PDA

View Full Version : Summer football, 2010 BADLANDS BOWL

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:02 AM
June 19th, in Dickinson at the BAC. This is our year, we have a great team.

BadlandsBison
06-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I would love to see us take one from Montana. Both at the college level and high school!

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Thorton QB, Miller RB, NDSU and UND combine to beat Montana?

lakesbison
06-09-2010, 02:10 AM
nope, just thorton.

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:12 AM
nope, just thorton.

So if we win, we meaning NORTH DAKOTA, and Thorton is the QB, you will give some credit?

DjKyRo
06-09-2010, 02:18 AM
So if we win, we meaning NORTH DAKOTA, and Thorton is the QB, you will give some credit?

Last I checked weren't we North Dakota State? Who gives a flip where our players come from, the fact of the matter is they're all Bison. I wish you guys would drop this pointless flame war over each others' states, shucks.

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Badlands Bowl is ND vs. Montana, moral of the thread. It doesn't matter where they come from is right, Jake Miller is a UND recruit, and I hope he plays great. We need to beat Montana. This is a big game this year, and no Minnesota players are involved, it's all us.

CaBisonFan
06-09-2010, 02:21 AM
June 19th, in Dickinson at the BAC. This is our year, we have a great team.

Ah...but 4m...we can't win with ND players...:cool:

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:24 AM
This is the best of what ND has to offer, vs. the best of what Montana has to offer, that mostly being Griz. We need to prove ourselves, we haven't shown up very much in this series. This is personal, I could care less what Minnesota people have to say, this is NORTH DAKOTA.

westnodak93bison
06-09-2010, 02:42 AM
MT has nearly a million people whereas ND has only 600k. They should kick our a$$ every year imho.

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Travis Beck and Ryan Smith are also playing, big recruits for us.

DjKyRo
06-09-2010, 02:44 AM
What's the approximate ratio of NDSU:UND players reppin' ND?

Hambone
06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
What's the approximate ratio of NDSU:UND players reppin' ND?

As far as I can tell there are four future Bison and three future Sioux, although I could be wrong.....

http://www.badlandsbowl.com/ND_roster.htm

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 03:02 AM
MT has nearly a million people whereas ND has only 600k. They should kick our a$$ every year imho.

What does having more population have to do with it?
1994, Feeney blew them up, 1st year of the rivalry, we won.
We put up 50+ points in 2005, pretty sure population doesn't have anything to do with it. Look at the records, Steffes is on there. It just depends who we have come to play,and this year, we will step up. We are stacked.

EndZoneQB
06-09-2010, 03:15 AM
We put up 50+ points in 2005, pretty sure population doesn't have anything to do with it. Look at the records, Steffes is on there. It just depends who we have come to play,and this year, we will step up. We are stacked.

Population matters a lot...

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Population matters a lot...

I guess with all the FBS talks, then I'm the only one rooting for NDSU then?

EndZoneQB
06-09-2010, 03:34 AM

Last I checked weren't we North Dakota State? Who gives a flip where our players come from, the fact of the matter is they're all Bison. I wish you guys would drop this pointless flame war over each others' states, shucks.

I guess with all the FBS talks, then I'm the only one rooting for NDSU then?

Are you tho?

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Are you tho?

actually I am, b/c not all of these players on this team are ndsu players. Ofcourse I root for SU, but in this case, it's all ND.
Too many jealous MN people looking at this game from the outside. Isn't there a Metro vs. Hick game you can watch on FSN at the same time?

EndZoneQB
06-09-2010, 03:37 AM
actually I am, b/c not all of these players on this team are ndsu players. Ofcourse I root for SU, but in this case, it's all ND.

Don't worry, I'm just giving you shit brah!

westnodak93bison
06-09-2010, 03:46 AM

Are you kidding me? Play MN against MT and MN will win nearly every year.
Same reason Bismarck would kick the snot out of Beulah nearly every year.
More kids to choose from. Simple math my friend.

Twentysix
06-09-2010, 03:51 AM

Agreed, the defecit is not even close to beulah v bismarck though. Your suggesting Montana is like 6 million+. ND v MN would be beulah v bismarck.

This games more like...Minot v Grand Forks or Minneapolis v St paul.

Go ND, who gives a (bleep) where they are from!

(actually i just looked up the populations and bismarck is 20x beulah. So its more like ND v Illinois or Pennsylvania)

EndZoneQB
06-09-2010, 03:55 AM

Exactly. It's the basis of having different classes...can't argue much with that. Obviously there are anomalies in stats, but generally it holds true.

4mcruenomore
06-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Why do people bring in Minnesota into every thread? It's not about population or Eden Prairie, it's about ND vs. Montana. If you feel left out, just read and don't post. This is a big deal to us out here "in hicks ville". We have some big recruits in this game and I can't wait to see how they perform.

lakesbison
06-09-2010, 04:37 AM
No one on here is dissing our NODAK recruits.

Why dont YOU come to grips that NDSU is a 'REGIONAL' school for academics 50/50 Minn/Nd. and athletically 75/25 Minn/Nd,

Nothing to be ashamed of 4mcrue, dont take it so personally' bro,

Twentysix
06-09-2010, 04:51 AM
No one on here is dissing our NODAK recruits.

Why dont YOU come to grips that NDSU is a 'REGIONAL' school for academics 50/50 Minn/Nd. and athletically 75/25 Minn/Nd,

Nothing to be ashamed of 4mcrue, dont take it so personally' bro,

Of course NDSU isnt exactly in bismarck. It would only make sense the larger population source would have a big impact on the enrollment and athletics.

The most surprising statistic is that we dont have that many manatobians you would think a city the size of winnipeg would yeild some D1 talent that NDSU could scoop(i bet we just dont recruit kids from there.)

I would bet SDSU has there fair share of MN IA and NE.

BadlandsBison
06-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Just so everyone is clear, and to change the direction of this thread, the Badlands Bowl is not named in my honor:)

This game is interesting to me for a big reason though. We play both Mon-State and U-of-Mon in a couple years. The Montana schools have a ton of Montana players and I can only assume that these players will be meeting again in a few years in the Dome. Lets go Future-Bison!

Also, does anyone know who is coaching for the NoDak team?

ndsubison1
06-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Mark Gibson (BHS Coach) is probably coaching.

Although we do have some stellar players on Team ND the talent is no where near where it was since 2006 here in ND. I think this ND team will lose to Montana again. The talent has just been down the past few seasons.

MNLonghorn10
06-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Too many jealous MN people looking at this game from the outside. Isn't there a Metro vs. Hick game you can watch on FSN at the same time?

youre right. as a born and raised minnesotan, i'm super jealous the best of my state can't come to dickinson and piss pound the living hell out of north dakota by 70.

but i can't wait to see you turn this around and tell me im not an NDSU bison football team fan.

Bison"FANatic"
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
youre right. as a born and raised minnesotan, i'm super jealous the best of my state can't come to dickinson and piss pound the living hell out of north dakota by 70.

but i can't wait to see you turn this around and tell me im not an NDSU bison football team fan.

I am a North Dakotan but even I understand that Minnesota would pound the living crap out of ND if that game was to take place.

I think after reading various threads this AM that 4mCrue had a major breakdown from about 9PM to midnight last night.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

bisonhusker
06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
As far as I can tell there are four future Bison and three future Sioux, although I could be wrong.....

http://www.badlandsbowl.com/ND_roster.htm

So there were 7 kids that Muss wanted and 4 kids that Bohl wanted playing in the game. Thanks for the link.

bisonhusker
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
This is the best of what ND has to offer, vs. the best of what Montana has to offer, that mostly being Griz. We need to prove ourselves, we haven't shown up very much in this series. This is personal, I could care less what Minnesota people have to say, this is NORTH DAKOTA.

You were the first person to bring up MN kids in this thread. You are the only person that cares. Most Bison fans root for getting great local kids and hopefully they become great Bison. Relax and stop getting so worked up over the state. Continue to remember that we EVERY YEAR get the best kids from the state of ND. I agree, it would be nice to beat Montana this year. Fun to follow some of our recruits. I hope they showcase their talent.

Ferd
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, do any of the kids wind up getting scholarship offers as a result of their play in this game?

Bison Dan
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
So there were 7 kids that Muss wanted and 4 kids that Bohl wanted playing in the game. Thanks for the link.

No there were 4 players that Muss wanted!

EndZoneQB
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I am a North Dakotan but even I understand that Minnesota would pound the living crap out of ND if that game was to take place.

I think after reading various threads this AM that 4mCrue had a major breakdown from about 9PM to midnight last night.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

It happens from time to time haha.

Ginsbach
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
No there were 4 players that Muss wanted!

The Joke
Your Head

Anyway, I don't remember the Badlands Bowl being a big deal at all when I played high school football in ND. More people were concerned with the Shrine Bowl than the Badlands Bowl, at least in the area I grew up in. Of course, this is probably because we 9-man three out of the four years I was in high school and this roster is 11-man only players.

Speaking of that, I wish we'd see some 9-man players on the roster - there isn't as big of jump between the two as you'd think and it would be nice to see some of the smaller towns get involved in this.

stevdock
06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
How are the players picked for this game?? I didn't watch much AAA football this year as I was coaching in AA. But I can't believe there aren't more AA players. How is there nobody from Shanley and/or Devils Lake?? Shanley has the #1 prospect in the state. Granted he's a junior, so may be ineligible for the game. I thought Devils Lake had some talent that would make this game. It just amazes me that on one roster there are 10 kids from Bismarck and none from 1/2 of the Semi-Finals of AA. I get that some may have turned down the game but it still surprises me.

onbison09
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
How are the players picked for this game?? I didn't watch much AAA football this year as I was coaching in AA. But I can't believe there aren't more AA players. How is there nobody from Shanley and/or Devils Lake?? Shanley has the #1 prospect in the state. Granted he's a junior, so may be ineligible for the game. I thought Devils Lake had some talent that would make this game. It just amazes me that on one roster there are 10 kids from Bismarck and none from 1/2 of the Semi-Finals of AA. I get that some may have turned down the game but it still surprises me.

I think it's all seniors.

Grizzled
06-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Anyway, I don't remember the Badlands Bowl being a big deal at all when I played high school football in ND. More people were concerned with the Shrine Bowl than the Badlands Bowl, at least in the area I grew up in. Of course, this is probably because we 9-man three out of the four years I was in high school and this roster is 11-man only players.

Speaking of that, I wish we'd see some 9-man players on the roster - there isn't as big of jump between the two as you'd think and it would be nice to see some of the smaller towns get involved in this.

Don't know where your from but if I where to guess I would say eastern part of North Dakota. The Badlands Bowl is a pretty big deal from maybe Jamestown west. For sure Bismarck west. On the other hand the Shrine Bowl is way bigger to the eastern part of the state and will only get a little write up west of Bismarck. The roster is made up of seniors and there are 9 man kids who get invited or have been invited in the past. There has been a pretty big push lately though to go with more AAA kids. Montana used to load up with Billings, Helena and Bozeman kids who where going FBS and clean up. ND has now tried to get AAA kids and if its close they will take a AAA over a lower level kid.

Tatanka
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The Joke
Your Head

Actually, I'd go with

The Joke

Your Head.

I interpreted it as Muss wanted NDSU's 4 recruits but settled for the other three after he couldn't get them.

semobison
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
The last time I went to this game ND spanked MT. Luke Senger had some big hits for ND! This game will showcase DSU,s new Badlands Activity Center, the best outdoor football facility in the state. Quit the bickering and head west for the weekend. Im going to take my dad to the game sat, and then play Bully Pulpit on fathers day!

4mcruenomore
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
The Savior will win this one for us, it will be a good weekend. Meet you at the Spur Semo.

Grizzled
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
The Savior will win this one for us,

I think we should leave religion off of this board. :D:D

Oh, wait. You meant your man crush. Whats he saving again?

Blue&Gold
06-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Actually there are 7 Bobcats and 2 Griz. Looking forward to 2013 and seeing how many of these guys will be playing against the Bison. Here's to a good, fun game with no injuries.

I found online radio but is there any online TV?

Twentysix
06-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Actually there are 7 Bobcats and 2 Griz. Looking forward to 2013 and seeing how many of these guys will be playing against the Bison. Here's to a good, fun game with no injuries.

its on cable ones community access channel i believe. Your local cable company may do the same.

Channel 14 for those of you in Fargo

Hammersmith
06-19-2010, 11:01 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. If you live in one of the following cities and have cable, you can get it there. If you have a vested interest in the game, BEK Comunications will be selling a DVD of the game at www.bektel.com

Partnering cable providers that will be televising the events include:

· BEK Communications of Steele, N.D. – Channels 28, 29 & 30
· Cable ONE of Fargo, N.D. – Channel 14
· Consolidated Telcom of Dickinson, N.D. – Channel 18
· Dakota Central Telecommunications of Carrington, N.D. – Channels 19, 20 & 21
· Dickey Rural Networks of Ellendale, N.D. – Channels 7 & 91
· Halstad Telephone Company of Halstad, M.N. – Channels 33 & 34
· Midcontinent Communications of Bismarck, Mandan & Lincoln, N.D. – Channel 73
· Midstate Telephone Company of Stanley, N.D. – Channels 17 & 18
· Northwest Communications Cooperative of Ray, N.D. – Channels 55
· Polar Communications of Park River, N.D. – Channel 3
· Reservation Telephone Cooperative of Parshall, N.D. – Channels 21, 22 & 23
· SRT Communications of Minot, N.D. – Channels 22 & 322
· Turtle Mountain Communications, Langdon, N.D. – Channels 17, 18 & 19
· United Communications of Langdon, N.D. – Channels 17, 18 & 19

Blue&Gold
06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys, radio it is.

westnodak93bison
06-19-2010, 11:16 PM

correct me if I'm wrong
4 future Bison: Esley Thorton, Ryan Smith, Tyler Gefroh and Travis Beck

4mcruenomore
06-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Not going good so far, 9-0 Montana, and they are marching

sambini
06-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Watchn on 14 up 41 to 29.