PDA

View Full Version : Dome Nazi back off...

imabison
06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Some friends of mine were our riding Bikes by the Ribfest and stopped behind the stage on Friday night. Listening a bit, and mostly resting. A dome nazi comes up and tells them they have to move on they cannot stay there.

Oh one of them said, who says so. The dome nazi replied you just can't stay here, but then the comment was made well this is CITY properly?

Not sure if a PD badge was displayed or not but the dome nazi shut right up turned and walked away.

Twentysix
06-14-2010, 04:42 AM
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/funny_owned_boy.jpg

ndsubison1
06-14-2010, 05:11 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-your-cat-does-not-care.jpg

02Bison
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Some friends of mine were our riding Bikes by the Ribfest and stopped behind the stage on Friday night. Listening a bit, and mostly resting. A dome nazi comes up and tells them they have to move on they cannot stay there.

Oh one of them said, who says so. The dome nazi replied you just can't stay here, but then the comment was made well this is CITY properly?

Not sure if a PD badge was displayed or not but the dome nazi shut right up turned and walked away.

Click this link (http://www.writtenhumor.com/story/156) ....

KC Bison
06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
The dome nazi?? I thought Ralph died?

JSUBison
06-26-2010, 05:41 AM
The dome nazi?? I thought Ralph died?

Nope, he's alive and well in Argentina. I heard he's working on something called the final solution. I don't know what that is, must have something to do with hockey???

lakesbison
09-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Well. After Kansas. Uni..not 1 cop,security.

15 min in Fargo....been told to put away empty beer cases, shut trunk cuz there's a case in there. Reminded to not play drinking games. Oh seen 20+ cop/security.....RIDICULOUS

duluthbison
09-19-2010, 03:20 AM
You should have seen them in the student section. I thought one kid was gonna get kicked out for crawling under a yellow tape line.

Then they were freaking out over the kids who were throwing the glow sticks, one actually hit a morgan state player on the sideline. :D

Thunder_Struck
09-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Who was the genious marketing person that thought giving students glow sticks was a good idea? Looked cool, but you had to know what was coming. I was surprised there were not more thrown.

Tatanka
09-19-2010, 03:42 AM
You should have seen them in the student section. I thought one kid was gonna get kicked out for crawling under a yellow tape line.

Then they were freaking out over the kids who were throwing the glow sticks, one actually hit a morgan state player on the sideline. :D

To be fair, they should freak out over the idiots throwing things on the field. I mean, really. :smh:

But one of the toolbags in a security shirt came over and started barking at my wife and kids because our flag was hanging over the banner in the south end zone. weaksauce.

heckler
09-19-2010, 05:21 AM
Remember no coolers with beer logos on them!

NDSUstudent
09-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Remember no coolers with beer logos on them!

You've gotta be kidding me.

lakesbison
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
K ya. heckl got that one

MNLonghorn10
09-19-2010, 02:09 PM
surprised we got in a few large games of tippy cup in though.

Bisonfan1
09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Im all for security up to a certain point but holy cow do they really need to spend that much money for an entire regiment in the tailgate lot ? We tailgated for 2 hours AFTER Kansas game in lot 90 and saw no security and probably could have stayed there all night long. I heard for next week that we will all be issued shock collars to turn in at gate on way out, you go past the hour after game ends and its ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP as a reminder to leave.

OrygunBison
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
I've tailgated in Ann Arbor about 10 times for the Wolverines, in Eugene for the Ducks probably 50 times and in Seattle for the Huskies probably 7 or 8 times. In that time, I cannot remember one time seeing a cop except for traffic control at the entrance to the tailgate lots or on the field right before the end of half/game.

I swear, it all still goes back to that damn whiskey bottle going through the pressbox window in 1988.

Bison bison
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Im all for security up to a certain point but holy cow do they really need to spend that much money for an entire regiment in the tailgate lot ? We tailgated for 2 hours AFTER Kansas game in lot 90 and saw no security and probably could have stayed there all night long. I heard for next week that we will all be issued shock collars to turn in at gate on way out, you go past the hour after game ends and its ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP as a reminder to leave.

++

has anything occurred in the lot that has merited more than a few security guards?

my experience is that tailgating is about as close as I'll every get to a hippie love fest - with the camaraderie and goodwill with people i share nothing with but a love of bison football, beer, food, and a good time.

Bisonfan1
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
++

has anything occurred in the lot that has merited more than a few security guards?

my experience is that tailgating is about as close as I'll every get to a hippie love fest - with the camaraderie and goodwill with people i share nothing with but a love of bison football, beer, food, and a good time.

NOPE - SDBison was on top of the motorhome about 3 years ago leading cheers with a megaphone. That must be what prompted a large force of stormtroopers to maintain calm. Thanx SD, ruined it for everyone :D

ndsubison1
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
So it all stems back to SD...

Bison"FANatic"
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
NOPE - SDBison was on top of the motorhome about 3 years ago leading cheers with a megaphone. That must be what prompted a large force of stormtroopers to maintain calm. Thanx SD, ruined it for everyone :D

We need to have a SD type at every entrance with a megaphone as everyone comes in doors instructing and getting everyone fired up. Telling them:

We need you to be the 12th man. Stand up and yell and scream. If you can't do it often do on 3rd down. If you don't know what to yell just yell OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in a single monotone noisy voice. We need to have a Dome field advantage.

It could be the "BE THE TWELFTH MAN" campaign. Then put the cheerleaders down front with "GET LOUD" Signs. That they hold up on 3rd downs. Flips and lifts are cool but lets get them "cheer leading".

The dome will follow if there is enough leading.

Tatanka
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
We need to have a SD type at every entrance with a megaphone as everyone comes in doors instructing and getting everyone fired up. Telling them:

We need you to be the 12th man. Stand up and yell and scream. If you can't do it often do on 3rd down. If you don't know what to yell just yell OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in a single monotone noisy voice. We need to have a Dome field advantage.

It could be the "BE THE TWELFTH MAN" campaign. Then put the cheerleaders down front with "GET LOUD" Signs. That they hold up on 3rd downs. Flips and lifts are cool but lets get them "cheer leading".

This idea has some merit.

56BISON73
09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey what about that new cheer that will be enjoyed by the generations to come.:D

NorthernBison
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey what about that new cheer that will be enjoyed by the generations to come.:D

WTF was that? I had to stick my fingers in my ears to blot it out. That wasn't serious was it?

The other painful moment of the night was when they played Michael Jackson ("Beat It") between plays. Really? I didn't know it was still the 80's.

ndsubison1
09-19-2010, 11:24 PM
WTF was that? I had to stick my fingers in my ears to blot it out. That wasn't serious was it?

The other painful moment of the night was when they played Michael Jackson ("Beat It") between plays. Really? I didn't know it was still the 80's.

God the band has such a love affair with Michael Jackson

ISXBISON
09-19-2010, 11:44 PM

Ya--if that was the winner, I'd hate to see what the runners up were. Or was there only one entry:confused:

North Side
09-20-2010, 12:32 AM

the glows sticks and that chant were an

EPIC FAIL

I give them one point for trying though

56BISON73
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
the glows sticks and that chant were an

EPIC FAIL

I give them one point for trying though

Yeah nice try. But could you get them to post the Michigan-Notre Dame score??? NO But they were all over Weber State and Sacramento.

Bison bison
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM

+++

that crazy-ass sweeny guy had a rousing speech prior to the first minnesota. it was totally kick a@@.

Tatanka
09-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah nice try. But could you get them to post the Michigan-Notre Dame score??? NO But they were all over Weber State and Sacramento.

For some reason they didn't post the Tomato Bowl score either... Hmmmmm...

56BISON73
09-20-2010, 01:47 AM
For some reason they didn't post the Tomato Bowl score either... Hmmmmm...

I have sent another email asking why every venue in the US posts game day FB scores except the FD. Weber and Sac dont count because that was left over from last year.:D

duluthbison
09-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Can you imagine what would have happened if NDSU students rushed the field like what happened at the Baylor v. TCU game tonight!?

coldspot
09-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Can you imagine what would have happened if NDSU students rushed the field like what happened at the Baylor v. TCU game tonight!?

there's not enough room in the county clink.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2011, 04:25 PM
there's not enough room in the county clink.

You get arrested and charged with criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. Just saying.

56BISON73
09-04-2011, 05:57 PM
When I did see secuirity they were paired with Fargo PD personell. Any interaction I had with secuity or the PD was positive. Feed a few and joked with others.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2011, 06:30 PM
When I did see secuirity they were paired with Fargo PD personell. Any interaction I had with secuity or the PD was positive. Feed a few and joked with others.

Yep. A couple came and looked at the bus and were complimentary. I thought we might have some trouble with the external speakers, etc.

KilldeerBison
09-05-2011, 03:15 AM
You get arrested and charged with criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. Just saying.

And that's not even going over the wall, imagine what you'd get charged with if you ever made it onto the field. Off with your head!:facepalm2:

imabison
06-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Well the Dome Nazi are back at it,

Ribfest pay fee walkin get stamped and some chick says take off your hat, I said you want me to take off my hat she said yes,

"Do you want to see the scars???" no I want to make sure you do not have liquor under the hat..
My Oh My guess they must have been concerned.

I did notice a lack of them standing by the fence telling people they could not stand there to listen to the music on 19th ave this year.

17>1
06-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Well the Dome Nazi are back at it,

Ribfest pay fee walkin get stamped and some chick says take off your hat, I said you want me to take off my hat she said yes,

"Do you want to see the scars???" no I want to make sure you do not have liquor under the hat..
My Oh My guess they must have been concerned.

I did notice a lack of them standing by the fence telling people they could not stand there to listen to the music on 19th ave this year.

I wasn't asked to remove my hat. Must've been a different lady who took my ticket.

imabison
06-09-2016, 04:34 PM
I wasn't asked to remove my hat. Must've been a different lady who took my ticket.

It wasn't the ladies taking the tickets it was after the hand stamp station. Then security on the 19th ave side.
Oh well I was amused...took my bottle in by other means...just kidding...

17>1
06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
It wasn't the ladies taking the tickets it was after the hand stamp station. Then security on the 19th ave side.
Oh well I was amused...took my bottle in by other means...just kidding...

Gotcha. I will say I felt really old there last night.

imabison
06-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Gotcha. I will say I felt really old there last night.

Yup to really old, and yesterday they were not even checking with the extra security, of course the crowd was
down by at least 60% over the night before also.

Hammerhead
06-13-2016, 02:03 AM
I probably get asked to remove my baseball cap about half the time when I'm attending a concert at a large venue. It's not a big deal to me although I the top of my head is the last place I'd put a flask if I wanted to sneak one in. Even at the Garth Brooks concert this spring, they asked the guy ahead of me to take off his cap, but not me for some reason.

Most places also take the cap from your pop bottle which is something I really care about. :)

I'd recommend using one of these, but then people might freak out if you use the wrong bathroom.

http://www.stupid.com/assets/images/WINERK_1.jpg

Bison Loaf
06-13-2016, 02:34 AM
I'd recommend using one of these, but then people might freak out if you use the wrong bathroom.

http://www.stupid.com/assets/images/WINERK_1.jpg

Is THAT was those look like!?!

Well, no WONDER I had trouble getting them off my dates in the back seat! :biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2016, 04:16 AM
Is THAT was those look like!?!

Well, no WONDER I had trouble getting them off my dates in the back seat! :biggrin:
Next time tell him to use a bro

thundarsdaddy
06-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah f***in' kids today!!!

They throw sh*t on the field...they get too rowdy....they yell too much...they say nasty things....

Then the STUDENT section is bad too!!!

hahaha

So when someone says, how things in the "old" days were so much better, kindly remind them that those were the years they used to wear dresses, or suits and ties, then rush the field and "tear the goalposts down"!!

imabison
06-14-2016, 06:02 PM
There was a fight at Ribfest, right in front of the Sound Tent, it took security forever to get there. Luckily the crowd took control immediately
the agressor was absolutely pinned to the ground on his back flailing away. That was until some of his friends got the guy to let him up and
took him away. When security did arrive there was a stream of arms pointing the direction for him to bet the guy out of the event.

offroader613
06-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Was that the one Saturday night?

coldspot
06-14-2016, 11:31 PM
There was a fight at Ribfest, right in front of the Sound Tent, it took security forever to get there. Luckily the crowd took control immediately
the agressor was absolutely pinned to the ground on his back flailing away. That was until some of his friends got the guy to let him up and
took him away. When security did arrive there was a stream of arms pointing the direction for him to bet the guy out of the event.

if only the guy that started the fight was a minor with a flask he got past security, they wouldn't have taken forever to get to him.

imabison
06-15-2016, 03:53 AM
Was that the one Saturday night?

The one on Saturday night? might have been more, but it was Saturday night.

Caused by a intoxicated guy who spilled beer on a gal who took exception, told the kid she wood knock him on pass if her did it again.

imabison
06-15-2016, 03:55 AM
Anyone go to vote tonight at the dome, north lot blocked off, forced people who did nit know it to pull back on 19 th and go to University, a bit dangerous but