PDA

View Full Version : My favorite letter to the editor

tony
05-09-2010, 04:36 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/160785/group/Opinion/

G-city Bison Fan
05-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Amen. I have found it really hard to feel bad about the rules that were broken.

roadwarrior
05-09-2010, 05:13 AM
That letter should be on the FRONT PAGE of the Forum!

lakesbison
05-09-2010, 05:21 AM
That letter should be in EVERY DAM NEWSPAPER IN NORTH DAKOTA + NORTHWEST MINNESOTA!!!

someone start emailing this!!!

amazing

BigBison
05-09-2010, 06:15 AM
This is what Hanson should of said when he took over NDSU. Instead, like a dumbass, went the opposite way. Or atleast he could of done some PR in a good way.

Bison"FANatic"
05-09-2010, 12:28 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Simply put and so true. Like Road said it should be on the front page!!!!!

56BISON73
05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Great letter!!!!!

roadwarrior
05-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I would assume that he sent the letter to more than just the Herald. I wonder if it will get printed in the Forum? (It wasnt there today)

Tatanka
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I would assume that he sent the letter to more than just the Herald. I wonder if it will get printed in the Forum? (It wasnt there today)

This. having said that, it's a miracle that it was printed at all, especially in the herald. they might have thought it was a satire piece though.

Wally
05-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Outstanding letter!!!

sambini
05-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Great letter+++++

NorthernBison
05-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Love the letter.

Not happy about why it had to be written but it is excellent in its defense of NDSU.

Ferd
05-09-2010, 06:33 PM

However there was a positive editorial piece.

just saying...

ndsubison1
05-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Amen. I have found it really hard to feel bad about the rules that were broken.

Agree completely. The pros outweigh the cons immensely

Mr. Burgundy
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Lakes, get that letter in the Forum! Great letter.

80ALUM
05-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Wait to go Mike. Proud to say he is a friend of mine and fellow NDSU supporter.

lakesbison
05-10-2010, 03:22 AM
sent to Bismarck, Fargo Forum and 3 other newspaper by your's truly, but I bet these guys have already seen it and said "oh no, that cant be printed, thats not GOOD NEWS!"

NDSUstudent
05-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Send it to the Forum? Screw newspapers, send that letter to the four presidential candidates and every legislator in ND plus the SBoHE.

WYOBISONMAN
05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Wow. That was great and so very true!

TheBisonator
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I wish someone would have written something like that sooner. Great job!

BisBison
05-11-2010, 12:28 AM
And yet still not printed in the home-town paper the Forum. Or the Bis Trib. Can't either of these rags stand positive stories?

DjKyRo
05-11-2010, 01:28 AM
It's awesome that we have the guy who wrote this at the head of the alumni association (not that I would expect otherwise). Next NDSU President? :nod:

roadwarrior
05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I just received an email from the NDSU Alumni Assn that included the letter. They stated that it has been mailed to several ND newspapers.

KilldeerBison
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
This should be read at graduation this weekend!

BlueBisonRock
05-11-2010, 08:25 PM
This should be read at graduation this weekend!

Perhaps our new best friends at Radio 740 could read it on the air and get some positive visibility from the discussion that would follow? One good question to get the audience rolling would be 'Why did the Forum choose to not publish the letter?'.

What do you say McF / JH?

lakesbison
05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Wow, what a joke, every newspaper was mailed it. I emailed it to every editor and Im hoping some of you have done the same.

Lou is the bismarck editor and ME THINKS he reads bisonville, read his reply below, ha ha.

To: lou.babiarz@bismarcktribune.com; john.irby@bismarcktribune.com; brian.kroshus@bismarcktribune.com

Lou's response

Nobody here has a bias against NDSU, although I'm guessing that since you pulled this complaint off the Bison message board, you may have a bias toward NDSU? :)
Seriously, we have plenty of interest in NDSU, and so do our readers. We know that. The main problem is manpower. I would love to have a reporter on the eastern part of the state and divide up that person's time between doing NDSU and UND stories, but the money just isn't there. We have our hands full (and then some) covering local sports. That's why we have to rely on AP for most of our coverage of UND and NDSU sports. Everybody on our staff is instructed to run EVERY story AP moves on NDSU and UND sports. UND just sends more things as AP stories our way.

We're also striving for variety, which is why I don't try to influence the other writers' decisions. That's why we're likely to choose stuff from our respective beats. For example, I'm more likely to pick a Wizards story (not this year), while Mike is more likely to pick Class B and a LocaL college.

SDbison
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Sherri Schmidt sent Mike Kruegers letter out in a e-mail to Alumni today with the subject heading, "NDSU and our Bison Pride". Here is what I replied back to her:
Sherri,
Please forward my thanks to Mike Krueger for writing the article below and arranging to have it published. From my discussions with NDSU students and Alumni, all seem to agree that Mike put into words what we all would like to express to others about the current situation. It is a shame that NDSU’s home town newspaper chose to take such a caustic attitude toward a great academic institution in their own backyard. I sincerely hope this article will be published in the Fargo Forum so those that have been soured by the negative press might also consider the positives NDSU has provided to the local community and state. The most important thing is that NDSU quickly gets over this, takes necessary correction actions, and continues to grow and prosper without a period of stagnation. The new president must not allow the university to falter and take steps backward. Thanks for all you do to keep NDSU Alumni informed and involved.

SDbison
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow, what a joke, every newspaper was mailed it. I emailed it to every editor and Im hoping some of you have done the same.

Lou is the bismarck editor and ME THINKS he reads bisonville, read his reply below, ha ha.

To: lou.babiarz@bismarcktribune.com; john.irby@bismarcktribune.com; brian.kroshus@bismarcktribune.com

Lou's response

Nobody here has a bias against NDSU, although I'm guessing that since you pulled this complaint off the Bison message board, you may have a bias toward NDSU? :)
Seriously, we have plenty of interest in NDSU, and so do our readers. We know that. The main problem is manpower. I would love to have a reporter on the eastern part of the state and divide up that person's time between doing NDSU and UND stories, but the money just isn't there. We have our hands full (and then some) covering local sports. That's why we have to rely on AP for most of our coverage of UND and NDSU sports. Everybody on our staff is instructed to run EVERY story AP moves on NDSU and UND sports. UND just sends more things as AP stories our way.

We're also striving for variety, which is why I don't try to influence the other writers' decisions. That's why we're likely to choose stuff from our respective beats. For example, I'm more likely to pick a Wizards story (not this year), while Mike is more likely to pick Class B and a LocaL college.
Lou's response pegged my BS meter! Just reprint the letter you loser.......wow, that takes a lot of investigative reporting (like less than 5 minutes)!

roadwarrior
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I sent a letter to the editor of the Forum last fall. They published it at least a week after they received it. As long as they put it in there, it doesn't matter to me if they do it today, tomorrow, or some other day. Just get it done!

99Bison
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Alumni association just emailed the letter out too.

roadwarrior
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
The letter was printed in the foolum today.

Tatanka
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
The letter was printed in the foolum today.

Tempered, of course, by the huge front-page smear campaign. Way to be fair and balanced, dinguses.

Facts
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
That letter should be in EVERY DAM NEWSPAPER IN NORTH DAKOTA + NORTHWEST MINNESOTA!!!

someone start emailing this!!!

amazing

I actually recieved the letter as an email on Sunday! It's working it's way around.

lakesbison
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Hooorah!!

The Forum Published The Letter Online!!

Bisonville Peer Pressure Works!!

ndsubison1
05-12-2010, 05:52 PM
congrats lakes you did it!

80ALUM
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Nothing in the Bis Trib thus far.