PDA

View Full Version : FargoDome continues success

cbline
06-25-2010, 12:19 AM
The dome continues to surpass the budget for this year. Good job for the whole crew there!!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/282825/

TheBisonator
06-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Meanwhile, at the Alerus...:pan:

tony
06-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Hardly news anymore. Everybody in Grand Forks knows that these places have to lose money to be successful.

Hambone
06-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Huh - only took until post 2 to bring up something UND/Grand Forks related. Thus far, 2 of 3 posts about that subject. Way to go guys!

roadwarrior
06-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Why do you think the Forum prints an article every month about the Fargodome finances? I think it is to poke fun at Grand Forks.

met1990
06-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Nice work to Rob and everyone at the dome!

You know, the state of ND should really combine the finances of the Fargodome and the other main multi-purpose indoor football facilities in the Red River Valley. As a way of recognizing the low elevation of the valley they could call it the Plummit (a unique and marketable play on "plummet") League. That way all the money-losing venues could drag the financially stable venues down to their level.

tony
06-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Huh - only took until post 2 to bring up something UND/Grand Forks related. Thus far, 2 of 3 posts about that subject. Way to go guys!

It's never going to get old :)

I'll never forget the series of editorials and editorials-masked-as-news that the Herald ran about the FargoDome being a folly.

TheBisonator
06-25-2010, 03:39 AM
It's never going to get old :)

I'll never forget the series of editorials and editorials-masked-as-news that the Herald ran about the FargoDome being a folly.

It's cause they're jealous. GF will never be half of what F-M is.

EndZoneQB
06-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I work over at the Fargodome in the offices once in a great while and it seems like a great atmosphere over there too! Really laid back but yet down to business. I'm jealous.

Tatanka
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Nice work to Rob and everyone at the dome!

You know, the state of ND should really combine the finances of the Fargodome and the other main multi-purpose indoor football facilities in the Red River Valley. As a way of recognizing the low elevation of the valley they could call it the Plummit (a unique and marketable play on "plummet") League. That way all the money-losing venues could drag the financially stable venues down to their level.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/17/633729018099447460-Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
And so does the goat's owner up in Grand Forks.

Bisonguy
06-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Hardly news anymore. Everybody in Grand Forks knows that these places have to lose money to be successful.

Well, technically losing money is a success for the Alerus in 2011, seeing as how they're actually budgeting in the red (and that's including the $390k in tax subsidies)- http://areavoices.com/gfhcitybeat/index.cfm?blog=81496

I'm anxiously awaiting the GF Herald to proclaim the Alerus far surpassed their budget by $350k in 2011, only to leave out the slight detail that it left them $500k in the red.

Tatanka
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Well, technically losing money is a success for the Alerus in 2011, seeing as how they're actually budgeting in the red (and that's including the $390k in tax subsidies)- http://areavoices.com/gfhcitybeat/index.cfm?blog=81496

I'm anxiously awaiting the GF Herald to proclaim the Alerus far surpassed their budget by $350k in 2011, only to leave out the slight detail that it left them $500k in the red.

I'm waiting for the city of Grand Forks to formally petition the state for a bailout on the grounds that they need the extra money to keep up with Fargo who did it on their own. Wait. Did that already happen once or twice. Oh. That was teh University, not the city. Either way.

imabison
06-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Why do you think the Forum prints an article every month about the Fargodome finances? I think it is to poke fun at Grand Forks.

Actually on the same day the articles in the GF Herald were about the Alerus accepting a budgeted loss of something like ($ 192,000) including the money from their tax to assist with events. Something also about major concerts bypassing them because of poor attendance in 2008 and 2009 Humm:) :)

BadlandsBison
06-26-2010, 04:59 PM

Hey don't be jealous. Just close your eyes and think of a zamboni when things get too real.

roadwarrior
06-26-2010, 06:48 PM
If I am reading the city's financial statements correctly, it looks like the Fargodome capital improvements fund balance at the end of 2009 was $27,832,091!

TheBisonator
06-26-2010, 08:13 PM
If I am reading the city's financial statements correctly, it looks like the Fargodome capital improvements fund balance at the end of 2009 was $27,832,091!

Could NDSU request that some of that money be used to expand FFD seating, if the need ever arose??

Tatanka
06-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Could NDSU request that some of that money be used to expand FFD seating, if the need ever arose??

Or maybe to replace the existing seating with appropriately colored seating? Or maybe.... wait for it.... new turf???

Oh crap. Now I've done it. Sorry.

TheBisonator
06-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Or maybe to replace the existing seating with appropriately colored seating? Or maybe.... wait for it.... new turf???

Oh crap. Now I've done it. Sorry.

If they have 28 million dollars in the piggy bank, they need to spend 3 percent of it on new turf ASAP. That's what it would probably cost. 840K give or take. It's a priority that needs to be taken care of. I heard from someone that the Tin Shed is getting new Field Turf. I don't want to see us be the last football team in North America to play on the old stuff.

Tatanka
06-27-2010, 01:42 AM
If they have 28 million dollars in the piggy bank, they need to spend 3 percent of it on new turf ASAP. That's what it would probably cost. 840K give or take. It's a priority that needs to be taken care of. I heard from someone that the Tin Shed is getting new Field Turf. I don't want to see us be the last football team in North America to play on the old stuff.

Because THAT will address their annual revenue shortfall, I'm sure. What, did FEMA appropriate more funding?

onbison09
06-27-2010, 04:37 AM

Well maybe that will propel is to get some. It's about damn time.

sambini
06-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Great job Rob Sobolik and his staff++