PDA

View Full Version : Sanford Health

imabison
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Bump.......anything happening out there?
Helllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!

Guess you did not look at the paper recent, sounds like Sanford and the UP doing something, and in the Erv Inniger thread he said that on KFGO that it was a main priority for him, and to look for something late in JULY.

tjbison
06-06-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/280947/

I'm starting to wonder how much money these people can spend before the dominos fall. I mean wow all they have been doing is blowing money. Now with 250-350 Million for a new hospital on PRIME land in S. Fargo how much will be there for a BSA Renovation:hide:

Not sure if this is new facility will include the UP wellness center or if that will be separate also

Bison bison
06-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Many people would call the new hospital an "investment".

But I agree they is some really cheap farmland up near Williston that would be much more fitting for a hospital serving southeast North Dakota.

tjbison
06-06-2010, 02:10 PM
My point is the question, How much money can there be for a renovation after all the "investments" they are making.

I'm not against them building at all. I love econmic development of any kind. But......just seems like lots of plans in such a short time.

Bison bison
06-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Sanford is a very aggressive organization.

You need to be careful to differentiate between Sanford Health and Denny Sanford.

99Bison
06-06-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/280947/

I'm starting to wonder how much money these people can spend before the dominos fall. I mean wow all they have been doing is blowing money. Now with 250-350 Million for a new hospital on PRIME land in S. Fargo how much will be there for a BSA Renovation:hide:

Not sure if this is new facility will include the UP wellness center or if that will be separate also

This land was bought 10 years ago... Not much new investment going in there for a bit yet. and seriously... What's the point of expanding buildings if you aren't going to let people know or be involved in the community. Personally would rather see this attitude and even risk if you think of it as such rather than the typical "ho hum, think small be small attitude" very prevelent in these parts.

lakesbison
06-06-2010, 02:56 PM
the UP center thing is a blow to NDSU, ...we needed the sanford wellness center at NDSU. hopefully they get this worked out.

johnson
06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
the UP center thing is a blow to NDSU, ...we needed the sanford wellness center at NDSU. hopefully they get this worked out.
NDSU already has a very nice wellness center.

tjbison
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Sanford is a very aggressive organization.

You need to be careful to differentiate between Sanford Health and Denny Sanford.

true I forget there is him personally and then the business. anyhow I hope all works out for the Hospital and BSA:nod:

99Bison
06-06-2010, 04:19 PM

No it's not... It's a good thing.

Gully
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Many people would call the new hospital an "investment".

But I agree they is some really cheap farmland up near Williston that would be much more fitting for a hospital serving southeast North Dakota.

Do they really need another hospital in Southeast ND? There can't be that many people living there, even with the oil boom. Doesn't Hettinger, ND have a huge hospital and regional network of Clinics? Plus, I'm assuming Dickinson and Williston have hospitals.

tjbison
06-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Do they really need another hospital in Southeast ND? There can't be that many people living there, even with the oil boom. Doesn't Hettinger, ND have a huge hospital and regional network of Clinics? Plus, I'm assuming Dickinson and Williston have hospitals.

Dickinson and Hettinger are in the SW corner Williston in the NW (kind of) NDB was being sarcastic I believe in his post. The actuall Hospital we are talking about will be built in Fargo;)

Bison bison
06-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Dickinson and Hettinger are in the SW corner Williston in the NW (kind of) NDB was being sarcastic I believe in his post. The actuall Hospital we are talking about will be built in Fargo;)

WTF is that supposed to mean? (jk)

Gully
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
No it's not... It's a good thing.

Help me understand how this is a good thing? I'm not saying it's bad, just not sure I see a connection. Maybe you're saying it indicates they're willing to spend money?

99Bison
06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
This land was bought 10 years ago... Not much new investment going in there for a bit yet. and seriously... What's the point of expanding buildings if you aren't going to let people know or be involved in the community. Personally would rather see this attitude and even risk if you think of it as such rather than the typical "ho hum, think small be small attitude" very prevelent in these parts.

Help me understand how this is a good thing? I'm not saying it's bad, just not sure I see a connection. Maybe you're saying it indicates they're willing to spend money?

those comments...

Bisonguy
06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Meritcare is essentially landlocked from expanding significantly at their downtown location. Many parts of their current building are so old that there are major obstacles to overcome to bring them up to current optimal medical center construction standards, so the options are build entirely new or shut down/downsize departments while areas of the downtown hospital are razed and a new medical center is built in phases. Building new would be much less expensive and would not affect their revenue production. Plenty of other reasons why they would want to move to the Agassiz Crossing location including access for the trauma center, sothward growth of the city, etc.

As far as the UP health/wellness center, I'd say that's a good thing for south Fargo.

lakesbison
06-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Gully and I aren't getting our questions answered. hmm

Gully
06-07-2010, 03:35 AM
those comments...

I thought you were saying it was a good thing in terms of NDSU getting their deal done. If you're saying it's "good for the region" or something like that I certainly don't disagree.

I wonder what impact, if any, this has on NDSUs chance of a deal? At one point it sounded like a done deal....haven't heard much lately.

Who knows, maybe it'll be announced this week!

99Bison
06-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought you were saying it was a good thing in terms of NDSU getting their deal done. If you're saying it's "good for the region" or something like that I certainly don't disagree.

I wonder what impact, if any, this has on NDSUs chance of a deal? At one point it sounded like a done deal....haven't heard much lately.

Who knows, maybe it'll be announced this week!

I am saying it's a good thing for the region and the arena project. FINALLY, here is a local/regional area company looking to be progressive, grow and expand. The fact that they are spending across the board on numerous projects that are needed (as BisonGuy states above for example) and more so for the arena specificially - on a common person athletic related facility is even better.

Jeez, some local business finally steps up the plate like lakes is always drooling for and now he is questioning it! :banghead: :D

Bisonguy
06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I am saying it's a good thing for the region and the arena project. FINALLY, here is a local/regional area company looking to be progressive, grow and expand. The fact that they are spending across the board on numerous projects that are needed (as BisonGuy states above for example) and more so for the arena specificially - on a common person athletic related facility is even better.

Jeez, some local business finally steps up the plate like lakes is always drooling for and now he is questioning it! :banghead: :D

Yeah, one of the major reasons for the Sanford Health/Meritcare merger was for easier/greater access to bonds for capital projects. It's not like they're going to just write a check or pull some cash out of their wallet for a new medical campus.

I believe that they're looking at as many ways to invest in the community to show that this isn't becoming a Sioux Falls based company.

Bison"FANatic"
06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, one of the major reasons for the Sanford Health/Meritcare merger was for easier/greater access to bonds for capital projects. It's not like they're going to just write a check or pull some cash out of their wallet for a new medical campus.

I believe that they're looking at as many ways to invest in the community to show that this isn't becoming a Sioux Falls based company.

Yet everything up here is Sanford/Meritcare and I believe but may be wrong but everything I saw down in Sioux Falls land was still just Sanford. I could care less as its just a name but just take the Meritcare off if it isn't used company wide.

met1990
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Yet everything up here is Sanford/Meritcare and I believe but may be wrong but everything I saw down in Sioux Falls land was still just Sanford. I could care less as its just a name but just take the Meritcare off if it isn't used company wide.

I believe you are correct in that everything in Sioux Falls is still Sanford. The "new, unified name" that will be unveiled soon should clear up anything with Meritcare still on it.

Bisonguy
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I believe you are correct in that everything in Sioux Falls is still Sanford. The "new, unified name" that will be unveiled soon should clear up anything with Meritcare still on it.

Probably a good idea not to announce anything with the arena until the name for the naming rights is finalized.

SDbison
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
If you believe anything other than "Sanford" is going to be in the unified name you are fooling yourself. Denny has an ego bigger than North and South Dakota combined. Hope he feels good about all that so called hard earned cash he made jacking up every bank fee possible.
A true giving person woudn't insist his name was plastered on every building he is involved with.......if you saw the hype he put into his big announcement about the Sioux Valley hospital deal (takeover) you would understand. Denny had all sorts of commercials on local media about "the gift".

DjKyRo
06-07-2010, 07:34 PM
"Sanford Arena" sounds a heck of a lot classier than "KFC Yum! Arena" (the name of Louisville's shiny new stadium). Random, I know.

johnson
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
The Forum is reporting that Sanford is donating $6 million for the new fitness and wellness center at the UPC. Could it be that Sanford wants to unveil their new name in early July before they announce the donation to NDSU?

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/281225/

Hammersmith
06-10-2010, 01:51 AM
I actually have a semi-inside source for the hospital project. (this is new ground for me) Current plans are to move most of the functions of the Broadway location into the new facility and leave the rest for heart care and the cancer center. RMCC especially can use all the space it can get. The success of Altru's center in GF is due in no small part to RMCC not having enough room for the region's demand. RMCC already exists as a semi-independent department of Meritcare(it has its own lab, imaging department, and has almost a floor to itself in the patient wing). This move would further separate RMCC from the greater Meritcare facility(in a good way). This could move RMCC from a very good regional treatment facility to one of the major players in the upper Midwest.

The heart center is already top notch since the recent addition/renovation, but giving it even more space will only make it better. I'm sure the emergency room will stay for speed of response reasons(and I bet the new location will also have that function), and the basic family practice and outpatient functions will stay. To me, it seems like everybody wins.

As for the UP project being bad for NDSU, I don't buy it. Meritcare is already into sports medicine and physical therapy in their Southpointe location, but having those functions practically across the street from their future main hospital is a no-brainier. Maybe they'll re-purpose Southpointe or just duplicate some functions, but this is also a win-win. YMCA gets another new fitness center located in the fastest growing section of the metro area, Sanford gets name recognition and a better location for a growing program, Brandt/UP gets another draw and a better chance for Phase II of the UP Center(the additional 4 ice sheets), and the residents of southwest Fargo(and south West Fargo - hehe) are going to have one hell of a recreational center once the city park and water feature are added. The fact that Sanford is pushing so hard to expand their sports medicine capability in Fargo should only be viewed as helping NDSU.

Erv has basically said to wait to the end of July. If July comes and goes with no announcement, then I will start getting stressed. But I'm not going to worry about it until then. Sanford Health/Meritcare and NDSU have so many irons in the fire right now that I don't expect anything to happen for at least a month. SH/M will probably be dropping the Meritcare next month, plus getting the ball rolling on the new facilities is far more important to them than a BSA renovation. NDSU needs to deal with the upcoming BSA audit before moving forward, not to mention getting a new president up to speed who doesn't take over until next week.

Just my opinions.

tjbison
06-10-2010, 02:10 AM
I actually have a semi-inside source for the hospital project. (this is new ground for me) Current plans are to move most of the functions of the Broadway location into the new facility and leave the rest for heart care and the cancer center. RMCC especially can use all the space it can get. The success of Altru's center in GF is due in no small part to RMCC not having enough room for the region's demand. RMCC already exists as a semi-independent department of Meritcare(it has its own lab, imaging department, and has almost a floor to itself in the patient wing). This move would further separate RMCC from the greater Meritcare facility(in a good way). This could move RMCC from a very good regional treatment facility to one of the major players in the upper Midwest.

The heart center is already top notch since the recent addition/renovation, but giving it even more space will only make it better. I'm sure the emergency room will stay for speed of response reasons(and I bet the new location will also have that function), and the basic family practice and outpatient functions will stay. To me, it seems like everybody wins.

As for the UP project being bad for NDSU, I don't buy it. Meritcare is already into sports medicine and physical therapy in their Southpointe location, but having those functions practically across the street from their future main hospital is a no-brainier. Maybe they'll re-purpose Southpointe or just duplicate some functions, but this is also a win-win. YMCA gets another new fitness center located in the fastest growing section of the metro area, Sanford gets name recognition and a better location for a growing program, Brandt/UP gets another draw and a better chance for Phase II of the UP Center(the additional 4 ice sheets), and the residents of southwest Fargo(and south West Fargo - hehe) are going to have one hell of a recreational center once the city park and water feature are added. The fact that Sanford is pushing so hard to expand their sports medicine capability in Fargo should only be viewed as helping NDSU.

Erv has basically said to wait to the end of July. If July comes and goes with no announcement, then I will start getting stressed. But I'm not going to worry about it until then. Sanford Health/Meritcare and NDSU have so many irons in the fire right now that I don't expect anything to happen for at least a month. SH/M will probably be dropping the Meritcare next month, plus getting the ball rolling on the new facilities is far more important to them than a BSA renovation. NDSU needs to deal with the upcoming BSA audit before moving forward, not to mention getting a new president up to speed who doesn't take over until next week.

Just my opinions.

And very awesome Opinions if you ask me!!

roadwarrior
06-10-2010, 02:26 AM
The Forum is reporting that Sanford is donating $6 million for the new fitness and wellness center at the UPC. Could it be that Sanford wants to unveil their new name in early July before they announce the donation to NDSU?

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/281225/

Shouldn't you say "investment" rather than "donating"? To me it sounds like they are going to be a partner in the center with the Y.

johnson
06-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Shouldn't you say "investment" rather than "donating"?

Absolutely. My apologies.

roadwarrior
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
The "Meritcare" name is being dropped. No surprise.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/281310/group/homepage/

Hammersmith
09-02-2010, 04:45 AM
The name change thing is contagious:

Innovis to change its name (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/289625/group/homepage/)

Essentia Health? Seriously?

roper1313
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
The Innovis change has been in the works for quite some time. They've been working on consolidating back office pieces for over a year now. The big shake will be in Duluth when Duluth Clinic/St. Mary's chages it's name to Essentia. It sounds like we'll see St. Mary's in DL and St. Josephs (??) in Brainerd change as well with this.