PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Volleyball Schedule

Hammersmith
05-24-2010, 10:12 PM
This could start some conversation. According to USD, NDSU is hosting a tournament this fall(Sep 17-18) featuring NDSU, SDSU, Tulsa, UND & USD.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/wvball/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=5767

Tatanka
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Why would USD come to a tourney in Fargo and not play the Bison? My guess is typo...

lakesbison
05-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Welcome.back to 1999!!!!

glorified NCC. disgusting,

TheBisonator
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
At least Tulsa is participating...

We should be able to pound the s$%t outta that tournament.

JSUBison
06-02-2010, 12:46 AM
NDSU was a bubble team last year, and just missed the nat'l tourney due to a lackluster OOC slate. NDSU could sweep this tourney and be the worse for it in the long run. HORRIBLE if this tourney happens.

It would be better for the team just to schedule Tulsa. We already play SDSU, and as far as the other two schools, what's the point?

tjbison
06-02-2010, 01:49 AM
NDSU was a bubble team last year, and just missed the nat'l tourney due to a lackluster OOC slate. NDSU could sweep this tourney and be the worse for it in the long run. HORRIBLE if this tourney happens.

It would be better for the team just to schedule Tulsa. We already play SDSU, and as far as the other two schools, what's the point?

Either we can't get bigger schools to let us play them, or we haven't figured out the RPI thing yet. I agree ALL our sports need to up the competition out of conference. I could give a rip about playing local schools because they suck, like UND for mens bball this year in no way shape or form helps us.

lakesbison
06-02-2010, 05:00 AM
i 10000% agree. this sucks, i think our AD dept has given up.

NDSUstudent
06-02-2010, 05:02 AM
UND's RPI wasn't too bad last year from what I can remember, I have no clue about USD though.

I'm fine with playing local DI schools, especially in hoops because we all know the alternative(some DI school nobody has heard of or a DAC school).

lakesbison
06-02-2010, 05:25 AM
ya ya ya. just roll over and go back to the NCC, congrats.

NDSUstudent
06-02-2010, 05:48 AM
ya ya ya. just roll over and go back to the NCC, congrats.

Lakes I want NDSU to be in the WAC, which is about as far from the NCC as you can get. That said, I want meaningful non-conference opponents and UND beats the heck out of the Utah Valley's of the DI world.

roadwarrior
06-02-2010, 12:17 PM
The saturday match against SDSU on this weekend is a Summit League scheduled match, which since they are our travel partner would mean only one home match that weekend. Apparently NDSU and SDSU agreed to expand the weekend into a tournament since both teams would be playing in Fargo anyway.

imabison
06-02-2010, 11:16 PM
The saturday match against SDSU on this weekend is a Summit League scheduled match, which since they are our travel partner would mean only one home match that weekend. Apparently NDSU and SDSU agreed to expand the weekend into a tournament since both teams would be playing in Fargo anyway.

Thanks for the clarification Road, guess that means the AD dept has not given up as Lakes would like to suggest!@!

Tatanka
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM

This way, SDSU gets a shot at the ability to leave having said they won a match in Fargo. :nod:

lakesbison
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
oh playing und in volleyball is giving up or lazy, you choose.

play some bigger freakin schools and raise the RPI!

silkamilkamonico
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
oh playing und in volleyball is giving up or lazy, you choose.

play some bigger freakin schools and raise the RPI!

Oh how little you know about college volleyball. With RPI being almost irrelevant in the selection process of the NCAA's (last year is proof of that), the only thing NDSU has right now is winning the conference tournament, and/or continuing to put together great years to get a national ranking, which goes a long way. And no, 3-4 years of great play isn't established credibility.

The Summit has a couple very good teams in it, but MSU-Moorhead could play with and probably beat a good majority of the bottom half of the Summit league.

Hinterstocker is good friends with USD's coach Matt Houk (who's a very good young coach from the same area in Wisconsin that Hinterstocker is with a lot of the same schemes, philosophies), and UND has a very very good young head coach in Ashley Hardee who's already turned their program around much in the same fashion as Hinterstocker did his first year.

This is a great tournament, IMHO. NDSU is a step ahead of the other regional rivalries, and this is a solid preseason tournament for them to help generate more volleyball exposure in the midwest.

NDSUstudent
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Last year UND's volleyball team had an RPI of 130, only six teams on our schedule had a better RPI last year. USD's was 210, which isn't great but also far from the worst team we played last year.

siouxdgj
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Last year UND's volleyball team had an RPI of 130, only six teams on our schedule had a better RPI last year. USD's was 210, which isn't great but also far from the worst team we played last year.

Thank you, NDSUstudent. At least there's a modicum of sanity on this board as it relates to UND and its athletic programs. UND's women's volleyball team, after all, captured both the Great West Conference regular season championship as well as the Great West tournament title. Apparently, that's not good enough for some posters, some who seek to do the scheduling here instead of leaving it up to Gene Taylor. Grossly misrepresenting UND by such an outrageous falsification of facts by some posters does NDSU no good in the long run. Some people just seem unable to let go. Why continue to bash the old NCC so? It was a very good conference in its day.

lakesbison
06-04-2010, 11:28 PM
la te freakin DA............. play somebody worthwhile in ANY sport and compete, then come back and look for sanity.
(this is NOT smack, just plain truth)

siouxdgj
06-04-2010, 11:53 PM
la te freakin DA............. play somebody worthwhile in ANY sport and compete, then come back and look for sanity.
(this is NOT smack, just plain truth)

North Dakota State early April in the Metrodome in baseball. UND won three out of four. Or don't you consider yourself a WORTHY opponent? Also, UND was edged 11-10 at Nebraska in baseball this year. And, UND beat South Dakota State 7-1 May 18 in Grand Forks. Just who in the hell do you consider a worthy opponent anyway?

siouxdgj
06-05-2010, 12:12 AM
North Dakota State early April in the Metrodome in baseball. UND won three out of four. Or don't you consider yourself a WORTHY opponent? Also, UND was edged 11-10 at Nebraska in baseball this year. And, UND beat South Dakota State 7-1 May 18 in Grand Forks. Just who in the hell do you consider a worthy opponent anyway?

Let's change sports. You must certainly recall the Bison women playing and defeating Tulsa twice in the regionals during the 2009 season? Well, this year (2010) the UND softball women beat Tulsa 2-1. Now I ask: Is Tulsa a most worthy opponent?

sambini
06-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh how little you know about college volleyball. With RPI being almost irrelevant in the selection process of the NCAA's (last year is proof of that), the only thing NDSU has right now is winning the conference tournament, and/or continuing to put together great years to get a national ranking, which goes a long way. And no, 3-4 years of great play isn't established credibility.

The Summit has a couple very good teams in it, but MSU-Moorhead could play with and probably beat a good majority of the bottom half of the Summit league.

Hinterstocker is good friends with USD's coach Matt Houk (who's a very good young coach from the same area in Wisconsin that Hinterstocker is with a lot of the same schemes, philosophies), and UND has a very very good young head coach in Ashley Hardee who's already turned their program around much in the same fashion as Hinterstocker did his first year.

This is a great tournament, IMHO. NDSU is a step ahead of the other regional rivalries, and this is a solid preseason tournament for them to help generate more volleyball exposure in the midwest.
Thanks Silk for your insight++++ This should be a great event at the BB+++

JSUBison
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Thank you, NDSUstudent. At least there's a modicum of sanity on this board as it relates to UND and its athletic programs. UND's women's volleyball team, after all, captured both the Great West Conference regular season championship as well as the Great West tournament title. Apparently, that's not good enough for some posters, some who seek to do the scheduling here instead of leaving it up to Gene Taylor. Grossly misrepresenting UND by such an outrageous falsification of facts by some posters does NDSU no good in the long run. Some people just seem unable to let go. Why continue to bash the old NCC so? It was a very good conference in its day.

The selection committee doesn't care if NDSU plays and beats a tranisitioning or independant team. Obviously a win against an established program or even a good showing against one would be better for the Bison. This conversation has nothing to do with UND. Substitute UND for SIUE, NJIT or QWERTY for all I care, point remains. We need to schedule better.

Greenie
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Schedule Released
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204959376

Louisville Tournament
Fri, Aug 27 Louisville at Louisville, Ky. 6 p.m.
Sat, Aug 28 Ohio at Louisville, Ky. 11 a.m.

Iowa State Challenge
Fri, Sep 03 Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Ames, Iowa 11 a.m.
Fri, Sep 03 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa 6:30 p.m.
Sat, Sep 04 Florida International at Ames, Iowa 1 p.m.

Sun, Sep 05 Drake at Des Moines, Iowa 2 p.m.
Fri, Sep 10 Southern Utah * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 11 UMKC * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
NDSU Tournament
Thu, Sep 16 North Dakota Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Sep 17 Tulsa Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 18 South Dakota State * Fargo, N.D. 2 p.m.
Fri, Sep 24 Oral Roberts * at Tulsa, Okla. TBA
Sun, Sep 26 Centenary * at Shreveport, La. TBA
Mon, Sep 27 Central Arkansas at Conway, Ark. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 01 IPFW * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 02 Oakland * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 08 IUPUI * at Indianapolis, Ind. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 09 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 15 Oakland * at Rochester, Mich. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 16 IPFW * at Fort Wayne, Ind. 6 p.m.
Fri, Oct 22 Western Illinois * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 23 IUPUI * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Thu, Oct 28 UMKC * at Kansas City, Mo. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 30 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah 8 p.m.
Mon, Nov 01 Utah at Salt Lake City, Utah 8 p.m.
Sat, Nov 06 South Dakota State * at Brookings, S.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Nov 12 Centenary * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov 13 Oral Roberts * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Summit League Tournament
Fri, Nov 19 Semifinal #1 Fargo, N.D. 5 p.m.
Fri, Nov 19 Semifinal #2 Fargo, N.D. 7:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 20 Championship Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
* Conference Games

DORMIE
06-14-2010, 09:16 PM
I could be wrong, however it is my understanding that Gene Taylor only schedules the football games and the coaches take care of their own scheduling.

Tatanka
06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Schedule Released
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204959376

Louisville Tournament
Fri, Aug 27 Louisville at Louisville, Ky. 6 p.m.
Sat, Aug 28 Ohio at Louisville, Ky. 11 a.m.

Iowa State Challenge
Fri, Sep 03 Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Ames, Iowa 11 a.m.
Fri, Sep 03 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa 6:30 p.m.
Sat, Sep 04 Florida International at Ames, Iowa 1 p.m.

Sun, Sep 05 Drake at Des Moines, Iowa 2 p.m.
Fri, Sep 10 Southern Utah * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 11 UMKC * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.

NDSU Tournament
Thu, Sep 16 North Dakota Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Sep 17 Tulsa Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 18 South Dakota State * Fargo, N.D. 2 p.m.

Fri, Sep 24 Oral Roberts * at Tulsa, Okla. TBA
Sun, Sep 26 Centenary * at Shreveport, La. TBA
Mon, Sep 27 Central Arkansas at Conway, Ark. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 01 IPFW * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 02 Oakland * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 08 IUPUI * at Indianapolis, Ind. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 09 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. 7 p.m.
Fri, Oct 15 Oakland * at Rochester, Mich. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 16 IPFW * at Fort Wayne, Ind. 6 p.m.
Fri, Oct 22 Western Illinois * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 23 IUPUI * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Thu, Oct 28 UMKC * at Kansas City, Mo. 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 30 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah 8 p.m.
Mon, Nov 01 Utah at Salt Lake City, Utah 8 p.m.
Sat, Nov 06 South Dakota State * at Brookings, S.D. 7 p.m.
Fri, Nov 12 Centenary * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov 13 Oral Roberts * Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.

Summit League Tournament
Fri, Nov 19 Semifinal #1 Fargo, N.D. 5 p.m.
Fri, Nov 19 Semifinal #2 Fargo, N.D. 7:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 20 Championship Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.

* Conference Games

Better get more seats in the BBF. It's going to get ridonkulous trying to get in the doors...

:nod:

roadwarrior
06-15-2010, 12:48 AM
The first five matches are all against teams that made the NCAA tournament last year.

Louisville
Ohio
Wisc-Milwaukee
Iowa State
Florida International

sambini
06-15-2010, 02:04 AM
I could be wrong, however it is my understanding that Gene Taylor only schedules the football games and the coaches take care of their own scheduling.Yes+++++++++

roadwarrior
06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Jeff Kolpack is reporting that both Louisville and Ohio will appear at an NDSU home tournament in Fargo in 2012.

The Iowa State match is a home and home agreement with the Cyclones coming to Fargo in 2011.

Great scheduling job by Erich!

Tatanka
06-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Jeff Kolpack is reporting that both Louisville and Ohio will appear at an NDSU home tournament in Fargo in 2012.

The Iowa State match is a home and home agreement with the Cyclones coming to Fargo in 2011.

Great scheduling job by Erich!

This is pretty awesome! And now for the "me too" piggyback attempts from other schools in the region ("well if you're already coming to Fargo you may as well stop here in ******"). Once again the hard work is done by NDSU.

Hambone
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
This is pretty awesome! And now for the "me too" piggyback attempts from other schools in the region ("well if you're already coming to Fargo you may as well stop here in ******"). Once again the hard work is done by NDSU.
You can't prove that's how the conversation actually goes - it could be that the other teams really want to play the folks in ****** and are scheduling to come to Fargo to piggyback the trips....:nod::bong:

Tatanka
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
You can't prove that's how the conversation actually goes - it could be that the other teams really want to play the folks in ****** and are scheduling to come to Fargo to piggyback the trips....:nod::bong:

Better add another one of these buddy... :bong:

:rofl:

Greenie
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I could be wrong, however it is my understanding that Gene Taylor only schedules the football games and the coaches take care of their own scheduling.

Gene has handed over football scheduling to an assistant, but will remain involved with the process

NDSUstudent
06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
This is a great schedule with multiple NCAA tourney teams and great home and homes. Erich has done a superb job with this schedule, the guy is just all around a terrific coach.

Tatanka
06-15-2010, 10:51 PM
...and he's not even the highest-paid volleyball coach in the state of North Dakota. </DeepThought>

TheBisonator
06-17-2010, 12:31 AM

I don't understand... Why would a sports team that does not play hockey want to travel to und over NDSU??

BisoninNWMN
06-19-2010, 02:24 AM
...and he's not even the highest-paid volleyball coach in the state of North Dakota. </DeepThought>

Didn't the Sue or Flickertails "target" VB as one of their sports that they think they can make a decent DI team?......Hence the big salary for their coach....or bigger than Erich's.

My daughter's are excited to go see the Bison "kill" the sue this fall...:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: ......me too!!!!

DjKyRo
06-19-2010, 11:23 PM
My daughter's are excited to go see the Bison "kill" the sue this fall...:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: ......me too!!!!

Give your daughters a high-five from DJKyRo!

BisoninNWMN
06-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Give your daughters a high-five from DJKyRo!

...right back at ya

:D :D :D :D :D

BB should be a packed house that night!!

Tatanka
06-20-2010, 02:23 AM
BB should be a packed house EVERY night!!

Fixed this for you.

sambini
06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Didn't the Sue or Flickertails "target" VB as one of their sports that they think they can make a decent DI team?......Hence the big salary for their coach....or bigger than Erich's.

My daughter's are excited to go see the Bison "kill" the sue this fall...:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: ......me too!!!!++++++++++++++++++++++++