PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

HandoEX
07-07-2010, 02:39 PM
We'll be on national TV when we reclaim the Marker from the bunnies on November 13. Getcha popcorn ready!

SDbison
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
We'll be on national TV when we reclaim the Marker from the bunnies on November 13. Getcha popcorn ready!
Linky???????

roadwarrior
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=695&SPSID=11844

TheDoctor
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
So you are saying I can DVR the game and watch it when I get home from Oregon? :D ;)

TheBisonator
07-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Awesome!! That's 2 games on FCS this year so far.

Can we go for a third??

(The games on ND NBC don't do me a lick of good anymore, so I need to get all the FCS/FSN games I can get.)

Twentysix
07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
:D yay:D :D

DjKyRo
07-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Still a pretty good chance of them picking up SIU @ NDSU I imagine, that's going to be a good ticket if both teams start out strong.

TheBisonator
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Still a pretty good chance of them picking up SIU @ NDSU I imagine, that's going to be a good ticket if both teams start out strong.

Either the SIU or ISU-red game (on the road) would be awesome to have on FCS.

onbison09
07-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Is the UNI game on?

TheBisonator
07-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Is the UNI game on?

It's on KWWL in Iowa and on locally in Fargo, I believe (either KVLY or KXJB). I don't know if it's on statewide.

Otherwise, it's on webcast, like every game.

onbison09
07-08-2010, 03:03 AM
It's on KWWL in Iowa and on locally in Fargo, I believe (either KVLY or KXJB). I don't know if it's on statewide.

Otherwise, it's on webcast, like every game.

Is it a CSTV webcast?

TheBisonator
07-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Is it a CSTV webcast?

I don't know. It would be nice.

Is UNI's athletic website a CSTV website?? If so, then yes.

On edit: Just checked. It's a CBSSports.com official partner. So I believe the webcast will be thru CSTV XXL.

onbison09
07-08-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't know. It would be nice.

Is UNI's athletic website a CSTV website?? If so, then yes.

On edit: Just checked. It's a CBSSports.com official partner. So I believe the webcast will be thru CSTV XXL.

No actually that's not nice because it won't be picked up by JumpTV.

TheBisonator
07-08-2010, 03:28 AM
No actually that's not nice because it won't be picked up by JumpTV.

Yeah, but the quality is better. The tradeoff will be having to buy it thru unipanthers.com and pay the UNI athletic department.

Quite frankly, I don't care if I give a little money to another athletic department as long as the product is of good quality.

That's why I'm concerned about FFD webcasts, because JumpTV has proven to me time and time again to be crap.

onbison09
07-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Yeah, but the quality is better. The tradeoff will be having to buy it thru unipanthers.com and pay the UNI athletic department.

Quite frankly, I don't care if I give a little money to another athletic department as long as the product is of good quality.

That's why I'm concerned about FFD webcasts, because JumpTV has proven to me time and time again to be crap.

Well I wish I could reassure you. :smh:

siouxdgj
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Great news to hear that the NDSU-SDSU game will be on Fox College Sports.

lakesbison
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
its not GREAT news, GREAT news would be FOX SPORTS NORTH.

Fox College Sports gets loooooooooooooow ratings.

Panther Fan
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM

http://danisu21.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/debbie-downer-2.jpg

lakesbison
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
actually it was a SHOT at the "dgj" guy and his schools boner over FCS.

Shawn-O
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM

FSN North caters to the Twin Cities market, idiot. Midwest Sports Channel died over a decade ago, wake up.

Twentysix
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
FSN North caters to the Twin Cities market, idiot. Midwest Sports Channel died over a decade ago, wake up.

Hey! Hes our idiot you dont get to talk to him like this on our board!

lakesbison
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
are you on crack? my god you're becoming one of "THEM"

Fox Sports NORTH is in every cable network from minneapolis to FARGO (ch 33) to bemidji. the zamboni smoke has finally gotten to ya

aces1180
07-09-2010, 02:15 AM
are you on crack? my god you're becoming one of "THEM"

Fox Sports NORTH is in every cable network from minneapolis to FARGO (ch 33) to bemidji. the zamboni smoke has finally gotten to ya

Plus, it is picked up on DirecTV and DISH network for those who order the sports packages in out of market areas. However, FCS is on the sports packages of many cable systems across the country.

From a marketing and viewership standpoint standpoint, however, more bars and restaurants have DISH or DirecTV, so I would rather have games on FSNorth.

North Side
07-09-2010, 02:43 AM
I thought people across the country can watch sue canadian soccer on FCS? Doesn't FCS have a potential to have a larger audience than FS North? North is just regional for SD ND and MN. (Which is our target audience for recruiting/fanbase) Anyways I would like to see one more NDSU home game on FS North hopefully it will happen vs Morgan St.? I think SFA game was on FS North in 07.

TheBisonator
07-09-2010, 04:14 AM
It really doesn't matter to DirecTV customers. With the 12 dollar Sports Pack, you can get both FSN North and all three FCS channels from anywhere in the US.

If you're a Bison fan in Georgia and you have the DTV sports pack, there's no difference between FSNN and FCS.

lakesbison
07-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Only about 5% of dish/direct tv order the $12 sports package.

FSN north towers over FCS in ratings, und fans dont have a clue, as usual.

bisonpride4ever
07-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Fox Sports North is a regional sports network serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Iowa, Upper Michigan along the Wisconsin border and the eastern parts of North Dakota and South Dakota. So yeah not just Twin Cities market. I mean when they show the epic WIAC matchups between UW-Whitewater v UW-LaCrosse, they are totally thinking about the people living in Minneapolis, Bloomington, and Burnsville

THEsocalledfan
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Only about 5% of dish/direct tv order the $12 sports package.

FSN north towers over FCS in ratings, und fans dont have a clue, as usual.

Actually, I checked with Dish Network and they don't even carry this channel. So, here we are on a channel that will have even less viewers than statewide NBC and we are celebrating? I am with Lakes, we need to be on FSN. Why is this so complicated? Move game times 8 AM (when on the road) if you have to!

lakesbison
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
all you have to do is actually WORK with FSN and they'd help you. pick up the freakin phone ndsu marketing.

SDbison
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Actually, I checked with Dish Network and they don't even carry this channel. So, here we are on a channel that will have even less viewers than statewide NBC and we are celebrating? I am with Lakes, we need to be on FSN. Why is this so complicated? Move game times 8 AM (when on the road) if you have to!
Socalledfan.......you actually signed up with dish network? That was your first mistake. Everybody knows DirecTV has more channels!

TheBisonator
07-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Socalledfan.......you actually signed up with dish network? That was your first mistake. Everybody knows DirecTV has more channels!

Yeah, I think Dish isn't worth it. It costs less because the options are less. You always get what you pay for. DTV is worth it. It costs more, but you literally have the option of having almost every channel offered in the US.

Mr. Burgundy
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM

We don't really call the shots when we are on the road. The other team has an AD as well. Some people will complain to simply complain. Game gets picked up on TV and people complain.

You can either attend a game, find it on TV, find it on the internet, or listen on the radio. Pretty simple if you ask me. Or we can simply find more things to bitch and moan about.

"Call FSN, they will work with you." This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people. This is coordinating a contract to televise a game. It is common sense, you don't have to agree with everything, but lets be real with some of these comments. I have been pretty critical of our marketing department, or lack of our marketing department, but to make it sound like it is simple to get a TV game is not accurate.

bisonpride4ever
07-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I think Dish isn't worth it. It costs less because the options are less. You always get what you pay for. DTV is worth it. It costs more, but you literally have the option of having almost every channel offered in the US.

if you know what your doing, you can get every channel offered in the world on Dish Network, for practically nothing

HerdBot
07-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Fox Sports North is a regional sports network serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Iowa, Upper Michigan along the Wisconsin border and the eastern parts of North Dakota and South Dakota. So yeah not just Twin Cities market. I mean when they show the epic WIAC matchups between UW-Whitewater v UW-LaCrosse, they are totally thinking about the people living in Minneapolis, Bloomington, and Burnsville

Fsn covers our main recruiting area like ND, SD, MN, IA, AND WI. Its the primary channel for legit teams like the Twins. Its considered a local channel in all the above markets and all cable and satellite companies have it included in basic channels. 99% of potential students and recruits live in these markets plus you can get Fsn anywhere for twelve bucks. We may see more markets but it doesn't matter because we don't recruit those areas much so its not impactful. But I think FSn had more viewers and Minneapolis should be top priority. Bad move but its better than last year.

bisonpride4ever
07-10-2010, 03:20 AM

I was just commenting to what Shawn was saying how FSN is for the Twin Cities market only. Just being one of the few that stick up for lakes once in a while

TheDoctor
07-10-2010, 05:22 AM
"Call FSN, they will work with you." This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people. This is coordinating a contract to televise a game. It is common sense, you don't have to agree with everything, but lets be real with some of these comments. I have been pretty critical of our marketing department, or lack of our marketing department, but to make it sound like it is simple to get a TV game is not accurate.

:rofl: ACCURATE AND HILLARIOUS! :rofl: "This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people." :rofl: :rofl: ;)

4mcruenomore
07-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Better win, that's all I gotta say. I'm sure Mohler really feels the rivalry and wants to win......

Twentysix
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Better win, that's all I gotta say. I'm sure Mohler really feels the rivalry and wants to win......

Probably feels it more than a highschool kids

Herd
07-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Comments on the Kansas FCS game:
If this were a bison home game, NDSU would have the rights to negotiate the TV contract. But it is not, and Kansas has the TV rights.

FCS is better than no TV, right?. Because the game is going to be on FCS, NDSU might have the opportunity to try to get the game on FSN (in the NDSU market) also, due to the fact that FSN is part of the Fox network. Possible, but not likely IMO.

FSN might be obligated by the Fox Network to carry a national game vs. the NDSU vs. Kansas game however.

DjKyRo
07-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Comments on the Kansas FCS game:
If this were a bison home game, NDSU would have the rights to negotiate the TV contract. But it is not, and Kansas has the TV rights.

FCS is better than no TV, right?. Because the game is going to be on FCS, NDSU might have the opportunity to try to get the game on FSN (in the NDSU market) also, due to the fact that FSN is part of the Fox network. Possible, but not likely IMO.

FSN might be obligated by the Fox Network to carry a national game vs. the NDSU vs. Kansas game however.

Agreed with Herd. I'll take exposure over no exposure.

onbison09
07-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Agreed with Herd. I'll take exposure over no exposure.

This. I'd like FSN as much as anyone but something's better than nothing.

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
We don't really call the shots when we are on the road. The other team has an AD as well. Some people will complain to simply complain. Game gets picked up on TV and people complain.

You can either attend a game, find it on TV, find it on the internet, or listen on the radio. Pretty simple if you ask me. Or we can simply find more things to bitch and moan about.

Burgunday, I repect your opinion on this, but I disagree. Some of us do not live in Fargo and it is hard for me to juggle work, family, and other responsbilities and make it to every game. Further, the internet option stinks (and I use it all the time); if they could get it up to TV quality, I will promise to shut up, but it still would not be as good for exposure as TV. (Unless TV dies and everything becomes internet based? I have heard those who feel this way....)

Many of us cannot watch games on statewide NBC, and now, in this case, FCS. It is not on standard packages, and is not available from all companies. We have every right to complain and I plan on not drinking the NDSU everything is great cool-aide until they have a way for those of us outside of the FM area to easily see games in a high quality fashion. Pipe dream? Maybe, but being satisifed with mediocrity makes you mediocre.

ndsubison1
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM

No college football games are ever on at 8 am local time

lakesbison
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
They need to pick up the phone, schedule a meeting with FSN north, and get 4-5 games in FSN a year.

granted FSN has Wild, Timberwolves & Gopher Hockey as their top 3 priorities, but if it means switching a game to 11Am on a saturday or Friday night, FSN is far and away the way to go to INCREASE NDSU exposure in the upper midwest and attract those area recruits.

ndsubison1
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
They need to pick up the phone, schedule a meeting with FSN north, and get 4-5 games in FSN a year.

granted FSN has Wild, Timberwolves & Gopher Hockey as their top 3 priorities, but if it means switching a game to 11Am on a saturday or Friday night, FSN is far and away the way to go to INCREASE NDSU exposure in the upper midwest and attract those area recruits.

FSN has a lot of Pac 10 and Big 12 football games. Highly doubt we can get even close to 5 Bison games on there annually

IndyBison
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
FCS will give more people around the country access (like me) but I agree, FSN would probably be the better option because it would reach more people more easily in the primary target areas. I get FSN on my sports package with AT&T Uverse but sometimes the channel I get shows the same stuff as all the other FS Network channels so I don't know if I would get to see it.

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Hate to split hairs, but think the Twins are higher priority than all those 3 and the Twins are an issue for early season games.

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
No college football games are ever on at 8 am local time

Wow, did not know you were so literal! (Is there a point you are trying to make that just went over my head, or did you not understand the point I was making to move game times if needed? I even think home game times should be moved to get on TV, but have been crushed on this board whenever I mention that....)

SDbison
07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I think someone should bend the new presidents ear about the DII coverage NDSU gets and how there is so much room for improvement. Might not be a top priority, but at least this guy is new, was part of a bigger school and is likely not a small thinker like most locals tend to be.

56BISON73
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Wow, did not know you were so literal! (Is there a point you are trying to make that just went over my head, or did you not understand the point I was making to move game times if needed? I even think home game times should be moved to get on TV, but have been crushed on this board whenever I mention that....)

I agree. Just as long as they dont play any earlier. :D Afternoon and night games are just fine with me.

Twentysix
07-13-2010, 02:05 AM
agreed 1pm is the earliest start im interested in non homecoming.

I prefer the late games they work so well. But if it means TV time (nonlocal) its worth it.

THEsocalledfan
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
agreed 1pm is the earliest start im interested in non homecoming.

I prefer the late games they work so well. But if it means TV time (nonlocal) its worth it.

And once again, I am being crushed. Guys, 10 AM start on regional TV (think exposure) is more important than getting your buzz on......just get up earlier!

SDbison
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
And once again, I am being crushed. Guys, 10 AM start on regional TV (think exposure) is more important than getting your buzz on......just get up earlier!
What do you expect? This is Bisonville.
And I do agree, one or two early games with real national exposure would take the football program to a new level. Especially if we were playing well at the time.
Somehow NDSU needs to get at least one game a year on FSN. Maybe even 1 game every two or three years on ESPN2. Of course, a national championship appearance would help that.

EndZoneQB
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I actually like the early games. There's nothing like cracking your first beer at 6am...

THEsocalledfan
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I actually like the early games. There's nothing like cracking your first beer at 6am...

Now were talking! Beer, the breakfast of champions. Once, TAB woke me up by cracking a beer.....

TransAmBison
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Now were talking! Beer, the breakfast of champions. Once, TAB woke me up by cracking a beer.....
That was a long time ago. 1995 I am thinking? That was a good weekend.

THEsocalledfan
07-13-2010, 07:14 PM

Yep, we were both 20 at the time......

TransAmBison
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Gettin' Budweisers at a bar from a one-armed bartender just off the res. Yeah, that was living.

THEsocalledfan
07-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Gettin' Budweisers at a bar from a one-armed bartender just off the res. Yeah, that was living.

Along with getting sick after Tequila in those same bottles.....

TransAmBison
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Along with getting sick after Tequila in those same bottles.....
It took skill...

DjKyRo
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Who said something about waking up? Why not just keep drinking from the night before on the way to the West Lot?

Tatanka
07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Once, TAB woke me up by cracking a beer.....

I just can't quit you.

:eek:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Greenie
07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
MVFC TV Schedule for 2010
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=204969812

Date Game (Network) -- Air Time
Sat., Sept. 4
North Dakota State at Kansas, 6 p.m. CT (FCS Central)

Sat., Sept. 11
North Dakota State at UNI, 6:37 p.m. CT (KWWL)

Sat., Sept. 25
South Dakota at North Dakota State, 6 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Oct. 23
Indiana State at North Dakota State, 3 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Nov. 6
Southern Illinois at North Dakota State, 3 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Nov. 13
South Dakota State at North Dakota State (Dakota Marker), 3 p.m. CT (MVFC TV) (FCS)

No TV announced yet for 9/18 vs. Morgan State, 10/2 vs. Western Illinois (homecoming), 10/9 @ Youngstown State, 10/16 @ Illinois State, 11/20 @ Missouri State

onbison09
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Kind of weird homecoming wouldn't be on TV wouldn't you think?

THEsocalledfan
07-21-2010, 08:35 PM
MVFC TV Schedule for 2010
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=204969812

Date Game (Network) -- Air Time
Sat., Sept. 4
North Dakota State at Kansas, 6 p.m. CT (FCS Central)

Sat., Sept. 11
North Dakota State at UNI, 6:37 p.m. CT (KWWL)

Sat., Sept. 25
South Dakota at North Dakota State, 6 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Oct. 23
Indiana State at North Dakota State, 3 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Nov. 6
Southern Illinois at North Dakota State, 3 p.m. CT (North Dakota NBC)

Sat., Nov. 13
South Dakota State at North Dakota State (Dakota Marker), 3 p.m. CT (MVFC TV) (FCS)

No TV announced yet for 9/18 vs. Morgan State, 10/2 vs. Western Illinois (homecoming), 10/9 @ Youngstown State, 10/16 @ Illinois State, 11/20 @ Missouri State

Any FSN chance for taht Nov. 13 SDSU game? conflicts?

ndsubison1
07-21-2010, 09:30 PM
maybe we can have the games at 3 am so we can get them on ESPN

Hammersmith
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM

No conflicts with Twins, Goph hockey(MorW), or Wild, but no way of knowing which games FSNorth will have to carry as part of the national broadcast(Big 12?).

onbison09
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Gopher hockey doesn't have a game. Wild don't have a game. This is Lakes talking to the FSN execs about getting the game on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

onbison09
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
No conflicts with Twins, Goph hockey(MorW), or Wild, but no way of knowing which games FSNorth will have to carry as part of the national broadcast(Big 12?).

Damn you beat me! :D

Hammersmith
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Damn you beat me! :D

Ha! Messageboard ninja-fu. :D

TransAmBison
07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Doesn't matter...you will be at the game.

THEsocalledfan
07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Doesn't matter...you will be at the game.

So far, it it open, but I often have things "come out of the blue" during the fall for work on weekends. It currently blocked off for the game.

TransAmBison
07-22-2010, 01:14 PM
So far, it it open, but I often have things "come out of the blue" during the fall for work on weekends. It currently blocked off for the game.
Priorities. Need to get them in order. :D

lakesbison
07-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Minnesota Deer Hunting is Nov 6th & 13th, argh!!!!

aces1180
07-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Minnesota Deer Hunting is Nov 6th & 13th, argh!!!!

Why can't you go on Sunday? Or take of some time during the week?

Honest question, as I don't hunt. Heck, I got married on deer opener a few years ago.

56BISON73
07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Why can't you go on Sunday? Or take of some time during the week?

Honest question, as I don't hunt. Heck, I got married on deer opener a few years ago.

The deer opener is magical just like the Bison opener. Just think of the excitement you have for the first game. The same applies to deer hunters on the opener.
You also have the best chance to harvest a trophy deer on the opener. Plus its only a 9 day season and many only hunt on the weekends as they want to save vacation time.
But many die hard hunters hunt before they go to work and hunt afterward as well.

You also have the camaraderie thing going on with your fellow hunters(think tailgating and seeing friends you havent seen in a long time) and many families get together at this time of year. Its a tradition.

THEsocalledfan
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
The deer opener is magical just like the Bison opener. Just think of the excitement you have for the first game. The same applies to deer hunters on the opener.
You also have the best chance to harvest a trophy deer on the opener. Plus its only a 9 day season and many only hunt on the weekends as they want to save vacation time.
But many die hard hunters hunt before they go to work and hunt afterward as well.

You also have the camaraderie thing going on with your fellow hunters(think tailgating and seeing friends you havent seen in a long time) and many families get together at this time of year. Its a tradition.

Agree it is tradition for many, but also agree that folks can take one day off and and hunt all other times. Further, sounds like this is at the end of the 9 days season if I am understanding this; that first day is kind of like the walleye opener.....

lakesbison
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Its a BIG deal in the area, you're fooling yourself if you dont think so.

For example, my uncles will just love when I say at 10Am, "well Im outta here to go tailgate for ndsu game" I just wish NDSU could have NIGHT GAMES during the hunting season,

is it REALLy that difficult to do as such?

56BISON73
07-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Agree it is tradition for many, but also agree that folks can take one day off and and hunt all other times. Further, sounds like this is at the end of the 9 days season if I am understanding this; that first day is kind of like the walleye opener.....

They can but why should they if they love hunting? Plus the Bison have already played 8 games by then.

I will be in Clearbrook MN which is only 2 hours away and I wont be at the SIU game. I also wont be at the SDSU game unless Iam tagged out.

It really is too bad that they dont hold these games later on in the evening.

And yes the deer opener is like the walleye opener. Many vacations are planned around both.

THEsocalledfan
07-22-2010, 08:02 PM
They can but why should they if they love hunting? Plus the Bison have already played 8 games by then.

I will be in Clearbrook MN which is only 2 hours away and I wont be at the SIU game. I also wont be at the SDSU game unless Iam tagged out.

It really is too bad that they dont hold these games later on in the evening.

And yes the deer opener is like the walleye opener. Many vacations are planned around both.

As TAB said to me, my friend, priorities! It is not the first day of hunting season, so I do tend to think some folks should be able to tear themselves away for a game as potentially as big as this one. Everyone makes their own priorites, and I also could miss the game if some outside work came my way for the weekend that paid well.....

TransAmBison
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
As TAB said to me, my friend, priorities! It is not the first day of hunting season, so I do tend to think some folks should be able to tear themselves away for a game as potentially as big as this one. Everyone makes their own priorites, and I also could miss the game if some outside work came my way for the weekend that paid well.....
:smh:
That makes TAB sad. That is not THEsocalledfan I went to college with. An opportunity for good tailgating and good football cannot be matched by any price tag. Will you be there? I will.

THEsocalledfan
07-22-2010, 11:03 PM
:smh:
That makes TAB sad. That is not THEsocalledfan I went to college with. An opportunity for good tailgating and good football cannot be matched by any price tag. Will you be there? I will.

I will be too, but I can be bought off!

56BISON73
07-22-2010, 11:10 PM

Ah but it is the first day of the season. But you are correct it about priorities. So I will be spending that weekend with family and friends deer hunting. But I will be listening to the game in my box blind. I get the best of both worlds.

Tatanka
07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I will be too, but I can be bought off!

http://1-2knockout.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5505fc496883401053719d7de970b-800wi

RowdyRabbit
07-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Looking at your schedule on the gobison site, I noticed you guys call our game the Dakota Marker/Trees bowl.

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about? Obviously something similar to our "beef bowl" type thing but whats it all about?

DjKyRo
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Looking at your schedule on the gobison site, I noticed you guys call our game the Dakota Marker/Trees bowl.

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about?

Some sort of promotion thing, they plant a bunch of trees in the interest of wildlife conservation/support of the ag history of NDSU. Last year it was the game against MO St., I believe

mebisonII
07-25-2010, 11:03 PM

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about? Obviously something similar to our "beef bowl" type thing but whats it all about?

At one game per year they give out a bunch of saplings. I don't recall who sponsors it, or if there's anything special to get the trees (1st so many hundred? kids only?), but I assume that that's what the Tree Bowl is about.

Edit: maybe they don't give out trees regularly and that just happened once when I was younger...or maybe I just made it up...I dunno

Hammersmith
07-25-2010, 11:14 PM
You guys are right. The ND Forest Service sponsors the game and provides a large number of saplings that are given out as people leave. There are about 3000 pine saplings every year, each 6-12 inches tall. Purpose-wise, it's probably a little closer to SDSU's Cereal Bowl than the Beef Bowl. I think NDSU's Harvest Bowl is more similar to the Beef Bowl.