miss tackles.

Kermit
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM

Agree. DJ can do it!

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I still have my doubts about DJ carrying the load......we'll see.

DjKyRo
07-23-2010, 01:50 AM
I still have my doubts about DJ carrying the load......we'll see.

FWIW he'll have Voigt, Sigers and Lang to disperse some of the load. I wouldn't have a problem with either of the former two having a spot as the "go-to" RB and Lang's no slouch either - and let's not forget about the possibility of Crockett, depending on what happens with his eligibility. RB is one of the several spots we are going to be just fine at.

AEBison1998
07-23-2010, 04:27 AM
I think Wes Hudson could play RB too as well as Ryan Smith if the injury bug really hit hard.

Except for pass blocking, I'm guessing RB is something that a young player could come in and play early.

Herd
07-23-2010, 05:31 AM
The glaring omission from the Freshman class roster on Gobison.com is Crockett, the guy with the most potential from this class IMO. What is his status? Is he a non-Qualifier? Does that mean he'll hit the roster next year as a RFr?

4mcruenomore
07-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Jake Miller, we missed out, he would pretty much own McNorton. Congrats. UND on that one, good one Bohl.

ndsubison1
07-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Most of my Bison FB experience the last few years has been watching on TV or online so take my comments with that in mind, please.

DJ's dancing in the backfield has been really frustrating to watch for me. I remember being so very fired up to see him in person at the Wyoming game (granted, his freshman year) and watching him miss great opportunities because the timing was way off due to the DJ Shuffle. From what I could tell, last year's running was a very big improvement. I am sure that this year will be his breakout.

So pumped for the season and wish that I could be there with you guys!!!

Keep in my mind that was his RS frosh year. He is a different back since then. In spring ball he looked great. He looks like a different back. He hit the holes hard and looked more confident. Out of the good runs we've seen from him he looked like a stud. I feel he is more than capable to take over for Paschall. I'm excited to see him as the feature back

DjKyRo
07-23-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm excited to see him as the feature back

...for two years, potentially! :)

4mcruenomore
07-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Truth, he isn't really that good, I'm sorry.

ndsubison1
07-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Give it a rest. My God!

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2010, 11:35 AM

I agree!!

Hopefully I am wrong but IMO, he is too small and backs revert to their "old" tendencies, which for DJ is "dancing" behind the line.

We have many capable RBs and I am sure they all will get their carries.

IMO, Voigt is more of a every down back with the others coming in to give him a break. He hits the hole hard and fast.

Just win.....use them all!!

EndZoneQB
07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Jake Miller, we missed out, he would pretty much own McNorton. Congrats. UND on that one, good one Bohl.

Are you freaking kidding me???????????????? Not to mention, he's a FRESHMAN. Get out of your damn dream world where Bismarck players are god's gift to earth.

Truth, I thought you were a Bison fan. All you've done lately is bitch and complain about not getting your homo crush Jake Miller. If NDSU would have liked him, we would have TAKEN him...but they obviously saw something in him they didn't like...I'll trust them in the RB category...about the only thing we CAN count on for recruiting these days.

RedRiver
07-23-2010, 01:12 PM

You only need one RB from the state and Bohl got the better one in Ryan Smith.

Greenie
07-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Miller may be a good player, but NDSU has a track record of GREAT players at the RB position with Bohl.

Steffes
Roehl
Paschall

Also, with Polasek as the RB coach --- don't worry about whether the Bison are selecting the correct RB recruits.

Herd80
07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
GO DJ... you're my DJ.

Kid has FINALLY been given the green light to lead this offense.

CANNOT WAIT!!

wheres the OL ball coach at??

You had me at "you're my DJ"

steelbison
07-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Agree 100% People are selling Mcnorton short in my opinion.

I also love Voit and Sigers

RB we are loaded in my opinion!

Scooter1
07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
McNorton, Voitlander, Sigers...sounds like a three headed attack that will last for the next two years. It's hard to prepare for three diffenent styles of backs.

Vandal, Bruhn, Hushka, Grothman... looks like the FB spot is good also.

McNorton is going to have a great year. The kid stepped it up last year and did everything asked of him. It's his time to shine.

tjbison
07-23-2010, 05:57 PM
You only need one RB from the state and Bohl got the better one in Ryan Smith.

But he's not from Bismarck so he doesn't count:hide: ;)

HerdBot
07-23-2010, 06:55 PM

I think he's going to be great he's got better moves than anyone and has quicker. He's strong too. Yes as a freshman he danced too much but that was 2 years ago. I expect big things from DJ

HandoEX
07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he's going to be great he's got better moves than anyone and has quicker. He's strong too. Yes as a freshman he danced too much but that was 2 years ago. I expect big things from DJ

He was talking about Ryan Smith. Remember, 4m posts about 3 things and 3 things only....

1) Being from ND
2) His man crush on Jake Miller and how much better he is than Ryan Smith
3) His undying love for Esley Thorton

met1990
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
He was talking about Ryan Smith. Remember, 4m posts about 3 things and 3 things only....

1) Being from ND

4) his man crush on Lakes ;)

Kermit
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM

1) Being from ND

4) This is his last post. ;)

BisonNeil
07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking DJ isn't the man at RB. If Polasek picked him as the starting RB, that is good enough for me, because Tim rules as far as I am concerned. Polasek IS the MAN!

BlueBisonRock
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
4) This is his last post. ;)

Well, for that night! :D

bisonmike2
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I think McNorton's going to be great. And in terms of effort, I wish we had a an entire team of DJ's. This kid tried to do everything for us last year. He moved around all the time to give us a better chance to win.

Kermit
07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking DJ isn't the man at RB. If Polasek picked him as the starting RB, that is good enough for me, because Tim rules as far as I am concerned. Polasek IS the MAN!

This^^

I think McNorton's going to be great. And in terms of effort, I wish we had a an entire team of DJ's. This kid tried to do everything for us last year. He moved around all the time to give us a better chance to win.

and this^^!

RunDMc34
07-23-2010, 09:09 PM

We could definately use more mcnorton's and voit's... less johnson's and schultenover's

bisonhusker
07-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Exactly. Most people are judging him based on two years ago. He doesn't even look the same. His body has improved, his vision has improved, his feet have improved. If you watch him in practice, he is in a league of his own out there and he will have that chance to prove it too us very shortly. As Hando pointed out before me....he absolutely works harder than any other RB. His effort in drills is fun to watch. He is a leader. Good Luck DJ.

aces1180
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Exactly. Most people are judging him based on two years ago. He doesn't even look the same. His body has improved, his vision has improved, his feet have improved. If you watch him in practice, he is in a league of his own out there and he will have that chance to prove it too us very shortly. As Hando pointed out before me....he absolutely works harder than any other RB. His effort in drills is fun to watch. He is a leader. Good Luck DJ.

I also love his attitude, especially last year when they asked him to play LB...Great "team" guy.

bisonhusker
07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
We could definately use more mcnorton's and voit's... less johnson's and schultenover's

DJ gets us 8 yards on first, goes out and then Voit comes in and punishes you for a Bison first down. It is a treat to watch these guys playin RB for the Bison.

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I hope you all are right about DJ; I have my doubts about him but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

The MV is a tough hard-nose conference and we'll need all of our RBs this year.

If we can have a passing game to compliment our league leading running game, our offense will be very good.

GO BISON

DjKyRo
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I hope you all are right about DJ; I have my doubts about him but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

The MV is a tough hard-nose conference and we'll need all of our RBs this year.

If we can have a passing game to compliment our league leading running game, our offense will be very good.

GO BISON

I'm sure people had reservations about Roehl and Paschall when they took over for their respective precursors - Polasek hasn't let us down yet.

EndZoneQB
07-23-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm sure people had reservations about Roehl and Paschall when they took over for their respective precursors - Polasek hasn't let us down yet.

I'll be the first one to admit I wasn't real excited about Roehl being the TB and I played against him growing up. I knew he was a hard nosed kid, but wow, I never imagined!

Same with Paschall...I just didn't really see it in him...but looking back at his earlier highlights, I think I was naive in thinking he wouldn't get the job done. He really did have what it took.

DjKyRo
07-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I'll be the first one to admit I wasn't real excited about Roehl being the TB and I played against him growing up. I knew he was a hard nosed kid, but wow, I never imagined!

Same with Paschall...I just didn't really see it in him...but looking back at his earlier highlights, I think I was naive in thinking he wouldn't get the job done. He really did have what it took.

Exactly. Much as it is a testament to the athletes we've recruited it's a nod to the guy doing the coaching who's able to consistently get guys ready to take the spotlight. I'd be very surprised if in two years Sigers/Smith/Crockett/whoever isn't getting this same discussion and blows up.

EndZoneQB
07-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Exactly. Much as it is a testament to the athletes we've recruited it's a nod to the guy doing the coaching who's able to consistently get guys ready to take the spotlight. I'd be very surprised if in two years Sigers/Smith/Crockett/whoever isn't getting this same discussion and blows up.

It also shows that the O-line is getting the job done too! If we didn't have those beefy bulldozers out there, no RB would be getting the job done!

HandoEX
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
It also shows that the O-line is getting the job done too! If we didn't have those beefy bulldozers out there, no RB would be getting the job done!

^^^:nod:^^^

SDbison
07-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Wow. Bisonville is smoking the funny stuff and / or drinking the kool-aid. I will reserve judgment until I see the whole offensive package deliver consistently. For the past two years the passing game and the running game were inconsistent. Often not getting the first downs and going 3 and out. Let's see if the offensive package, the QB and the line / RB's are up to the challenge this year. Big disappointment for the past two years and the end of three years ago. That loss 3 years ago gave SDSU the momentum to be where they are today. NDSU lost all their momentum / confidence during that game.

Scooter1
07-24-2010, 04:00 AM
So...Steffes, Roel and Paschall didn't get the job done in consecutive years?:confused:

The offensive line will be just fine. And...I'm not concerned about the 2 or three guys that are going to spell them, either.:hide:

SDbison
07-24-2010, 04:11 AM
So...Steffes, Roel and Paschall didn't get the job done in consecutive years?:confused:

The offensive line will be just fine. And...I'm not concerned about the 2 or three guys that are going to spell them, either.:hide:
What was the won-loss record since the SDSU game 3 years ago......I rest my case.

Scooter1
07-24-2010, 05:27 AM
What was the won-loss record since the SDSU game 3 years ago......I rest my case.

Since the SDSU game 3 years ago I think it is Scooter1 5 SDbison 0:p

4mcruenomore
07-24-2010, 06:41 AM
McNorton hasn't done crap. Jake Miller would own him, and we will see when we play against him. If DJ is so great, do something.

ndsubison1
07-24-2010, 06:46 AM
DJ hasnt even had much of a chance to do something great. We've seen some good runs from him in the limited carries he's gotten as a BACKUP. I know the past performances of Paschall and Roehl have nothing to do with McNorton, but I think he will fill in fine. Voit and Sigers are capable backs too. I guess we'll see once the season comes around.

DjKyRo
07-24-2010, 07:50 AM
McNorton hasn't done crap. Jake Miller would own him, and we will see when we play against him. If DJ is so great, do something.

:rofl: :rolleyes:

TransAmBison
07-24-2010, 12:19 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Well if you can't beat em, join em. I guess BHS would destroy the bison this year. I cant believe you mortals think otherwise! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
BHS is looking at going right into the NFL...if they can find a worthy conference.

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Until we miss on a bunch of RB's you have to believe that our recruiters know what to look for in a RB. The history speaks for its self!!!

Res ipsa loquitur

BisoninNWMN
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Until we miss on a bunch of RB's you have to believe that our recruiters know what to look for in a RB. The history speaks for its self!!!

Res ipsa loquitur

True.

I just have skepticism about DJ being our "feature" back. His past performances have not been very stellar, to say the least. His dancing and movement behind the line has been his "Achilles heel". Maybe he is a totally different back now, I do not know. We'll see when the season starts.

tjbison
07-24-2010, 02:07 PM

Jake miller hasn't done crap either!! We will see when he plays against some real competition;)

EndZoneQB
07-24-2010, 03:51 PM

Jake Miller has done SOOOO much huh????? We have 3 other backs to share the load too...did you forget that Mr. I bleed Green and Gold?? You bleed western ND and thats it. Sigers is going to be a star, and Voigt does something everytime he touches the ball. DJ is super quick, he's got GREAT feet....and we have him for two more years! You'll forget about Jake Miller once Hudson and Crockett are here anyway. Those guys are another level all together. Besides, it's not even like DJ and Miller were recruited at the same freaking time...this comparison doesn't even make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like it was McNorton or Miller....we've had McNorton for a few years already....

Seriously, how much does it cost to get this guy banned? He belongs at whosports.com.

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
True.

I just have skepticism about DJ being our "feature" back. His past performances have not been very stellar, to say the least. His dancing and movement behind the line has been his "Achilles heel". Maybe he is a totally different back now, I do not know. We'll see when the season starts.

Ohh don't get me wrong, I to have questions about his "dancing" behind the line but man has it improved since we first saw him and I expect it to continue.

The stable next year is going to look crazy if everyone is here and eligible.

DJ, Voight, Sigers, Ojuri, Crockett, Hudson, SMITH (EDIT sorry about that)
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

EndZoneQB
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA....DJ, Voigt, Sigers, Ojuri, Crockett, Hudson, and WHO???

Kermit
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
The stable next year is going to look crazy if everyone is here and eligible.

DJ, Voight, Sigers, Ojuri, Crockett, Hudson, Miller
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Ojuri will not be playing this fall. Crockett is questionable at best. And we got Smith, not Miller. You can add Lang to the stable, though. None of this changes your main point. We are in good shape at running back. :) :nod:

Scooter1
07-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Jake Miller wouldn't own DJ in any sport.

But I agree McNorton hasn't done crap his first two years to make us think that he deserves a shot at the job. Just look at his numbers for the first two years.

10 carries for 28 yards?!?!? :confused: (you would have thought he would have had at least 400.)

That is an average of just 2.8 YPC!!!:smh: (you would have thought it would have been say 4.0 or something)

2 touchdowns?!?! (I would have thought at least 7 or 8)

Throw the bum off the team!!!!:ranting:

Wait....those are the numbers for Tyler Roehl in his first two years.:blush: :blush: :blush: Never Mind. :blush:

However, Tyler was from ND so he gets a pass, right? :confused:

MNLonghorn10
07-24-2010, 04:51 PM
who the hells jake miller?

met1990
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
who the hells jake miller?

He used to play runningback for NDSU. I always get him confused with that other Bison runningback, Jason Morris.

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA....DJ, Voigt, Sigers, Ojuri, Crockett, Hudson, and WHO???

Dang sorry about that. All the reading with his name and I typed him in instead of Smith:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Edit coming

EndZoneQB
07-24-2010, 06:46 PM
He used to play runningback for NDSU. I always get him confused with that other Bison runningback, Jason Morris.

lol what? I'm hoping you are kidding...

56BISON73
07-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Until I see DJ produce on game day I wont be sold on his greatness or his running ability. Last year I saw a couple flashes of what could be but then I also saw the chuck and jive dance that I despise.
Of course I do hope he does come in to his own just like I do the others in the backfield. But there are other running backs that I thought were much more impressive last year.. Good luck to all of them.

semobison
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I liked what I saw last year with DJ! I think he will have a breakout year! He has all the tools. Who is Jake Miller? MVP, of this summers badlands Bowl. A little on the small side, and I hate too even say this. He looked better and definately outplayed Smith this summer! That being said, I really dont think we needed him!

DjKyRo
07-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I liked what I saw last year with DJ! I think he will have a breakout year! He has all the tools. Who is Jake Miller? MVP, of this summers badlands Bowl. A little on the small side, and I hate too even say this. He looked better and definately outplayed Smith this summer! That being said, I really dont think we needed him!

The coaches wanted and got Ryan Smith from UND - UND didn't win anything. The coaches saw something in Smith that Miller didn't have and I for one trust their judgment. Sure, Smith played smaller competition and 9-man but you can't sniff at some of the numbers he put up.

BisoninNWMN
07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Jake Miller wouldn't own DJ in any sport.

But I agree McNorton hasn't done crap his first two years to make us think that he deserves a shot at the job. Just look at his numbers for the first two years.

10 carries for 28 yards?!?!? :confused: (you would have thought he would have had at least 400.)

That is an average of just 2.8 YPC!!!:smh: (you would have thought it would have been say 4.0 or something)

2 touchdowns?!?! (I would have thought at least 7 or 8)

Throw the bum off the team!!!!:ranting:

Wait....those are the numbers for Tyler Roehl in his first two years.:blush: :blush: :blush: Never Mind. :blush:

However, Tyler was from ND so he gets a pass, right? :confused:

Poor comparison.

Tyler was a FB and in the west-coast the FB does not get many carries.

Plus Tyler was unique for us. Huge size and strength with the burst of speed......total animal for the Missouri Valley. Too bad he wasn't 100% for his senior season.

Tatanka
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
The coaches wanted and got Ryan Smith from UND - UND didn't win anything. The coaches saw something in Smith that Miller didn't have and I for one trust their judgment. Sure, Smith played smaller competition and 9-man but you can't sniff at some of the numbers he put up.

Wahpeton HS plays 9-man? Really???

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Wahpeton HS plays 9-man? Really???

I thought people were saying he played 9-man, it just goes to show that, contrary to popular opinion, I AM only human. ;)

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 01:01 AM
McNorton has had his chance. He hasn't showed anything IMO. I do appreciate that some of my posts have been deleted. Did Smith even play in any of these allstar games? Miller set a record against Montana. He also played awesome in the Lions game, that kid from WhOP sucked, or didn't even play. Thorton played awesome in both fyi, and he's not from Minnesota.

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 01:03 AM
McNorton has had his chance. He hasn't showed anything IMO. I do appreciate that some of my posts have been deleted.

You're right, him not putting up 25 TDs last season in a backup role is unacceptable! Why is he still on the team again?

Scooter1
07-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Poor comparison.

Tyler was a FB and in the west-coast the FB does not get many carries.

Plus Tyler was unique for us. Huge size and strength with the burst of speed......total animal for the Missouri Valley. Too bad he wasn't 100% for his senior season.

Do you really think that the point of my original post was to compare DJ and Tyler...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ah, what the hell...

So...Tyler didn't average 2.8 TYC during his first two years? Do they use a different kind of math for different positions? It's a good thing that they didn't give the ball to him very often because with a 2.8 YPC they would have been punting alot more. You would think that such a unique combination of size and strength (with a burst of speed) he would have averaged more. Especially when you take into account that he wasn't playing against the teams in the MVC at this time. (don't bother rebutting this...it is sarcasm)

It's too bad that DJ wasn't able to be a back up runningback the whole time his sophomore season. Unfortunately for DJ, he was such a good athlete that the coaches asked him to step in and play linebacker for a game. Because you see...DJ is unique for us. Athletic, smart and strong enough to be able to accept any challenge the coaches can throw at him. (not sarcasm)

BTW here comes the point of the original post if you missed it......

If DJ was from ND...some would be pointing out what a great athlete DJ is and how well he did in punt returns last year. They wouldn't be posting silly crap like how some 170 pound, 18 year old, wet behind the ears runningback out of ND could OWN a guy who was deemed good enough to step in and play defense with only a week of practice. They would be having huge love-ins on this board predicting the emergence of the next big thing to come out of the Great State of North Dakota!!!! If Miller was from Minnesota or Wisconsin, they would be saying..."We already have Smith in this class. He is the same size and is faster than Miller. What do we need with another moderate speed medium sized runningback?"

But, DJ is not from North Dakota, so we have to be subjected to the continual blather of how NDSU missed out on yet another semi-godlike specimine out of THE GREAT STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA. Hopefully the only thing that Miller will own this year is a seat on the bench so he can get bigger and go on to do good things at UND next year.

semobison
07-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Miller and Smith were the 2 backs who got most of the carries against Montana in the Badlands bowl. Miller was MVP, and had a great game! Smith may have been nursing an injury from what I heard. Anyway he didnt look as good as Miller. Miller is not a big kid, but he can play!

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Truth, McNorton hasn't done anything. All this fanfare is b/c of 2 reasons...
It will be funny when a kid that played class B puts up better numbers than this guy.

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 01:38 AM

I agree still! Heck let's boot Sigers, Voigtlander, Smith, Bruhn, all of them! In fact, we should remove the scholarships of EVERY player who has not started for us yet as they haven't produced. It's simple logic people, try to keep up.

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 01:39 AM
This is getting good!!!!!

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 01:41 AM
This is getting good!!!!!

Nothing beats a boring Saturday night at work like a classic 4mc-pocalypse.

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 01:41 AM
It will be funny when a kid that played class B puts up better numbers than this guy.

Oh what the heck. Ill bite. What two reasons are you talking about?????

Kermit
07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
McNorton has had his chance. He hasn't showed anything IMO. I do appreciate that some of my posts have been deleted. Did Smith even play in any of these allstar games? Miller set a record against Montana. He also played awesome in the Lions game, that kid from WhOP sucked, or didn't even play. Thorton played awesome in both fyi, and he's not from Minnesota.

Congratulations! You have a won a place on my ignore list. You have earned this honor through extraordinary and persistent effort. Others may aspire to join you, but most are destined to fail.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Pretty sure we know the 2 reasons. Anybody have stats for DJ vs. Roehl, or Steffes at this same time period???? I'd bet Simdorn owns him at this same age.

Scooter1
07-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Pretty sure we know the 2 reasons. Anybody have stats for DJ vs. Roehl, or Steffes at this same time period???? I'd bet Simdorn owns him at this same age.

Now, I'm pretty sure Simdorn wasn't from THE GREAT STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA!!!!:bunnyb:

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Now, I'm pretty sure Simdorn wasn't from THE GREAT STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA!!!!:bunnyb:

Doesn't matter, see my 2 reasons....

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 01:58 AM
Steffes has better numbers than DJ. Truth

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 01:59 AM

YOU obviously know the reasons. I certainly dont. Please enlighten the masses with your superior football knowledge.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:00 AM
YOU obviously know the reasons. I certainly dont. Please enlighten the masses with your superior football knowledge.

Check Steffes numbers vs. DJ, enough said.

Scooter1
07-25-2010, 02:01 AM

WOW. Please stay away from people. (Seriously)

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 02:03 AM

Ok------but you have to tell us first.

Bison"FANatic"
07-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Gotta get my popcorn. I have never been able to read a 4M meltdown in live time they usually happen to late for me and I see them in the AM

BisoninNWMN
07-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Do you really think that the point of my original post was to compare DJ and Tyler...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ah, what the hell...

So...Tyler didn't average 2.8 TYC during his first two years? Do they use a different kind of math for different positions? It's a good thing that they didn't give the ball to him very often because with a 2.8 YPC they would have been punting alot more. You would think that such a unique combination of size and strength (with a burst of speed) he would have averaged more. Especially when you take into account that he wasn't playing against the teams in the MVC at this time. (don't bother rebutting this...it is sarcasm)

It's too bad that DJ wasn't able to be a back up runningback the whole time his sophomore season. Unfortunately for DJ, he was such a good athlete that the coaches asked him to step in and play linebacker for a game. Because you see...DJ is unique for us. Athletic, smart and strong enough to be able to accept any challenge the coaches can throw at him. (not sarcasm)

BTW here comes the point of the original post if you missed it......

If DJ was from ND...some would be pointing out what a great athlete DJ is and how well he did in punt returns last year. They wouldn't be posting silly crap like how some 170 pound, 18 year old, wet behind the ears runningback out of ND could OWN a guy who was deemed good enough to step in and play defense with only a week of practice. They would be having huge love-ins on this board predicting the emergence of the next big thing to come out of the Great State of North Dakota!!!! If Miller was from Minnesota or Wisconsin, they would be saying..."We already have Smith in this class. He is the same size and is faster than Miller. What do we need with another moderate speed medium sized runningback?"

But, DJ is not from North Dakota, so we have to be subjected to the continual blather of how NDSU missed out on yet another semi-godlike specimine out of THE GREAT STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA. Hopefully the only thing that Miller will own this year is a seat on the bench so he can get bigger and go on to do good things at UND next year.

Nice rant!!

I haven't seen Smith or Miller play so I cannot comment on them. I have seen DJ play these last 2 yrs and he has not impressed me at all.

Maybe he looked great during spring practice, I don't know. I did watch the spring game over the net and he looked the same to me.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, I'll be the 1st to come on here and say I was wrong. But, IMO, he has a long way to go. But if coach P says he is ready then I'll go with that.

Looking at the roster it says Voight is 225 this year. That size will be able to absorb more punishment in the MV.

Those 2, Voight and DJ, could make a very good 1-2 punch for us.

We need depth at RB and it looks like we have it.

RunDMc34
07-25-2010, 02:07 AM
so if im correct here the argument for Jake Miller being better than DJ is that Kyle Steffas was better than DJ? You gotta be kidding me

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Those 2, Voight and DJ, could make a very good 1-2 punch for us.

We need depth at RB and it looks like we have it.

Michael Sigers is, as far as I'm concerned, the secret weapon of the Bison this year. Dude blew it up versus Iowa State as a freshman and was awesome in Spring Ball. If you think NDSU's RB corps suffers from depth problems you need to get your eyes checked. :) RBs are going to be the strength of the team this year, again.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Gotta get my popcorn. I have never been able to read a 4M meltdown in live time they usually happen to late for me and I see them in the AM

What is funny, is that Bisonville doesn't have any effect on my Alumni status, Team Maker status, my donations, or basicly anything. Most of Bisonville is pro Minnesota, and basicly I don't care.

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 02:10 AM
so if im correct here the argument for Jake Miller being better than DJ is that Kyle Steffas was better than DJ? You gotta be kidding me

You also forget that there are two reasons for all of the fanfare over DJ. BUT 4mcrue is the only one privy to those reasons. So BV waits with baited breath.

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 02:11 AM
What is funny, is that Bisonville doesn't have any effect on my Alumni status, Team Maker status, my donations, or basicly anything. Most of Bisonville is pro Minnesota, and basicly I don't care.

SIC SEMPER MINNESOTUS! ;)

BisoninNWMN
07-25-2010, 02:12 AM

Pro Bison

4m....you are a nodaker like me (originally).....You wear it on your sleave and that is ok with me...:D

Bison"FANatic"
07-25-2010, 02:12 AM

Using most pretty loosely there don't you think. I would say MOST of bisonville is pro BISON no matter where they come from.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:13 AM
If you people, sheep, think that DJ is better than Kyle, you need to recheck the fact that you are NDSU fans. I don't remember DJ winning a game for us.

BisoninNWMN
07-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Michael Sigers is, as far as I'm concerned, the secret weapon of the Bison this year. Dude blew it up versus Iowa State as a freshman and was awesome in Spring Ball. If you think NDSU's RB corps suffers from depth problems you need to get your eyes checked. :) RBs are going to be the strength of the team this year, again.

RB as a position, requires depth.....that is the case for most schools, I suspect.

I cannot wait for the season to start......:nod: :nod: :nod:

Scooter1
07-25-2010, 02:14 AM

God Damn it!!!! You can't have a secret weapon and then talk about it!!!

RunDMc34
07-25-2010, 02:15 AM
If you people, sheep, think that DJ is better than Kyle, you need to recheck the fact that you are NDSU fans. I don't remember DJ winning a game for us.

who said this????? we just think he's better than jake miller... who btw was NOT impressive in the shriners game... either was esley for that matter

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 02:15 AM

You are the onee who brought up the comparison and are now trying to hang your hat on it. You cant compare. DJ still has two years leaft. Compare when its all said and done.

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 02:16 AM
God Damn it!!!! You can't have a secret weapon and then talk about it!!!

There goes the element of surprise!!!

HerdBot
07-25-2010, 02:17 AM

He hasn't had an opportunity to do so playing behind some great backs. Why are you so down on him? He's got the moves, power, and improved speed. He's just a good natural runner. We can't judge him based on his rookie performance. Last year he looked tremendous when given the opportunity. DJ IS GOING TO BE THE MAN!

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:18 AM
You are the onee who brought up the comparison and are now trying to hang your hat on it. You cant compare. DJ still has two years leaft. Compare when its all said and done.

Um, yeah. Steffes owns DJ, done.

BisoninNWMN

If DJ still "dances" behind the line of scrimmage he will not be in the same conversation as Steffes, IMO.

Steffes is like Voight.....he hit the hole fast and kept his legs moving.....like Roger Craig of the Niners in the 80s.

4mcruenomore
who said this????? we just think he's better than jake miller... who btw was NOT impressive in the shriners game... either was esley for that matter

This our starting QB next year, thanks for being onboard.

RunDMc34
07-25-2010, 02:20 AM
If DJ still "dances" behind the line of scrimmage he will not be in the same conversation as Steffes, IMO.

Steffes is like Voight.....he hit the hole fast and kept his legs moving.....like Roger Craig of the Niners in the 80s.

You were the biggest nick mertens supporter out there so your player judgement creditability is -27.5.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Hey, put up some stats, same year in school, Steffes vs. DJ.

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 02:21 AM

Use your brain 56! It's only common sense to ditch the guy with two years of college experience who played behind record-breaking running backs in favor of the guy with zero snaps taken in college who played well against Montana!

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Use your brain 56! It's only common sense to ditch the guy with two years of college experience who played behind record-breaking running backs in favor of the guy with zero snaps taken in college who played well against Montana!

Pretty sure we are talking Steffes vs. DJ. No snaps? Uh, what?

RunDMc34
07-25-2010, 02:23 AM

Hey put up some stats DJ vs Jake Miller

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Pretty sure we are talking Steffes vs. DJ. No snaps? Uh, what?

No way bro! I'm all on board the Ryan Miller train! What the heck are we still talking about DJ for?

4mcruenomore
I'd love that Old Ball Coach to post up

56BISON73

Why dont YOU. Its your arguement.

BisoninNWMN
You were the biggest nick mertens supporter out there so your player judgement creditability is -27.5.

Ha.....so you're the "guru" of player evaluation......whatever.

Ya, I saw Mertens play HS ball at Eastside and thought he would be a very good player at NDSU.....I was wrong.

So, genius you can enlighten me about your Mel Kiper skills......LOL

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Hey put up some stats DJ vs Jake Miller

Miller owns him

56BISON73
07-25-2010, 02:26 AM

That was Montana high schools correct???? We are talking high school?:D

DjKyRo
Miller owns him

Exactly! Take off the blinders, people! Cast down the shackles that the government of Minnesota has placed on your minds and join the NDevolution!

4mcruenomore
Here's to Lakes type of NDSU fans...............

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Here's to Lakes type of NDSU fans...............

cchhyyeeaaaa!!1

Scooter1
07-25-2010, 02:29 AM

OK

Steffes freshman year {on a team with Roehl as senior).....on bench beside McNorton and behind Paschall

Steffes Sophomore year (on a team with Paschall as a senior).....on bench behind Paschall. (maybe not McNorton)

Can we make up some mock stats with DJ running against D2 competition? Apples and oranges. apples and oranges.

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Exactly! Take off the blinders, people! Cast down the shackles that the government of Minnesota has placed on your minds and join the NDevolution!

Who do we have from Minnesota currently that is such a phenom?

4mcruenomore
07-25-2010, 02:30 AM
OK

Steffes freshman year {on a team with Roehl as senior).....on bench beside McNorton and behind Paschall/B]

Steffes Sophomore year (on a team with Paschall as a senior).....[B]on bench behind Paschall. (maybe not McNorton)

Can we make up some mock stats with DJ running against D2 competition? Apples and oranges. apples and oranges.

Steffes ran for 100 yards vs. the Griz, name a game that DJ has owned??

BisoninNWMN

MN has state income tax, ND does not!!! I'll give that check to ND....:D

DjKyRo
Who do we have from Minnesota currently that is such a phenom?

No one, that's who! I'm in complete agreemet with you, Sage!