PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Emanuel

Pages : [1] 2

bisonhusker
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
So I am down in Omaha last weekend (quite possibly having a drink with a buddy at a downtown favorite) when we run into a couple guys our age. Next to us at the bar. When he finds out I am from Fargo, he says...."Are you a Bison fan?"

I said...Yep. (But at this point, I was sort of baiting him into what he would say). I thought maybe he was a Jack fan or something...who knows.

Anyway, he says.....You just signed a complete stud. Kyle Emmanuel. He goes onto say that he is one of those kids. He is faster than you, tougher than you, meaner than you, smarter than you, bigger than you....etc. He wouldn't stop raving about him. He got me so fired up about this kid. Said he won't just come play, he will change a defense. Said he a great leader and from a tremendous family. He is from the same hometown, but about 20 years older. He said that his Dad still follows it pretty closely. He stated he is 6'3 and 225 and ready to come play.

As a huge Nebraska fan, and someone who follows our recruiting in Nebraska quite closely, I think the three kids we got from Nebraska last year are going to be difference makers.

Sounds like the coaches got another one. He said that the Huskers were upset that he didn't accept their walk on offer.

bisonhusker
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Emanuel, standing at 6-2, 215 pounds, has really been a rising star for his coach Fred Doscher over the last few years. Playing running back and linebacker, Doscher has plenty of praise for the senior-to-be. He rushed for 1,461 yards and 16 touchdowns as a running back in 2008. Defensively, he had big stats as well with 73 total tackles (53 unassisted), one sack, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery.

2010 linebacker prospect Kyle Emanuel had a big year last season with over 1,000 yards rushing and 73 tackles on defense.
"He's the real deal," Doscher said. "Running back-wise, we had a kid years ago named Justin Nelson who was a pretty darn good football payer – but Kyle might be the best back we've ever had. He just has the God-given talent. He's good at anything he does – basketball, football, baseball – has a 4.0 and is No. 1 in his class.

"With his strength, I think as a sophomore, his combination of bench, squat and dead lift was close to 1200 pounds. I think he's going to be the real deal at the next level."

Emanuel has showed his stuff to the school he grew up watching – Nebraska – at a camp in Lincoln this past summer.

"It kind of showed me how I stack up against other competition," Emanuel said. "During the camp, I would go against other juniors or juniors-to-be I should say. It showed me how I stood with the other guys.

"I'd love to play for Nebraska. I've been a fan for a long time, the Tunnel Walk…that'd be a dream come true for me. If I could go anywhere, that'd be where I go."

His coach, however, says that interest is coming from other schools than just the Huskers.

"I think Alabama and UCLA have asked for film on him," Doscher said. "So, I think he's going to be getting a lot more. Once some of those schools start asking, the others aren't too far behind."

Jdubs21
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
i've been excited about this kid ever since i started researching him after he verballed...havent heard a single complaint yet...and probably never will :)

DjKyRo
06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Always cool to hear hype about recruits, particularly when it's apart of a class as great as our most recent one. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys make some noise in the next few years.

HandoEX
06-14-2010, 03:10 AM
This kid sounds like exactly the type of player we need. Stud, plain and simple. We look to have a couple GREAT future Bison LBs.

robsam
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
This kid sounds like exactly the type of player we need. Stud, plain and simple. We look to have a couple GREAT future Bison LBs.

Yup! I think so. He can make a difference while playing. One can figure out what he is doing. Great stuff. :)

bisonhusker
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Alot more steam about Emmanuel after reading Izzo's blog. I recently heard this kid is so good, big and athletic, he is one of those kids who could start for us at DE, LB, TE and FB. Gotta love an athlete with his size, and to be the strongest kid on the team. Going to be fun to watch him at DE for the next 4 years. Great kid.

westnodak93bison
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Strongest kid on the team at 225-235lb (I'm assuming he is in this range now) is absolutely amazing. Doesn't this sound like a great MLB in the making? Big, tough, fast and smart?

runtheoption
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Strongest kid on the team at 225-235lb (I'm assuming he is in this range now) is absolutely amazing. Doesn't this sound like a great MLB in the making? Big, tough, fast and smart?

The numbers he is putting up are probably Joe Toth'esque. I remember seeing his name at the top of the weightlifting boards in the old weight room in the BSA (sqaut, bench, clean). I remember reading he had an about an 800 lb squat and a 405 lb clean. Keep in mind Coach Bliss let us get away with not going to the same depth in the squat as in a powerlifting meet, but those were still some damn impressive numbers.

CAS4127
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
His first name seems kinda wimpy to me--not sure why!?

jarhead
03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Tell him that.

runtheoption
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM

Mutha Fu**a!!! I may be old, but not as old as you. I'm thinking Kyle E. and myself could open up a 55 gallon drum 'o whoop ass on ya! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIa8Qcaqt0

I can picture it now, CAS dancing around, doing his best Mohammed Ali footwork impersonation, chanting "Float like a butterfly, stings like a bee, nobody else but me, Charlie".

DjKyRo
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Dude, come on...

Gully
03-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Dude, come on...

It's an inside joke about runtheoption, nothing to do with Kyle E.

CAS4127
03-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Mutha Fu**a!!! I may be old, but not as old as you. I'm thinking Kyle E. and myself could open up a 55 gallon drum 'o whoop ass on ya! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIa8Qcaqt0

I can picture it now, CAS dancing around, doing his best Mohammed Ali footwork impersonation, chanting "Float like a butterfly, stings like a bee, nobody else but me, Charlie".

@BV: Gully's right, it's an inside joke.

@runoption: I'll take Anthony LaVoy and we can have at it.

Remember, he and I are both from teh Rez man.

As for Kyle E.--can't wait to watch him play, and if he is a good-to-great runningback on top of being a stud LB, I would love to see him play LB for us.

THE HERD
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I was vacationing in Mexico back in February and a friend of mine had on a NDSU shirt and a guy approached us asking how Christian Dudzik was doing for us and was also raving about what an incredible athlete he was. I believe Dudzik is out of NB as well right? I told him at the time that we recruited him as an athlete and hadn't heard where we were gonna play him at. He responded by saying the kid could play almost anywhere with his athleticism. He also commented on what a great football program we have and seemed to know quite a bit about NDSU, so the word is out in NB apparently. I read recently that Dudzik may get put at corner. The guy also talked like he was surprised Dudzik didn't get any offers from the larger D1 programs.

Dabison
03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
He once sissor kicked Angela Landsberry and uses a rattle snake as a condom!!!

DjKyRo
04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
It's an inside joke about runtheoption, nothing to do with Kyle E.

I know, but my first name is Kyle. Wimpy? Come on... ;)

Herd
04-01-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm not quite sure why everytime a LB hits 225 they get moved to DE, but that's kind of disappointing to me. LBs at most FBSs are 230-245. Remember Wyoming. I was hoping to see LJ playing safety at 220 and Olson/Emanuel at LB in 240 range by the time they finished.

DjKyRo
04-01-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm not quite sure why everytime a LB hits 225 they get moved to DE, but that's kind of disappointing to me. LBs at most FBSs are 230-245. Remember Wyoming. I was hoping to see LJ playing safety at 220 and Olson/Emanuel at LB in 240 range by the time they finished.

Maybe if Horvath blows up one of the two gets moved back?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
A clarification, that may have already been made: Kyle Emanuel "may be the strongest kid on the team {pound for pound}.

There are several lineman lifting far more than Emanuel at this time.

In my experience, strength does not always equate to talent and ability on the field.

I hope Mr. Emanuel has a great career with the Bison.

natstar1
09-07-2014, 05:41 AM
5 sacks in 2 games. what is the school record for career and season? and how many does Kyle Emanuel have in his career?

North Side
09-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Kyle and Little John are playing like the 2 best defensive players in the FCS

HerdBoy
09-07-2014, 06:02 AM
5 sacks in 2 games. what is the school record for career and season? and how many does Kyle Emanuel have in his career?

I am looking at some info from 2013. I can't find anything newer but in 2013 the career leader in sacks was Phil Hansen with 41 and Jerry Dahl with 41. In a single season it is Jerry Dahl with 31. Most sacks in 1 game is Jerry Dahl with 7.

natstar1
09-07-2014, 06:05 AM
31 in a season? holy balls!

HerdBoy
09-07-2014, 06:13 AM

All of the football records are in the media guide.

http://gobison.com/documents/2013/9/13/NDSUFBGuide2013Pg131-150.pdf?id=181

HerdBoy
09-07-2014, 06:16 AM

Yeah Jerry Dahl in 1973.

TILIS-BisonFan
09-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Pretty good draft day highlight reel

TILIS-BisonFan
09-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Speaking of records. I was just looking if ndsu had won their two close losses they would be going for the alltime record at 48 next week. I'm sure there other scenarios for other schools prior but man ndsu was close

HerdBoy
09-07-2014, 06:23 AM
I just looked up Kyle's stats and after the game today he has a total of 21 sacks in his career.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah Jerry Dahl in 1973.
Jerry was incredible.

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Jerry Dahl must have been a beast.

Kyle had a damn good game. Kept the Bison in it.

BisoninNWMN
09-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Jerry Dahl must have been a beast.

Kyle had a damn good game. Kept the Bison in it.

Kyle is playing like an AA. He hits the weights too...dude has some guns!!

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 04:05 PM
My guess is he is going to play his way onto the Buchanan Watch List.

tony
09-07-2014, 04:34 PM

That was a dominating performance by Kyle at Weber - along with Littlejohn. How lucky is NDSU to have Emanuel, Littlejohn, Beck, Dudzik, Heagle, Hardie, Thorton, and Colvin as seniors on this defense? Those first five guys have made a ton of game-changing plays in their careers.

Also: Fixed the spelling of Kyle's last name in the thread title.

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
That was a dominating performance by Kyle at Weber - along with Littlejohn. How lucky is NDSU to have Emanuel, Littlejohn, Beck, Dudzik, Heagle, Hardie, Thorton, and Colvin as seniors on this defense? Those first five guys have made a ton of game-changing plays in their careers.

Also: Fixed the spelling of Kyle's last name in the thread title.

Big time contributors.

westnodak93bison
09-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Hope he doesn't get wore down playing so much

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 05:14 PM

That goes to my many months ago comment about the inexperience and lack of depth on the DL!! I agree with you.

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 05:15 PM

That goes to my many months ago comment about the inexperience and lack of depth on the DL!! I agree with you.

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Yep................

thebigund
09-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Jerry was incredible.
Tell me some Jerry Dahl stories. Seriously, I'm curious about this superhuman sack master who looks surprisingly like John Holmes.......

A1pigskin
09-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Will the student section have a big head of Kyle?

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Will the student section have a big head of Kyle?

The head should be on the body of a beast because he has been playing like a man beast. The power speed and some of those moves have been just sick

bison_by_blood
09-08-2014, 03:09 AM

I will go one step further and say he is the favorite to win it. He leads the FCS in sacks and tackles for loss! It does kinda suck that he has to play so much but if he stays healthy he will put up monster numbers.

ndsubison1
09-08-2014, 04:56 AM
Emanuel is a PIMP

GOBISON123
09-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Somebody please call the NFL Scouts.

BisonGT
09-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Kyle at work. Awesome.

stevdock
09-12-2014, 03:48 PM

That's my thought too. And if he's not careful he might end up having the stats to actually win the thing. On a team built around doing things as a team even if the individual stats suffer, that shows more than anything else how crazy of a start he is off to.

EC8CH
09-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Kyle at work. Awesome.

That is awesome!

TateMosersneighbor
09-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Sat next to his sister and brother at the Frisco game (2nd one). She was screaming at him the whole game...with her screaming at him like that, no wonder he's as good as he is. Fun to watch him and he'll have 3 or 4 more sacks tomorrow by half.

Bisonator98
09-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Kyle at work. Awesome.

LOL that was against Towson who's oline was being hyped before the championship game last year by Mr. C over on AGS. He was saying they would be the best line NDSU faced all year, yes even over KSU.:rofl:

Bison 4 Life
09-12-2014, 05:03 PM
LOL that was against Towson who's oline was being hyped before the championship game last year by Mr. C over on AGS. He was saying they would be the best line NDSU faced all year, yes even over KSU.:rofl:

I especially like the sand spray from him hitting the turf. Excellent picture!

X-Factor
09-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Mr C is a complete tool, as well as a complete fool. He has been anti Bison since 2005 when the Bison curb stomped GSU. Another one of those "southern speed" junkies

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Mr C is a complete tool, as well as a complete fool. He has been anti Bison since 2005 when the Bison curb stomped GSU. Another one of those "southern speed" junkies

His favorite move is to big time you with his "I've seen more games than you" BS.

The only time I ever read College Sports News is when someone at AGS links it.

X-Factor
09-13-2014, 07:49 PM
His favorite move is to big time you with his "I've seen more games than you" BS.

The only time I ever read College Sports News is when someone at AGS links it.
Yes, he legitimately thinks he is some kind of top shelf football mind, yet nothing less than a biased bullshitter

southcliffbison
09-14-2014, 03:59 AM
Yes, he legitimately thinks he is some kind of top shelf football mind, yet nothing less than a biased bullshitter

How does he compare to the ultimate interwebs bullshitter Star2citysiouxvolley ?

X-Factor
09-15-2014, 02:54 AM
How does he compare to the ultimate interwebs bullshitter Star2citysiouxvolley ?
Ah, id say that C tries to hide his agenda, whereas Star is right out in the open for everyone to see.

Bison 4 Life
09-15-2014, 02:58 AM
Ah, id say that C tries to hide his agenda, whereas Star is right out in the open for everyone to see.

I will have to say that his writing is pretty unbiased. He does, however, use that position to somehow assert that his opinion (which is all he ever gives at AGS) is more important than anyone with whom he disagrees.

bison_by_blood
09-30-2014, 05:50 PM

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_9_30_2014.htm

And there it is

ndsubison1
09-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Isnt Emmanuel a 4 year starter?

bison_by_blood
09-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Isnt Emmanuel a 4 year starter?

He played as a freshman but Boyer and Jiric were starters. Here is the gobison link with a few more good stats.

http://gobison.com/news/2014/9/30/FB_0930144227.aspx

BisonNeil
09-30-2014, 11:49 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_9_30_2014.htm

And there it is

Wow, I thought Kyle's stats were good, but Underwood's are out of this world.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Wow, I thought Kyle's stats were good, but Underwood's are out of this world.

Stats are overrated. Kyle is a true gamer.

HerdBoy
10-19-2014, 02:52 PM
In the game against Indiana State yesterday Kyle registered 2.5 sacks which gives him a career total of 24.5. Phil Hansen and Jerry Dahl both have 41 career sacks.

A1pigskin
10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Kyle had a great game.

HoopsBison
10-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Fun Fact: NDSU was Klye's only D1 scholarship offer.

Kid is an absolute beast.

westnodak93bison
10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
What position suits him best in the NFL? Looks like he is way too light for DE in a 3-4 and a little light for DE in a 4-3. Is he fast enough to play LB? Probably have to be a mlb in a 4-3. How about lb in a 3-4?

NorthernBison
10-19-2014, 05:19 PM
What position suits him best in the NFL? Looks like he is way too light for DE in a 3-4 and a little light for DE in a 4-3. Is he fast enough to play LB? Probably have to be a mlb in a 4-3. How about lb in a 3-4?

He has OLB potential in a 3-4.

ZHerd
10-19-2014, 05:41 PM

I would like to be wrong but I don't see him making it in the NFL. He is just too small for D-line and watching him run he is fast for a college DE but not NFL LB speed. He will likely get a camp invite and who knows....if i remember correctly John Randle was pretty small too

westnodak93bison
10-19-2014, 05:49 PM
I would like to be wrong but I don't see him making it in the NFL. He is just too small for D-line and watching him run he is fast for a college DE but not NFL LB speed. He will likely get a camp invite and who knows....if i remember correctly John Randle was pretty small too
He is bigger, taller, faster and a better all around football player than Joe Mays IMHO. Better tackler as well. Plus he is very good on special teams.

natstar1
10-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Pretty much agree.

Randle was mainly a DT and I don't think KE has that type of quickness.

ZHerd
10-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Pretty much agree.

Randle was mainly a DT and I don't think KE has that type of quickness.

Randle's case has always baffled me a little. Scouts and coaches didn't see the talent, production, or physical ability in him to make him worth drafting but when he came to Vikes camp undrafted he was an athletic freak. Those early 90's lines with Randle, Doleman and Henry Thomas were better than good. KE is definitely worth a camp invite if he doesn't get drafted.

X-Factor
10-19-2014, 06:32 PM
He is bigger, taller, faster and a better all around football player than Joe Mays IMHO. Better tackler as well. Plus he is very good on special teams.

I'm not so sure about that. I distinctly remember Mays on deep downfield coverage over the middle. It obviously wasn't his specialty, but he could move. Also, bigger? No. Mays was a 245 lb wrecking ball on his short (relatively speaking) frame. If you had ever seen this dude in the gym you would not be saying that. Taller, yes. I will give you that. Tackler, probably. Mays ran people over and didn't need to tackle.

Both are great players! Couldn't be more happy that they are in green and gold.

westnodak93bison
10-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Mays wiffed his fair share as well. Both are great.

A1pigskin
10-19-2014, 06:58 PM
So I am down in Omaha last weekend (quite possibly having a drink with a buddy at a downtown favorite) when we run into a couple guys our age. Next to us at the bar. When he finds out I am from Fargo, he says...."Are you a Bison fan?"

I said...Yep. (But at this point, I was sort of baiting him into what he would say). I thought maybe he was a Jack fan or something...who knows.

Anyway, he says.....You just signed a complete stud. Kyle Emmanuel. He goes onto say that he is one of those kids. He is faster than you, tougher than you, meaner than you, smarter than you, bigger than you....etc. He wouldn't stop raving about him. He got me so fired up about this kid. Said he won't just come play, he will change a defense. Said he a great leader and from a tremendous family. He is from the same hometown, but about 20 years older. He said that his Dad still follows it pretty closely. He stated he is 6'3 and 225 and ready to come play.

As a huge Nebraska fan, and someone who follows our recruiting in Nebraska quite closely, I think the three kids we got from Nebraska last year are going to be difference makers.

Sounds like the coaches got another one. He said that the Huskers were upset that he didn't accept their walk on offer.

Going back 4 years and reading this. Glad Kyle is a Bison.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Going back 4 years and reading this. Glad Kyle is a Bison.

Pretty nice. Guy was sure right.

FFBison
10-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I distinctly remember Mays on deep downfield coverage over the middle. It obviously wasn't his specialty, but he could move. Also, bigger? No. Mays was a 245 lb wrecking ball on his short (relatively speaking) frame. If you had ever seen this dude in the gym you would not be saying that. Taller, yes. I will give you that. Tackler, probably. Mays ran people over and didn't need to tackle.

Both are great players! Couldn't be more happy that they are in green and gold.

Yeah, Mays was a beast in the middle. Great run stopped and was unbelievable at shedding a blocker and making a tackle. He was great at NDSU, but he's put a LOT of work in since he left Fargo to get where he is not. He's a really big man right now.

td577
10-22-2014, 09:06 PM
I thought the entire OLB scouting premise of a 3-4 defense in the NFL was to look for tweeners. Guys that are too small to play DE in a 4-3 and maybe not have that side to side movement of a 4-3 OLB. They can rush the passer and tackle when the running game is pushed to their side. I know it was a different era, but looking up 3-4 defenses you can't help but look at the Big Blue Wrecking Crew of the Giants with LT, Carsons, and Banks as ones I can remember and they were all like 230 lbs. There are guys like Jabaal Sheard (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2025929-br-nfl-1000-top-35-3-4-outside-linebackers/page/3) who have made it in the NFL who don't sound like he has any more game than Emanuel. Another guy like Jarvis Jones (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2025929-br-nfl-1000-top-35-3-4-outside-linebackers/page/10) who sounds very similar around the same size is holding a job at the next level.

I think with the right defense and the right situation, he could be working on Sundays next year. Some guys like him explode at the next level, as well, because opposing teams can't focus as much attention on him as a college opponent can. Also more NFL guys can handle business on their own, too, so he will see bigger, stronger, faster lineman every day. I think someone will give him an invite, at the very least, if not outright drafted, and he will be given a shot. What else more can a guy ask for?

bruinbison
10-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Love the quote from Joe Glenn about Kyle Emanuel.......

Defensively, the Bison have retained many of their standout players from a year ago, led by 6-foot-3, 251-pound end Kyle Emanuel, who has 14 tackles for loss this season.

It is Emanuel's disruptive presence that is of particular concern for the Coyotes, who haven't been able to score more than 16 points in any of the last three games.

"He's a lot like Tyler Starr," USD coach Joe Glenn said of Emanuel. "He's built different, but
he's the best player in the league and the second-best isn't real close."

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/2014/10/25/bison-present-major-challenge-usd/17892099/

BisonNeil
10-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Love the quote from Joe Glenn about Kyle Emanuel.......

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/2014/10/25/bison-present-major-challenge-usd/17892099/

I love Glenn's quotes. Today on the radio they said that in this weeks press conference they asked Joe how his recruiting class last year is shaping up and he said his two favorite recruits are wearing Bison uniforms.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2014, 11:18 PM
10 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 4 Sacks and 1 FF

What a beast!

Bison 4 Life
11-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Can I get a confirmation on this? I'm looking at his sack total and he presently has 33 sacks which is 9 from the all time record. Is that correct?

NDSU record is 41 by Phil Hansen, FCS record is 42 by Chris Gocong of Cal Poly.

Not saying that it will be easy but that's not unattainable.

bisonpride4ever
11-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Can I get a confirmation on this? I'm looking at his sack total and he presently has 33 sacks which is 9 from the all time record. Is that correct?

NDSU record is 41 by Phil Hansen and Jerry Dahl. FCS record is 42 by Chris Gocong of Cal Poly.

FIFY

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Bison 4 Life
11-01-2014, 11:31 PM
FIFY

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Me being lazy.

HerdBoy
11-01-2014, 11:38 PM

NDSU record is 41 by Phil Hansen, FCS record is 42 by Chris Gocong of Cal Poly.

I am looking at his stats on gobison.com. It says there he has 20 unassisted sacks and 9 assisted sacks which doesn't include today which would be 24.5 total sacks. If all sacks today were unassisted sacks he would have 28.5 sacks. I think.

Bison 4 Life
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
I am looking at his stats on gobison.com. It says there he has 20 unassisted sacks and 9 assisted sacks which doesn't include today which would be 24.5 total sacks. If all sacks today were unassisted sacks he would have 28.5 sacks. I think.

ah. another instance of laziness. I took Kolpack's word for it at 29 today.

HerdBoy
11-01-2014, 11:51 PM
ah. another instance of laziness. I took Kolpack's word for it at 29 today.

I am not totally sure about that but I think an assisted sack is considered a 1/2 sack. Maybe someone with more football knowledge than me will explain it.

Bison 4 Life
11-01-2014, 11:54 PM
I am not totally sure about that but I think an assisted sack is considered a 1/2 sack. Maybe someone with more football knowledge than me will explain it.

That is correct.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2014, 11:56 PM
2011-3.5
2012-5
2013-7.5
2014-12.5
Total-28.5

Also checked the single season record and it is 31 by Jerry Dahl, wow what a beast that guy must have been. 7 sacks one game vs SDSU.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Fuckin Kolpack.

http://www.inforum.com/content/dakota-marker-games-often-tough-stone

Emanuel, by the way, is currently tied with Cole Jirik (2010-13) and Mike Stratton (1980-83) with 29 career sacks, which is tied for fourth on the school list. He needs two to tie Coulter Boyer (2008-11) for third place.

Ndsu84
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Kyle's interview played on 790 for the pregame today was awesome. Very well spoken, intelligent young man. Then they ended the interview by asking him to say the first thing that comes to mind when they say a name. Haeg?...long hair, Littlejohn?...roommate. Colton Heagle?....prick...but I can say that cause he's our prick! Awesome!!!!! I could have fallen out of my seat if I wasn't buckled in! Ha!

56BISON73
11-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Kyle's interview played on 790 for the pregame today was awesome. Very well spoken, intelligent young man. Then they ended the interview by asking him to say the first thing that comes to mind when they say a name. Haeg?...long hair, Littlejohn?...roommate. Colton Heagle?....prick...but I can say that cause he's our prick! Awesome!!!!! I could have fallen out of my seat if I wasn't buckled in! Ha!

Now that is funny!!!!!!!

A1pigskin
11-02-2014, 12:59 AM
I missed that part.

BisoninNWMN
11-02-2014, 01:52 AM
If there is a better DE in the FCS I would like to see him play.

KE is a beast and he was awesome today!!!

AA for sure.

td577
11-02-2014, 01:50 AM
I think one of his most impressive plays this season was chasing down Zenner 25 yards downfield. A DE catching one of the best RBs in the country and bringing him down.

If anyone still thinks he won't be playing on Sundays in his future, rewind this game, and just watch KE dismantle an offense, designed to neutralize him, all day long.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
11-02-2014, 01:55 AM

AA for sure.

Or as Scottie Miller said "if there is a better defensive end in FCS give us a call".

bisonridge
11-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I think one of his most impressive plays this season was chasing down Zenner 25 yards downfield. A DE catching one of the best RBs in the country and bringing him down.

If anyone still thinks he won't be playing on Sundays in his future, rewind this game, and just watch KE dismantle an offense, designed to neutralize him, all day long.

Loved that play and just showed the skill and heart of this kid!!

stevdock
11-02-2014, 11:44 AM

AA for sure.

Forget just DE, is there a better defensive player period?? I've been saying since game 1 that if he's not careful he's going to win the Buchanan award (Defensive player of the year). I would be shocked to know that there is a more dominant defensive player out there right now, especially since I've seen plenty of offenses double teaming him. I think it was last week at USD, they had their tackle working on KE, then KE pushed him to the side but had the guard waiting for him and he still almost got to the QB.

AjaxTheMighty
11-02-2014, 11:53 AM
He should have had about 7 sacks yesterday and one flag on SDSU is a joke. KE was routinely being grabbed. Even pulled down from behind. Heagle was held blatantly on that longer run by the non-zenner RB when he got to the two. That one should have come back.

stevdock
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
He should have had about 7 sacks yesterday and one flag on SDSU is a joke. KE was routinely being grabbed. Even pulled down from behind. Heagle was held blatantly on that longer run by the non-zenner RB when he got to the two. That one should have come back.

And SDSU's first two passes they could have called us for PI and/or holding. They decided to let everything go yesterday, so at least they were consistent with that.

BisoninNWMN
11-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Forget just DE, is there a better defensive player period?? I've been saying since game 1 that if he's not careful he's going to win the Buchanan award (Defensive player of the year). I would be shocked to know that there is a more dominant defensive player out there right now, especially since I've seen plenty of offenses double teaming him. I think it was last week at USD, they had their tackle working on KE, then KE pushed him to the side but had the guard waiting for him and he still almost got to the QB.

KE will never win a national award. To many players have gaudy stats from crap leagues.

But I agree. When he steps on the field, he is the best player out there.

NDSUstudent
11-02-2014, 01:09 PM
KE will never win a national award. To many players have gaudy stats from crap leagues.

Kyle's stats are very impressive..3rd in sacks, 5th in tackles for loss and 15th in forced fumbles. All while playing in the best league...he has a real chance.

BisoninNWMN
11-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Kyle's stats are very impressive..3rd in sacks, 5th in tackles for loss and 15th in forced fumbles. All while playing in the best league...he has a real chance.

Hey, you may be right and I hope you are.

stevdock
11-02-2014, 01:16 PM

He's got a great chance to win it. A DE has won the Buchanan like 7 out of the last 10 years. Last year Daly from Montana St had 14 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss. The year before Schreibeis from Montana St won it with 12.5 sacks and 15 for loss. KE has 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss with 3 more games to go.

A1pigskin
11-02-2014, 01:46 PM
He's got a great chance to win it. A DE has won the Buchanan like 7 out of the last 10 years. Last year Daly from Montana St had 14 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss. The year before Schreibeis from Montana St won it with 12.5 sacks and 15 for loss. KE has 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss with 3 more games to go.

Like BisoninNWMN said, "hope your right."

bruinbison
11-07-2014, 08:38 PM
North Dakota State defensive end Kyle Emanuel was named to the College Football Performance Awards watch list for the FCS National Defensive Performer of the Year on Wednesday, Nov. 5. The list includes 30 players from the Football Championship Subdivision - 13 linebackers, 12 defensive linemen and five defensive backs.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/5/FB_1105142455.aspx

bruinbison
11-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Five North Dakota State University football players were voted to the Capital One Academic All-District 6 team announced Thursday, Nov. 6, by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

Quarterback Carson Wentz, wide receiver Zach Vraa, center Jesse Hinz, outside linebacker Esley Thorton and defensive end Kyle Emanuel advance to the national ballot for Capital One Academic All-America® honors to be announced later this month.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/6/FB_1106144312.aspx

HerdBoy
11-16-2014, 12:18 AM
10 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 INT today. I would guess MVFC Defensive Player of the Week honors again.

Bisonator98
11-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Kyle's a beast. Having a great season.

Bison03
11-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Quote from The Forum:

Emanuel has a career-high 15.5 sacks this season, moving closer to the school record for career sacks. Emanuel has 36 after Saturday’s performance that included 3.5 tackles for a loss. Phil Hansen (1987-90) and Jerry Dahl (1973-74) are tied for the program record with 41 sacks.

stevdock
11-16-2014, 02:22 PM
With one game to go KE is at 15.5 sacks, which is a 1/2 sack out of 1st in FCS. He also has 23 tackles for loss which is second and 2.5 out of first. Already better stats than the last two Buchanan award winners and I don't see anyone out there that has more impressive stats. A pick 6 yesterday would have really put him over the top, but that pick was still very impressive.

I will say though that I was disappointed that on the sack/fumble that we should have recovered that we had 3 defensive linemen on the QB and Kyle was not one of them. If I rewound the tape I'm pretty sure I'd find that he was on the sidelines.

tony
11-16-2014, 02:27 PM
I will say though that I was disappointed that on the sack/fumble that we should have recovered that we had 3 defensive linemen on the QB and Kyle was not one of them. If I rewound the tape I'm pretty sure I'd find that he was on the sidelines.

Yep, he went out the play before with an injury of some sort. And, man, was I relieved the next time I heard his name on the radio broadcast.

Honeybooboo
11-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Played a great game yesterday, and all year. Very fun to watch

El_Chapo
11-16-2014, 02:40 PM
He's a beast. 6 3 251. Can he play DE in NFL or slim down to play a linebacker in a 3-4 defense?

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 02:46 PM
He's a beast. 6 3 251. Can he play DE in NFL or slim down to play a linebacker in a 3-4 defense?
How about mlb, ILB or even fb

A1pigskin
11-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Played a great game yesterday, and all year. Very fun to watch

Very fun to watch.

Professor Chaos
11-16-2014, 03:14 PM
That's prototypical size for a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 defense. Clay Matthews is listed at 6-3 255. It would be a transition for him to be a stand up rusher instead of having his hand in the dirt but I think he's got the speed and athleticism to have a good shot to play on Sundays in that scheme.

Bison4peat
11-16-2014, 03:30 PM

Brian Robison 6'3" 259. He can play DE in the league in my opinion.

td577
11-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I think he will be targeted as a olb on a 3-4 defense. If you were to look up some of the better 3-4 olb in the league, he fits a lot of their attributes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ndsu84
11-23-2014, 06:19 PM
I can't tolerate this thread all the way down to page 3!

Would someone post his latest stats? He's gotta be there with the way he's been tearing it up!

stevdock
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm in the online waiting room so I've got time.

Kyle's stats according to ncaa.com are at 27 tackles for loss which is 2nd 1.5 behind the leader. And he's tied for first in sacks at 16.5.

I can't imagine anyone in FCS football was more dominant than Kyle was this year. And in my opinion he should win the Buchanan award.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm in the online waiting room so I've got time.

Kyle's stats according to ncaa.com are at 27 tackles for loss which is 2nd 1.5 behind the leader. And he's tied for first in sacks at 16.5.

I can't imagine anyone in FCS football was more dominant than Kyle was this year. And in my opinion he should win the Buchanan award.

Considering this happened in the toughest conference in FCS with more than half the teams ranked makes it more impressive.

Scooter1
11-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Why are we getting our hopes up...you all know it is going to some montana st guy.

td577
11-25-2014, 05:52 AM
Of all the plays this year that Kyle has had, the one that impressed me the most was when he chased down David Johnson 13 yards downfield, on the opposite sideline, and caught him from behind. This is a RB with sub 4.5 speed who will be playing on Sundays and KE ran him down.

While it was an ugly game, that play was a microcosm of KE's entire career at NDSU. It was the fourth quarter of a game we were doing nothing in and he just never quits. I absolutely think he will get a shot on a NFL roster and feel some defensive coordinator will be completely enamored by him. They may get confused about where to put him, but someone will figure out how to get him on the field. 3-4 LB or 3rd down 3-4 DE, it doesn't matter, someone will figure it out.

Ndsu84
11-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Of all the plays this year that Kyle has had, the one that impressed me the most was when he chased down David Johnson 13 yards downfield, on the opposite sideline, and caught him from behind. This is a RB with sub 4.5 speed who will be playing on Sundays and KE ran him down.

This ^^^^ is right on! Johnson couldn't have been much more impressive and KE just chased him down like it was easy.

It takes some good coaching to go all the way but first you have to have the players. Players that have the talent, prowess and desire to do it all. Emanuel is really amazing.

Edit to add...after I posted this I told my wife I wanted to read TD577's post to her about Emanuel's great play. Before I could she said "you mean when he ran down David Johnson?! I gotta love my wife's love for Bison football!

THEsocalledfan
11-25-2014, 01:36 PM
I am betting he will go undrafted, but he will get a shot probably at first on a practice squad. Reminds me a bit of Johnny Randle in that he did not have the right size for the NFL, but has that second gear with a little bit of insanity.

tony
11-25-2014, 01:55 PM
I was unable to watch the UNI game, but didn't Emanuel run down Zenner downfield from the opposite side of the field?

Tatanka
11-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I was unable to watch the UNI game, but didn't Emanuel run down Zenner downfield from the opposite side of the field?

He did. After shedding his blocker at the line.

Professor Chaos
11-25-2014, 03:02 PM
If Kyle doesn't win the Buck Buchanan aware I'll eat my own head.

....actually I already ate my own head when NDSU finished 11-1 and didn't get the #1 seed so I'll just say that he better win the damn Buchanan award.

CAS4127
11-25-2014, 03:17 PM
This ^^^^ is right on! Johnson couldn't have been much more impressive and KE just chased him down like it was easy.

It takes some good coaching to go all the way but first you have to have the players. Players that have the talent, prowess and desire to do it all. Emanuel is really amazing.

Edit to add...after I posted this I told my wife I wanted to read TD577's post to her about Emanuel's great play. Before I could she said "you mean when he ran down David Johnson?! I gotta love my wife's love for Bison football!

He did. After shedding his blocker at the line.

Not taking anything away from KE, as that would be ridiculous, and he did in fact run down both Johnson and Zenner. He did not catch them in a foot race, however, he caught them as a result of dogged pursuit, desire and determination. Both Z and J were slowed by would-be tacklers downfield and or from cuts made off of downfield blocks, but KE just kept coming. No way he catches either of them in a flat-out foot race tho, but I would take KE on my team over either Z of J.

CAS4127
11-25-2014, 03:19 PM
If Kyle doesn't win the Buck Buchanan aware I'll eat my own head.

....actually I already ate my own head when NDSU finished 11-1 and didn't get the #1 seed so I'll just say that he better win the damn Buchanan award.

It would be a shame if he didn't and politics would have to come into play IMO (which is certainly not unheard of when it comes to post-season awards--we see it every year in MVFC post-season awards).

EC8CH
11-25-2014, 03:55 PM
If any Bison player has been deserving of a national individual award in recent years, it has to be Kyle Emanuel. In practically every game this year he has consistently stood out as the most dominating player on a defense filled with excellent players.

Past conversations of other Bison players who have been snubbed for national awards (Brock for example) have on some level made sense. Although they were all great players I can also see how much of their success also depended on being part of a great team and not solely as a result of their individual talent. Kyle however is on another level.

Kujava23
11-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Kyle Emanual is the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN FCS and One of the BEST PLAYERS PERIOD!

I've enjoyed watching how much better he has gotten in his four years at NDSU!

"Pay the Man his money, he beat me." Quote from Rounders....

"Give the Man his award, he is the best."

aces1180
11-26-2014, 04:11 PM
No surprise, but Kyle is the MVFC Defensive POY!

http://gobison.com/news/2014/11/26/FB_1126145607.aspx

Buchanan should be next!

BisoninNWMN
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
No surprise, but Kyle is the MVFC Defensive POY!

http://gobison.com/news/2014/11/26/FB_1126145607.aspx

Buchanan should be next!

Well deserved for Kyle!!

BisonNeil
11-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Very well deserved! Should win Buchanan award easily. (I just hope that doesn't jinx the string of natty where the team won it all without any national recognition for any one player ;). )

HerdBoy
11-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Good for him.

stevdock
11-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Very well deserved! Should win Buchanan award easily. (I just hope that doesn't jinx the string of natty where the team won it all without any national recognition for any one player ;). )

Normally they say that after someone wins the Heisman and is in the National Championship game. Difference is he will definitely still at his elite level during the championship game also.

bruinbison
11-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Here is the write-up by the MVFC on Kyle Emanuel:

Front-runner for Buck Buchanan Award…Leads MVFC and No. 2 nationally in sacks (16.5) and tackles for loss (27.0)…Also has eight QB hurries, three forced fumbles and three passes defended…Has 9.5 sacks, 15.0 TFLs, 8 QB hurries in six games vs. Top 25 opponents…Team-high nine tackles including 4.0 TFLs and 2.0 sacks in win at Iowa State…Career-high 10 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 4.5 TFLs against South Dakota State…Another 10-tackle game with 2.0 sacks, 3.5 TFLs and 27-yard INT return at Missouri State…2014 two-time FCS Defensive Player of the Week…2014 Academic All-District…2013 All-MVFC second team.

Voting Totals (Leaders)
Kyle Emanuel, North Dakota State - 66
Connor Underwood, Indiana State - 25
Xavier Williams, UNI - 14
Caleb Schaffitzel, Missouri State - 8

MVFC says "Front-runner" - like that - hope they already know something........:)

Coach Klieman was 3rd in the Coach of the Year Voting:

Brock Spack - 43
Mike Sanford - 40
Chris Klieman - 20

BisonNation11
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
No mention of his interception and following stiff arm from hell... :biggrin:

SoCalBison
11-27-2014, 03:21 PM

Let's get it added to his resume so the Buchanan voters are aware of Kyle's talent on both sides of the ball!

ZHerd
11-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Let's get it added to his resume so the Buchanan voters are aware of Kyle's talent on both sides of the ball!

Payton or bust ;)

CAS4127
11-27-2014, 05:14 PM

It's mentioned in the body of the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jelo
11-28-2014, 03:37 PM
@k_emanuel53: Excited to accept an invitation to play in the 90th East/West Shrine game on January 17th.

https://twitter.com/k_emanuel53/status/538365484668706816

HerdBoy
11-29-2014, 02:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lp4MJwYJM&index=3&list=PLMC69eDvEjmELsBpe6peh93oNk_-sfRQ3

Jay
11-29-2014, 02:49 AM
Cool vid. Should have been made and distributed a while ago.

A1pigskin
11-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Congrats to Kyle for the East West invite....

Snowgoose
11-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Everyone has mentioned that Kyle is a little too small to play DE and would have to play LB, yet Brian Robison is almost the exact same size as he is 6'3" 259pds. I believe Kyle will get a great shot at the NFL.

BisonNeil
11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
There is no question KE deserves the BBA more than anyone. When you look at past winners, his stats blow them out of the water. But....

BUT! NDSU plays in the MVFC, which is not the Big Fluffy or the exaggerated excellence of the CAA. Inexplicably, Big Fluffy players have won 9 of the last 11 BB awards, the CAA players have won the other two. How the hell nine guys can win a defensive award in a freaking conference that plays no defense is a complete and utter mystery to me.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/buchanan_history.htm

Read the stat lines for some of the other DEs that have won recently. KE should win hands down.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2013buchanan_daly_xxx.htm
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2012buchanan_Schreibeis_430xx.htm

The guy who won with the largest vote margin in history was from JMU. I think KE's stats compare favorably to Moats.

2009, Arthur Moats, DE, James Madison
-- Moats was named the 15th recipient of the Buck Buchanan Award. Moats is the second JMU player to capture the Buchanan Award, joining linebacker Derrick Lloyd, who won the honor in 2001. Moats, a 6-foot-2, 250-pound senior from Portsmouth, Va., led the nation in tackles for loss, averaging 2.14 per game (23.5 total), and was fourth in the FCS in sacks (1.0 per game, 11 total). He also piled up 90 tackles and returned a fumble for a 68-yard touchdown. Moats won by the largest margin in Buchanan Award history, earning 37 first-place votes and 342 points to finish 110 points ahead of runner-up J.C. Sherritt, a linebacker from Eastern Washington. Moats was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the sixth round (178th overall pick) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2014.

westnodak93bison
11-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Everyone has mentioned that Kyle is a little too small to play DE and would have to play LB, yet Brian Robison is almost the exact same size as he is 6'3" 259pds. I believe Kyle will get a great shot at the NFL.
Watching him knock 300+lb lineman to the ground and run down David Johnson and Zenner makes me think "poor mans Clay Matthews III"

td577
11-30-2014, 06:54 PM

KE is about the same size as most of the OLB in 3-4 defenses and right in there with about the bottom third of DEs in 4-3 defenses.

In the 3-4 defenses, it used to be that Jack and Sam LBs could interchange depending on what side of the field was the weak side. The NFL has become so much about specializing, instead of calling the weakside LBer a Jack, they are calling him the Rush LBer and he just moves to the weakside instead of switching and playing Sam. The teams that still play a 3-4 look for that tweener DE to play the rush LBer.

As far as 4-3 DEs. Robison came in and was just a third down pass rusher for his first few years.

I personally think someone will give him an honest shot. With so much specializing going on, he could concentrate on that Rush LBer spot in a 3-4 or a pass rush specialist in a 4-3. They are so similar and the guys that play in those roles are all around KE's size, that it won't be size that keeps him off a roster.

td577
11-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Watching him knock 300+lb lineman to the ground and run down David Johnson and Zenner makes me think "poor mans Clay Matthews III"

I am not saying anyone should agree with this list, but it is interesting when you see the sizes of guys who are playing OLB in 3-4 defenses. Some are quite big, quite a few are right there with KE as far as size goes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2025929-br-nfl-1000-top-35-3-4-outside-linebackers

JMB
11-30-2014, 07:24 PM
There is no question KE deserves the BBA more than anyone. When you look at past winners, his stats blow them out of the water. But....

BUT! NDSU plays in the MVFC, which is not the Big Fluffy or the exaggerated excellence of the CAA. Inexplicably, Big Fluffy players have won 9 of the last 11 BB awards, the CAA players have won the other two. How the hell nine guys can win a defensive award in a freaking conference that plays no defense is a complete and utter mystery to me.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/buchanan_history.htm

Read the stat lines for some of the other DEs that have won recently. KE should win hands down.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2013buchanan_daly_xxx.htm
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2012buchanan_Schreibeis_430xx.htm

The guy who won with the largest vote margin in history was from JMU. I think KE's stats compare favorably to Moats.

2009, Arthur Moats, DE, James Madison
-- Moats was named the 15th recipient of the Buck Buchanan Award. Moats is the second JMU player to capture the Buchanan Award, joining linebacker Derrick Lloyd, who won the honor in 2001. Moats, a 6-foot-2, 250-pound senior from Portsmouth, Va., led the nation in tackles for loss, averaging 2.14 per game (23.5 total), and was fourth in the FCS in sacks (1.0 per game, 11 total). He also piled up 90 tackles and returned a fumble for a 68-yard touchdown. Moats won by the largest margin in Buchanan Award history, earning 37 first-place votes and 342 points to finish 110 points ahead of runner-up J.C. Sherritt, a linebacker from Eastern Washington. Moats was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the sixth round (178th overall pick) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2014.

One consideration is that the really, really good defenses often don't have a standout all-world stats monster, because to play really good defense requires a whole team effort. That is actually one of the complaints about Jarred Allen, a great pass rusher, but would often put himself out of position on the run game.

thebigund
11-30-2014, 07:43 PM
One thing you need to realize is that Robison is listed as 6'3" by the NFL. Most players shrink when they get to the NFL because the measurements are so accurate. Is Emmanuel actually 6'3"? You'll find out when he gets to the combine, which he should be invited to.

Mr. Burgundy
11-30-2014, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=thebigund;951869]One thing you need to realize is that Robison is listed as 6'3" by the NFL. Most players shrink when they get to the NFL because the measurements are so accurate. Is Emmanuel actually 6'3"? You'll find out when he gets to the combine, which he should be invited to.[/QUOTE

All of 6'3

thebigund
11-30-2014, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=thebigund;951869]One thing you need to realize is that Robison is listed as 6'3" by the NFL. Most players shrink when they get to the NFL because the measurements are so accurate. Is Emmanuel actually 6'3"? You'll find out when he gets to the combine, which he should be invited to.[/QUOTE

All of 6'3

That will be huge in landing him interest from teams. For some reason 6'3" makes a huge difference over 6'2". Too many teams go with measurables these days instead of football skills. From what I've seen he belongs.

Mr. Burgundy
11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Burgundy;951904]

That will be huge in landing him interest from teams. For some reason 6'3" makes a huge difference over 6'2". Too many teams go with measurables these days instead of football skills. From what I've seen he belongs.

Agreed completely. He's very well spoken. Will interview very good. Should test off the charts.

Gully
11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
We'll need a big game from KE this weekend. Sumner has been sharp and I'm sure he can move a little better than he did in Fargo a few weeks ago.

thebigund
11-30-2014, 11:13 PM
We'll need a big game from KE this weekend. Sumner has been sharp and I'm sure he can move a little better than he did in Fargo a few weeks ago.

Hopefully it snows on Saturday, he kept his footing better than anyone in the white stuff.

Green1
11-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Hopefully it snows on Saturday, he kept his footing better than anyone in the white stuff.

I see what you did there! :(:fight::)

Wally
12-01-2014, 12:57 AM

Assuming he keeps his shoes on his feet

Dubbsy
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
So KE is also the backup punter...
I want to see this in a game.

westnodak93bison
12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Ah, no. We want Ben able and ready

Green1
12-08-2014, 05:26 PM

I don't!! :)

Dubbsy
12-08-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't!! :)

Where's your sense of adventure?

I thought all the games were going to be blowouts from here on out anyway.

Nel360
12-08-2014, 05:32 PM
No punts, just go for it on all 4th downs!!

skolbrother
12-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Read first page of thread, very cool to look back!

TbonZach
12-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Ok guys.

Kyle vs a hurricane - who would win?

Here's the catch - the name of the hurricane is "Hurricane Kyle".

westnodak93bison
12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Ok guys.

Kyle vs a hurricane - who would win?

Here's the catch - the name of the hurricane is "Hurricane Kyle".
The universe would explode

steelbison
12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Kyle was held a ton Saturday.
It was blatant. It was obvious. It wasn't called once.

Go bison!!

CAS4127
12-08-2014, 08:53 PM

Go bison!!

It was crazy how bad it was . . . yet no call.

Bisonville GasMan
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM

Just noticed this post...is this for serious??? He's the back up punter???

That.....is.....just.....awesome!!!

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2014, 09:43 PM
I really really would not like to see our main D stud in a position in which people are able to take free shots towards his knees.

CAS4127
12-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I really really would not like to see our main D stud in a position in which people are able to take free shots towards his knees.

I'm not liking it either, as you know they will sell out for blocks. And if blocked there is no roughing kicker call.

Can he pass? If so, maybe run the fake first punt so they are on heels rest of game.

BisonNation11
12-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm not liking it either, as you know they will sell out for blocks. And if blocked there is no roughing kicker call.

Can he pass? If so, maybe run the fake first punt so they are on heels rest of game.

I know of a RB who can pass...

CAS4127
12-08-2014, 09:52 PM
I know of a RB who can pass...

But can he kick if need be?

BisonNation11
12-08-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping they are keeping that secret locked up. Most of these kids are natural athletes. Kicking a 30-40 yard punt shouldn't be too difficult should it?

CAS4127
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm hoping they are keeping that secret locked up. Most of these kids are natural athletes. Kicking a 30-40 yard punt shouldn't be too difficult should it?

Way more difficult than you think. Plus, 30-40 yard punt is actually 45-55 in air, and then there is the hang time factor to allow for proper coverage. Add to that the need to pin deep by kicking out if bounds or putting proper spin and you realize why punting is a specialty.

BisonNation11
12-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Way more difficult than you think. Plus, 30-40 yard punt is actually 45-55 in air, and then there is the hang time factor to allow for proper coverage. Add to that the need to pin deep by kicking out if bounds or putting proper spin and you realize why punting is a specialty.

I know there's all those variables and I'm not asking for any of those. Couldn't we find someone to rugby-style kick it to give us a longer chance to get down field plus the fact the returner will more than likely be trying to catch a bouncing ball? We can't replace Ben at this moment and we shouldn't be trying to. Just someone to get the ball down the field.

EC8CH
12-08-2014, 10:58 PM
NDSU has a futball team... let's go all Georgia Southern and fit one of those kids for a helmet.

BisonNeil
12-08-2014, 11:45 PM

Go bison!!

Same thing happened last time with the same LT and no calls. But I do think it was more blatant this time and more effective since KE went from 4 sacks to zero.

56BISON73
12-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Same thing happened last time with the same LT and no calls. But I do think it was more blatant this time and more effective since KE went from 4 sacks to zero.

those were the plays where the refs let them play.

NorthernBison
12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
those were the plays where the refs let them play.
90% of the people I've commented to about the bad officiating have responded about the calls that were made. That's about 5% of what bothered me about their performance. I'm way more upset about the non-calls. There's 1-2 accepted penalties that I disagree with.

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Kyle needs 10 sacks to become the all time FCS leader, if he's not held, that's only 3.3 per game. He's a beast, I hope he gets close.

EndZoneQB
12-09-2014, 11:36 PM
I know there's all those variables and I'm not asking for any of those. Couldn't we find someone to rugby-style kick it to give us a longer chance to get down field plus the fact the returner will more than likely be trying to catch a bouncing ball? We can't replace Ben at this moment and we shouldn't be trying to. Just someone to get the ball down the field.

Hang time allows for your coverage team to get down there, not long, flat kicks.

BisonNation11
12-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Hang time allows for your coverage team to get down there, not long, flat kicks.
I meant delayed rugby where you have 3 blockers in front of the punter and you keep going towards the sideline until the pressure is too close. I'm aware of how punting works but without a true punter we need to improvise.

thundarsdaddy
12-10-2014, 12:11 AM

We are just watching the replay of the game, I gotta mention several things...1. The color announcer is amazing! 2. There were more no calls in the first quarter than I thought sitting right next to Mr and Mrs Bisonfannette!
3. So I posted a cheery pic of Bisonfannette and her amazing sign!

56BISON73
12-10-2014, 12:13 AM
90% of the people I've commented to about the bad officiating have responded about the calls that were made. That's about 5% of what bothered me about their performance. I'm way more upset about the non-calls. There's 1-2 accepted penalties that I disagree with.

Oh I agree. I was just being facetious.

bisonfanette
12-10-2014, 12:20 AM

Oh my... I just hope that Kyle's momma saw it!
At least they didn't take that one away! Shhh...)

HerdBoy
12-10-2014, 12:26 AM

We are just watching the replay of the game, I gotta mention several things...1. The color announcer is amazing! 2. There were more no calls in the first quarter than I thought sitting right next to Mr and Mrs Bisonfannette!
3. So I posted a cheery pic of Bisonfannette and her amazing sign!

Pat Hill? Yeah that guy is pretty good. Love his football terminology like Lead G and BoB (Back on Backer). I hope he does the next game.

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 12:28 AM
They already announced that the guys that did the natty last year will be doing the game.

westnodak93bison
12-10-2014, 12:55 AM
They already announced that the guys that did the natty last year will be doing the game.
Who were they? Don't tell me that former NFL qb from Howard?

bri-dog
12-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Who were they? Don't tell me that former NFL qb from Howard?

No. It was Anish Shroff and Kelly Stouffer (former QB at CSU).

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Thank you. I wasn't quick enough to find it.

Tatanka
12-10-2014, 01:13 AM

Excellent news! Shroff especially is entertaining.

marenlee
12-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Excellent news! Shroff especially is entertaining.

Glad to hear those guys will be back. Anish gives us props on ESPN/Twitter time to time.

BisonNeil
12-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Glad to hear those guys will be back. Anish gives us props on ESPN/Twitter time to time.

He was also the anchor for the FCS playoff show and the one who zinged Walker for his shit analysis taking everyone else in the pool instead of the Bison. Loved him!

FFBison
12-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Anish has our game this weekend too.

EndZoneQB
12-10-2014, 02:03 AM
they already announced that the guys that did the natty last year will be doing the game.

anish has our game this weekend too.

breaking news!

FFBison
12-10-2014, 02:08 AM
breaking news!

My bad...I thought they had announced that Anish was doing the championship game again! Post of the year right there by me...

SoCalBison
12-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Whole lotta' thread drift goin' on.

Da Bison
12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Kyle and Chris Klieman are on their way to Philadelphia today for the Buck Buchanan presentation.

Herd12
12-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Kyle and Chris Klieman are on their way to Philadelphia today for the Buck Buchanan presentation.

Do you feel like this means he won? There are a lot of nominees you would think it would be odd for him to just "decide" to go.

BisonNeil
12-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Do you feel like this means he won? There are a lot of nominees you would think it would be odd for him to just "decide" to go.

I think you are right, my guess they would not waste their time in a short week of prep if he wasn't the winner.

Da Bison
12-15-2014, 01:33 PM
I was watching the news last night and they said he was a heavy favorite for the award. Hence the cross country trip during game preparations.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2014, 01:33 PM

I'll tell you what; when they chips were down and NDSU needed Kyle to make a play, he made a play along with Mike Hardie. That's what MVP's do.

roadwarrior
12-15-2014, 01:36 PM

I don't think this means he won. Probably the top three or four make the trip.

BisonNeil
12-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I think you are right, my guess they would not waste their time in a short week of prep if he wasn't the winner.

And it's finals week!

Herd12
12-15-2014, 01:46 PM
and it's finals week!

kyle didn't come to play school!

scottietohottie
12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Don't the top three go in each category? Always thought it was crap that Brock didn't at least get invited to the banquet last year. Shouldn't be that big of a deal the coaching staff had to deal with the coach going the last 2 years.

StL Bison Fan
12-15-2014, 02:07 PM
And the answer is...

@DomIzzoWDAY: Emanuel received 70 first-place votes, second place was Villanova's Don Cherry at 13

And this...
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/fcsawards/2014/stories/2014buchanan_emanuel_tsn.htm

gumby013
12-15-2014, 02:11 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fmisc%2Ffcsawards%2F2014%2Fstories%2F 2014buchanan_emanuel_tsn.htm

Chicken Dinner!

StL Bison Fan
12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
@NDSUfootball: Kyle Emanuel is first #NDSUBison to win Buchanan, second in #MVFC history. #FCS https://t.co/V1miIgkAXv

OatmealWicket92
12-15-2014, 02:20 PM
NDSU breeds winners! Way to go Kyle!

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Congrats Kyle!!!!!!! Well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now get on the damn plane and get back to Fargo and get ready to take care of the Bearkats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

natstar1
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/kyle-emanuel?id=2552296

STRENGTHS Logged 16.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in eight games against top 25 opponents. Fires out with forward lean and low pad level. Good hips with low center of gravity. Has ability to bend edge and turn corner abruptly. Plays with strength and isn't easily redirected when he gets to shoulder of tackle. Has quick feet. Frenetic, moving target who is hard to sustain against. Has a linebacker's agility and ability to avoid traffic at his feet. Pursues runners with outstanding angles and never believes he is out of a play. Can set the edge against run and accelerates into ball carriers with a thud.

WEAKNESSES Played against inferior offensive linemen and often rocked tackles off-balance too easily. Has an average burst to the edge. Struggles to find his way back into rush when he is quick-set. Plays with shorter limbs than scouts like and might be a 3-4 OLB only. Too reliant on "run-and-bend" pass rushing -- needs to increase repertoire. Could become engulfed by NFL linemen if he plays too far inside. Rarely breaks off pass rush at high point to come underneath the tackle.

BOTTOM LINE Small-school prospects often come with inflated statistics, but Emanuel's tape shows a combination of motor and skill that should be respected inside NFL buildings once he's studied closely. Emanuel has the leverage and hips to get under tackles and turn the corner, but his explosion off the snap will be tested. With his foot quickness and surprising lateral agility, there might be defensive coordinators willing to give him a shot as a 4-3 SAM linebacker.

-Lance Zierlein

westnodak93bison
02-06-2015, 08:23 PM
I always though he could be a great mlb in our system.

Bison Loaf
02-06-2015, 09:46 PM

Heck, except for QB, CB and WR, I think he could have been great at anything in our system. And I'm not even sure about those three!

td577
02-07-2015, 03:49 AM
Heck, except for QB, CB and WR, I think he could have been great at anything in our system. And I'm not even sure about those three!

He would of hurt somebody as a slot wr. He would have redefined that position, but would of hurt somebody. I think at qb it would have been hard to get him to stay in the pocket. I could see him as a Tim Tebow type qb. Run first, throw if someone made him. Corner would be the one position where I can't imagine him at, at all. He would of gotten in trouble wanting to be physical there.

He straight up can play football. I have no doubt he would've played anywhere they asked him to and learned how to contribute at a high level.

Kermit
02-07-2015, 04:42 AM

Absolutely agree. Kyle actually played MLB for a few plays at SDSU in 2011. He looked great!

jarhead
02-07-2015, 02:37 PM
This is a draft site I like, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of the 40 times they post. If Kyle's 40 time is actually 4.86 as stated, he would probably be in that 2 down thumper MLB
territory that is out of vogue in the NFL right now. The second question would be his ability to flip hips/change direction in order to cover TEs and Rbs downfield.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/playersbyteam.php?DSTeamId=317&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

westnodak93bison
02-07-2015, 02:42 PM
I'd like to know where they get the 40 times. Its amazing how a 4.86 guy can run down a much faster rb from behind. Explain the physics of that one to me.

jarhead
02-07-2015, 03:13 PM
I'd like to know where they get the 40 times. Its amazing how a 4.86 guy can run down a much faster rb from behind. Explain the physics of that one to me.

Agreed. I don't have a clue what they use as a source.

IzzyFlexion
02-07-2015, 03:52 PM

Kyle is such an effin' football stud that once he gets his pads on..........he gets faster...........that's my theory anyway.

Bison Loaf
02-07-2015, 04:58 PM

I do believe extreme desire and competitiveness, in the heat of battle, can make an athlete run faster. Emanuel is certainly the embodiment of that theory.

IzzyFlexion
02-07-2015, 06:07 PM
I do believe extreme desire and competitiveness, in the heat of battle, can make an athlete run faster. Emanuel is certainly the embodiment of that theory.

#224..................
I wasn't joking.
It IS a real ability.

Bison Loaf
02-07-2015, 06:16 PM
#224..................
I wasn't joking.
It IS a real ability.

I know you weren't joking.

td577
02-07-2015, 06:46 PM

There is 40 time fast and there is football fast. There is a difference. Very few football players get the opportunity to get to full speed on the field. Full speed, open field running is rare. Even when it does happen, just because a guy can run a 40 fast, doesn't always mean he is always that much faster than another guy in a 40 when they both have pads on. I hate the 40. If I was running the combine and pro days, I would have them at least run the 40 with pads on. Guys like Prime Time and the Freak would still have blistering times but you would see the field get a lot closer when it comes to guys like KE and your average RB prospect.

Back in the day, I was a sprinter who played football. I wasn't a football player who could sprint. I wasn't slow on the football field, but there were a lot of factors that evened it out for guys who I normally had a step on in any foot race. When the opportunity came in a football game, which was never very often, yes, I would win foot races. My point is it still requires a lot of other factors to be involved before speed is a tangible advantage. Speed, in itself, is only one attribute. I do think there is way too much emphasis put on that one attribute. Chad Greenway is 6'3" 240# with 4.8 speed who finds a way to make some decent money in the NFL with quickness and a nose for the football. Is he all-world? No. Will he find a job playing pro football in the foreseeable future? Yes.

KE could shave a tenth off his 40 time just working with a speed coach.

1998braves64
02-07-2015, 10:18 PM
40 times are a good indicator of quickness. I had the slowest 40 times on my Hs football team but running wind sprints I could be right there with the first to finish. Some kids just keep accelerating past 40 yards a bit and also in heat of moment your likely to perform better 40 yards they are trying to do their fastest time and concentrating on form etc that will give them the fastest time .25 secs is not a lot of time but it can make you go from 4.85 to a blazing 4.6...
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

jarhead
02-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Interesting that this site evaluates Kyle as an OLB rather than an "edge rusher".

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

Milkman
02-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Even more interesting, same site different location. Its info on combine invites. They have KE listed as a DE under the D line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468984/article/prospects-invited-to-the-2015-combine-defensive-linemen

Bison 4 Life
02-08-2015, 06:51 PM
From what it looks like, he will be wearing a LB jersey. That's good. Much like we turn QB's into linebackers, a position switch isn't the end of the world. In fact, in a 3-4 defense, he'll have a better shot getting to the edge against some of the larger tackles in the NFL with a running start and more room to make a move.

Herd12
02-09-2015, 01:15 PM
I've said this before, but Kyle Emanuel is the exact same height and 9 pounds lighter than Clay Matthews. If he wants his best shot at making it the league it's going to be as a 3-4 OLB. Honestly, that position is still 75-85% setting the edge and rushing the passer, but there is a little zone pass coverage mixed in on 4 man rushes.

thundarsdaddy
02-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Even more interesting, same site different location. Its info on combine invites. They have KE listed as a DE under the D line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468984/article/prospects-invited-to-the-2015-combine-defensive-linemen

Thank you sooo much for sharing this!

MAKBison
03-15-2015, 04:55 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/03/2015-nfl-draft-player-profiles-north-dakota-state-olb-kyle-emanuel/

Steeler Depot breaking down KE lots a film and they are real high on him. Fans hoping the PBS pick him up in the late rounds

RedRiver
03-18-2015, 09:06 PM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-2015-nfl-draft-cocktail-conversation-guide-part-2-the-10-biggest-under-the-radar-prospects/

#10 Kyle Emanuel, NDSU

stevdock
03-19-2015, 02:56 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-2015-nfl-draft-cocktail-conversation-guide-part-2-the-10-biggest-under-the-radar-prospects/

#10 Kyle Emanuel, NDSU

Whats the pancake house on campus??

scottietohottie
03-19-2015, 03:01 AM
Whats the pancake house on campus??

The Nonfact

stevdock
03-19-2015, 03:23 AM
The Nonfact

Wow I'm stupid

scottietohottie
03-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Wow I'm stupid

I was like wtf when I first read it but then I looked at other bonus nonfacts the recycling Styrofoam cup guy but wants to convert to plastic bags but don't ask him about it it's a touchy subject made me lol.

wilson
03-23-2015, 04:08 AM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2015-nfl-draft/2015/3/22/8265493/2015-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-kyle-emanuel-olb-north-dakota-state

BisManBison
03-23-2015, 04:27 AM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2015-nfl-draft/2015/3/22/8265493/2015-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-kyle-emanuel-olb-north-dakota-state

Embarrasses DII tackles?

Solid work there fellas....although I suppose if he did indeed play against DII tacked, he would in fact, embarrass them.

BYZEN
03-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Embarrasses DII tackles?

Solid work there fellas....although I suppose if he did indeed play against DII tacked, he would in fact, embarrass them.

Well, he did in fact play against a couple of D-II teams in his career and he definitely embarrassed their tackles. But indeed, this was a fail.

Bisonator98
03-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Embarrasses DII tackles?

Was that a shot at Iowa State? :biggrin:

ndsubison1
03-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Top 10 edge rushers in the draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480861/article/2015-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-edge-rushers?campaign=Twitter_writers_zierlein

HerdBoy
03-29-2015, 03:51 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-draft-prospects-video-position-list-steelers-board/2015/3/28/8304329/2015-nfl-draft-steelers-reportedly-hosting-north-dakota-state

This might be old news.

bisonfanette
03-29-2015, 04:21 AM
But it's GREAT news! We asked him last nite if he would be happy to be drafted by one of these teams, & he said OH Ya!!!

VirginiaBison
03-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Kyle Emanuel will work out for the Vikings. (http://thevikingage.com/2015/03/28/nfl-draft-2015-ndsu-lb-kyle-emanuel-will-work-out-for-vikings/)

FTA: "Besides doing defensive line drills [for the Vikings at NDSU Pro Day], the Philadelphia Eagles worked him at linebacker drills. The team feels Emanuel can line up on the outside or in the middle of their scheme.

The Jacksonville Jaguars put Emanuel through fullback drills."

VirginiaBison
03-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Fantasy College Football Breaking News (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=133960&line=40670&spln=1) - Kyle Emanuel: Emanuel, Ryan seen as underrated OLB options.

FTA: "North Dakota State's Kyle Emanuel and Michigan's Jake Ryan are the draft's most underrated outside linebackers, according to NFL Media analyst Charles Davis."

"Emanuel might project to defensive end for some teams, but was a very productive player for a team that won four consecutive FCS championships," Davis wrote. The 6-foot-3, 251-pounder, who played in the East-West Shrine Game, is one of the FCS' best pro defensive prospects."

WildBill
03-29-2015, 10:16 PM
The Vikings really like him. Or so the rumors go. Crockett to a lesser degree. That's what a few coaches from the Metro area were saying anyways. Hard not to like him. Hard nosed tough, football player.