PDA

View Full Version : MN Metro v Outstate

tony
06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
MN Metro v Outstate game:

John Crockett ran 10 times for 82 yards and a TD to lead the metro team in yardage and yards per carry.

Carlton Littlejohn was named defensive MVP for intercepting at least two passes (one for a touchdown.)

Zach Vraa led the metro team's receivers (they only completed 9 passes and he caught 2 for 28 yards.)

The other guys on the team didn't get a mention in the Tribune story (Grant Olson, Billy Turner, and Andy Pfeiffer.)

I'm not sure how John Crockett didn't get offensive MVP. Another RB, Brandon Marquardt won it for his 6 rushes for 31 yards and one TD and no receptions - Brandon is a good back but it sure seems that Crockett had a much better game. Anybody know what that's all about?

westnodak93bison
06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone have a link to the article? I did a search on the Red Star Tribune website but couldn't find it. Thanks.

tony
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
D'oh...

here's the link (nice story - three pages in all):

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100627/SPORTS03/106270040/1002/SPORTS

westnodak93bison
06-27-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Crockett as our starting TB by game 3.

Kermit
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Earlier in the spring, Crockett's high school coach was quoted as saying that he will almost certainly be a non-qualifier for academic reasons. If that is true (I have no idea), he would not be able to play or practice with the team for one full year. He certainly appears to be extremely talented.

Bryan
06-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately, this game doesn't get much attention anymore since almost all the D1 recruits don't play in it. Most are already at there colleges or there schools don't want them playing in a game in the middle of the summer.

Seantrel Henderson(USC), Beau Allen(wisconsin),Lamonte Edwards(minnesota), Jimmy Gjere(minnesota), AJ Tarpley(stanford),JD Pride(minnesota), Tobi Okuyemi(nebraska), Evan Willimas(wyoming), Mark Alt(minnesota hockey) all did not play or attend. Thsi game should be played at the Dome in Jan or Feb and then you may see most of the top kids play. Too bad.

lakesbison
06-28-2010, 01:10 AM
it was always a bigtime game in the 90's, but like was stated, last 4-5 years the prima donna's getting the bcs scholly's have been scared to play for fear of getting hurt (or getting their ass beat by the outstate players that play the game tough)

great showing for the ndsu recruits, cant wait!

4mcruenomore
06-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Sounds like some good news, good recruits!

SlickVic
06-28-2010, 02:52 AM

is he even going to be eligible?

westnodak93bison
06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I didnt say what year. ;)