PDA

View Full Version : NDSU and Sanford Health Announce Partnership to Train and Care for Student-Athletes

99Bison
06-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Released this am:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NDSU and Sanford Health Announce Partnership to Train and Care for Student-Athletes

FARGO, N.D. – North Dakota State University Athletics and Sanford Health have reached an agreement naming Sanford Health as the official sports medicine team for the Bison. With the wellness of the student-athlete coming first and foremost, there will be no interruption of care for NDSU athletics.

"We are excited for our partnership with Sanford Health. The medical care of our student-athletes is very important to their success and well-being. The sports medicine coverage they provide along with access to other medical services and cutting-edge research will be of great benefit to our athletes," said Gene Taylor, NDSU director of athletics.

Effective July 1, 2010, team Sanford Health will start providing comprehensive sports medicine services including: board-certified and fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons and primary care sports physicians, researchers and exercise physiologists. Programming to maximize safety, performance, strength and conditioning, and the overall health of the student-athlete are the cornerstones of Sanford Health’s commitment to the Bison.

North Dakota State University student-athletes will also have full access to all that Sanford Health provides, including over 800 physicians from highly respected services such as National Institute for Athletic Health & Performance, Roger Maris Cancer Center, the Heart Center, Neuroscience Center and much more. Sanford’s National Institute for Athletic Health & Performance is led by Michael Bergeron, Ph.D. The Institute serves as a nationally trusted resource and recognized leader in conducting research on hydration, nutrition, training and injury risk reduction for improving athletic performance.

“As Sanford continues to increase its national presence, it is logical we would look to partner with D-I programs. NDSU and Sanford are two great Dakota success stories, deeply rooted in the history of this region. The opportunity to enhance the lives of the region’s elite athletes is incredibly humbling and yet extremely exciting,” said Kelby Krabbenhoft, CEO/President of Sanford Health.

DjKyRo
06-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Awesome news, but this is like the third time it's been posted. :)

roadwarrior
06-29-2010, 06:34 PM
We want to make sure everyone sees it. :D

tony
06-29-2010, 07:21 PM
We want to make sure everyone sees it. :D

Heck, I think we should have a thread about it under every sport :).

I almost started one in track and field to talk specifically about that part of the project but decided to wait until there are more details.

It seems like you'd have to have the track part before doing anything that would close down the current BSA court and track.

99Bison
06-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Awesome news, but this is like the third time it's been posted. :)

Hey... but this thread was first!

(I think, not wasting the time to verify)

sambini
07-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Great News+++++