North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

It's not the WAC. The WAC would probably be rebuilt with the remaining current WAC schools plus Sac State and Cal-Poly and Davis. This might be a newly formed conference.

A lot of academic peers in this conference (Idaho, NMSU, USU, Wyo, SDSU, NDSU, Montana schools). Basically all athletic peers, with a few programs who are downright better than ours. This would make us try to step up our game somewhat. Athletic budgets could range from $20 million to $30 million. I see the athletic budgets at these schools, and no one exceeds $30 million at this moment. Next year, we will be at $14 million, so we would need to increase that by at least 50 percent in order to be competative.

The only fans I think would have a problem with this would be Wyoming fans. They think their athletic program is head over heels above any Dakota school. NDSU and SDSU however are basically academically identical to Wyoming, and we would just need to step up our athletic spending. This would be an FBS conference anyway.

What do you think??

Shawn-O
06-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Bear with me now.

New Mexico State
Wyoming
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

It's not the WAC. The WAC would probably be rebuilt with the remaining current WAC schools plus Sac State and Cal-Poly and Davis. This might be a newly formed conference.

A lot of academic peers in this conference (Idaho, NMSU, USU, Wyo, SDSU, NDSU, Montana schools). Basically all athletic peers, with a few programs who are downright better than ours. This would make us try to step up our game somewhat. Athletic budgets could range from $20 million to $30 million. I see the athletic budgets at these schools, and no one exceeds $30 million at this moment. Next year, we will be at $14 million, so we would need to increase that by at least 50 percent in order to be competative.

The only fans I think would have a problem with this would be Wyoming fans. They think their athletic program is head over heels above any Dakota school. NDSU and SDSU however are basically academically identical to Wyoming, and we would just need to step up our athletic spending. This would be an FBS conference anyway.

What do you think??

It's not a bad idea. Attendance could be touch and go with a few of those schools but it would be a nice conference. I think Wyoming and CSU will squeak in with the big boys with the Mountain West expansion. Will be interesting how it unfolds.

onbison09
06-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Bear with me now.

New Mexico State
Wyoming
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

What do you think??
Am I a complete homer for thinking that's ridiculous?

Tatanka
06-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Am I a complete homer for thinking that's ridiculous?

No .

NDSUstudent
06-12-2010, 04:00 AM
We are definitely competitive with WYO, they are lucky to be in MWC.

It is a shame we sat around in the NCC for so long, people can say what they want about Chapman but for athletics he will always be the president that has made the biggest impact. If he had been here 20 years earlier we might be in the MWC right now.

TheBisonator
06-12-2010, 04:20 AM

It is a shame we sat around in the NCC for so long, people can say what they want about Chapman but for athletics he will always be the president that has made the biggest impact. If he had been here 20 years earlier we might be in the MWC right now.

People in this region didn't know what DI athletics was like, that's probably why we didn't move up. There was a type of "DII isolation" in this region of the country. That, and just dumbass NDSU (and NCC) administrations.

Herd
06-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Dream conference, with zero change of becoming reality. These teams span 5 conferences.

tjbison
06-12-2010, 05:41 PM

YEP!! if we would have jumped with UNI when they did we would be FBS by now PERIOD;)

there is no reason we should just be joining DI IMO

OrygunBison
06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
That is a lot of travel. Other than that, this pipe dream seems to be quite solid...

Shawn-O
06-12-2010, 07:31 PM
That is a lot of travel. Other than that, this pipe dream seems to be quite solid...

It's North Dakota, anything's a lot of travel. :D

Bison bison
06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2009/1108/21554761_480X200.jpg

AKBison
06-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Bear with me now.

New Mexico State
Wyoming
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

Yes please. However Wyoming and CSU would never leave the MWC.

So...
New Mexico State
Northern Arizona
Utah State
Idaho
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Texas State
Missouri State

Travel partners
UND-NDSU
USD-SDSU
Montana-Montana State
Texas State-Missouri State
NAU-NMSU

AKBison
06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Realistically speaking though....

ISU red is banging the war drums to join the MAC and some of their posters are saying an announcement could come as soon as next week. If ISU bolts then Mo State and SIU are going to get the itchy trigger finger and want to upgrade. The Sun belt covets MSU, and SIU would make for a good partner with ISU to the MAC.

UNI would be on an island and the MVC would become a virtual basketball only league with the addittion of ORU and UMKC.

With budgets being what they are, it wouldn't surprise me to see UNI end up in the Summit that sponsors football.

Bison bison
06-18-2010, 08:21 PM
You are on drugs.

EricB
06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Bear with me now.

New Mexico State
Wyoming
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

Actually that would be a very acceptable conference.

lakesbison
06-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Yea.eric, cuz und racists aint in it.

EricB
06-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Yea.eric, cuz und racists aint in it.

Hey Moron my bad.