PDA

View Full Version : WDAY Sports Talk

johnson
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Did anyone get a chance to listen to Gene Taylor today on sports talk? Anything new mentioned?

Bison"FANatic"
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Basically a bunch of joking about conference invitations and that he is "waiting" by his phone anxiously for a call.(NOTE THAT WAS ALL SAID IN JEST) Talked about how nothing could happen at all or if something does happen it would probably take quite a bit of time to trickle down to our level if it even did. He didn't sound like he was looking for much change non our front. Talked about money and how we are at about (I don't remember the exact number) 12.5 million and how that would have to increase drastically to make a move. Talked about UNI studying it and found out that it wasn't in their best interest.

He did say that they had a summit meeting and nothing and no one was moved forward on Summit expansion talk.

NDSUstudent
06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Did anyone get a chance to listen to Gene Taylor today on sports talk? Anything new mentioned?

Not really, he said an FCS school has a lot of challenges in moving up and that maybe one or two would actually do it. He said he talked with UCD's AD recently and their AD said he doesn't know where the WAC rumors are coming from because his school couldn't do it. Gene seemed a bit bewildered about the possibility of Sac State getting into the WAC, most of the talk focused on Montana.

He did mention that there is a possibility that SUU could get into the Big Sky. He also said the Summit will talk about expansion in June but no move will be made to add any schools.

MNLonghorn10
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
ndsu to the big 10. my source confirmed with a presser on friday

Elephants Dream?
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
If ??? SUU were to move out of the Summit, that would make it
much easier if the Summit wanted to go to Fri-Sat games.
The KC to SUU (or SUU to KC) trip makes it about impossible now.

johnson
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the updates I appreciate it.

I did catch him on McFeeley's show at about 2:30 today and he said that he has given the scheduling duties to an assistant so hopefully we see some schedules wrapping up a little quicker now. While talking to other AD's at UC Davis and SDSU he found that they had someone else handling the scheduling for them. He also mentioned that the MAC was possibly looking at a couple of MVFC schools but didn't say who and it didn't sound very serious. The WAC was brought up and Montana came up as a school who has been talking about a move up for awhile now. The conversation ended with a brief talk about KU v. NDSU on FCS, Inniger retiring and Sanford spending money in the community.

MN_BISON
06-09-2010, 09:49 PM

I did catch him on McFeeley's show at about 2:30 today and he said that he has given the scheduling duties to an assistant so hopefully we see some schedules wrapping up a little quicker now. While talking to other AD's at UC Davis and SDSU he found that they had someone else handling the scheduling for them. He also mentioned that the MAC was possibly looking at a couple of MVFC schools but didn't say who and it didn't sound very serious. The WAC was brought up and Montana came up as a school who has been talking about a move up for awhile now. The conversation ended with a brief talk about KU v. NDSU on FCS, Inniger retiring and Sanford spending money in the community.

Thanks for the info Johnson. After reading your post I decided to check out the KFGO web site because I thought they would have it available on McFeely's home page since they are now the home of the Bison but I was wrong, no Gene Taylor pod cast available, kind of surprised, just figured the voice of NDSU would have it up there for all to hear. Puffy, oh Puffy, can ya help a guy out and get the link up? :confused:

tjbison
06-09-2010, 09:51 PM

Youngstown St, and Illinois St, but I believe that YSU applied and was denied for the MAC not too long ago

Kermit
06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
ndsu to the big 10. my source confirmed with a presser on friday

I don't think it will happen that fast. A couple of other things need to happen first:

1) North Dakota and South Dakota will merge. The new state will be known as "Sanford." The new state will be a constitutional monarchy.

2) NDSU and SDSU will merge to become Sanford University. The Big Ten will beg SU to join. USD will become Sanford CC, Vermillion. UND will become Teh Sanford Hockey Academy.

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2010, 06:55 AM
I don't think it will happen that fast. A couple of other things need to happen first:

1) North Dakota and South Dakota will merge. The new state will be known as "Sanford." The new state will be a constitutional monarchy.

2) NDSU and SDSU will merge to become Sanford University. The Big Ten will beg SU to join. USD will become Sanford CC, Vermillion. UND will become Teh Sanford Hockey Academy.

we must share the same source:rofl:

The Lost Dutchman
06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info Johnson. After reading your post I decided to check out the KFGO web site because I thought they would have it available on McFeely's home page since they are now the home of the Bison but I was wrong, no Gene Taylor pod cast available, kind of surprised, just figured the voice of NDSU would have it up there for all to hear. Puffy, oh Puffy, can ya help a guy out and get the link up? :confused:

I'll work on it, give me an hour.

Kermit
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I'll work on it, give me an hour.

Puffy, thanks for participating on Bisonville. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. Posting the podcasts on the website is a very good thing!

SDbison
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM

Very funny! Denny needs his name on everything to feel good about himself.....just too funny!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Lost Dutchman
06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
http://www.kfgo.com/uploads/Gene%20Taylor%20McFeeley.mp3, Here is the interview with Gene.

DjKyRo
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
This is what I dislike about Fargo radio - if you listen to Vikings radio or even radio in most college cities on a national level you hear a ton of "we" and "us" when talking with individuals affiliated with the local team. Paul Allen is proud that his show is all-in for the Vikings, and with radio here in Fargo all we hear are "you guys." I wish the radio would jump in with NDSU, we need some good old Homer Radio.

Mr. Burgundy
06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
This is what I dislike about Fargo radio - if you listen to Vikings radio or even radio in most college cities on a national level you hear a ton of "we" and "us" when talking with individuals affiliated with the local team. Paul Allen is proud that his show is all-in for the Vikings, and with radio here in Fargo all we hear are "you guys." I wish the radio would jump in with NDSU, we need some good old Homer Radio.

I could not agree more. We absolutely need someone to show us that we have a home. KFGO has done nothing to impress me to this point. We all know that Hammer is the voice of UND athletics, and he has his own show which will remain neutral. He will never cheer for NDSU. Joel is not a fan of NDSU and McFeeley is more like Dan Bariero in that he will be sarcastic at anything that he has the chance. NDSU needs to make sure that Scotty has his own show, which should be year round. But, he has the Redhawk responsibilities that keep his busy for many months. It would be nice to know what KFGO has in store, but do date I haven't seen anything that is impressing me with out new "home."

Tatanka
06-10-2010, 11:42 PM

But we had Homer Radio on KFGO...

Oh. Wait. You meant homers for NDSU. Ahhhh... Got it.

MN_BISON
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.kfgo.com/uploads/Gene%20Taylor%20McFeeley.mp3, Here is the interview with Gene.

Thanks Puffster!:cheers: