PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits

roadwarrior
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
At Newman Outdoor Field:

Fri 6:30pm
Sat 1:00pm double header
Sun 1:00pm

The final home games for the Bison this season.

lakesbison
05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Why Is This Over Minnesota Fishing Opener!! Argh!!

Blue
05-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Jacks leading 8-1 in the sixth, meanwhile Centenary leads Team Oral 11-1 in the fifth down in the bayou. Go Gents!

Hammersmith
05-15-2010, 08:41 PM
First game just about over(thankfully). 12-3 Rabbits, bottom of the 9th. At least the softball game was good. (And someone near Newman is kind enough to have an unsecured wireless router so I can write this.)

Game over. Here's hoping WIU has pulled it out over SUU.

rabidrabbit
05-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Jacks go for the road sweep tomorrow. This may be the year of the Rabbits in the Summit for baseball.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Jacks go for the road sweep tomorrow. This may be the year of the Rabbits in the Summit for baseball.

yeah sounds like they have a good team this year, the comebacks against Oral Roberts is very impressive.

IronRanger
05-16-2010, 01:28 AM

Were the games closer than what the scored showed?

JackJD
05-16-2010, 02:27 AM

Not really. Check the boxscores on gobison.com

From the first game:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=706&SPSID=12103&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204945968

coldspot
05-16-2010, 02:38 AM

The second game was when they were winning going into the 7th.

roadwarrior
05-16-2010, 08:55 PM
NDSU finally wins over the rabbits on sunday 5-4.

Twins beat the yanks too.

ndsubison1
05-16-2010, 09:38 PM
any chance we are in the summit tourney?

Hammersmith
05-16-2010, 10:10 PM
any chance we are in the summit tourney?

We're not out of it, but we are on life support. SDSU and ORU have clinched spots, and Centenary would have to completely fall apart to not make it.

Here are the four teams vying for the final spot:

Games Left
Southern Utah 11-12 .478 @Oakland(4)
IPFW 11-13 .458 Centenary(4)
North Dakota State 10-13 .435 @Oral Roberts(4)
Oakland 09-14 .391 Southern Utah(4)

The Bison will have to win our ORU series, and probably sweep it, and then hope for help from Oakland and Centenary. That's a long shot.

SDbison
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
From Terry V's blog (what is this guy smoking?):

It just got real

Posted 5/17/2010 6:00 AM CDT on argusleader.com
The South Dakota State baseball team had already beaten three teams from major-conferences a total of five times. It had already taken a series from Oral Roberts, the first conference club ever to do that. And it had already ascended into the top 20 in national statistics for fielding, batting and pitching.

But this weekend in Fargo, things got real - as skateboarder Rob Dyrdek would say - for the Jackrabbits. They took three games from rival North Dakota State on the road for the first time since 1982. That's a fairly long history of underwhelming success considering that SDSU, for the most part, has had a better baseball program than the Bison, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at 89-46.

So even though NDSU isn't great, sitting in sixth place in the Summit League, the fact that the Jacks took care of business away from home in a rivalry series adds still more credence to the idea that this is a legit squad.

Good teams win at home and on the road. Check. They beat name-brand schools and no-name schools. Check. They beat first-time foes and longtime rivals. Check.

But can they finish the job? Three teams - SDSU, Centenary and ORU - are within percentage points of first place with one week left in the regular season. The league hasn't seen a baseball race like this since before the Golden Eagles came on board - they've won the regular-season title by at least four games in the loss column every year since 1999.

An opportunity like this, a team like this, doesn't come along every year in Brookings.

Terry Vandrovec also posts regular updates on his Twitter page. (http://www.twitter.com/terryvandrovec)
Comments (0) (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3ad2b80f74-02fd-4f52-bd58-d7bd1f6f92ef&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest) | Permanent Link (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3ad2b80f74-02fd-4f52-bd58-d7bd1f6f92ef&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest)

ndsubison1
05-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree with him. SDSU is legit this year. They hit the ball

mango
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
From Terry V's blog (what is this guy smoking?):

It just got real

Posted 5/17/2010 6:00 AM CDT on argusleader.com
The South Dakota State baseball team had already beaten three teams from major-conferences a total of five times. It had already taken a series from Oral Roberts, the first conference club ever to do that. And it had already ascended into the top 20 in national statistics for fielding, batting and pitching.

But this weekend in Fargo, things got real - as skateboarder Rob Dyrdek would say - for the Jackrabbits. They took three games from rival North Dakota State on the road for the first time since 1982. That's a fairly long history of underwhelming success considering that SDSU, for the most part, has had a better baseball program than the Bison, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at 89-46.

So even though NDSU isn't great, sitting in sixth place in the Summit League, the fact that the Jacks took care of business away from home in a rivalry series adds still more credence to the idea that this is a legit squad.

Good teams win at home and on the road. Check. They beat name-brand schools and no-name schools. Check. They beat first-time foes and longtime rivals. Check.

But can they finish the job? Three teams - SDSU, Centenary and ORU - are within percentage points of first place with one week left in the regular season. The league hasn't seen a baseball race like this since before the Golden Eagles came on board - they've won the regular-season title by at least four games in the loss column every year since 1999.

An opportunity like this, a team like this, doesn't come along every year in Brookings.

Terry Vandrovec also posts regular updates on his Twitter page. (http://www.twitter.com/terryvandrovec)
Comments (0) (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3ad2b80f74-02fd-4f52-bd58-d7bd1f6f92ef&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest) | Permanent Link (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3ad2b80f74-02fd-4f52-bd58-d7bd1f6f92ef&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest)

I guess I don't see the problem in what he is saying. The Jacks are very good this year and handing Oral Roberts their first Summit League conference loss EVER makes them a legit contender for the Summit League title. What is the problem with the blog post in your mind?

jackrabbit1979
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I guess I don't see the problem in what he is saying. The Jacks are very good this year and handing Oral Roberts their first Summit League conference loss EVER makes them a legit contender for the Summit League title. What is the problem with the blog post in your mind?

Let me answer that for SDBison - the blog post is positive and about SDSU.

JacksFan06
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Not to mention sweeping our series against Big Ten leading Minnesota and beating nationally ranked Arkansas.

We also have the nation's leader in ERA and we have a 33-17 record. So yeah, the Jacks are legit and have been for the past couple years.

SDbison
05-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Let me answer that for SDBison - the blog post is positive and about SDSU.
They took three games from rival North Dakota State on the road for the first time since 1982. That's a fairly long history of underwhelming success considering that SDSU, for the most part, has had a better baseball program than the Bison, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at 89-46.
I could care less if SDSU baseball is doing well. I just took issue with the above portion of Terry's blubbering. So SDSU fans.......I think you would not appreciate if Kolpack wrote something similar later this year instead with the topic of Bison football:
"In recent years the underperforming Bison have lost the marker to SDSU, but the long time series leading Bison just kicked the Jacks around the field 1980's fashion in the 2010 matchup. The Bison have nearly always had the superior football program."

mango
05-18-2010, 08:38 PM
They took three games from rival North Dakota State on the road for the first time since 1982. That's a fairly long history of underwhelming success considering that SDSU, for the most part, has had a better baseball program than the Bison, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at 89-46.
I could care less if SDSU baseball is doing well. I just took issue with the above portion of Terry's blubbering. So SDSU fans.......I think you would not appreciate if Kolpack wrote something similar later this year instead with the topic of Bison football:
"In recent years the underperforming Bison have lost the marker to SDSU, but the long time series leading Bison just kicked the Jacks around the field 1980's fashion in the 2010 matchup. The Bison have nearly always had the superior football program."

I think it's also a slam at SDSU and praise for NDSU because the Bison have done so well against the Jacks at home in the past 18 years that NDSU hasn't lost a series at home to SDSU in that span.

I really don't think they two comments even convey the same thing. If Kolpack would say "NDSU, for the most part, has had a better football program than the Jacks, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at whatever it is." most Jackrabbits fan wouldn't be upset because that is a fact, just like the fact Terry used.

SDSU has probably brought some good teams to Fargo since 1982 but haven't won three games there and that is a credit to the Bison and I think that is what Terry is trying to say.

SDbison
05-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I think it's also a slam at SDSU and praise for NDSU because the Bison have done so well against the Jacks at home in the past 18 years that NDSU hasn't lost a series at home to SDSU in that span.

I really don't think they two comments even convey the same thing. If Kolpack would say "NDSU, for the most part, has had a better football program than the Jacks, holding a substantial lead in the all-time series at whatever it is." most Jackrabbits fan wouldn't be upset because that is a fact, just like the fact Terry used.

SDSU has probably brought some good teams to Fargo since 1982 but haven't won three games there and that is a credit to the Bison and I think that is what Terry is trying to say.
Agree, it seems like SDSU should have won several series in Fargo since 1982. Don't know why that was so difficult.
I still think Terry V goes out of his way, just like most SDSU fans, to take jabs at NDSU. But then again NDSU seems to be SDSU's gold standard. NDSU doesn't feel the same about SDSU.
Finally this is NDSU's messageboard and if I feel a certain way, even if biased towards NDSU, I every right to do so..........

jacks1
05-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Admin: knock it off

mango
05-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Agree, it seems like SDSU should have won several series in Fargo since 1982. Don't know why that was so difficult.
I still think Terry V goes out of his way, just like most SDSU fans, to take jabs at NDSU. But then again NDSU seems to be SDSU's gold standard. NDSU doesn't feel the same about SDSU.
Finally this is NDSU's messageboard and if I feel a certain way, even if biased towards NDSU, I every right to do so..........

I don't think Terry took a jab at NDSU by providing a stat which was meaningful since it provided that SDSU has been better than NDSU for the most part in baseball. And can we knock off this gold standard crap. SDSU and NDSU are in the same conference so of course we want to beat the Bison.

bisonpride
05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Not to mention sweeping our series against Big Ten leading Minnesota and beating nationally ranked Arkansas.

We also have the nation's leader in ERA and we have a 33-17 record. So yeah, the Jacks are legit and have been for the past couple years.

I posted it on a different thread before...

The Jacks are good but they are not legit.

There are 301 D1 baseball teams. Depending on the poll you look at they are 157 or 164 in the RPI ranking. Floating close by is the every mighty Gophers at 138 leading the mediocre Big 10 with their 25-27 overall record. Is the Jacks record good, yeah. But their strength of schedule is a 254 ranking so if they are a decent team they should win a lot of games with that kind of schedule.

The problem I have is how can you call a team that is arguably worse then over half of D1 teams legit. They beat Arkansas 3-2 mid week on a Tuesday and promptly got destroyed the next day 21-2.

SDSU is a very good team. ORU is down this year but still a very good team as well. Legit is a top 50 team. SDSU's womens BB teams were legit. SDSU, and ORU baseball this year are not legit just very good.

SDbison
05-20-2010, 04:37 PM

There are 301 D1 baseball teams. Depending on the poll you look at they are 157 or 164 in the RPI ranking. Floating close by is the every mighty Gophers at 138 leading the mediocre Big 10 with their 25-27 overall record. Is the Jacks record good, yeah. But their strength of schedule is a 254 ranking so if they are a decent team they should win a lot of games with that kind of schedule.

The problem I have is how can you call a team that is arguably worse then over half of D1 teams legit. They beat Arkansas 3-2 mid week on a Tuesday and promptly got destroyed the next day 21-2.

SDSU is a very good team. ORU is down this year but still a very good team as well. Legit is a top 50 team. SDSU's womens BB teams were legit. SDSU, and ORU baseball this year are not legit just very good.
Watchout, the SDSU fans are lurking and will be posting their response in 3....2....1......

JacksFan06
05-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Our RPI would be better if we weren't playing in a conference with Oakland (rpi 268) IPFW (274), NDSU (281), & W. Illinois (285).

There are 301 D1 baseball teams, and half the Summit league are within the bottom 50 teams.

And when I said the Jacks are legit, it was meant in regards to the article. I'm not saying they will have a shot at the Baseball World Series, but they do have a legitimate shot at dethroning Oral Roberts for the conference title. (You know, something that hasn't happened in the past billion years)

ndsubison1
05-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I've paid attention to some of the Jacks boxscores this season they def. are legit. They can hit the ball and only make the Summit stronger. I actually wouldnt mind to see them take down ORU. That's if NDSU doesnt make it, which they likely won't.

Kemo
05-20-2010, 06:49 PM

That is a fair assessment. I guess whether the Jacks are legitimate depends on one's definition of legitimate.

Bison bison
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Our RPI would be better if we weren't playing in a conference with Oakland (rpi 268) IPFW (274), NDSU (281), & W. Illinois (285).

Feel free to leave whenever you'd like.

SDSUAlum08
05-27-2010, 04:44 AM

I can agree with this to a point. SDSU has a good team. Not great, but good. And on any given day they probably could pull off a big win.

In regards to TV's blog and articles that he writes, he obviously pushes SDSU but he is about as unbiased as you can get. He has a lot of respect for NDSU as he grew up in Jamestown, ND, went to school at Concordia, and I believe worked for the Fargo Forum and still has many friends there.

tjbison
05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I can agree with this to a point. SDSU has a good team. Not great, but good. And on any given day they probably could pull off a big win.

In regards to TV's blog and articles that he writes, he obviously pushes SDSU but he is about as unbiased as you can get. He has a lot of respect for NDSU as he grew up in Jamestown, ND, went to school at Concordia, and I believe worked for the Fargo Forum and still has many friends there.

Of course thats what he is getting paid to do.

Hammersmith
05-27-2010, 11:13 PM
SDSU came from behind and beat Oakland 6-5 in 10 innings in the Summit tourney this afternoon. ORU/Cent starts at 7:00.

bisonpride
05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
ORU crushed the Jacks in the winners bracket game 21-6.

Oakland eliminated Centenary 7-2 in the loser out.

SDSU eliminated Oakland 20-6.

ORU vs SDSU- 1pm Saturday. If SDSU wins game 2 to follow.