PDA

View Full Version : Creighton

roadwarrior
05-11-2010, 08:58 PM
The double header with Creighton scheduled for wednesday at Newman Outdoor Field has been cancelled.

lakesbison
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
DAMMIT! I wanted to see Crieghton, we never get quality D1 baseball schools up here, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HandoEX
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
DAMMIT! I wanted to see Crieghton, we never get quality D1 baseball schools up here, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well I am out $2500 due to this so...:banghead: :mad: :ranting:

ndsubison1
05-12-2010, 03:34 AM
The double header with Creighton scheduled for wednesday at Newman Outdoor Field has been cancelled.

You mean I have to study now??? :mad: ;)

ndsubison1
05-12-2010, 03:35 AM

Minnesota? Oral Roberts?

lakesbison
05-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Minnesota for 1 game(without decker) & Oral isnt here this year. SIGH

NDSUFan_Sav
05-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Minnesota? Oral Roberts?

hate to say it but Minnesota isn't really that good this year.

ndsubison1
05-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Not a great overall record but theyre tied for 1st in the Big Ten

mango
05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Minnesota? Oral Roberts?

SDSU?

Not saying that because I'm a Jackrabbit fan but they are legit this year.

coldspot
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
SDSU?

if lakes had it his way, we'd be bringing teams from the SEC/PAC10/WCC/ACC/Big12/Big West up here so we could show how much of a national power we are by getting piss-pounded 20-0. what lakes fails to realize is that our opportunities to get teams to come up here are limited to the second half of the season, which also happens to be conference crunch time/finals time.

big time teams would rather drive across the state or region to play non-conference, midweek games than across the country. our options for regional-non conference foes is a short list with creighton and minnesota being the prime D1 candidates, o yeah, dont forget UND, but lakes doesnt want anything to do with them because WARHGABLEADSLFNADS;LFHADFUCKTHESIOUXSLKGHLKGHLJLFK SJDFLKASJDG;LKJ.

i say next year, instead of wasting a weekend down in the metrodome, we play a home/away series with UND instead of playing dakota wesleyan and mayville state.

bisonpride
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Not a great overall record but theyre tied for 1st in the Big Ten

You said it all right there... the Big Ten. Big names but not a great conference for baseball. They are in a 4 way tie for 1st with a 10-8 record. There is also a 4 way tie for last with an 8-10 record. So last place could still win the title. Yuck!
The Sun Belt (FLA-Atlantic, LA-Lafayette, 8 teams top 100 rpi) is a better baseball conference as are other mid-majors like the Big West (Fullerton, Irvine, Long Beach), Conference USA (Rice, Tulane), the Southland (5 teams top 100 RPI), the Big south (Coastal Caroliona #6 in the country), Southern conference(College of Charleston), and the Mountain West.

Now those are the kind of quality D1 baseball schools Lakes is talking about. Minnesota is hit and miss. Creighton is down a little this year but is generally a top 50 team every year.

bisonpride
05-12-2010, 02:53 PM
SDSU?

I dont know if I would say they are legit but they are pretty solid. Pretty big weekend to get 3 of 4 from ORU. First series loss for ORU since entering the conference in 1998.

coldspot
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I dont know if I would say they are legit but they are pretty solid. Pretty big weekend to get 3 of 4 from ORU. First series loss for ORU since entering the conference in 1998.

sdsu is legit this year. take a look at the national stats rankings. as a team, they have one of the most potent offenses in the nation.

team batting average- 9th in the nation
runs/game- 6th in the nation
overall runs- 7th in the nation
total hits- 15th in the nation
slugging %- 13th in the nation

and theyre 22nd in the nation in fielding %

lakesbison
05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
bisonpride, thank you.

yea Big 10 is good, but dam there is some major baseball being played in the south and west, would LOVE to get someone to fly in for 2 games. Newman is a great stadium to do that with.

jacks1
05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
sdsu is legit this year. take a look at the national stats rankings. as a team, they have one of the most potent offenses in the nation.

team batting average- 9th in the nation
runs/game- 6th in the nation
overall runs- 7th in the nation
total hits- 15th in the nation
slugging %- 13th in the nation

and theyre 22nd in the nation in fielding %

...and the most road wins in the nation.

coldspot
05-12-2010, 06:14 PM
...and the most road wins in the nation.

that too.

slick sent me this nice little neg rep

no college baseball team is legit

slick obviously doesnt watch the college world series. keep up your little crusade against cv and anybody associated with him and stay classy.

lakesbison
05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
coldspot. cmon. i wanna say something not directed exactly at you, but why do some of you like to "OUT" what people say on neg rep comments or pm's? thats not cool.

College baseball at NDSU would get more recognitiion/attendence if they brought bigger teams to newman, that my friend is a fact.

coldspot
05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
coldspot. cmon. i wanna say something not directed exactly at you, but why do some of you like to "OUT" what people say on neg rep comments or pm's? thats not cool.

College baseball at NDSU would get more recognitiion/attendence if they brought bigger teams to newman, that my friend is a fact.

if you dont want anything in a neg rep repeated to the public, dont leave a comment then.

what "bigger teams", outside of teams in our region like minnesota and creighton, are going to come up here in the middle of conference play?

bisonpride
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
if you dont want anything in a neg rep repeated to the public, dont leave a comment then.

what "bigger teams", outside of teams in our region like minnesota and creighton, are going to come up here in the middle of conference play?

Unfortunately none. About the only way i could see it is if there happens to be an ND kid on the team for example a Kansas or Arizona. The only way I list those is because we went to Kansas about 4 times so a return trip with Elgie could be in order. Arizona now has Frenzel and is Coach Browns Alma Matter so I could see a connection there.

Elgie is hitting below the Mendoza line in 80 at bats but 4 of his 16 hits are homers. Frenzel missed a month with a broken wrist bone and has worked his way into the everyday starting lineup after his return and is hitting 5th in the order and currently hitting .319.

But in all reality i dont see a team like that making a trip north.