PDA

View Full Version : Conference expansion creating options for und

Facts
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Looks like und may have found a home after all...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/281766/group/Sports/

ndsubison1
06-14-2010, 03:24 PM
They will have a tough time winning some conference championships

NorthernBison
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously,
This looks like a "Slam dunk" for Minot and USF. I think the Northern Sun is commited to adding two more schools and those two are already in DII and are perfect fits for the conference as it currently exists.

The remainder of the DAC is screwed.

roadwarrior
06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm sure this 16 team NSIC looks wonderful to that writer at the St Cloud paper. A great place for the Huskies to be!

Tatanka
06-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm sure this 16 team NSIC looks wonderful to that writer at the St Cloud paper. A great place for the Huskies to be!

I'm sure there will be many, many "meaningful games" played in Minot in January. That plus they're in a "super conference" just like the big boys. All things positive for SCSU.

OTOH, damn I wish Kupchella was still at UND. He would have definiely petitioned the NCAA to allow them to join the NSIC (but still call themselves "Divison I" and retain the higher scholarship totals). TMWTFN would have definitely voted them in.

tjbison
06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah I bet Mankato, Duluth, St. Cloud never thought in a hundred years they would be in a Conference with let alone the same level as Minot St, Black Hill, etc.... and considering I bet there is virtually nobody in Mankato that knows where Minot is or even what state its in.

WOW how things have changed

Bison bison
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
We should have stayed DII.

Facts
06-15-2010, 02:59 AM
Reading through the heraldo http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/165131/ I came across this dandy of a quote:

Seriously, can anyone imagine one state school moving to the next level and the other state school staying behind?

I can't decide if Wayne's trying to be funny or if he's actually serious. Countless articles in his newspaper ripped NDSU for the DI move... then und follows suit 5 years later... He has to be joking.

Tatanka
06-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Missed the much-ballyhood and hyped story on Fox News at 9 about the state of Fighting Sioux athletics, straight from the AD's mouth.

Suppose I missed something? Can anyone fill me in?

gotts
06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Missed the much-ballyhood and hyped story on Fox News at 9 about the state of Fighting Sioux athletics, straight from the AD's mouth.

Suppose I missed something? Can anyone fill me in?

I might be reaching here, but I think it had something to do with "owning goats."

Tatanka
06-15-2010, 03:46 AM
I might be reaching here, but I think it had something to do with "owning goats."

This has been confirmed with an outside source. Apparently the Fighting Sioux Club is starting up a goat ownership drive as a fundraiser. Problem is most of their alumni alreay own goats for free.

EricB
06-19-2010, 06:56 PM
This has been confirmed with an outside source. Apparently the Fighting Sioux Club is starting up a goat ownership drive as a fundraiser. Problem is most of their alumni alreay own goats for free.

And you can say this with a straight face being NDSU is an AG school? :hide:

tony
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
And you can say this with a straight face being NDSU is an AG school? :hide:

Wow, you really put us into our place. Imagine our shame as alumni to be associated with a school that supports, instead of insults, the #1 industry in North Dakota. :)

Tatanka
06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
not only can I say it with a straight face, I can say it with virtual certainty.

are you suggesting that the oft-quoted axiom from the downstream normal school regarding farm ownership is somehow not true? does it not stand to reason that if the UND grads do in fact own the farm that they also own farm animals? now you might have a point in that not everyone who attended UND owns goats. i'm sure there are many that own chickens, swine, cattle, and maybe even horses and donkeys. I think I saw an ad for a movie once about a guy (could definitely have attended UND) that was really into owning donkeys but once I cleaned the viruses off my computer those ads went away for the most part.

But I digress. Yes, Virginia, a lot of goat owners in fact at one time attended UND. but the folks in the bunker, who definitely know their target market, know there are still UND grads out there who have not yet had the opportunity for goat ownership, as hard as that is to believe. hence the promotion.

say hi to your goat for me.

qed

ndsubison1
06-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Florida, Texas A&M, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa State, are all ag schools too

TheBisonator
06-20-2010, 03:30 AM
not only can I say it with a straight face, I can say it with virtual certainty.

are you suggesting that the oft-quoted axiom from the downstream normal school regarding farm ownership is somehow not true? does it not stand to reason that if the UND grads do in fact own the farm that they also own farm animals? now you might have a point in that not everyone who attended UND owns goats. i'm sure there are many that own chickens, swine, cattle, and maybe even horses and donkeys. I think I saw an ad for a movie once about a guy (could definitely have attended UND) that was really into owning donkeys but once I cleaned the viruses off my computer those ads went away for the most part.

But I digress. Yes, Virginia, a lot of goat owners in fact at one time attended UND. but the folks in the bunker, who definitely know their target market, know there are still UND grads out there who have not yet had the opportunity for goat ownership, as hard as that is to believe. hence the promotion.

qed

And that's one green chiclet for you.

sambini
06-20-2010, 06:56 PM

qed+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EricB
06-20-2010, 08:08 PM

qed

Actually there is an old saying if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU if you want to own the farm you go to UND. Just saying. :nod: :hide: :D As far as goats and sheep go I think our friends in Montana can keep us up to speed on that subject.

Tatanka
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Actually there is an old saying if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU if you want to own the farm you go to UND. Just saying. :nod: :hide: :D As far as goats and sheep go I think our friends in Montana can keep us up to speed on that subject.

Dude. You're quick. :rolleyes:

Perhaps one day, you'll be a goat owner if you're not already. From the looks of it you're well on your way...

EDIT: Thanks for the neg rep!

ndsubison1
06-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Never heard that one before... :rolleyes:

If you want to build and design the farm you go to NDSU

Facts
06-22-2010, 02:36 AM

I hereby knight the: "ErictheB" :D

EricB
06-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Never heard that one before... :rolleyes:

If you want to build and design the farm you go to NDSU

Fair enough.

KC Bison
07-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Its always interesting to watch und who is way too sophisticated for agriculture but will fight for anything that involves $$money$$ from ag research. They're always fighting for any scrapes left over after NDSU grabs the lion's share of the funds. Recently, they wanted to make some money by throwing a camera into one of the space vehicles. The purpose was to look at crops from space and they called it AgCam. Apparently, they don't know how to do a trademark search and were threatened with a lawsuit and had to change the name. Sort like using Kermit the frog for their hockey mascot and getting sued by the Jim Henson group to stop using the name/image. They have a law school but it appears that trademarks/copyrights are a little too difficult for them to handle.

Tatanka
07-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Its always interesting to watch und who is way too sophisticated for agriculture but will fight for anything that involves $$money$$ from ag research. They're always fighting for any scrapes left over after NDSU grabs the lion's share of the funds. Recently, they wanted to make some money by throwing a camera into one of the space vehicles. The purpose was to look at crops from space and they called it AgCam. Apparently, they don't know how to do a trademark search and were threatened with a lawsuit and had to change the name. Sort like using Kermit the frog for their hockey mascot and getting sued by the Jim Henson group to stop using the name/image. They have a law school but it appears that trademarks/copyrights are a little too difficult for them to handle.

That there is a thinking man's smack. And it's the truth to boot.