PDA

View Full Version : facilities question re NDSU/UND baseball from someone who doesn't follow either

MplsLaker
06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
what are the NDSU/UND baseball programs going to do when the metrodome is torn down in a few years and minneapolis no longer "conveniently" provides them with an indoor baseball facility 5 hours away to play in during early/mid march when it is often still "iffy" with winter weather in north dakota?

from what i hear the vikings, minneapolis and minnesota are not interested in paying any extra money that would be required to make a new NFL football facility capable of hosting baseball as well. sounds like it would be a true football/soccer only facility with sightlines/seating to match.

thoughts? are there any facilities in north dakota that can be converted or used as-is for NDSU/UND early spring baseball?

roadwarrior
06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Since NDSU has only played there a couple of times other than against the Gophers I don't think this is really a big deal if the facility disappears.

lakesbison
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM
the game was only played cuz und begged for us to play after they rented it and couldnt find anyone else.

sorry, you lose again mplslaker. we dont care.

HandoEX
06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
This doesn't make any sense. Besides the games against the UofM, NDSU has played 6 games in the last 5 years at the Metrodome. Why would we care if it closed?

Tatanka
06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.boatmartusa.com/marinemall/images/25413.gif

:smh: :smh:

ndsubison1
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
what are the NDSU/UND baseball programs going to do when the metrodome is torn down in a few years and minneapolis no longer "conveniently" provides them with an indoor baseball facility 5 hours away to play in during early/mid march when it is often still "iffy" with winter weather in north dakota?

from what i hear the vikings, minneapolis and minnesota are not interested in paying any extra money that would be required to make a new NFL football facility capable of hosting baseball as well. sounds like it would be a true football/soccer only facility with sightlines/seating to match.

thoughts? are there any facilities in north dakota that can be converted or used as-is for NDSU/UND early spring baseball?

We'll just not play or try to fit it in during April

sambini
06-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Tear it down +++

MplsLaker
06-23-2010, 04:59 AM
This doesn't make any sense. Besides the games against the UofM, NDSU has played 6 games in the last 5 years at the Metrodome. Why would we care if it closed?

actually, it makes tons of sense. second, that wasn't the question. it had nothing to do with the U of M. pretty sure i didn't even mention them in my question.

it was an actual question pertaining to whether or not there are any alternative options for north dakota schools to play baseball IN north dakota during march IF the metrodome in minneapolis is no longer a possible facility scheduling option for them anymore. it seems like NDSU/UND have been playing games in the dome the last few years during march (and not always against the gophers) and therefore i was wondering about the baseball facilities available in the state of ND when/if the minneapolis option no longer exists.

EndZoneQB
06-23-2010, 05:22 AM
actually, it makes tons of sense. second, that wasn't the question. it had nothing to do with the U of M. pretty sure i didn't even mention them in my question.

it was an actual question pertaining to whether or not there are any alternative options for north dakota schools to play baseball IN north dakota during march IF the metrodome in minneapolis is no longer a possible facility scheduling option for them anymore. it seems like NDSU/UND have been playing games in the dome the last few years during march (and not always against the gophers) and therefore i was wondering about the baseball facilities available in the state of ND when/if the minneapolis option no longer exists.

In which his response was 6 games other than the gophers(since you did bring them up now) in FIVE years. It's a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.

Hammersmith
06-23-2010, 05:33 AM

Oh lordy lord, what will we do without that amazing palace to baseball called the Metrodome!?! I mean, we rely on it every year because we poor North Dakota hicks can't play baseyball anywhere else. We play whole months in there.

Oh wait, we've played a total of two whole series in there in the last decade where the opponent wasn't the Gophers. One series was against UND this year in a move that was as much political as weather-related. And we played a doubleheader there versus St. Cloud State back in 2008 because we were already there from a Gopher game two days earlier. That's it. Wow. We really depend on the Dump for early season games don't we?

For the answer to your idiotic question(which was just you being a troll, of course), we'll continue to do what we've always done, and what every northern team does. We'll schedule lots of away games to southern schools early in the season and then schedule home games later in the season. What rocket science!

BTW, do they teach reading at Marquette? Because you are just a total fail in that area.

NorthernBison
06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Apparently our troll is also a total fail at deductive reasoning too.

The whole point of his "question" was to take a shot at us about not having the fabulous Metrodome to play early season baseball (where we seldom play anyway). Does UMTC have a domed baseball stadium? No. Who is really losing their flexibility here?

siouxdgj
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
the game was only played cuz und begged for us to play after they rented it and couldnt find anyone else.

sorry, you lose again mplslaker. we dont care.

At the risk of being labled another troll, here goes: Where is your credible reliable source regarding, "the game was only played cuz UND begged for us to play after they rented it and couldn't find anyone else"? Methinks your unadulterated hatred for UND is rearing its ugly head again. Perhaps you were correct when you also said that NDSU playing UND in baseball didn't have any real advantage for NDSU. Judging by the fact UND took three of four from NDSU in April at the Metrodome, I believe you may be onto something there.

HandoEX
07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
At the risk of being labled another troll, here goes: Where is your credible reliable source regarding, "the game was only played cuz UND begged for us to play after they rented it and couldn't find anyone else"? Methinks your unadulterated hatred for UND is rearing its ugly head again. Perhaps you were correct when you also said that NDSU playing UND in baseball didn't have any real advantage for NDSU. Judging by the fact UND took three of four from NDSU in April at the Metrodome, I believe you may be onto something there.

I think I remember reading the the Bison Media Blog that UND had another opponent that backed out so they asked NDSU to take that team's place. I could be wrong though.

siouxdgj
07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I think I remember reading the the Bison Media Blog that UND had another opponent that backed out so they asked NDSU to take that team's place. I could be wrong though.

That's a credible explanation I'll buy. And thanks.

lakesbison
07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
and my apology?>

siouxdgj
07-15-2010, 01:59 AM
and my apology?>

Consider it done.

lakesbison
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
consider it done?

or im sorry. haha. peace, stay out of my garden !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pj55E_gTY

siouxdgj
07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
consider it done?

or im sorry. haha. peace, stay out of my garden !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pj55E_gTY

Can't a guy even offer a sincere apology on Bisonville? All right. I'll withdraw my apology until I find out what's up.

56BISON73
07-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Can't a guy even offer a sincere apology on Bisonville? All right. I'll withdraw my apology until I find out what's up.

I dont think an apology is warranted as Lakes explanation of the events is totally different than what happened.

""""the game was only played cuz UND begged for us to play after they rented it and couldn't find anyone else"? """

""""another opponent that backed out so they asked NDSU to take that team's place""""

The senarios are much different

siouxdgj
07-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I dont think an apology is warranted as Lakes explanation of the events is totally different than what happened.

""""the game was only played cuz UND begged for us to play after they rented it and couldn't find anyone else"? """

""""another opponent that backed out so they asked NDSU to take that team's place""""

The senarios are much different

I like your interpretation and explanation much better, 56BISON73. Makes sense to me. By the way, hope the Bison have a much better season on the gridiron this year. Below .500 seasons are hard to take in anybody's book, especially for a program with such a rich heritage and tradition.