PDA

View Full Version : Charley Johnson was forced out

lakesbison
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
news release just a few minutes ago said KVLY/KX4 has named Chris Sehring of the sioux falls KSFY station new general manager.

thus solidfying the rumors that charley was forced out. Not Cool.

SDbison
05-13-2010, 05:18 PM
news release just a few minutes ago said KVLY/KX4 has named Chris Sehring of the sioux falls KSFY station new general manager.

KSFY is a distant #2 in the Sioux Falls news market. KELO likely gets 85% audience, KSFY 10% and the other I can't even remember 5%.

backpages
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Interesting. What happened to "Too Tall Tom" on 4 & 11? When I left for overseas he did the weather. When I returned it's this guy Hutch. Seems like I hear Too Tall on the Radio now and then. Nothing against this Hutch guy but I miss: "10 degrees below the doughnut," "double hockey sticks," and "snowman or double snowman" for eight or eighty eight degrees etc., and then him putting his face right in the camera. It was such a showcase that many times when finished I had to go online to find out what the weather actually was. It was such an entertaining show. Plus all these little unknown towns he would have on the weather map.

MNLonghorn10
05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Interesting. What happened to "Too Tall Tom" on 4 & 11? When I left for overseas he did the weather. When I returned it's this guy Hutch. Seems like I hear Too Tall on the Radio now and then. Nothing against this Hutch guy but I miss: "10 degrees below the doughnut," "double hockey sticks," and "snowman or double snowman" for eight or eighty eight degrees etc., and then him putting his face right in the camera. It was such a showcase that many times when finished I had to go online to find out what the weather actually was. It was such an entertaining show. Plus all these little unknown towns he would have on the weather map.

too talls been out for a couple years now...he lives in moorhead still on the meadows golf course but does weather out in bismarck during the week, and here locally for the eagle 106.9 radio station.

and yes, he's still a loud drunk.

met1990
05-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Hutch and Tom basically switched stations in the end, although I'm sure Tom wasn't too happy about it.

tjbison
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Hutch Sucks!!! Why in the hell they traded him to whoever in Bismarck is stupid

aces1180
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Hutch Sucks!!! Why in the hell they traded him to whoever in Bismarck is stupid

Agreed...Have you ever noticed his teeth? They look like Austin Powers' choppers in the first movie.

lakesbison
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
is there ANYONE PRO-NDSU in the fargo media?

honestly. name one.

Civil06
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM

honestly. name one.

http://www.kfgo.com/images/FeaturedShowThumb2.jpg

$$$:hide:$$$

bisonaudit
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM

honestly. name one.

Yawwwwwwn.

GradBison
05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.kfgo.com/images/FeaturedShowThumb2.jpg

$$$:hide:$$$

LOL! Reps to you sir!

Grizzled
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
lakes,

You'll have to explain to me how Charley Johnson leaving is anti-NDSU.

tjbison
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM

honestly. name one.

Scott Miller, Jeff Kolpack

And what has been reported lately has been news its a state university that was using funds in the wrong way and as also reported not the only one. I'm not sure what you want from them?
I never really heard Charley Johnson come out and say he loved NDSU, sure didn't show in the crappy TV productions

MNLonghorn10
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
i'm sure ryan bohl is some what pro ndsu.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/media/full/jpg/2009/08/05/0805wedding.jpg

and im pro ryan bohl

Bison Dan
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I think NDSU should pick up Charlie - 1/2 time teaching and 1/2 time to work for the athletic dept to help with media growth.

lakesbison
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
thats what i was getting at dan

Facts
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Charley's a Concordia grad... let the record show.

Grizzled
05-13-2010, 08:21 PM
thats what i was getting at dan

How are:

and

honestly. name one.

Getting at:

I think NDSU should pick up Charlie - 1/2 time teaching and 1/2 time to work for the athletic dept to help with media growth.

Bisonguy
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
How are:

and

Getting at:

You forgot the universal Lakes constant, "It's Raining Bitches", in your equation which would make the resulting statement completely logical.

Grizzled
05-14-2010, 12:37 AM
You forgot the universal Lakes constant, "It's Raining Bitches", in your equation which would make the resulting statement completely logical.

:D:D I forgot. Its like multiplying decimals.

I'm only kidding lakes. I have no idea about Charley Johnson leaving besides hearing him say he was leaving on his own terms. He could have had a gun to his head when he said that. I don't know. Its your industry.

Swany
05-14-2010, 01:39 PM
This comes to mind when reading some of these posts about Fargo media being anti-NDSU for reporting facts, The Forum copying the Bisonville message board, etc.:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

lakesbison
05-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Swany. what the HELL are you talking about>?

its true. name me 1 person in the Fargo Media going out of their way to work on NDSU stuff day in and day out.

Maybe Jeff Kolpack in newspaper, out of 4 tv stations and 5 radio stations.

Shawn-O
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM

its true. name me 1 person in the Fargo Media going out of their way to work on NDSU stuff day in and day out.

That train-wreck of a blog makes you an unofficial member of the Fargo media, so I found one.

lakesbison
05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
your,the only one of 'your kind' thats allowed to.post on there,

The Lost Dutchman
05-14-2010, 08:25 PM

This isn't Minneapolis Lakes, there simply aren't the resources available for media outlets to have 1 person exclusively covering NDSU day in and day out.

Shawn-O
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM

I'll probably leave you alone over there and continue to needle you here.

Hambone
05-14-2010, 08:39 PM

What?? I'm not allowed? I'm offended......:nod:

Shawn-O
05-14-2010, 08:55 PM
What?? I'm not allowed? I'm offended......:nod:

You and lolreally should be allowed.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Stuff I heard he kind of brought it on himself and deserved it.

Bison_Pride
05-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Didn't Johnson fire Symanski? I bet he was sad to hear about Johnson.

Shawn-O
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
So I guess Michelle Turnberg got whacked yesterday. Anyone know more about that?

Bison Dan
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
So I guess Michelle Turnberg got whacked yesterday. Anyone know more about that?

Not sure but what a quote by her "I'm sure they had good reasons" WTF?

NorthernBison
06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure but what a quote by her "I'm sure they had good reasons" WTF?

Very odd quote considering the situation.

lakesbison
06-25-2010, 03:20 PM
new wonderboy GM was picked by hoak media and doing what he is told "clean house"

between them and the forum dying, its fun to sit back and enjoy the show at another station...hahaha...

Charley by the way has been all over town begging for jobs i was told by a little birdy. wierd, you'd think he'd save some of his money & retire. guess not.