PDA

View Full Version : Bison beat FM Red Hawks 2-0

TheDoctor
05-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Long time no see guys. No press release on this one. Bison used bomb bats and threw 9 pitchers in a 2-0 shutout of the FM Red Hawks yesterday afternoon/evening. The Red Hawks were looking for a game after a rainy preseason. Congrats to our guys. Our first batter, I believe, hit a Jake Laber (former Bison pitcher) fastball over the right fielders head to get the party started. ;)

coldspot
05-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Long time no see guys. No press release on this one. Bison used bomb bats and threw 9 pitchers in a 2-0 shutout of the FM Red Hawks yesterday afternoon/evening. The Red Hawks were looking for a game after a rainy preseason. Congrats to our guys. Our first batter, I believe, hit a Jake Laber (former Bison pitcher) fastball over the right fielders head to get the party started. ;)

great for the bison, doesnt sound so good for the redhawks.

for those that dont know, baum bats have a plastic core surrounded by a layer of resin with a wood shell. decent pop and a heck of a lot more durable than wood bats.

TheDoctor
05-14-2010, 01:21 AM
baum bats

Woops! :rofl: They said baum-bats and it sounded like bomb bats which would make sense since they have a lot more pop. Thanks for the baseball tutorial for the day. :D ;)

TbonZach
05-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Woops! :rofl: They said baum-bats and it sounded like bomb bats which would make sense since they have a lot more pop. Thanks for the baseball tutorial for the day. :D ;)

Oh good. I don't follow baseball that much (honestly) and thought I they had some kind of super bat, or possibly that you were saying that they bombing the balls out of the park. :hide:

ndsubison1
05-14-2010, 05:47 PM
reminds me "rolled" bats ppl use in softball

how come i never heard of this? did they just think of this game at like the last minute?

coldspot
05-14-2010, 07:25 PM
reminds me "rolled" bats ppl use in softball

how come i never heard of this? did they just think of this game at like the last minute?

Pretty much. Not sure why they didn't plan it ahead of time. They couldve made some money on the gate and concessions

imabison
05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Pretty much. Not sure why they didn't plan it ahead of time. They couldve made some money on the gate and concessions

Considering the rain outs by the Redhawks, it was probably a spur of the moment call from the Redhawks, to get some playing time. Something like hey Coach Brown, can we come and practice with NDSU this afternoon. :)