PDA

View Full Version : John Gardner

Herd80
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
In the interest of fairness, there ought to be a thread for the last candidate.

My take: John should make it an interesting discussion at the search committee level. He did a fine job with his public presentation, nailed a couple of questions, and really showed the ability to think strategically. Has really expanded his world-view, while having a solid background regarding the state and NDSU. Being an "aggie" (in past lives, at least), and having some experience at NDSU will probably(strangely and unfortunately) work against him.

Without any knowledge of how his (or any of the candidates) 2-day interview process went, John's name ought to be on the table as a good candidate along with Miller...in my most humble of opinion's

westriver bison
05-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Gardner is my pick.

BisonNeil
05-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Gardner was a bust as a director of a research and extension center at Carrington. I have always believed that he would have eventually been fired had he not left. I have friends at Missouri who said he was a disaster there as an associate director and then for some stranger than fiction reason being catapulted to a VP.

Gardner is not presidential material.

Tatanka
05-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Gardner was a bust as a director of a research and extension center at Carrington. I have always believed that he would have eventually been fired had he not left. I have friends at Missouri who said he was a disaster there as an associate director and then for some stranger than fiction reason being catapulted to a VP.

Perfect! Now that iPrez Hanson is out of the running, the Herald will need a new candidate to endorse. Look for the editorial next Sunday.

bisonaudit
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM

This excellence in research award from 1996, his last year running the Carrington R-E center says you don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/vpaue/Awards/past_recipients.pdf

BisonNeil
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
This excellence in research award from 1996, his last year running the Carrington R-E center says you don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/vpaue/Awards/past_recipients.pdf

I didn't say he wasn't a good researcher, I said he was a bust as the director of the REC, as in a lousy administrator.

Since you are an auditor it would appear you can count but not read. Typical.

westriver bison
05-11-2010, 02:33 AM

My girlfriend's, brother's, exboyfriend's, aunt's niece twice removed told me.............

DjKyRo
05-11-2010, 03:06 AM
My girlfriend's, brother's, exboyfriend's, aunt's niece twice removed told me.............

#8..............