PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports NCAA Football 11

aces1180
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's a review of the new game. Is anybody going to get it? I always have to ask, are FCS teams going to be included this year? My guess is no, but it basically is a make or break decision for me whether to purchase or not.

http://kotaku.com/5583104/ncaa-football-11-review-a-big-man-on-campus

EDIT - I answered my own question - No FCS teams again...Players will have to rely on teambuilder. Lame.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/416008-no-fcs-teams-confirmed.html

bisonmike2
07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Here's a review of the new game. Is anybody going to get it? I always have to ask, are FCS teams going to be included this year? My guess is no, but it basically is a make or break decision for me whether to purchase or not.

http://kotaku.com/5583104/ncaa-football-11-review-a-big-man-on-campus

EDIT - I answered my own question - No FCS teams again...Players will have to rely on teambuilder. Lame.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/416008-no-fcs-teams-confirmed.html

I pre-ordered it through EA's online store, then I canceled my order because I wasn't sure I wanted it. EA never charged my credit card but it still shows my order is active and waiting for release date, so if all goes well, I'll get the game for free. But since this sort of thing never happens to me, I'm sure EA will just triple charge my card on the 13th and send me a copy of NCAA 2010 for the 360 instead of th PS3. So I guess to make a long story longer, yes I'm going to get it and yes it is lame that we have to rely on Team Builder to get FCS teams in. I heard they are going to me more flexible with the conference affiliations. Supposedly you can add a custom team to an existing conference w/out having to drop an existing team. If that's true it would be awesome.

Tatanka
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I pre-ordered it through EA's online store, then I canceled my order because I wasn't sure I wanted it. EA never charged my credit card but it still shows my order is active and waiting for release date, so if all goes well, I'll get the game for free. But since this sort of thing never happens to me, I'm sure EA will just triple charge my card on the 13th and send me a copy of NCAA 2010 for the 360 instead of th PS3. So I guess to make a long story longer, yes I'm going to get it and yes it is lame that we have to rely on Team Builder to get FCS teams in. I heard they are going to me more flexible with the conference affiliations. Supposedly you can add a custom team to an existing conference w/out having to drop an existing team. If that's true it would be awesome.

If that were true in real life it would be even more awesome.

TransAmBison
07-10-2010, 03:57 AM
If that were true in real life it would be even more awesome.
Don't forget the part about being able to afford said conference. :hide::D

North Side
07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I am currently working on making a complete roster/ratings for NDSU on team builder for 360. This is going to take a while... come on EA but FCS schools in!!!

bisonmike2
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I got a confirmation e-mail from EA that they shipped NCAA Football 2011 and that it will be here tomorrow. In true EA fashion I checked my credit card and they did in fact double charge my card. So I'm either getting 2 games sent tomorrow or they're just sending one and charging me twice. So if I do have 2 that show up at my door tomorrow, I'll sell one if anyone's interested. $45 + shipping, again only if I have 2 show up tomorrow.

TransAmBison
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I got a confirmation e-mail from EA that they shipped NCAA Football 2011 and that it will be here tomorrow. In true EA fashion I checked my credit card and they did in fact double charge my card. So I'm either getting 2 games sent tomorrow or they're just sending one and charging me twice. So if I do have 2 that show up at my door tomorrow, I'll sell one if anyone's interested. $45 + shipping, again only if I have 2 show up tomorrow.
How about you send me both...at your expense...and we consider you beating complete?

bisonmike2
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
How about you send me both...at your expense...and we consider you beating complete?

That sounds like an excellent idea. Or how about I send you both for free, then I send you $45?

TransAmBison
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea. Or how about I send you both for free, then I send you $45?
Don't forget to pay me for shipping as well.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Don't forget to pay me for shipping as well.

Don't forget the 3% paypal fee!

North Side
07-14-2010, 03:52 AM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22399680

TD Pass J. Mohler pass to W. Holloway for 64yds

I am still working on getting the whole 2011 roster done but I played a game WKU vs NDSU.

DjKyRo
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
So far that game is tits, played a few exhibition games before getting it crunk, so far so good.

bisonmike2
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Here's my break down of the game.

Things I loved:

Telecast presentation. Finally, it looks like and actual college football game telecast. ESPN graphics are everywhere, and it goes a long way toward making you feel like you're actually playing a college football game. The tunnel walk, graphics intro, instant replays are all great. It's still not as good as NFL 2k5, but it's the best that EA sports has ever done in a football game.

Game play. Controls are tighter. No more running left, then juking right 5 yards in a split second to completely deke a guy out. Also gone are the Hercules stiff arms that send guys flying backwards the second they hit your hand.

Player animations. Players fight for extra yards. WR's actually recognize the sideline and endzones, and tightrope the sidelines appropriately. And they actually put refs back on the field.

Teambuilder. I wasn't a fan of team builder last year. I thought it was a cop out by EA in order to not have to go through the work of adding in FCS teams themselves. Even though team builder is largely unchanged, I've come to like it. EA's only going to put care and time into perfecting the big schools, by them giving us teambuilder they're actually letting the fans do a pretty decent job of creating our own schools. I figure that in a 1/2 hour I can put more detail and care into creating NDSU than any EA developer would. I'll care more if the color scheme isn't quite right. I would have been pissed if they'd f'up the logo. But now I get to import the logo and I get to select the stadium instead of using FCS generic. It's actually quite surprising how similar the Alamodome's interior is like the Fargodome's. Sure there's an upper deck in the Alamo, but I just right that off as something I'd like the Fargodome to one day become. Anyway, teambuilder is a good thing.

Recruiting. They've completely revamped recruiting for the better. It's more randomized, and after only a couple of dynasty weeks I can tell that yo really have to have a strategy to be successful in your recruiting.

Things I hated.

EA's cash grab. Yep they are still trying to sell you recruiting enhancement packages. It's bs. Also the ea online pass. Not a big deal if you buy games new, but if you buy it used you have to pay a $10 fee to be able to access any of the online content. EA's way of screwing over people who want to buy the game used.

Bugs. Despite being the most polished EA football game I've seen, it still has a couple of bugs. They're not bad, just annoying. Players move through referees like they are ghost. There are some collision problems where a QB's arm will go through someones helmet. And they still haven't fixed the problem of where if your custom team's home stadium is the site of a bowl game, when you play at home, your crowd consist of 1/2 of the home team color and 1/2 of the visiting teams color. Again, it's annoying.

Commentary. Not only is EA using the same commentary lines that have been in the game since NCAA 2004, they dropped Lee Corso so now there's just 2 boring announcers droning on repetitively. What a gig Herbstreit has. He probably gets paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars to record about 50 new lines are year for the game.

Autosave. Great idea, but anytime you change something it autosaves and locks the game down until it's done. Takes about 20 secs each time it saves. More annoying than anything. You just want to navigate the menu's but I found myself constantly waiting for the autosave to finish up.

No FCS playoff. 'Nough said.

Overall, in my opinion this is the best football game EA has ever put out. A definite buy if you like playing college football games.

bisonmike2
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Update: Just wanted to add this info to my Things I hated about the game. EA's cash grab. I knew it was bad that they are charging for extra crap, but I had no idea this is how much money they were charging for it. Seriously some of these are ridiculous. $10 for and extra 10 slots of your own hard drive space to save content created by other players? Paying for a 5 star recruit? Isn't this basically shelling out cash in order to cheat? They should just rename this the USC enhancement pack.

NCAA Football 11 – NCAA Power Pack ($29.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Pipeline State Addition ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Recruiting Advisor ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Recruiting Reports ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – School Pitches Improvement ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Toughest Places To Play Boost ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Unlock All Promises ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Defensive Back ($0.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Defensive Line ($0.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Linebacker ($0.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Quarterback ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Receiver ($0.99)
NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Running Back ($0.99)
NCAA Football 11 – All 5 Star Recruits ($5.99)
NCAA Football 11 – All Dynasty Time Saver ($11.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Coaching Seminar ($1.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Commish Of 3 Online Dynasties ($9.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Commish Of 5 Online Dynasties ($14.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Max TeamBuilder Slot ($9.99)
NCAA Football 11 – Maximum Player Training ($1.99)

Bisonguy
07-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Gotta love the microtransactions. :banghead:

aces1180
07-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Here's my break down of the game.

Things I loved:

Telecast presentation. Finally, it looks like and actual college football game telecast. ESPN graphics are everywhere, and it goes a long way toward making you feel like you're actually playing a college football game. The tunnel walk, graphics intro, instant replays are all great. It's still not as good as NFL 2k5, but it's the best that EA sports has ever done in a football game.

Game play. Controls are tighter. No more running left, then juking right 5 yards in a split second to completely deke a guy out. Also gone are the Hercules stiff arms that send guys flying backwards the second they hit your hand.

Player animations. Players fight for extra yards. WR's actually recognize the sideline and endzones, and tightrope the sidelines appropriately. And they actually put refs back on the field.

Teambuilder. I wasn't a fan of team builder last year. I thought it was a cop out by EA in order to not have to go through the work of adding in FCS teams themselves. Even though team builder is largely unchanged, I've come to like it. EA's only going to put care and time into perfecting the big schools, by them giving us teambuilder they're actually letting the fans do a pretty decent job of creating our own schools. I figure that in a 1/2 hour I can put more detail and care into creating NDSU than any EA developer would. I'll care more if the color scheme isn't quite right. I would have been pissed if they'd f'up the logo. But now I get to import the logo and I get to select the stadium instead of using FCS generic. It's actually quite surprising how similar the Alamodome's interior is like the Fargodome's. Sure there's an upper deck in the Alamo, but I just right that off as something I'd like the Fargodome to one day become. Anyway, teambuilder is a good thing.

Recruiting. They've completely revamped recruiting for the better. It's more randomized, and after only a couple of dynasty weeks I can tell that yo really have to have a strategy to be successful in your recruiting.

Things I hated.

EA's cash grab. Yep they are still trying to sell you recruiting enhancement packages. It's bs. Also the ea online pass. Not a big deal if you buy games new, but if you buy it used you have to pay a $10 fee to be able to access any of the online content. EA's way of screwing over people who want to buy the game used.

Bugs. Despite being the most polished EA football game I've seen, it still has a couple of bugs. They're not bad, just annoying. Players move through referees like they are ghost. There are some collision problems where a QB's arm will go through someones helmet. And they still haven't fixed the problem of where if your custom team's home stadium is the site of a bowl game, when you play at home, your crowd consist of 1/2 of the home team color and 1/2 of the visiting teams color. Again, it's annoying.

Commentary. Not only is EA using the same commentary lines that have been in the game since NCAA 2004, they dropped Lee Corso so now there's just 2 boring announcers droning on repetitively. What a gig Herbstreit has. He probably gets paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars to record about 50 new lines are year for the game.

Autosave. Great idea, but anytime you change something it autosaves and locks the game down until it's done. Takes about 20 secs each time it saves. More annoying than anything. You just want to navigate the menu's but I found myself constantly waiting for the autosave to finish up.

No FCS playoff. 'Nough said.

Overall, in my opinion this is the best football game EA has ever put out. A definite buy if you like playing college football games.

Do you think it would be an ok purchase on the Wii? I don't have a PS3 or an X-Box, and I don't think they made this available for PS2.

EndZoneQB
07-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Do you think it would be an ok purchase on the Wii? I don't have a PS3 or an X-Box, and I don't think they made this available for PS2.

I don't know about this years, but I've heard that the football games on Wii are a joke.

DjKyRo
07-15-2010, 01:49 AM
It gets two thumbs up from DJKyRo - I absolutely love Notre Dame's intro, and we watched a few from Clemson, VT, etc. Really neat that they added those.

Commentary, while stale, has been the same since 2005. It's to the point where I can comment along with the game as it goes knowing exactly what they'll say and with a given inflection. Though I do approve of the removal of Corso.

The overall feel from the game is great, the presentation really got polished this time around.

bisonmike2
07-15-2010, 02:31 AM

I played ncaa 2009 on the wii and it was just frustrating. i have no idea how much it's improved in 2 years.

VanClubPres
07-15-2010, 02:58 AM
here is another glitch.

some playaction passes, after the handoff the QB is just keep running backwards about 20 yards. sucks when you are backed up against the endzone.

That said, NDSU 56, WKU 19.

Did everyone import NDSU into Neb's slot in the big 12-N

North Side
07-15-2010, 05:18 AM
I think the Ps2 version has FCS teams in it but not sure about wii.

bisonmike2
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
here is another glitch.

some playaction passes, after the handoff the QB is just keep running backwards about 20 yards. sucks when you are backed up against the endzone.

That said, NDSU 56, WKU 19.

Did everyone import NDSU into Neb's slot in the big 12-N

I removed all teams from the MAC and imported in created teams. I made a super Missouri valley conference, minus Indiana St.

MAC - WEST
NDSU, UND, SDSU, Montana, Montana St., USD

MAC - EAST
Southern Ill,, Western Ill., UNI, Missouri St., Ill St, Youngstown St.

bisonmike2
07-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm happy to report that I out recruited USC to get the #1 DT in the nation. He had soft verbaled to USC but during Wk 7 he took an official recruiting visit to Fargo that made him changed his mind. I really like the way EA tweaked recruiting. It's more difficult, but definitely more engaging that past NCAA games. This week should be interesting. I have a 6'5" 4 star hard hitting free safety visiting who's trying to decide between NDSU and Ohio State.

DjKyRo
07-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm happy to report that I out recruited USC to get the #1 DT in the nation. He had soft verbaled to USC but during Wk 7 he took an official recruiting visit to Fargo that made him changed his mind. I really like the way EA tweaked recruiting. It's more difficult, but definitely more engaging that past NCAA games. This week should be interesting. I have a 6'5" 4 star hard hitting free safety visiting who's trying to decide between NDSU and Ohio State.

I feel ya on recruiting. I don't have Live access yet in our new place so I started a dynasty with Oregon, despite getting interest from plenty of four and five-star recruits it's still tough due to the randomization of discussion topics (not to mention that you can't just focus four hours on one recruit or push one good topic all the time). I like the challenge.

bisonmike2
07-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Wish I would have gotten this on my cover of NCAA football instead.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2010/07/16/alabama-video-game-nerds-mock-tim-tebow-in-special-edition-cover/

Minneapolis Jack
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I created SDSU if anyone wants to download them to play against. Too bad you can't create trophy games, it be cool to play for the Marker.

Search for author: Kinsley_Zissou

I made most of the players in the 70-75 range except for the All-Conference Sr types. They are around 80-83.

Tatanka
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I created SDSU if anyone wants to download them to play against. Too bad you can't create trophy games, it be cool to play for the Marker.

I made most of the players in the 70-75 range except for the All-Conference Sr types. They are around 80-83.

did you activate the "hunter / fisherman" option? Does the game's AI know the players were recruited the right way? :D

Minneapolis Jack
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
did you activate the "hunter / fisherman" option? Does the game's AI know the players were recruited the right way? :D

No I didn't, but I did make the alternate uniforms camouflage and made the mascot a priest.

North Side
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM

glad to see you made more realistoc ratings for SDSU i will have to check your team out

chuckles
07-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Somebody put this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxwd1NVXwc

TbonZach
07-19-2010, 02:38 AM

"Sorry Dad. I'm no longer enrolled here." That's a great sign that one of the fans had.

Great find! Great video!

rutlandbison
07-19-2010, 03:01 AM

Check out the name of the user.

1wesleyhudson.

We got a guy from texax by the name of wesley hudson.
Could they be the same?

bisonmike2
07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
"Sorry Dad. I'm no longer enrolled here." That's a great sign that one of the fans had.

Great find! Great video!

EA's had that sign in the crowd forever, maybe as far back as NCAA 2001. In one of the earlier versions of NCAA football (around 2005ish or so) you used to be able to create custom signs for the crowd. Which was great when you're playing a friend because you could put whatever you want on them. Like "Player X blows goats". They probably ditched that idea after it became apparent that everybody just used to signs for filthiness.

TbonZach
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
EA's had that sign in the crowd forever, maybe as far back as NCAA 2001. In one of the earlier versions of NCAA football (around 2005ish or so) you used to be able to create custom signs for the crowd. Which was great when you're playing a friend because you could put whatever you want on them. Like "Player X blows goats". They probably ditched that idea after it became apparent that everybody just used to signs for filthiness.

Guess I've never noticed it before.

bisonmike2
07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Guess I've never noticed it before.

it's difficult to notice when EA pretty much puts out the same game for the past 10 years. Although I am very happy with the changes they made for this year. Too bad they couldn't just charge $35 and you download a large update each year.

Gilley
07-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Has anyone thought bout doing a Bisonville like online league thing? or did i miss that in the past threads bout it... Be kinda fun to get all of us Bville members playin against each other... Add me up Zack xMorris for Xbox

DjKyRo
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd be down to start a BV online league once I get around to getting Live set up at my new place. As is my choices are to jimmy up a wire between the router and 360 (which would need to be like 40 feet to run it through the ceiling panels) or to suck it up and drop $100 on a wireless receiver. Once that's done, I'm game. My Live handle is AcidJisz, feel free to add me.

Hammersmith
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I'd be down to start a BV online league once I get around to getting Live set up at my new place. As is my choices are to jimmy up a wire between the router and 360 (which would need to be like 40 feet to run it through the ceiling panels) or to suck it up and drop $100 on a wireless receiver. Once that's done, I'm game. My Live handle is AcidJisz, feel free to add me.

If you're tech minded, you can save money by buying a dirt cheap g router and updating its firmware to work as a wireless bridge for the xbox(save even more if you've already got a spare router laying around). Since you can pick up a router for $20-40, you're looking at a decent savings over the Microsoft product.

Router compatibility list: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#TRENDnet

Directions: http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/10/02/how-to-cheap-wireless-for-your-xbox-360/

DjKyRo
07-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Actually that's not a bad cop Hammer, but I was forwarded to a very helpful link from Elite and now have wireless connectivity. Anyone game to set up an online league, let me know. I'm game.

bisonmike2
07-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Actually that's not a bad cop Hammer, but I was forwarded to a very helpful link from Elite and now have wireless connectivity. Anyone game to set up an online league, let me know. I'm game.

are most people 360 or PS3 users on B'ville? I'm a PS3'er.

EndZoneQB
07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
are most people 360 or PS3 users on B'ville? I'm a PS3'er.

Most people everywhere are 360 users. Step up to the 21st century in controllers and get yourself a 360. I can't believe Sony gets away with that controller from 1994 still. That thing is a piece of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like im going to break it when I use it, and its not very ergonomic.

/rant.

bisonmike2
07-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Most people everywhere are 360 users. Step up to the 21st century in controllers and get yourself a 360. I can't believe Sony gets away with that controller from 1994 still. That thing is a piece of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like im going to break it when I use it, and its not very ergonomic.

/rant.

Sorry but the early RROD problems, no wifi and no blu-ray pushed me toward the PS3. Plus, no hard drive on the standard models? WTF Microsoft. And what the hell are you charging $100 for a 40 gig proprietary harddrive? At least Sony allows you to swap out the hard drive on the PS3 and put whatever you want in it. I had an original Xbox too and I loved it. But a couple of years ago when I was shopping for a new console I wasn't going to risk dropping $500 bucks on the console, controllers and games and risk it melting down a month after getting it. Although I've had to replace my PS3 recently, I got a ton of mileage out of that thing. The 360 did the software part right. Great interface with live and they made their development tools easy to use for game designers. Too bad they initially skimped on the hardware. Sony did just the opposite. They built a cool piece of expensive hardware but didn't put any thought into how it would be to develop for. And Microsoft has beat Sony to the punch over almost every single cool feature. Netflix, ESPN 3, Arcade, you name it. Sony really dropped the ball on the media center integration and now they are scrambling to make up for it. As for the controller, meh. I could care less. Stick with what works I guess. It's wireless and rechargeable so that's a plus. I haven't played with a 360 controller enough to know if I'd like it better.

IDDUKES
07-20-2010, 06:25 PM
PS3 for me!!!

SlickVic
07-21-2010, 05:16 AM
yo b-mike fyi the big brother game officially begun tonight...my baby girl aka britany completley flipped the house tonight and somehow has "brachel" believing that britnay and her side will not be gunning for the them...not tryin to spoil anything for you fool i know you dont whatch after dark but my oh my games on im just jacked