PDA

View Full Version : Lindy's FCS Forecast

BisonNeil
07-21-2010, 12:54 AM
I picked up a Lindy's 2010 College Football Preview magazine today at the airport. There are some interesting things to be found regarding FCS football.

They pick Villanova to repeat; Appy State, Richmond, Montana and Southern Illinois round out the top five teams.

Two other MVFC teams made the top 25 in addition to So Ill, and one of them is NOT UNI. SDSU comes in at #13 and, wait for it, Missouri State comes in at #21.

In the MVFC they predict the following finishes: So Ill, SDSU, MO St, UNI, Ill St, YSU, NDSU, W Ill and Ind St. They see the Bison continuing to struggle on defense and they add that NDSUs star rusher is gone. And for Lakes benefit, they pick Kyle Minett as the MVFC offensive player of the year and he is also on their pre-season first team All-America list.

Interestingly, their knock on UNI is that they will be young and young teams are inconsistent. I can't argue with that, I think that is one of the reasons the Bison were inconsistent last year (although there were other reasons as well).

TheBisonator
07-21-2010, 01:35 AM
I REALLY hope we finish better than 7th in the MVFC.

BisonNeil
07-21-2010, 02:25 AM
I REALLY hope we finish better than 7th in the MVFC.

We will. No question in my mind.

HandoEX
07-21-2010, 03:45 AM
We will. No question in my mind.

I agree. The big question is who do we finish ahead of? I am suprised to see Missouri State in their top 25 and Illinois State omitted from the list. Pretty bunk if you ask me.

Mr. Burgundy
07-21-2010, 12:09 PM
The conference is stacked. Just love Mo Valley football. Every week is a GAME! Thank you Gene Taylor!!!!

Greenie
07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
The conference is stacked. Just love Mo Valley football. Every week is a GAME! Thank you Gene Taylor!!!!

I remember that Patty V from the MVFC called NDSU the day that they were accepted into the Summit League. They wanted the rising star (NDSU) in their league. I hope that NDSU can prove them right after the first 2 disappointing years in the MVFC. A top 3 finish = the playoffs.

bisonmike2
07-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I remember that Patty V from the MVFC called NDSU the day that they were accepted into the Summit League. They wanted the rising star (NDSU) in their league. I hope that NDSU can prove them right after the first 2 disappointing years in the MVFC. A top 3 finish = the playoffs.

This season is a complete and utter failure if we don't accomplish 3 things.

1. Finish in the top 3 in the MVFC.
2. Make the Playoffs
3. Beat SDSU.

And yes, I would consider this season a failure if we accomplish 1 & 2 and not 3.

aces1180
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM

2. Make the Playoffs
3. Beat SDSU.

And yes, I would consider this season a failure if we accomplish 1 & 2 and not 3.

I would add a 4th consideration: Avoid going to jail.

Twentysix
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM

2. Make the Playoffs
3. Beat SDSU.

Agreed. 10char

semobison
07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I like our schedule if we can play well and grow as a team the first two games. We come off two tough road games feeling good about ourselves, the rest could be winnable!

SDSUAlum08
07-25-2010, 07:08 PM

2. Make the Playoffs
3. Beat SDSU.

I don't know if I'd call it failure. I think failure would be losing to SDSU at home again (4 in a row) and having a losing record. 3-8 to playoffs would be quite a feat. Can be done but hard to do.

steelbison
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't know if I'd call it failure. I think failure would be losing to SDSU at home again (4 in a row) and having a losing record. 3-8 to playoffs would be quite a feat. Can be done but hard to do.

Obviously a SDSU grad doesnt' get this. ANY season we lose to SDSU is a failure!

Any season we don't finish in the top three in the conference is a failure!

Any season we don't make the play-offs the same.

Understand, our standards are a little higher than in bunnyland.

SDSUAlum08
07-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Obviously a SDSU grad doesnt' get this. ANY season we lose to SDSU is a failure!

Any season we don't finish in the top three in the conference is a failure!

Any season we don't make the play-offs the same.

Understand, our standards are a little higher than in bunnyland.

No. I understand. I knew someone would respond with that.

But going from 3-8 to playoffs is quite a turn of events.

DjKyRo
07-28-2010, 05:47 AM
I don't see how it constitutes betrayal to see improvement of any kind this year. Playoffs would be bomb but to demand student-athletes right the ship so drastically is a little bit over the top, in my opinion. I predict us to go 7-4 but as far as I'm concerned 6-5 would be respectable improvement considering the circumstances of the past two years. Change doesn't happen overnight and while the playoffs would be great I'm not going to demand that kind of sudden improvement because frankly I don't think it's all that plausible. Possible? Certainly, expectable? I don't think so.

lakesbison
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
DJ. ahem, actually we DEMAND they make the turnaround and fast. last 2 years SUCKED compared to the 2 years before that.

and SDSU. I'd rather be 1-10 then get embarassed vs montana and on NATIONAL TV ESPN ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_kv5qTSxk

HA AH AHA HAHAHAHAHAHA. my god how embarassing.

jacks1
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone that says they'd rather have their team go 3-8, 1-10 or whatever than make the playoffs and shit the bed is flat out lying, stupid or both. SDSU shit, pissed and puked themselves in the 2nd half vs Montana...no question about it. But to say you'd rather have your team suck all season instead...just stupid.

lakesbison
07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
CHAMPIONSHIPS OR BUST in NDSU land.

barely make playoffs & embarass yourself in BUNNY land.

SDSUAlum08
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM

I agree with Jacks1. But just quit responding to him. You feed his ego. Its an NDSU board anyways.

Herd80
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I agree with Jacks1. But just quit responding to him. You feed his ego. Its an NDSU board anyways.

Not that it needs to be said; but you should be aware that not everyone here (or NDSU fans in general) would be unhappy to get to the playoffs and lose a game...rather than s#!t your pants with a 3-8 season.

Having high expectations is one thing; having such a bad case of penis envy as to be unable to appreciate an opponents playoff season is quite another

onbison09
07-28-2010, 05:56 PM

But they made it. That's why I don't get the smacking of SDSU when it comes to their football team. They have the upper hand right now if you look at results. But that's just my two cents. :hide:

SDSUAlum08
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Not that it needs to be said; but you should be aware that not everyone here (or NDSU fans in general) would be unhappy to get to the playoffs and lose a game...rather than s#!t your pants with a 3-8 season.

Having high expectations is one thing; having such a bad case of penis envy as to be unable to appreciate an opponents playoff season is quite another

No I understand that. We have gone over this in previous threads too. I get your drift. Lakes will be Lakes. He's written a lot of "interesting" comments on here this morning in other threads as well. Must be a rough day already.

lakesbison
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
11 of 14 posts = sdsu fans. thats more than their entire message board, congrats! filbert/jackmd must enjoy lonliness.

DjKyRo
07-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I for one don't have a problem with SDSU fans posting here so long as they provide valid insight, as I'm sure is the reverse case on their board.

TbonZach
07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't see how it constitutes betrayal to see improvement of any kind this year. Playoffs would be bomb but to demand student-athletes right the ship so drastically is a little bit over the top, in my opinion. I predict us to go 7-4 but as far as I'm concerned 6-5 would be respectable improvement considering the circumstances of the past two years. Change doesn't happen overnight and while the playoffs would be great I'm not going to demand that kind of sudden improvement because frankly I don't think it's all that plausible. Possible? Certainly. Expectable? Yes. Understandable if they don't? Yes.

FIFY. I'm sort of with Lakes about this part. The team should always be expected to win the championship every year. However, I won't consider the season completely lost if they don't.

sambini
08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I think are Bison will be better than 7th as Lindy forecasts us.

onbison09
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
FIFY. I'm sort of with Lakes about this part. The team should always be expected to win the championship every year. However, I won't consider the season completely lost if they don't.

This....................

sambini
08-07-2010, 11:06 PM
One game at a time....

BisonNeil
08-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Lindy's has Illinois State #5, most on this board have them much higher. The Redbirds just added a WI transfer, a DE. Go figure.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4332468

ndsubison1
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I dont think there's anyway Illinois St. finishes lower than 3rd

runtheoption
08-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I expect the playoffs every year. I don't consider losing to your main rival, and then making the playoffs a failure. They can co-exist. However, I do consider beating your main rival, then not making the playoffs a failed season.

This thread reminds of what I have heard said about Ohio St. vs. Michigan. Michigan says "Beat Ohio State!" Ohio State says "Win the National Championship!"

PS - I would love to see a home playoff game in my life.

sambini
08-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I expect the playoffs every year. I don't consider losing to your main rival, and then making the playoffs a failure. They can co-exist. However, I do consider beating your main rival, then not making the playoffs a failed season.

This thread reminds of what I have heard said about Ohio St. vs. Michigan. Michigan says "Beat Ohio State!" Ohio State says "Win the National Championship!"

PS - I would love to see a home playoff game in my life.

Been to a few at Dacotah Field. 1990 Pitt State was my favorite+++

runtheoption
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM

I never would have guessed that from when I started college in 1994 at NDSU, thru the 2009 season, that I would not have been witness to a home playoff game.

That has to be the longest drought for NDSU. I blame AIG, Obama-care, and the Canadians.

bisonmike2
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I never would have guessed that from when I started college in 1994 at NDSU, thru the 2009 season, that I would not have been witness to a home playoff game.

That has to be the longest drought for NDSU. I blame AIG, Obama-care, and the Canadians.

In my mind, I'll still have the created memory of the home playoff game that should have been, the kitty litter bowl. We won that game too, and went on to win another NC. Ahh, I fondly recall the made up memories in my mind.

As for the drought, I blame 9/11, olestra and CFC's.

MHDBisonfan
08-13-2010, 11:37 PM

That game was unreal. I remember thinking at the time they looked like a bunch of ronald mcdonald/hamburglar characters, but they sure won my respect with the battle royale that followed...yeah, what a game.

TheBisonator
08-13-2010, 11:51 PM
In my mind, I'll still have the created memory of the home playoff game that should have been, the kitty litter bowl. We won that game too, and went on to win another NC. Ahh, I fondly recall the made up memories in my mind.

As for the drought, I blame 9/11, olestra and CFC's.

I blame the residents of Grand Forks, carbon dioxide in our atmosphere and Soviet Russia.