PDA

View Full Version : Tinglestad and Tollefson article

cbline
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Great article on classmates from small town Lake Park-Audubon making their marks early at NDSU.

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/52743/

backpages
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Great kids and I think they were just a year apart in high school. There is also a young man who graduated with one or the other at LPA who received a scholarship to M.I.T. Not too bad for a small school. There are plenty more of those small town gems out there but they just don't get the publicity. Nice to see when they do break through.

cbline
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Great kids and I think they were just a year apart in high school. There is also a young man who graduated with one or the other at LPA who received a scholarship to M.I.T. Not too bad for a small school. There are plenty more of those small town gems out there but they just don't get the publicity. Nice to see when they do break through.

Ashley and Toni graduated the same year, but Ashley finished high school at East Grand Forks. The student at MIT is Jesse Moeller, and he is a couple years older. Yes, some great kids out there, but now we need to get the school construction vote to pass in Lake Park-Audubon on May 25th.

backpages
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Good luck with the vote. It "will" pass this time! Also, when I passed through there last week did I see a new Casey's in Lake Park?

cbline
05-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Good luck with the vote. It "will" pass this time! Also, when I passed through there last week did I see a new Casey's in Lake Park?

Yes, Casey's open a few weeks ago. Hard to imagine that the voters will turn down the fed's paying interest on $19 million of construction bonds, but we will see.

BISON555
05-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Toni graduated in 08' from LPA, she had to sit out last year and is a redshirt freshman. Ashley graduated in 09' from egf, she is a true freshman.
It was very nice to see the school get some positive publicity! What makes me wonder is if they don't understand that they are going to pay money either way, busing the kids to another district is very costly. I sure hope it passes! It seems to be Lake Park vs Audubon, just like the old days!

Castor Troy
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Great article on classmates from small town Lake Park-Audubon making their marks early at NDSU.

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/52743/

The comments from Toni and Ryun about the nature of the high jump are very revealing on how difficult mentally that event really is. She has proven that she has the talent to jump nearly 6 feet, but at times popping a big jump like that can be a curse if you don't have the right mind set. Ryun and Toni have the right idea about building consistency at higher and higher heights. Once a high jumper gets on a role there is no stopping them. But the inverse is also true. Once you get in a slump it takes a while to break out. It seems to run in cycles.